Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who is the worst Sith Lords?

Page: 1 of 1
 PoiuyWired
12-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Please give me your opinions.
 Astrotoy7
12-08-2005, 7:59 AM
no such things ! sith lords are cool. I probably like Tyranus least, he seems like a tottory old man more thananything else - but of course Sidious wasnt using him for his warrior skillz, moreso for creating the separatist movement and setting the political scene that enabled the creation of the clone army.

mtfbwya
 DarthSion101
12-08-2005, 1:18 PM
Worts Sith Lord is by far Darth Vader, he turns on his master and surrenders himself to weakness? For what? The love of his son, what a fool.
 Kurgan
12-08-2005, 2:39 PM
Darth Darth Binks.
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-08-2005, 3:06 PM
Darth Darth Binks.

I second that.
 MachineCult
12-08-2005, 3:48 PM
Dooku, Palpatine went from Darth Maul to an 80 year old man!?
 primalunderdog
12-09-2005, 9:35 PM
Dooku was with out a dout the worst one ever.Yoda would be the best sith lord.LOL
 RobQel-Droma
12-10-2005, 2:43 PM
Probably Malak or Tyranus.
 Soogz
12-10-2005, 3:25 PM
Tyranus
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-10-2005, 3:48 PM
Dooku, Palpatine went from Darth Maul to an 80 year old man!?

But, and 80 year old man that is extremely powerful with the force and was once a former jedi. That's what makes him so powerful.
 Soogz
12-10-2005, 4:41 PM
True, but he is still 80 years old. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
 Darth_Terros
12-11-2005, 12:26 PM
True, but he is still 80 years old. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Damn right there's nothing wrong with it! the Force doesnt care about age! take a look at Yoda.
 PoiuyWired
12-12-2005, 2:42 PM
Actually we don't know... Yoda may be more powerful 50-100 years ago. For woest Sith Lord I would think its either:

1) Tyranus: He hardly does anything great. Basically he is only the lap dog of his master, and a weak one at that... least he should try to foil his Master's plan when he knows he is tricked by the god old senator.

2) Vader: Obviously he gave up his life out of weakness. If he were to, say, kill the Emperor and further his power... I mean, if he sease fighting Luke, and gank the the Emperor, or try to at least, he may be cool by sith standard. But he is weak...
 MachineCult
12-13-2005, 5:53 PM
But, and 80 year old man that is extremely powerful with the force and was once a former jedi. That's what makes him so powerful.

Palpatine loathed having him as an apprentice, see his face in ROTS when he's watching him fight Anakin and Obi, a look of discust.
He only made him his apprentice because he had a really nice estate on some planet.
 Darth_Extas
12-15-2005, 10:50 AM
I would as well say Darth Darth Binks
 Maphisto86
01-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Palpatine loathed having him as an apprentice, see his face in ROTS when he's watching him fight Anakin and Obi, a look of discust.
He only made him his apprentice because he had a really nice estate on some planet.

I TOTALLY disagree with all your Dooku bashing. He was a cool Sith Lord.... Dooku was powerful and despite "old age" this is the STAR WARS galaxy. I guy like Dooku doesen't need charotol! :lol: :yoda3 Worst Sith Lord.... hmmmmm... hard to say. If I had to choose I would say Darth Kaan (In my opinion all Sith Lord's should be Darth) from the Jedi v.s. Sith comic series. He was the top Sith Lord during the third and last Sith War before they where defeated at Ruusan.

He was powerful but nevertheless a fool.... a cruel, petty warrior who named the other Sith Master's "Dark Lord" simply to appease them. A REAL Dark Lord of the Sith like Sidious, Vader, Exar Kun, Bane, etc would not take their whining and simply eliminate the one's who's loyalty wavers. So yeah... Lord (Darth) Kaan was thee worst Sith Lord of all time.
 MachineCult
01-12-2006, 6:38 AM
I TOTALLY disagree with all your Dooku bashing.

You say that but you didn't mention anything I said in my post. My point was that in ROTS Palpatine wanted a new apprentice, you can see clearly Palpatine looking in discust at Dooku when he is fighting Anakin, and moments later he ordered the Jedi to kill his apprentice.
 Prime
01-12-2006, 1:38 PM
I liked Dooku a lot...
 MachineCult
01-12-2006, 1:55 PM
So did I, I wasn't bashing him I was just saying that Palpatine didn't like him!!!?!?!<!>!
 Commander Obi-Wan
01-12-2006, 1:58 PM
I don't really like Lord Sidious, despite him being one of the greatest sith lords, and I don't really care of Darth Bane either. I don't like EU for one reason. Darth Maul, and Darth Tyrannus and Darth Vader are the only Sith lords I really liked.
 Maphisto86
01-15-2006, 11:34 PM
So did I, I wasn't bashing him I was just saying that Palpatine didn't like him!!!?!?!<!>!

Sorry I was tired and more than a bit drunk.... yeah....

Anywho nah I believe that Dooku was set up to take the fall in EpIII. Yet for an eighty something former Jedi.... he could take on two young Jedi knights of great skill with a one bladed lightsaber! That totally made me smile when I first saw Episode III.... if ONLY the fight was a little longer. He got snuffed way too easily.... Grievious got more screentime.... :yodac:

P.S. Im not trying to get off-topic but I gotta ask...what kind of a name is "General Grievous".... like I can understand a Sith Lord being called "Grievous" but a Kaleesh(alien), cyborg general? Lucas was tired when he made that decision. :chop1:
 jomaster
01-22-2006, 4:45 PM
on the subject of yoda being a good sith lord read "dark rendezvous" he practically begs dooku to turn him and make him a sith (whether it was a ployby yoda or if he was serious.......wel i gues ur gonna have to read and find out aren't ya)
 onurhic
01-25-2006, 5:51 AM
Sidious is one of the worst Sith ever. If he hadn't got force lightning power, he would not be match for Yoda or Windu. They could use their lightsabers to block lightning. Otherwise he hadn't got many lightsaber skill. And If Anakin didn't have to use his black armour, robotic legs and arms and the breathing system, if he was a human sith, he would be much more powerful. But even he is a machine, he is still much too powerful.
 MachineCult
01-25-2006, 9:47 AM
Sidious is one of the best Sith ever.
He was the only Sith to ever successfully take over the Republic and created a Sith Empire that ruled the galaxy, that is what matters, not your stupid petty argument.

The fact that he wasn't a match for Mace or Yoda doesn't come into it, the thread isn't worst swordsman, Sidious killed three Jedi Masters in a matter of seconds, and Mace and Yoda were probably the most formidable Jedi in the order. The fact that he didn't die straight away shows that he defiantely has skill with a lightsaber.
and your comment on Vader has nothing to do with anything.
 Maphisto86
01-28-2006, 3:24 AM
P.S. Im not trying to get off-topic but I gotta ask...what kind of a name is "General Grievous".... like I can understand a Sith Lord being called "Grievous" but a Kaleesh(alien), cyborg general? Lucas was tired when he made that decision. :chop1:

I know off-topic but apparentley General Grievous's real name is revealed: http://www.starwars.com/community/fanclub/mag/news20060125.html)

Makes me like the character A LOT more.

Oh and Sidious is thee best Sith... with Revan second, Vader third, Tyranus, Maul, Malak, etc, etc....
 lord ignarn
01-28-2006, 5:51 AM
I must agree with machine cult, Sidous even managed to survive the destruction of Death Star II, make clones of himself, try to frive Luke to the dark side... He might not show his power like an arrogant guy, but he is really smart. Think in how he was able to develop all his plans just in front of the jedi and the whole galaxy. He is the best sith since the remodelation of the sith order!!
 MachineCult
01-28-2006, 7:45 AM
Darth Sidious was the only Sith ever to achieve the ultimate goal of the Order of the Sith, to rule the galaxy as the leader of the Sith empire, and he destroyed the Jedi Order.
 Maphisto86
01-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Im also an advocate of the idea that Palpatine threw the duel with Windu because he sensed Anakin coming and wanted Anakin to believe the Jedi where as corrupt and arrogant as he said they where. I find it odd however that Anakin went so far at that point.

It was perhaps one of few disappointments I had with Episode III. I thought he needed a little more of a push into the dark side because he was very loyal to the Jedi not to mention he considered many of them friends. Anakin's fall derserved more depth... like the Jedi betrays him first i.e. he deuls Mace like in the video game where Mace Windu calls him a traitor and a failiure to the Jedi Order. Or they find out about his marriage to Padme and while Obi-Wan is gone ban him from the order... reluctantley but swiftly. That would give Anakin's reasons to slaughter the Jedi more logical. Then again Star Wars isin't logical. OFF TOPIC!!!! :toilet1: SORRY.

On topic... I still think most of the Sith Lords are worthy of their titles though EU character Lord Kaan was definitley thee worst. He and the Sith Lords under him (minus Darth Bane) where hypocrites. Kaan is definitley thee worst Dark Lord of the Sith.
 MachineCult
01-30-2006, 7:43 AM
I've never heard of Kaan what did he do?
 Darth_Terros
01-30-2006, 7:51 AM
He was the leader or the Brotherhood of darkness.
Tried poisoning bane and was later killed in the battle of ruusan.
 Justus
01-31-2006, 10:26 AM
Exar Kun would get my vote.
 Darth_Terros
01-31-2006, 11:37 AM

Um why?
 lord ignarn
01-31-2006, 2:27 PM
I think that Kaan is not so bad, he is a needed pain. I mean, the Brotherhood of Darkness and itґs corrupution was what made Darth Bane redefine the order to the rule of a master and an apprentice. The only mistake he makes is being so stupid to think he can kill Darth Bane, nothing more.
 MachineCult
01-31-2006, 4:34 PM
Yeah, why? Exar Kun was pretty great, he created the double-bladed lightsaber.
 onurhic
02-01-2006, 2:40 AM
Allright but everybody may have an idea right? You don't have to agree with mine, i answer the question of this thread myself. My comment about Vader was sent to an arguement top of this page. And this thread is not about the best emperor, best commander etc. If you are considering about the sithlords you also have to consider about his force powers, and lightsaber skills. He could have crippled the republic but?! If Vader didn't exist what he could have done? And the clones?! He was the smartest sith of all time i can't deny that. He killed 3 masters in a row becaus it had to be this way, because of planning episodes. Then why one of the jedi masters had turned his back to Sidious when the battle began? Because they had to die, there was not a quit to make the story go on. Then Anakin came and cut Windu's hand while Sidious had lost the battle. A sithlord at least would win the battle himself or die. A sithlord shouldn't wait for his apprentice to come and win it.That's what i think, not yours MachineCult.
 MachineCult
02-01-2006, 8:38 AM
You didn't make much sense, and you left it a bit late to argue about something I posted a week ago.
The Sith are deceitful, and they lie, Palpatine waited for Anakin to kill Mace because it would complete his turn to the dark side.
The Sith are "An ancient order of Force-practitioners devoted to the dark side and determined to destroy the Jedi..." To destroy the Jedi Order is the ultimate goal of the Sith Order, and Palpatine achieved this in the most spectacular way, he is the best Sith Lord.
I know this thread isn't about best emporer/commander, it's worst Sith Lord. Darth Sidious is in no way the worst Sith Lord.

Your posts fail.
 Astrotoy7
02-01-2006, 8:47 AM
...Your posts fail...

MC, such comments are not necessary. Casually discussing such a topic is one thing, arguing about it is just ridiculous.

Everyone expressed their opinion, but being judged for whatever they express is wrong.

as much as I love EU, such arguments are way too geeky IMO.

Im closing this to save you all from any further embrassment ;)

mtfbwya
Page: 1 of 1