Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

To the Modders: EAWEd?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lew
12-29-2005, 7:21 PM
I've seen a lot of posts for the start of projects for a game that hasn't been released yet..... :moped:

Myself, I'd only post "news" about a mod when it's done, because (like all mods for all games), not all of them will see the light of day (glow of monitor? lol)

Anyway...

I see lots of plans for mods from different areas, and they look interesting and such. However, I haven't seen a team assemble to create a basic editor for the game. Keep in mind- Petro has said that the game will be accessable (you can get at the info, like in RTW or any number of games), but it will not come with an editor!

So, how about a team to make a basic editor for EAW? Think the good old TIEed and XvTEd (I got a LOT of miles on XvTEd, some good missions too!), or even RebEd for the Rebellion folks- just a simple program that would let people easily play with the unit values if they so choose.
 Juggernaut1985
12-29-2005, 7:51 PM
Or you could use notepad, same thing really. But the XMLs are not as easy to get to as you might believe, they will be under another filetype like the INIs were under a .BIG in Generals.
 Stalkerh
12-30-2005, 5:59 AM
It could be ridiculously easy like Star Trek: Armada, or more like XWA... where you have to go into an EXE to do stat editing.

I'm leaning more towards the Armada end of things, but that's just because this is an RTS.
 CondorFalco
12-30-2005, 11:21 AM
Even if the game does not come with an editor, I am hoping that since many of the Petro team are ex-C&C, that editing will be very easy to do (like in Generals, RA2), and therefore making editors shouldn't be too hard (I don't know anything though about programing/creating editors though, so what I'm saying could just be stupid). RA2 editing and Generals editing were easy once you got beyond the MIX or BIG files (which was quite easy I think, judging on the speed that a BIG extractor/packer came out).
 Xyvik
12-31-2005, 1:27 AM
The truth is that, regardless of game platform, my mod will live on. If I have to switch it to Supreme Commander, Age of Empires 3, or any number of new RTS games that come out that can actually be edited, then so be it.

I'd much prefer to do it here, but if LucasArts turns gay and decides against it, then I shall take my business elsewhere. The Sith War shall always live on!
Page: 1 of 1