Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Beauty of Episode III

Page: 1 of 1
 popcorn2008
11-29-2005, 8:29 PM
Well today I was re-watching Episode III for the uncountable time, and I noticed the most smallest and beautiful details. In the Jedi purge scenes, specifically the one on the planet Fulucia (the strange tropical planet, I believe its spelled similar to that) with the girl jedi. When the stormies prepair to attack her, she doesnt even notice! She looks at where they point there guns, thinking that there is a threat there. Whew, I have to say that is a nice touch!

Also anouther moment that still gets me is the Emperor and Yoda duel in the senate chamber. It is just amazing when they enter the senate chambers, and when the Emperor hurls the senate seats at Yoda.

So now that I have shared, what were the momments that got to you in episode III? Were there any smaller details you have noticed in re-watching the movie on DVD?
 Darth Andrew
11-29-2005, 8:49 PM
I liked it when Anakin blows up the hanger shield generator on the Invisible Hand, you can see a few battle droids getting sucked into the vaccum of space when the shield is gone.
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-01-2005, 9:17 PM
Well, it isn't exactly small, but nonetheless, I found the battle scenes on Utapau and above Coruscant looked fantastic. I also think the duels with Yoda vs Darth Sidious and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader were will put together. Like how Yoda and Darth Sidioud gradually move into the Senate Chambers.
 90SK
12-02-2005, 4:42 PM
I loved the entire Mace vs. Palp duel. By far my favorite from the netire SW series. Especially when they work their way into the window. The way palpy sort of scrambles away when he gets his saber kicked away (heightened by the great music) is superbly well put-together.

In fact, that entire sequence, starting with Anakin staring out the window, and ending with him saying "what have I done?" was just great. I'd watch that one scene alone over and over again.
 StealthWar42
12-03-2005, 4:14 PM
I liked how when Obi-wan was looking at the security holo thing that anakin was physically choking a little kid... while simultaneously fighting another little kid in a lightsaber duel.
 Stival Discipal
12-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I loved the end of the Darth Vader vs Obi-wan duel... When Ben tells him don't do it, and Anakin, blinded by his rage, actually believes he can jump higher then a elevated lightsaber blade.
 Astrotoy7
12-26-2005, 9:07 AM
I love the opening sequence .... it starts off gently, as you follow the jedi starfighters around the republic destroyer and then you are hurled into the most awesome space battle ever created in the history of film... it was true "whoa!" moment, the first ive had in a movie in a very long time............

mtfbwya
 T10
12-26-2005, 9:31 PM
The opening battle is virtually a film in it's own. There's so much extra to see in it, the turrets turning on that first venator, the two ships going at each other on the left while the Jedi dive, the shield's being seen to take damage on the big ships, (for the first time in a SW film ever, remember the torpedo in EP1, that just exploded with nothing effected?), the entire f***ing thing has at least 3 things to concentrate on at any given time!
 90SK
12-26-2005, 10:46 PM
^ I'd have to agree with that. I thought they could have elaborated a little bit on the battle, rather than following Anakin and Obi-Wan. Sort of like RotJ.

It was pretty amazing, visually.
 Astrotoy7
12-28-2005, 9:23 AM
True indeed. The CG animators have put quirky little things and cool details into that sequence...including a kitchen sink !

there is some further explanation in a sw.com article
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/f20050526/index.html)

It took me a while to spot it but somewhere in the background you can see that a republic destroyer that has docked with an trade federation vessel, which was put in a little nod to the start of ANH

mtfbwya
 T10
12-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Where abouts is that docking (in relation to who's in the shot, what they're doing and where abouts it is in the screen, say like, for the shield effect, VSD and CIS ship, CIS ship just split CIS ship in half with turbolaser, just past the VSD)?
 Darth Andrew
12-28-2005, 11:07 AM
The docking is when two ships are smashing into each other; it's the same part when the missiles are about to release buzz droids. Look for the Trade Federation control ship towards the bottom.
 Xtreme Muppet
01-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Well considering I only watched episode III for the 3rd time yesterday... (Before you say anything, I've watched the OT at least 100 times) But I had always thought that Anakin's pledge of his loyalties to Palpatine was a little rushed and weak. On this time through however, I noticed something else. Palpatine has already told Anakin that he is the Sith lord and made it obvious that he wanted him on his side, and given how long he was alone to think about it in the council chambers (notice the dusk to night change) that he had probably already made his choice and adding that to the fact he just helped kill a Jedi master he really didn't have much choice anyway. Call me a complete n00b for just picking up on this but that was something that made the movie better for me when I realized it.
Page: 1 of 1