Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Planets in Kotor III

Page: 1 of 1
 Alkonium
11-10-2005, 7:14 AM
I'm just curious as to what planets people would want to visit in Kotor III. I for one would want to see Coruscant, Rhen Var, Alderaan and Mustafar.
 DarthSion101
11-10-2005, 8:22 AM
I would like to see Coruscant, Ziost, Thule, Corellia, Niemoidia, Ord Mantell, Yavin IV Kun's temple.
 Prime
11-10-2005, 8:36 AM
I'd definitely like to see Coruscant. After seeing Nar Shaddaa, Telos, and Taris I think they could do it justice.
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 8:57 AM
Probably Coruscant, Korriban, Yavin IV, maybe Rakata, or Dantooine. Other than that I don't know. I would kind of like to see Rhen Var, or Mon Calamari.
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-10-2005, 9:04 AM
Coruscant, Ord Mantell, Dathomir, Mon Calamari, Yavin4, Kuat Drive Yards.

Perhaps, Dagoba.
Definately Mustafar.

Alderan???
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 9:12 AM
I would probably only want Alderaan OR Mon Calamari, not both, to tell you the truth. And I forgot, maybe a nice blurb in there about Mustafar by HK, just to tie it in with Galaxies; Maybe the whole idea of him on Mustafar in Galaxies was a pile of crap, but still, it might be nice to tie things in. And yes, it might be nice to see Kuat or some big company/planet or whatever. But was KDY even started back then?
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-10-2005, 9:25 AM
I'm not sure.
I know it's been operational for many generations up to (around) episode 5.

The starships of that era had to come from somewhere.
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 9:40 AM
Yeah. The Republic had some company making theirs (I doubt it was KDY by the way, the Republic ships are definitely not KDY's style; They might have made those triangular fighters though, they usually make those kind of shaped ships); The Sith used the Star Forge.
 Harmor
11-10-2005, 10:50 AM
I'd like to see Korriban again (dunno the planet with its Sith ruins is just intriguing), Dantooine obviously for the Jedi Enclave, Tattooine revisited would be nice, Coruscant definately, 2-3 more from known space plus a location beyond the outer rim for the grand finale...
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 12:34 PM
To tell you the truth, I am kind of tired of Tatooine. It would be ok if we had to do some cool stuff there, but after having it in K1, playing two missions on it in JA, and everything else I would prefer a new planet. Maybe not even Dantooine (although certaintely Korriban), but Dantooine has lasted this long and seems to be prominent in the story so I doubt it will go.
 Axe Windu
11-10-2005, 1:16 PM
Tatooine is annoying. I wouldnt be mad if it was back but I dont understand how its the center of the entire star wars universe. This crappy little desert planet and somehow the entire universe always comes back there.

Hoth, Naboo, Alderaan, Mostifar, Yavin 4, Kashyyk, Coriscant, Camino, Degoba, Ord Mantel.

Planets I defenitly dont want: Koribaan (twice is enough besides for maybe a cutscreen I dont wanna go back again this game), Manaan!, Taris cause it died and I dont want another rebuilding thing, Nar Shadaa.

I only wanna go back to Dantooine if it is being made clear this is like the Coruscant of this game. I mean both games it was the main Jedi Temple... so if thats the case then its cool.

I really dont wanna go back to Taris unless it either has to do with Carth or the Atris Academy. Thats it.

I have to edit what I said earlier. We should have manaan back. And in the begining of the game they should ask you if you destroyed the kolto and if you say yes then it should mean all the medpacs cost more the whole game. And if you break a law you should be arrested again and go through a trial where if you say the wrong thing you automatically die... even though you could fry them all... and there should be another hour of you walking underwater in a space suite at 3 miles per hour. Thats what we need... that would make this game sick.
 Harmor
11-10-2005, 1:25 PM
They will never make a game where when you say the wrong thing in a dialogue you die. Gamers would go crazy over it, well, I know I would. Manaan would need a strong purpose to go to since it only has few cities (if even more than the one you went to in Kotor 1), cause all that Manaan was important for was the Starmap. Now of course, background wise, Kolto IS important to the galaxy as a whole... maybe for a sidequest or so yah but I don't see any purpose to re-introduce it.
Hoth on the other hand sounds pretty cool ... fighting a Wampa comes to mind :p
 Axe Windu
11-10-2005, 1:41 PM
Ok seriously is sarcasm illegal in these forums. I was kidding! Manaan suckd. It was obvious sarcasm. I was simply describing the original manaan. And yes if you said the wrong dialogue in the court room you died. If you pleade guilty or did something that lead to you being guilty you died. You are dead that was that. I hope your being sarcastic responding to my manaan comment. Read my last thing thats what we need that would make the game sick. You actually think Im serious?
 Harmor
11-10-2005, 1:51 PM
I tried quite a buncha things in the courtroom but never died tbh but umm that's not the point. The point is that no one but you came up with saying you don't want Manaan in, then you "sarcastically" as you say correct yourself. Sure, now that you explain it I get ya (insert big laugh here), but I am surely not gonna dissect your post for hidden jokes. Can't be bothered you know ... also I wasn't exactly referring to your thoughts on Manaan but picked it up as one of the planets we have been on already, kinda like Tattooine (if that just made sense).
About sarcasm ... heck, I do not know you too well. In fact, I do not know you at all. So how am I supposed to know if you are joking or not, especially when you are the one who came up with not wanting Manaan then correcting yourself later (in a sarcastic manner, I gotcha, no less). You didn't refer to anyone else's opinion... which is what sarcasm is more or less about no? Oh well, time to move on...
 Axe Windu
11-10-2005, 1:55 PM
Im sorry I just thought that anyone with common sense could read my paragraph about manaan being back int he game and realize I wasnt seroius. You dont have to know me or anything its common sense. Its not like I have all these hidden meanings in my post its an obvious joke. Maybe next time I should say something stupid put a :P in it and a ROFL or something gay like that.
 Harmor
11-10-2005, 2:02 PM
Well no, you should prolly just try and think when something is ok to be done in a convo and when its rather not appropriate. You see, we have been discussing (in all seriousness, like true nerds do basically) the planets we would like to see in Kotor 3 and then you drop a convo bomb so to speak. Its kind of a convo killer as we can see right here because now a couple posts deal with that rather than advance the discussion. Has nothing to do with common sense, just with the flow of a conversation. Get it?
 Axe Windu
11-10-2005, 2:15 PM
What I get is these posts that are unnecisary are all a result of you not understanding something my 4 year old sister would know is a joke. And ive seen tons of post where people on here go what if bastilla was in her underwear LOL RMFLO :P :) and stupid stuff like that. Lets both just stop though. Maybe someone can delete these.
 JediMaster12
11-10-2005, 3:00 PM
What I get is these posts that are unnecisary are all a result of you not understanding something my 4 year old sister would know is a joke. And ive seen tons of post where people on here go what if bastilla was in her underwear LOL RMFLO :P :) and stupid stuff like that. Lets both just stop though. Maybe someone can delete these.

"Your senses betray you as you betrayed me." :lightning

It just makes it entertaining but to answer your thread: I wouldn't mind seeing Coruscant or some of the Core Worlds but I would like to see the possiblities of worlds in the Unknown Regions like the Unknwn World. That would really require some thinking :lightning
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-10-2005, 4:48 PM
Coruscant, Telos (destroyed), Dantooine, Tatooine (please!), Korriban, Ziost, Mannan (I liked it), Kashyyk, Onderon (one of my favourites), Yavin IV (the top favourite), and so on and so on.
 Amor
11-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Don't really care, as long as I see Coruscant again... I love the place.
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Ok seriously is sarcasm illegal in these forums. I was kidding!
Im sorry I just thought that anyone with common sense could read my paragraph about manaan being back int he game and realize I wasnt seroius. You dont have to know me or anything its common sense....Maybe next time I should say something stupid put a :P in it and a ROFL or something gay like that.
What I get is these posts that are unnecisary are all a result of you not understanding something my 4 year old sister would know is a joke.

First of all: Your sister must be a mind reader or know you really well. Secondly: Sarcasm is not illegal. Thirdly: As we aren't mind readers, Windu, when you say something that is almost total seriousness without anything to indicate that it is not, it looks serious. How are we supposed to know that? Common sense would tell you that we couldn't tell what you were thinking, or that we wouldn't be able to see that you were joking, since you never said you were.

We aren't hearing you speak, we are reading unemotional words off of a page. Yes, next time, put something "gay" in it, or put a smilie in it, to let us know whether it was sarcasm or not. You are way too serious typing that for it to every be thought of that way; Come on, several people (including me) thought that you were serious. You need to put a bit more "funnyness" in it for it to be taken as a joke, not something that looks totally serious.
 RedHawke
11-11-2005, 1:05 AM
I'd like to see Tatooine (It has to be in the third part), and Coruscant... the rest I would like to be new worlds so as to not re-hash the old ones too much. ;)
 Axe Windu
11-11-2005, 1:23 AM
And if you break a law you should be arrested again and go through a trial where if you say the wrong thing you automatically die... even though you could fry them all... and there should be another hour of you walking underwater in a space suite at 3 miles per hour. Thats what we need... that would make this game sick.

You thought I was serious... you thought I seriously thought that moving slow underwater for three hours and dying in a court room would make the game sick. Even though Im describing exactly what everyone hated about manaan in the first game. You thought I thought it would really make the game sick?
 90SK
11-11-2005, 2:58 AM
Assuming another's opinion isn't generally wise; he had no reason to think you were being sarcastic. Sometimes people's opinions are outrageous. Maybe next time you should put something along the lines of "[/sarcasm]" at the end of a sarcastic rant.
 Prime
11-11-2005, 8:52 AM
It was obvious sarcasm. It was not obvious.
 Darth Moeller
11-11-2005, 8:55 AM
I would definitely like to see Coruscant. I think that they could do a lot of things with that planet.
 Hallucination
11-11-2005, 11:03 AM
I would love to see telos, but not just any telos, the planet where you could walk around on the surface, because that was fun on Dantooine in k1 and k2. Coruscant is a must have and pretty much every planet in the first 2.
@axewindu/hamor: to delete messages use the edit button and theres a delete option on the page.
@axewindu: you disgust me with your homophobic comments.
 darth_yanstrol
11-14-2005, 8:44 AM
Dantooine and Korriban are an Absolute must, but i think it would be cool to go to other star wars worlds like Coruscant, Naboo, Tatooine, Kasshyk, Geonosis, Hoth, Kamino, Bespin, Onderon, and Nar shadaa. I hope Kotor 3 is longer atlest an 80 hour game just to make the gameplay and the storyline more interesting.
 Lady Vader
11-14-2005, 2:41 PM
I would like to see Coruscant, Mustafar, Kamino, Ord Mandell, Dathomir, Corellia, Yavin 4, and Korriban (but this time inhabited and with more than one quest).
 Sabretooth
11-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Coruscant
Yavin Station
Yavin IV

I would like more original planets, along with these.
 Achilles
11-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I hope they bring back Taris. I think that enough happened there that they could resurrect it without being cheesy. For continuity, I'm betting on the return of Telos. And for mercy's sake, I'm hoping that we do not see Dantooine or Korriban again.
 †Saint_Killa†
11-15-2005, 8:11 AM
Any planet would do as long it's wide enough to explore with a controllable ship, swoop bike, speeder or even an animal. One planet, one whole map or to make it less frustrating only important sections of the planet.
 Igor_Cavkov
11-15-2005, 4:14 PM
I would like to see a HUGE galaxy and unknown regions.. and a big variety of planets,asteroids,space stations, ships, hidden bases and so on!

it woul be great if the game was like HUGE with 4-6disc and all!! :D

what you guys think?
 90SK
11-15-2005, 4:20 PM
Well, I'll welcome more space stations, as long as we get a few NS/Taris like planets that are really involving. Hopefully with more areas (Like, for example, more districts of NS. Maybe the galaxy map can switch to planet scale once you land? That would be awesome).

Like I said before, if they made Korriban bigger, with actual differentiation from K1 and K2, than I'd welcome it. Some nice complex underground tombs, or something.
 chaleur
11-15-2005, 4:59 PM
It'd be cool to have more spaces, but I'd rather have more story and less spaces, if it was a matter for trading. I'd also vote for fewer planets and more involved local descriptions.
 The Doctor
11-15-2005, 6:11 PM
I don't really know what planets I do want, but I can tell you which ones I don't want:
Korriban and Dantooine!!!!
They're both old and are getting boring. replace them with some new planets that don't use the same maps as the original or second game so we actually have to explore the planet. I already knew where everything I was told about on Dantooine would be by using simple logic: Where would be the best place for that building?". Korriban is boring. It was good in KotOR, but in TSL, it was boring (most likely because it was added at the last minute, but still...), and would most likely be just as dull as it was in TSL.
 SITHSLAYER133
11-15-2005, 6:17 PM
no dantooine or korriban for god sakes
 JediMaster12
11-18-2005, 5:08 PM
As before, I would like to see some of the Core Worlds but because the story plots took place in the Outer Rim in the last two KOTOR, I would definitely like to see perspective on planets in the Unknown Regions
Page: 1 of 1