Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mini-Games!

Page: 1 of 1
 Sabretooth
01-07-2006, 9:06 AM
One of the specialties of the KotOR series is the use of minigames. We've seen three minigames, in two avatars, but there is always room for innovation! What are the type of minigames you want to see in the next one? A new game that uses Pazaak cards? The old, shooting game in a new (and less frustating) avatar? Maybe a third-person, where you navigate the Hawk through asteroids, enemy ships, caverns, incoming missiles and maybe more...
Another possibility is the old Swoop race, with competitors and turns!

So, what do guys think? :)
 Ztalker
01-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Well, swoopracing against enemies would be great i think...it could also add some sidequests considering the life of a racer etc.

Fighting in a fight jet or with the ebon hawk would be cool too. Maybe they could use the old Rogue Sqaudron controls, would be nice.
 Vladimir-Vlada
01-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Swoop racing definatley. And none of that: Press the button when required. I woud like some classic swoop racing and so.

A arena to fight enemies like in KOTOR 1. I missed it a lot.

Pazzak! They left it out completely.

A drinking game would be a good one.

Flying ships should be considered a part of the game, rather than a mini game. Especially since D20 rules support vehicles (Yes, they do. I checked it). Yes, Rogue Squadron controls would be great. Although the 'classic' RPG players would be upset because of the aiming.
 Darth Dmitrius
01-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Agreed with Ztalker about swoopracing against enemies. At best - an option to choose racing type (with enemies or with limited time).
Then - almost like Ztalker sad, flying the Ebon Hawk and destroying sith starfighters.
3rd. In KotOR II TSL I liked the end of Peragus chapter, where player controls auto-turret (but when I needed XP, I had to let every sith enter the Ebon Hawk, then kill them). So, I think creators might make this feature more interesting somehow.
4th. Lightsaber duel mini-game. Third or first person view, and full control of lightsaber. Of course slo-mo must be incuded, because it will be very hard to fight so quickly. Well, this feature don't have to be added. It's hard to theach computer fighting cool.
That's all I guess.
Yea, I've read post of Vladimir-Vlada. I've forgotten Pazaak, my favorite mini-game in KOTOR I and II. I think there has to be some more cards for it, rules should be unchanged.
 Jae Onasi
01-07-2006, 6:31 PM
Keep Pazaak and swoop-racing. The dueling ring was fun, too. I can live with/without the turret stuff. I'll pass on the drinking game. :) My kids don't need that one. :) Some kind of sport-type game might be fun to add.
I have to say, Whack-a-Mole is right out. :smash:
 RobQel-Droma
01-07-2006, 6:48 PM
A dueling ring like on Taris would be a nice mini-game.

Swoop racing they should obviously keep, along with an option to race against other competitors. Kind of like podracing.

Pazaak, and maybe another card game like Sabaac.

The turret mini-game is another one to keep.

Also, kind of like the Turret, you should be able to fly the Ebon Hawk, or a small star fighter during a part of the game.
 Sabretooth
01-07-2006, 11:21 PM
A drinking game would be a good one.

A drinking game? Interesting. Can you elaborate on that?
 RedHawke
01-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Every time you hear the word "echo" or "echoes" used in the game you have to drink a pint! :guiness:

:D
 Darth333
01-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Every time you hear the word "echo" or "echoes" used in the game you have to drink a pint! :guiness:

:D
Don't try that with TSL...it's suicide...

More varied card games would be cool.
 Darth Data
01-08-2006, 12:13 AM
RedHawke - what do you mean?

I think some more or varied mini-games are a good idea. I was actually thinking, what about a Swoop mim-game, except that it's a military model and you have to it through enemy forces to reach your objective? Could be fun.

As for a drinking game, I was playing Neverwinter Nights and had a drinking competition with one of the NPC's, it used Consititution to figure out if you could take your liqour or not. I won. :)
 RedHawke
01-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Don't try that with TSL...it's suicide...
Well... yeah! :xp:

After Nar Shadaa alone you should be seeing these... :elephant:
 Carthaholic
01-08-2006, 2:15 AM
- Swoop racing against other competitors would be awesome IMO. If the tracks could have curves, slopes and stuff that would be even nicer.
- Keep Pazaak, it's a fun game. I especially like the new cards. I played KotOR1 recently and I was like "OMG, where are the damn tiebreakers!? %@!#!!" Hehe...
- I don't like the turret mini-game all that much right now... If they could improve it a bit that would certainly help a bunch. Like they could make more ship types and not just those snub fighters again. Or have us shoot at asteroids to clear a path or something or, even better, have us navigate through an asteroid field, that would be crazy fun. There's a lot of stuff that could be done with this mini-game.
- Uhm, I'm sure it has a name but I simply have no clue as to what it is but the game that R2 and Chewy are playing in ANH that sorta looks like Chess could make a good mini-game, whatcha all think?
 Vladimir-Vlada
01-08-2006, 5:21 AM
Well, there are several vatiants. The main basis is that you compete with other NPCs to earn money or respect. Now it can be sort of a test of abilities (Determined by constitution, dexterity and so) or it can be a game where you have to press some buttons in the correct order to drink the drink immediatley; or both combined (even better). It can also be a Side Quest specific mini game.

I remember a quest in Nevewinter Nights like Darth Data mentioned (OOC: What the hell? Banned after first post?). To find out a specific main quest information you had to compete with him in a drinking contest, by drinking the drinks he wants.

- Uhm, I'm sure it has a name but I simply have no clue as to what it is but the game that R2 and Chewy are playing in ANH that sorta looks like Chess could make a good mini-game, whatcha all think?
Dejarik, yes. Good idea.
 Aurora Merlow
01-08-2006, 9:42 AM
Swoop racing against others sounds good. Although it may be too hard to do, but still a good idea. Also i wouldn't mind having to navigate through an asteroid field with the hawk or whatever ship we get.
 Prime
01-08-2006, 9:02 PM
I'd like to have some sort of piloting mini-game. Perhaps a speeder chase...
 Jeff
01-08-2006, 9:15 PM
I hope they keep all the minigames they already have the same, and then I like Prime's idea of a piloting minigame, sounds pretty neat :)
 Sabretooth
01-09-2006, 7:56 AM
I hope they keep all the minigames they already have the same, and then I like Prime's idea of a piloting minigame, sounds pretty neat :)

Yeah, that one's pretty cool. They can prolly make it as a spin-off from the old swoop racer game...
 Jeremia Skywalk
01-09-2006, 8:47 AM
I would like real men space battles from kotor1 back, but well... i gues i can keep hoping.
 Prime
01-09-2006, 10:34 AM
I would like real men space battles from kotor1 back, but well... i gues i can keep hoping.Yeah, I like the turret game.
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-09-2006, 2:22 PM
Pazaak is a must. No question.

Swoop racing is definately a must. (against enemies is a nice twist).

Turret fighting on the Hawk was OK, but I'd like to see a wrinkle in those sequences. Perhaps a capital ship or different enemy fighters or something. It was just too easy.

There actually should be more "duel ring" type situations, like on Taris in Kotor and the Mandalorian camp on Duxn in TSL. Perhaps even one per planet. It doesn't have to be mandatory for the story, but there should be more 'sides'.

Maybe there could be some kind of blaster shooting range. You know, testing your skill against other pistoliers. Mandalorians, bounty hunters, or marksmen with large egos...

Wouldn't mind piloting a ship at all. Not sure how that would fit in with this game, but, I'd like to try. Do you mean piloting or actually dogfighting?
Hmmmmm, interesting.
 JediMaster12
01-09-2006, 6:39 PM
Pazzak... yes!
Swoop Racing...yes!
Turret fighting...a keeper!
dejarik...put in
ride a bantha..fun to see

Any questions?
Page: 1 of 1