Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi gone bounty hunter

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Viggo
12-10-2005, 9:00 PM
I would love to see more storyline of bounty hunters in KOTOR3. Either as the main character or at least a member of the party.

Storyline could go something like the republic seeks out an ex-Jedi who has become the one of the top bounty hunters in the galaxy.....game play would require the stealth and security skills more often and maybe introduce a new steal skill....

Anybody else have ideas about how bounty hunters could be used in the next series?
 Venom750
12-10-2005, 9:13 PM
I like to see some more of the Genhondran (not sure on the spelling) the ones from the first KOTOR because there missions were such fun and you had to do it on your own which was good

P.S Welocome to the forum:)
 The Doctor
12-10-2005, 10:54 PM
More of the Genoharadan would be cool, and maybe there could be more bounties like there were on Taris in KotOR.
 Darth Viggo
12-10-2005, 11:02 PM
I'm not remembering something, what were the Genoharadan? (Maybe it's been too long since I place KotOR I)
 The Doctor
12-10-2005, 11:35 PM
They were a secret organization of Bounty Hunters who were only known to the socially elite (ie important senators/military fugures, etc.). One of the leaders, Hulas, recruits you to join them, only to have you unknowingly kill the other leaders, giving him full control over the organization. You are recruited after killing Calo Nord.
 OoMandaloreoO
12-11-2005, 2:25 AM
hay no one welcomed mandalore
 Venom750
12-11-2005, 9:18 AM
Okay then Welcome OoMandaloreoO more bountys like taris would be good also more duel ring
 The Doctor
12-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Yes, the duel ring was fun. It was in the other two, and it should be in the thirs game as well.
 Darth Viggo
12-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Definately!!! Even throwing in a Gladiator type story with a group of people going into the duel rings or more than just 1 vs 1, have like 10 guys in there and have a last man standing contest. I enjoyed the duel ring competition in KotOR I better than all the bike swooping.
 JediMaster12
12-12-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure of an ex-Jedi turned bounty hunter but to have one in your party, that would be cool. It could get you into the places you couldn't get before like the underground societies. Another note, wasn't Mira a bounty hunter in TSL?
 RobQel-Droma
12-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Yes, Mira was a bounty hunter.

As far as duel ring, I would love to see that. Maybe as a main quest, you have to fight in a duel ring on a planet to survive, like in Episode II.

As far as the bounty hunter hybrid Jedi thing: sense someone who likes bounty hunters, I do :yoda: :D. It is a ok idea, I'm not too fond of it. I don't think that that should be the storyline, I think it should just be a gameplay choice whether you want to be that kind of person or not.

I'd just rather have some of the GenoHaradan and maybe a bounty hunter in your party.
 Cygnus Q'ol
12-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Because of Admiral Piett's remarks on the bridge of the 'Executor' in EMPIRE, most people still regard bounty hunters as 'scum'.

Maybe not the most noble profession in the galaxy, but, nonetheless a very important one. Whether it's a ruthless quest for credits or the removal of wanted criminals, someone's got to take out the trash.

That being said, this particular game is called 'Knights of the Old Republic'.
This game is centered around force users, Jedi/Sith alike. So the focus should be there. I enjoyed the bounty hunting sub-quests and duel ring, and should they create a bounty hunter RPG, I'm there. But, for this game, It's all about the Jedi.

I'm not turned off by the idea of one of your party being a hunter though.
 lukeiamyourdad
12-14-2005, 1:21 PM
Piett comment comes from a high ranking military officers who sees his job taken by a low rate bounty hunter. His opinions are greatly biased, but I think you're right about them being considered as scum.

A sidequest or party member would be fun, but starting of as a bounty hunter isn't so great. You'd have to basically be a scout, since scouts are essentially bounty hunters (Hanharr and Mira are scouts).

It would limit the starting classes too much.
 Cygnus Q'ol
12-15-2005, 9:44 AM
Piett comment comes from a high ranking military officers who sees his job taken by a low rate bounty hunter. His opinions are greatly biased, but I think you're right about them being considered as scum.

A sidequest or party member would be fun, but starting of as a bounty hunter isn't so great. You'd have to basically be a scout, since scouts are essentially bounty hunters (Hanharr and Mira are scouts).

I whole-heartedly agree.

However, I wouldn't label Fett as low rate.
With a near 100% success rate, most in the galaxy know of him and fear him.

...and rightly so.
 lukeiamyourdad
12-15-2005, 2:48 PM
However, I wouldn't label Fett as low rate.

Yeah, but compared to the Imperial war machine, it's debatable :)
 Prime
12-15-2005, 8:57 PM
I'd rather bounty hunters remain NPC characters in the KOTOR series...
 JediMaster12
12-16-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm with you on that one
 Darth Windu
12-16-2005, 9:02 PM
I like the idea of Bounty Hunter's, not not a Jedi/Bounty Hunter hybrid. This is one of the reason's I came up with my 'non-Jedi Prestige Class' idea which would mean you could upgrade your party members from

Soldier --> Peacekeeper (LS) / Mercenary (DS)
Scout --> Commando (LS) / Bounty Hunter (DS)
Scoundrel --> Smuggler (LS) / Slaver (DS)
 Jae Onasi
12-16-2005, 10:04 PM

Could be Piett thought that, could be he also found it quite distasteful to deal with Fett and other bounty hunters who would just as soon turn and shoot him in the back if someone gave them a higher bounty. Could be Piett also was worried that if Fett found them, he'd be next in line for a Force Choke.

I think a bounty hunter sidequest could be fun, too.
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 9:29 PM
I guess a bounty hunter sidequest wouldnt be bad to have.
Page: 1 of 1