Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Two Questions

Page: 1 of 1
 Renegade Puma
12-27-2005, 8:54 AM
Okay this is my first thread I have ever started and only my 3rd post ever. So please don't flame me if these two questions have already been brought up. I haven't had the time to search through the whole site to see if they have been.

1. Would it be possible to start a petition and then send it to Lucas arts, asking them to make Kotor III.

2. Am I the only one who would love for KOTOR III to be Multiplayer Co-op. Like say the 2, 3, and 4th players would contoll the players in your party, but not your Main PC. And you wouldn't be confined to 1 screen. It would be only available online, through xbox live or Pc. And much like Halo and Halo 2, you and your co-op buddy could go anywhere you want without having to stick right by the other. I would love this so much! I think it would add a lot of value to the game. I believe the 360 could handle running this, even having one player pause his to level up, or equip stuff, while the other player can still keep going. What do you think?
 ChAiNz.2da
12-27-2005, 9:07 AM
1. Would it be possible to start a petition and then send it to Lucas arts, asking them to make Kotor III.
Online Petitions have about as much mileage to developers as a paper airplane ;)

While they're OK for some things, games & developers alike usually will hire a control group IF they're interested in anyone's opinion in the first place.

By all means don't take this as a "Don't Bother".. you have every much right to start one as anybody, but the "realist" in me tells me to give you a fair warning that a petition will more than likely fall on deaf ears...

Besides, there's no confirmation that KotOR III isn't being made, so keep your ears open and your fingers crossed :)

2. Am I the only one who would love for KOTOR III to be Multiplayer Co-op. Like say the 2, 3, and 4th players would contoll the players in your party, but not your Main PC. And you wouldn't be confined to 1 screen. It would be only available online, through xbox live or Pc. And much like Halo and Halo 2, you and your co-op buddy could go anywhere you want without having to stick right by the other. I would love this so much! I think it would add a lot of value to the game. I believe the 360 could handle running this, even having one player pause his to level up, or equip stuff, while the other player can still keep going. What do you think?
While there are numerous opinions about multi-player in KotOR III.. they're also numerous threads ;)

Rather than this thread being tossed (and lost) in the mix, here's a link to the latest idea about it. Feel free to contribute to it there :D

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157371)

And Welcome to the Forums! :waive1:
 Nedak
12-28-2005, 3:53 PM
Online Petitions have about as much mileage to developers as a paper airplane ;)

Ha paper airplane, sad but true. Isnt there some way to get real signatures on a pitition if its online?
 John Skywalker
12-28-2005, 7:46 PM
if you want a star wars multiplayer you've described try star wars galaxies or better yet play battlefront 2 online.
 The Doctor
12-28-2005, 9:00 PM
Ha paper airplane, sad but true. Isnt there some way to get real signatures on a pitition if its online?

Probably, but there's no point. Online petitions are, like ChAiNz said, meaningless.
 ImperatorCaesar
12-29-2005, 10:27 AM
if you want a star wars multiplayer you've described try star wars galaxies or better yet play battlefront 2 online.
But none of those games are nearly as good as KOTOR. I would like to see a multiplayer co-op as well. I would invision it as parting with a couple other players and then going out into the world to do side quests. The story should be reserved for the single player game. What you could do is have a single player character and then, when you want to go online with some friends connect and do some side quests like dueling arena,
 JediMaster12
01-05-2006, 3:39 PM
Am I the only one who would love for KOTOR III to be Multiplayer Co-op. Like say the 2, 3, and 4th players would contoll the players in your party, but not your Main PC. And you wouldn't be confined to 1 screen. It would be only available online, through xbox live or Pc. And much like Halo and Halo 2, you and your co-op buddy could go anywhere you want without having to stick right by the other. I would love this so much! I think it would add a lot of value to the game. I believe the 360 could handle running this, even having one player pause his to level up, or equip stuff, while the other player can still keep going. What do you think?

You and maybe one or two others but most of us like the RPG. If you want to play multiplayer, play Battlefront II or better yet, play Star Wars with Legoes. That would be good for you.
 Darth InSidious
01-05-2006, 4:55 PM
Come to think of it, most petitions have about the same force. *Looks sadly back at TrekUnited, and the Save Doctor Who campaigns*
 Dark$eth
01-18-2006, 7:33 PM
But none of those games are nearly as good as KOTOR. I would like to see a multiplayer co-op as well. I would invision it as parting with a couple other players and then going out into the world to do side quests. The story should be reserved for the single player game. What you could do is have a single player character and then, when you want to go online with some friends connect and do some side quests like dueling arena,

I totally agree. I am so prejudiced (I think that's how to spell it) against Battlefrint and nothing can change my opinion. There should also be an entire story for co-op like in halo 2, not just side quests.

"Hey Matt!" "Hi Eric!" "Let's go save the Jedi princess in KotOR3!"
"What an awesome idea! Let's go!" "Ok!"

That's what would happen with KotOR3 if co-op was side-quest only and that makes me sad :(
 JediMaster12
01-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Come to think of it, most petitions have about the same force. *Looks sadly back at TrekUnited, and the Save Doctor Who campaigns*

You must have been part of those campaigns. ;) It must have been hard putting all your energy into it only to have it smashed flat. Release your anger, it makes you strong.

Ahh!! What am I saying?! Must stop.

*collapses*

Any ways, I think that to start an online petition would be a waste of effort considering if K3 is being made, they wouldn't tell us anyway until they see fit to release it.
 Sabretooth
01-19-2006, 11:30 AM
1. Petitions = Ways to make a laughing stock out of yourself.
2. Multiplayer Co-op = Fine, as long as they don't sacrfice the SP Gameplay for that.
Page: 1 of 1