Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

To the Devs: a question about multiplayer

Page: 1 of 1
 jigjigga
01-19-2006, 1:03 AM
The demo doesn't explain this, so here goes:

Will multiplayer be 1 on 1, or will it be team v team?

1 on 1 I bet is in, but is team v team? That would be just awesome. Say 4v4 this lets commanders talk and communicate and coordinate attacks etc. with eachother on a team. Wouldnt' neccessarily be too difficult to implement (assuming 1v1 is in there and you guys are motivated;) ). This would be the killer app, so to speak, of the game. A lan party classic if done.
 Spartan025
01-19-2006, 4:49 AM
wel actually if you seen the interview they said that it would have both or trying to, but i m not sure been about 6 month since I watched it :)
 Jaymz
01-19-2006, 5:28 AM
That's an interesting question. If there really is more than 1v1 then i wonder how will space / ground battles go... that is, if one player attacks another in a 2v2, will the team get shared control during the battle? will the other players just spectate?
 Admiral Sith
01-19-2006, 6:42 AM
They will there is a Galactic Conquest multiplayer mode that allows 3-4 players to play together under one faction. IE There will only be one Empire but 4 players can control different parts of it.
 Bossz
01-19-2006, 6:45 AM
They will there is a Galactic Conquest multiplayer mode that allows 3-4 players to play together under one faction. IE There will only be one Empire but 4 players can control different parts of it.

Where did they say that? It is 1vs1 in Galactic Conquest and up to 8 players on Skirmish battles.
 Darth_Torpid-PG
01-19-2006, 1:19 PM
The demo doesn't explain this, so here goes:

Will multiplayer be 1 on 1, or will it be team v team?

1 on 1 I bet is in, but is team v team? That would be just awesome. Say 4v4 this lets commanders talk and communicate and coordinate attacks etc. with eachother on a team. Wouldnt' neccessarily be too difficult to implement (assuming 1v1 is in there and you guys are motivated;) ). This would be the killer app, so to speak, of the game. A lan party classic if done.

The full galactic conquest mode multiplayer is 1v1 only. Tactical multiplayer (space or land battles) can be up to 4v4.
 jigjigga
01-19-2006, 3:47 PM
The full galactic conquest mode multiplayer is 1v1 only. Tactical multiplayer (space or land battles) can be up to 4v4.
aah :ball: It would be AWESOME to have teams in galactic conquest. They shouldn't be allowed to have multiple people do battle, for example, but they could each control a certain sector and if need be send troops or fleets to an ally's system. Oh well.
 Spartan025
01-19-2006, 5:49 PM
Yeah I knew I heard it somewhere
my memories are comming back it was in gamespot video when they interview someone(dont remember who)
 Spartan025
01-21-2006, 12:06 PM
I have a question if its a secret alright sorry I ask but
how are we going to play skimishes if you play on only one landmass or space(how do we get resources)
 Kurgan
01-21-2006, 12:13 PM
A skirmish is single player only, isn't it? I imagine resource wise you'd just start with a bunch of money, at least that's how it's done in other games. Or perhaps you automatically get a certain "income" over time, as you did in Emperor: Battle for Dune, on the planets other than Arrakis (without the spice).
 Teradyn
01-31-2006, 4:07 PM
Darth_Torpid, do you think that there would be any way to use the skirmish interface to have more than 2 people connect for a galactic game, or would that be something only available in the engine (.exe) itself?

If we could somehow get the different people connected, how would tactical battles handle the players that are not directly involved, would they be observers?

This brings up another question, are there observer slots in the multiplayer skirmish modes?
Page: 1 of 1