Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Should I buy this game?

Page: 1 of 1
 JediConsularAD
11-11-2005, 7:54 PM
I have battlefront 1 for pc and ps2 and still play them a lot, though i spend most time on galaxies. However i would appreciate it if someone could post me its minimum spceification for the pc and whether its worth buying.

Also i heard about hunt mode, what is that like. I cant find info on it?
 RaV™
11-11-2005, 8:01 PM
Most Definately you should, and hunt mode is where you hunt creatures that inhabit a planet in a time limit, and if the time runs out without you being able to hunt down every creature you lose, but if you do hunt them all down before the time runs out you win, and sorry I can't help you out with the pc version I only own console.
 Darth Andrew
11-11-2005, 8:05 PM
If you liked the first Battlefront, then you will really enjoy this game. The ground combat feels generally the same, which can be both a good and bad thing. Hunt mode is basically, a hunt. There aren't a ton of units on the maps, so it feels like predator hunting prey, though it depends on the map. You can play as one of the classes in the game (preselected) or you can play as a local side, such as gun-totin' jawas or rock chuckin' ewoks. Also, here are ratings for the game by fellow members: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=154456)
 JediConsularAD
11-11-2005, 8:15 PM
wow quick response thanks, also how do u put a pic in ur signiture, sorry i know its completely off-topic
 Alkonium
11-11-2005, 8:54 PM
I think it's the same, except it requires 1.5GHz instead of just one.
 Darth Andrew
11-11-2005, 9:50 PM
wow quick response thanks, also how do u put a pic in ur signiture, sorry i know its completely off-topicCreate an account at photobucket.com (http://photobucket.com/) (or any other image storage site), upload the picture that's saved on your computer to your account, then copy and paste onto your sig the item that looks like:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/DarthAndrew/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg)

In full, it would look something like [IMG]yourpicturehere[IMG] Hope that helps! :)
 deamonomic
11-11-2005, 10:03 PM
im going to try to rent the game tomorrow. and i want to buy it so im gonna refraim my self from beating it all in one day....
 RaV™
11-11-2005, 10:05 PM
I already have beaten everything..in one rent, but I still bought the game, because I enjoy it.
 deamonomic
11-11-2005, 10:06 PM
well my only dilema with buying the game if i beat it is that, with the xbox 360 comming out, i fear that buying this game for its online ability would be pointless.
 MachineCult
11-12-2005, 7:34 AM
What makes you think you can beat it in one day?
 JediConsularAD
11-12-2005, 8:08 AM
Well the first battlefront was completed in about 2/3 hours lol
 MachineCult
11-12-2005, 8:10 AM
Well this one won't.

Oh, and Rav didn't explain Hunt mode fully, you can play as the native creatures also, like Wampas hunting Rebels and Ewoks hunting Scout Troopers. Also, Mos Eisley is Jawas versus Tusken Raiders.
 zerted
11-12-2005, 8:51 AM
What makes you think you can beat it in one day?
This one is a lot longer than SWBF's campain, but I finished within 24 hours.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-12-2005, 11:23 AM
I took me 4 days to complete it, though I only played about 2 hours a day.
 deamonomic
11-12-2005, 2:20 PM
it is possible to beat a game in one day, i usualy beat a game within 24 horus of getting it.
 MachineCult
11-12-2005, 2:56 PM
That doesn't make you sound cool as you probably intended, deamonomic.
Seems like kind of a waste of money if you buy it and just play the whole thing in a day. I admit i didn't complete SWBF2 for about a week after getting it, but i have other stuff to do.
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 3:35 PM
Well as far as games go, it's clear that SWBF is primarily a multiplayer game. The SP campaign is extremely short.

I'm told that SWBF2's SP campaign is somewhat longer (and much harder due to the enemy having unlimited reinforcements and you most of the orders to give to your AI teammates being unavailable). I have only messed around with it, mostly preferring to play MP.

Yeah, if you don't have a problem spending $50 on a game you can beat in 24 hours, then no biggie. Otherwise wait for it to go down in price. ;)

Most of the time FPS games have less than 24 hours of gameplay in them, it's the obsessed players and kids with too much caffiene who can do it in ONE DAY because they play non-stop. ;) If you break up a 24 hour game into say, 2 hours a day, it'll take you 12 days to complete. So it also depends on how heavily you play...
 Pho3nix
11-13-2005, 10:10 AM
I dunno if i'll buy it, seems to be a disappointment. :/
 zerted
11-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Do you like SWBF? If you do, you will most likely like SWBF2. I keep complaining about little map glitches, but you don't notice them when you are focused on beating the enemy. You can always wait some more until the price comes down. Did you play the beta? Its just like that, except with more maps.
Page: 1 of 1