Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

*Infiltrating Petro's top-secret files*

Page: 1 of 1
 Athanasios
11-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Well, the point of this thread is to gather information that can be concluded from the new small videos loaded in the new official LEC site. Obviously, the features shown have great possibility to exist when EaW gold comes out, yet, they are not confirmed.........but i think Petro underestimated our spy-abilities and made the mistake to create such a site with so many "hidden" infos :shads3:

Please, post the video where you saw the feature (anything it may be) with the feature shortly described. I repeat that we'll list infos only from these small videos, not from every trailer released (to avoid a dublicated thread).

So, to start with:

The elements - snow:

1. Two main buildings seen, one in the beginning, one in the end.
2. Two opened (ready to fire) torpedoe launchers are seen in the middle.
3. Possible effect of snow: low line of site, slower aircraft speed, camouflage (mentioned in description, but how?)

The elements - tornado:

1. We see 3 banthas :).
2. Tornado creates much sand in the air.
3. Possible effect of tornado: low line of site, damaging low-weight vehicles/troops, disabling radar and communications (mentioned but how?)
 shadowsfm
11-29-2005, 1:28 PM
anyone notice, in the troop video, the imp artilary had lazer guns on the side to pertect itself?
 Athanasios
11-29-2005, 3:05 PM
anyone notice, in the troop video, the imp artilary had lazer guns on the side to pertect itself?

Where? In darth vader or plex soldiers.....i see nothing....
 shadowsfm
11-29-2005, 3:22 PM
found it, planets-shola

one secend before the end
 -=Nuke=-
11-29-2005, 4:45 PM
Maybe the Artillery is a Troop Transport too? looks like a whole for stormtroops inside
 shadowsfm
11-29-2005, 5:29 PM
makes you wounder if all vehicles and space cruisers can hold things
 starsfan00
11-29-2005, 10:19 PM
When the Corellian Corvette explodes at the end of it's film, bodies fly out of the ship. Doesn't really affect the gameplay, but it is amusing.
 Garbageben
11-29-2005, 10:22 PM
In the ISD vid. I saw that the Gravity Well Projectors on the Interdictor Cruiser are very likely hard points that can be targeted.
 DarthMaulUK
11-30-2005, 7:24 AM
The bodies flying out of the ships must have come from Episode III's opening battle. This is the first time we have ever seen that much detail in combat. The debris damage and people flying around.

I think its a great feature to have and sets it apart from normal RTS games and, makes it almost like the movie - brilliant stuff!

DMUK
 Athanasios
11-30-2005, 7:51 AM
Tie-mauler

1. Tie-Mauler has 3 lasers firing repeatedly one after the other.

2. Tie-Mauler's "wheels" (forgot the word :) ) are moving, also, the middle mauler is taking out black smoke from behind. Nice details and also, we do have diffrent animations that show a units condition! This is also seen by the shield gen nearby, which seems to have electrical leeking after some hits.

3. Troops shows in this video (also for plex troops) take some time to load their guns (in other words, they don't stand still until they fire again - nice graphic) and also, when a troop is hit it suspends his attack.

4. The troops entering the shield look that they're walking, not running; also, they crouch to fire............so, we might have different modes for troop movement, walk - run - crouch - lay down ???

5. Really nice graphic work made when units insert a shielded filed.

[edit] About the bodies when the corellian is destroyed...aren't they a bit "huge" in comparison to the corellian itself? One troop is at the size of the engine...someone fix this :smash:
 El Sitherino
11-30-2005, 10:00 AM
Doesn't really affect the gameplay
Well, in a sense, it does effect gameplay. But on a psychological level.

Depending on how you react to seeing your guys fly out into space, it'll effect your gameplaying, at least somewhat.
[/crazy guy rambling]
 Admiral Sith
11-30-2005, 4:26 PM
When the Corellian Corvette explodes at the end of it's film, bodies fly out of the ship. Doesn't really affect the gameplay, but it is amusing.

Crew not Troops
 Jmaster3265
11-30-2005, 4:26 PM
The bodies flying out of the ships must have come from Episode III's opening battle. This is the first time we have ever seen that much detail in combat. The debris damage and people flying around.

I think its a great feature to have and sets it apart from normal RTS games and, makes it almost like the movie - brilliant stuff!

DMUK

I didn't notice bodies fall out, maybe i mistook it for debry it went too fast. Also which movie showed bodies coming out of ships when exploded? E3? I don't remember that....
 Athanasios
11-30-2005, 4:36 PM
I didn't notice bodies fall out, maybe i mistook it for debry it went too fast. Also which movie showed bodies coming out of ships when exploded? E3? I don't remember that....

The fleets --> Corellian Corvete

They for too fast though, indeed.
 -=Nuke=-
11-30-2005, 7:08 PM
In the ISD vid. I saw that the Gravity Well Projectors on the Interdictor Cruiser are very likely hard points that can be targeted.

Thats correct! Direct at the beginning of the Clip with the Stardestroyer One of the Officers Voice Reports said:"Gravity Well Projector destroyed" so you could as a Rebel retreat by just sending a group of fighters to destroy the one Hardpoint and not destroy the whole ship. Nice Option.
 shadowsfm
11-30-2005, 7:24 PM
the thing about retreating is, all saviving units of both sides get a full heal. so its only a temperary advantage
 Admiral Sith
12-01-2005, 5:27 PM
I wonder if you will be able to choose where you retreat to
 darthfergie
12-01-2005, 6:24 PM
the thing about retreating is, all saviving units of both sides get a full heal. so its only a temperary advantage

But it also allows you to gather your forces.
If you retreat from a battle you can gather to your position other fleets while keeping the surviving fleet and then renew the attack with a proper attack force so your ships arn't needlessly wasted like they would have been if you hadn't retreated. Or strengthen your defences to brace for the impact the larger fleet will have and possibly find counters to the newly scouted enemy fleet.
Retreating is probably the most underestimated tactic in RTSes.
 lukeiamyourdad
12-01-2005, 9:26 PM

The cause is very simple. Many MP players play on custom-made ressource heavy maps. On those maps, you simply don't give a damn about your units, since the ressources are overflowing and you can always easily mass another army in a matter of minutes.

In real strategy games though or simply those same RTS but played like they should be played, retreating is a valuable tactic.
 JediKnight707
12-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I like it that on the Corellian Corvete and the Imperial Star Destoryer you lose lasers, then torpedoes, so that if you have one health, your still not shooting. I also like how ships crash int each other.
 Athanasios
12-02-2005, 6:00 AM
Originally Posted by darthfergie

Tactical retreat yes, not a bunch of units running to hyperspace and then waste 1 day gathering them (if they don't fall on other enemy fleets nearby).

Tactical retreat mainly conist of a group of units covering the mass forces who are mainly to be saved. The best is if this cover units (rear-guard in military) can also be saved, by changing them in turns with other full-healed units. Also, bombardment and artillery fire from the rear lines to the front can also save the rear-guard from a lot of work.
Page: 1 of 1