Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mace Windu: Jedi Master Reborn

Page: 2 of 5
 RC-1162
11-22-2005, 11:27 AM
this chapter is kinda short, since i had my Acer ctate efficiency exams, i could write little. here it is, and Hall, you were on the right track buddy :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NINE

Even at four on one, Vader had the upper hand; he kept propelling three Jedi back with the Force and dueling for a few seconds with one then doing the same again with the others. Mace found this annoying and jumped back. He took off his helmet and threw it at Vader from the back. As he turned to slice it away, Yoda jumped up and took off Vader’s lightsaber hand from the wrist and sliced off Vader’s prosthetic left leg upon landing.
“You cannot win, Anakin.” Obi Wan said as Vader fell to the ground. “This time at least, and see through the lies of Palpatine.”
“You are a fool, Obi Wan.” he said and pushed himself up using the Force. He summoned his lightsaber to his left hand and held it there. At this, Tara removed her helmet, letting her hair fall down.
“Tara.” Vader said, mildly surprised. “You have been fooled by the lies of the Jedi too?”
“The Sith are evil, Anakin.” Tara said desperately. “Come back to us.”
“You underestimate the power of the Dark Side.” Vader said and all of a sudden, he used the Force to propel Yoda, Obi Wan and Mace into an open escape pod hatch. With the Force, he set the controls to make it land on the nearest planet and initiated the drive. The pod ripped free and rocketed off into open space. Back on the Executor, Tara was being fitted with electro magnetic binders and a Neural Inhibitor. She used to be his friend but was now Vader’s prisoner.
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Good work. I can't wait to see what is going to happen. Keep it up! :thumbsup:
 Hallucination
11-22-2005, 8:21 PM
That Vader guy sure loves getting dismembered doesn't he? :D. Great work RC!
 RC-1162
11-23-2005, 11:00 AM
he sure does, thanks guys, sorry for such a short chapter.
 RC-1162
11-23-2005, 11:51 AM
TEN

Vader flexed his replacement limbs and stood up. He gestured to a Storm Commando to follow and headed for the prison facilities. He went to Tara’s cell and typed in the password.
“Come out.” he said and Tara obeyed. Vader gestured and Tara began to walk. They walked for quite some time to the Hangar bays. They reached a Lambda class shuttle and the three of them got in. Vader gently eased it out of the Hangar. Outside, dominating the cockpit window was the city-planet, Coruscant.
Vader set the shuttle down in the hangars of Palpatine’s Palace. The Emperor was waiting to greet them.
“Lord Vader,” he said. “Welcome back.”
Vader bowed and said.
“Thank you, my Master.”
“Something is troubling you.” Palpatine said. It was not a question.
“Yes, my lord,” Vader replied. “Masters Windu, Yoda and Obi Wan Kenobi have escaped Order 66. This young Jedi was with them.”
“I take it you know this person,”
“Yes, my Lord, she was my childhood friend.”
Palpatine smiled.
“Ah,” he said thoughtfully. “Then perhaps you can train her and use her help in the destruction of the Jedi.”
“I’ll never turn,” Tara interrupted. “I’d rather die than serve the Sith.”
“You speak rashly, young one,” Palpatine said. “Under Lord Vader’s training, you will recognize what is true and untrue.”
Palpatine turned and the three of them walked into the building.
Far away in space, the escape pod came through the atmosphere of an outer rim planet and crashed down on what seemed to be a landing pad. Mace popped the hatch and the three of them jumped out. The planet gave the impression of a very boring world. People walking about, going about their business, various shops here and there and the only loud noise coming from the buzz of engines on speeders and spacecraft. Obi Wan walked to the nearest civilian and tapped him on the shoulder.
“Excuse me,” he said. “May I know the name of this planet?”
The civilian looked confused but answered nevertheless.
“Taris.” he replied.
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-23-2005, 3:00 PM
Nice work! Excellente! I really am interested in what's going to happen. :thumbsup: for you.

“Taris.”
Hmm??? O.o
 Hallucination
11-23-2005, 7:35 PM
Taris? They love getting Jedi to land there in escape pods don't they?
 RC-1162
11-24-2005, 12:58 AM
you have no idea :D

my total cool point score: 115
coolness to the core!
 RC-1162
11-24-2005, 3:14 AM
ELEVEN

None of the three knew of the Taris system. They had to find a way off this planet before Tara got killed. Obi Wan had suggested getting some accommodations before they searched for a passage off the planet, so they had gone to what was called the South Apartments. After a quick lunch, Obi Wan had gone out to see if he could buy a small ship with the money they had. An hour later, he returned.
“I have good news and bad news,” he announced.
“Let’s hear them,” Mace prompted.
“Good news is that I have acquired a ship at a very low cost. Bad news is it’s missing its hyperdrive unit. We’ll need to salvage a hyperdrive from somewhere.”
“Any ideas, have you?” Yoda asked.
“The dealer said that there were plenty of crashed ships in the Undercity, we could go there and see if we could get a hyperdrive or not.”
“Well, let’s go then,” Mace prompted.
“Not so fast, Master,” Obi Wan said. “We need to make a stop at the medical facility first.”
“None of us is hurt; there is no need to waste time.”
“We’re not going there for healing. We need to get some Rakghoul serum.”
Mace and Yoda looked confused.
“What’s a Rakghoul?” Mace asked.
“Apparently it’s a mutant creature species that lives in the Undercity. Prolonged exposure to the Undercity leads to the Rakghoul disease, which causes people to mutate into one of them.” Obi Wan explained.
Mace nodded and said,
“Alright, one quick stop and we get moving.”
Mace stepped in another puddle and cursed.
“If I live to tell my tale, I’ll leave this out of it.” he said.
The three of them walked through the Undercity, searching for an intact looking ship. So far, they had learnt one thing: Taris’ Undercity was a ship graveyard. Thousands of crashed ships littered the ground every 5 meters. All the ships they had searched so far either had no hyperdrive or had a busted hyperdrive. As they walked, Obi Wan tripped on a stone and almost fell.
“Piece of crap.” he mumbled.
Mace, however, seemed very interested in the ‘piece of crap’.
“What is it?” Obi Wan asked.
“Is it natural for a button to be set in the ground?” Mace asked.
“No,” Obi Wan replied.
“Then this is something new.”
Obi Wan bent down and looked at the place where the stone had been. Sure enough, there was a button set into the ground. As he lifted his arm to push it, however, the Force warned him of something and all of them jumped back. Where they had been standing, a Rakghoul Fiend claw had slashed through. Another five rakghouls joined their leader. Igniting their sabers, the three Jedi leapt up in unison and landed behind the creatures. With a slash of his saber, Obi Wan took the head off of the fiend. Behind him, Yoda and Mace were slashing their lightsabers furiously, chopping the rakghouls to pieces. Obi Wan reversed his grip on his saber and pushed it back in a reverse stab right through the remaining rakghoul’s abdomen. Breathing heavily, Obi Wan, lightsaber in hand, went to the button and pushed it using the Force. The ground in front of him shivered and started moving into the ground. A few seconds later, there was an opening in the ground big enough for him to walk into without a tight squeeze on any side. Obi Wan motioned to the others to follow him and jumped in. Yoda and Mace followed closely. As they stood there, a protocol droid came up to them.
“Welcome, Masters. May I know why you are here in the Promised Land?”
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-24-2005, 9:06 AM
Nice touch with that. I'd like to see what will happen. :thumbsup: for you!
 RC-1162
11-24-2005, 9:32 AM
you would, since its been 4000 years since the Promised Land had been discovered :D thanks, dude, next chapter will probably be on sunday, since i have a math test on Sat.
 Hallucination
11-24-2005, 7:29 PM
Interesting, and Taris hasn't changed much has it? Are they still racists?
P.S. What drugs do they give for attaching new limbs, 'cause it must be good. :D
 RC-1162
11-25-2005, 4:38 AM
:tsk: :lol:
 RC-1162
11-25-2005, 7:20 AM
TWELVE

Tara held her lightsaber at hand, deactivated and watched Vader carefully. He had his lightsaber out and was circling Tara slowly. Suddenly, he lunged. Tara just jumped away calmly.
“Good.” said Vader. “Your reflexes are commendable, but you do not use them to their full extent.”
Vader brought his lightsaber around and slashed at Tara’s head. Tara ducked and stepped back a few paces.
“Give in to the Dark Side,” he said. “Feel it flowing through you.”
He launched a sweep at her legs and she jumped over the blade.
“I said it before: I will not turn.” she said, undaunted.
“Ah, but you will, sooner or later.” Vader said, smiling inside his mask. “There is great fear and anger in you.”
“I am neither afraid nor angry.” she said calmly. “Your petty dialogues will never turn my beliefs.”
At this, Vader got angry. He lunged hard and launched a feint at Tara’s knees, stopped midway and went for her neck. Tara, quick as a dagger, ignited her saber with a flash and the bar of gleaming blue stopped Vader’s blade.
“Your strategy backfired, Anakin” she taunted, smiling.
Vader bared his teeth and stood in a battle stance.
Obi Wan, Mace and Yoda looked confused.
“The Promised Land, you say?” said Yoda. “What is this?”
“It is a place where droids look after our Masters’ every needs, sir.” the droid replied. “I am a D-300 Combat Droid, the guardian of the Promised Land. You may refer to me as Deethree.”
“May we see your leader, Deethree?” Obi Wan asked.
“Of course, sirs.” D-3 replied. “Please follow me.”
The droid led the way into the place. It was a huge and beautiful place, with spotless walls, beautiful plants and floral wonders lighting up every corner and a great waterfall showering them playfully with droplets of water. It was hard to believe that the entrance of the place was set in the most desolate place on the planet.
They came up to a magnificent room with decorated ceilings in which people walked around in well-pressed, modest outfits. In the center sat a man, apparently in his fifties. He was no doubt, the leader of these people.
“You have some visitors, Master Gendar,” the droid said.
“Thank you, Deethree. That will be all.”
The droid turned around and walked back to its post.
“Welcome, strangers. My name is Terrik Gendar. How may I help you?” the man said.
“We were hoping to salvage a hyperdrive unit for a ship we have, can you help us?”
“Unfortunately, no.” Terrik said. “If there was anything of value out there, the local swoop gangs would have salvaged minutes after the ship crashed. I can, however, give you a completely new ship.”
“That would be splendid.” Mace said. “Name your price.”
“No, no, I want you to take it, as a gift from us.”
“Gift? Barely know us, you do.” said Yoda.
“No Master Yoda.” Terrik replied. “You barely know us. But you were the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. There is no civilized person who does not know of you.”
Obi Wan shrugged.
“Is she fast?” he asked.
“Fast? These ships were made by the construction droids of this Land. If there’s anything faster than them, I’d like to see it.”
“Well, that’s fast enough,” said Obi Wan. “Thank you.”
“No problem, I wish I could offer you more.”
Mace thought for a second.
“We could use some food,” he said.
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-25-2005, 8:51 AM
Nice Work! Excellente! :thumbsup:

In the center sat a man, apparently in his fifties.
“You have some visitors, Master Gendar,”
What the hell?
 RC-1162
11-25-2005, 11:23 AM
descendants, dude
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Oh, right. Descendats... :D
 MdKnightR
11-26-2005, 4:50 AM
The only thing that is confusing me is how Taris wound up just like it was before the destruction that Malak ordered.
 RC-1162
11-26-2005, 11:42 AM
its been 4000 years, wouldnt someone take it and renovate?
 Hallucination
11-26-2005, 7:35 PM
^^But just to make it exactly as it was before it was destroyed?
 JediKnight707
11-27-2005, 2:56 AM
“Piece of crap.” he mumbled.

:lol: Ben saying crap :) :ben: + :swear:....odd.....Keep it up though :D
 RC-1162
11-27-2005, 11:04 AM
ah, well, no one's perfect :D
 JediKnight707
11-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Great story :) I hope another update is coming?
 RC-1162
11-28-2005, 1:04 PM
yep, though it might take some time since i have an international writing competition that will go to india. Since im the best writer (not bragging, teacher herself said it) in my class, my teacher urged me to participate.
 Hallucination
11-28-2005, 7:25 PM
^Sounds like you've got a good teacher. Ours are all "name that preposition". Good luck in the competition!
 JediKnight707
11-28-2005, 7:40 PM
Really your the best writer? With this horrible not well written story????? :lol::lol: I'm just messing with you, I would definatly say that this is in my top 3 of stories in CEC :)
 RC-1162
11-29-2005, 12:50 PM
cool, thanks, sorry about the delay, but ill start the next chap tomorrow.
 RC-1162
12-01-2005, 10:54 AM
the chapter will be posted tomorrow, promise, i have to go out today.
 JediKnight707
12-01-2005, 6:55 PM
Oooooo!!!!! Going out, eh? With who? Tara????? :lol: Can't wait for the next chapter :)
 RC-1162
12-02-2005, 6:10 AM
:¬: :¬: dumb joke. go out shopping for some jackets, since winter is coming.
 RC-1162
12-02-2005, 9:23 AM
THIRTEEN

With the Pantry stocked with healthy food, The Jedi Masters took off an rose high vertically till they were above the Upper City levels, then Obi Wan opened the throttle wide and the ship, nicknamed the Last Strike, blasted into space. A few minutes later, it went into Hyperdrive.
Five hours later, space rippled in front of Coruscant and the Strike exited Hyperspace and headed for the traffic channels. As they approached a huge ship, Obi Wan was very careful to stay in its sensor shadow. He directed the ship under the freighter and maintained its same velocity. Once they were in the atmosphere, Obi Wan jerked the nose away and flew off into one of the airspeeder currents. After a few minutes, they approached the Emperor’s Palace, formerly the Galactic Senate headquarters, now redesigned.
“Stop Palpatine, I will,” said Yoda. “Stop Vader, Master Obi Wan must.”
Obi Wan nodded.
“I will search for Tara,” said Mace. “I’ll rendezvous with you in the hangars.”
The plan of action was settled, the ship landed in the Visitors Bay for those who sought an audience with the Emperor. They called for the elevator and stopped at corresponding floors. Obi Wan: Vader’s personal Chambers, Level 97. Mace: Prison cells, Level 89. Yoda: Emperor’s Chambers, Level 100.
Mace was dropped off first; he exited not knowing where or how to look. He went to the computer terminal and was about to begin typing when,
“Hey, you there, this level is for authorized personnel only. Do you have your papers?” a Mark XII Assassin Droid demanded.
Mace thought, ‘Ah, what the hell.’ and, with one stroke, took of the droid’s head with the blade of his now ignited saber. Not bothering with the panel, he plunged the lightsaber blade into the door’s heavy, titanium-plated alloy and easily cut a circular opening. Using the Force to gently lower the piece to the ground, he stepped through the hatch.
“Master Windu,” a female voice said from nearby. “What an unpleasant surprise.”
Mace tuned to his left and saw his student, Tara, standing a few paces away, a red lightsaber held in her hand.
Obi Wan got off in a similar state of confusion as that of Mace’s. He walked pointlessly looking for a sign or arrow which led to the Dark Lord’s Chambers. Finally, he saw a sign bearing the words ‘Authorization needed to pass beyond’ and walked up to the booth. Without speaking, he beheaded the security trooper before it could react and activated the automated door mechanisms with the Force. He walked ahead and spotted his former student standing with his back turned towards him.
“We meet yet again, my old Master.” Vader said.
“I hope this meeting goes out well.” replied Obi Wan.
Vader turned.
Yoda got off on the topmost floor in, unlike his other two companions, a state of fierce determination, which was partly because he had a huge sign pointing out the right direction for him. He hid behind a corner and obstructed the guards’ breathing passages with the Force. Five minutes later, he strolled calmly into Palpatine’s Office area where the Emperor sat. A newly constructed lightsaber appeared out of his cloak sleeve.
“Master Yoda, I have been expecting you.” Palpatine said jovially as he ignited the blade. “My clones were never able to recover your body and I knew that a mere fall would never kill you. This time, I will let my lightsaber do the job.”
“The pleasure, you will never receive, my Lord” Yoda replied and settled in a battle stance.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Excellent. But this is a bit rushed in my opinion, but still good. :thumbsup: for you.
 RC-1162
12-02-2005, 11:34 AM
ah, well, i had a promise to keep :D
anyway, i think it would be better for three battles to begin in one chapter.
 JediKnight707
12-02-2005, 3:12 PM
:¬: :¬: dumb joke. go out shopping for some jackets, since winter is coming.

I try my best :¬:

Ah, what the hell

First Obi-Wan, now Mace? Soon Yoda will be cussing people out :lol:

Good job on the chapter though :D
 John Skywalker
12-02-2005, 5:42 PM
i like this if they bring justice to the galaxy will the fanfic end?
 RC-1162
12-03-2005, 6:05 AM
wait and see :D
@JK707: got the sig working i see. take my advice, read a joke book :D :D
 RC-1162
12-03-2005, 1:43 PM
FOURTEEN

“Tara?” Mace asked incredulously. The pupil he had trained to go against the Dark Side, the pupil who had never shown a bit of anger of fury on her face ever was now standing on front of him. Or so he thought.
“No, ‘Master’.” she replied. “The real Tara would not turn to the Dark Side. I am her clone right to the midi chlorian. Your student is now a template for the Emperor’s new Sith Lord army. I am their prototype and have been promised high ranks in the army if I destroyed you.”
“Don’t waste your time, tell me where she is.”
“She is presently in the Prison Cells behind me. But you will never reach there in one piece.”
“We shall see.”
Mace used the Force to push him forward so hard that he surprised even himself. Skidding to a halt beside the clone, he swung his saber in a backhand sweep. The clone ducked and plunged her saber forward towards Mace’s stomach. Mace side-stepped the blow and brought his saber up, knocking the lightsaber out of the clone’s hands. She was not bluffing, however, about being Tara’s clone. She jumped back from Mace’s swinging blade with a back flip and called her lightsaber to herself. Mace did not become a Master for nothing, though. As the deactivated hilt flew past him, he sliced it in two and turned to face the clone. She raised her hands.
“I give,” she said. Mace, suspecting a trap somewhere, did not switch off his blade. The clone put the hands on the back of her head; and drew out two Sith AA 25 Assassin Pistols. Quick as lightning, she fired off four shots, and just as quick, Mace deflected them back into the clone’s torso.
“Blasters are the most useless things I’ve ever seen,” mumbled Mace.
He went into the inner cell area and scanned the cells. He soon located the one containing Tara and went up to it.
“Master,” she exclaimed. “Thank goodness, get me out.”
Mace nodded and sliced the control panel of the cell. The circuitry sparked and the forcefield died.
“Where to?” Tara asked.
“We need to help Yoda.” Mace replied. “Where is your lightsaber?”
“The Assassin Droid at the entrance has it.”
Mace nodded and they left. Tara called her lightsaber to her as she walked out of the prison cell area. The entered the turbolift and requested the 100th level. The elevator shot up.
 Hallucination
12-03-2005, 6:18 PM
+10 cool points for working clones in there, and for Mace Windu purple-saberness. :D
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-03-2005, 6:20 PM
I think that this is excellent. Although the Clone thing didn't really make sense to me IMHO; but maybe I'm just stupid that's all. :thumbsup: for you.
 John Skywalker
12-04-2005, 11:32 AM
wicked i wasnt expecting clones why aint my fanfic in your sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just joking:)
 JediKnight707
12-04-2005, 10:20 PM
wicked i wasnt expecting clones why aint my fanfic in your sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just joking:)

You have to bully him :D

Good work, I wasn't expecting clones :D
 RC-1162
12-05-2005, 11:55 AM
if you bully me, ill use the special privilege known as "report bad post"
:lol:
anyway, in time dude, im recommending what i think are great fics. lemme just see some more :D

and Vlad, heres the 'behind the scenes' stuff:
Vader told the emp that tara was very strong in the force and could become a great asset but she did not turn, so they locked her up, took some of her DNA samples and made clones of her to make a jedi army.

if you still dont understand, i dunno what to do.
 RC-1162
12-06-2005, 11:38 AM
ok, make that a sith army.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FIFTEEN

Vader and Obi Wan circled each other like wild animals engaged in a duel. Suddenly, Vader lunged forward with his lightsaber pointing at Obi Wan’s chest. Obi Wan jumped over the blade and landed behind Vader. Wasting no time, he swiped his saber in a backhand sweep aiming for Vader’s neck. Bringing his saber around, he barely blocked the blow and stepped back.
“You would be wise to accept your fate and not fight it.” Vader said.
“That depends on what my fate is, doesn’t it?” Obi Wan said.
Vader launched into a dangerous flurry of attacks, advancing on Obi Wan, who was merely deflecting the attacks and not fighting back.
“Your fate is to die, old man.” Vader growled.
“That’s what you said to me indirectly last time, and you had your legs and arm cut off.” Obi Wan commented.
“That was then. This is the now. And the Darth Vader of now is much more…”
“…Powerful than before. Yeah, yeah, I’ve heard the line. Why don’t you say something new for a change, Anakin?”
“My name is Darth Vader!” Vader yelled and let loose his full fury into his sweeps with his blade. Obi Wan just stepped away from the cuts and jabbed the blade into Vader’s right calf. The prosthetics died and Vader now had only one leg to support him. He fought while standing precariously poised, looking for an opening. Finally, when Obi Wan lifted his blade over his head, Vader used the Force and pushed Obi Wan away from him. He Force-jumped to the nearest window and dropped to his knees.
“I have to thank Grievous for this,” he said as he lay on all fours.
He looked up and pressed a button on the panel near him. The floor around him began to move down.
“You lose, Master Kenobi. This time for sure.” Vader said, swiping his lightsaber through the window, and vanished into the floor, where a sliding panel covered the opening. The window gave away and exploded into the lower pressure air outside. The air flooded out of the room and the air circulation units strained to support the room. Slowly, the level of air began to drop. Obi Wan, clutching a fixed chair desperately, drew a breath-mask from his pocket and put it on. He turned his focus to the shattered window and somewhat became the Force. He grabbed the air rushing out and held it in place and all the buffeting items dropped to the ground, including him. He got to his feet, still holding the air, brushed the front of his armor and walked back to the turbolift. The door opened and he saw Mace and Tara inside.
“Talk about great timing,” said Tara.
Obi Wan smiled and stepped in.
“That boy has lost his creativity.” he mumbled sadly to Mace.
“So has the Emperor,” Mace replied.
 MdKnightR
12-06-2005, 1:01 PM
Wait a second...vacuum of space? I thought that they were on Coruscant.
 RC-1162
12-06-2005, 1:46 PM
ooooooops!! s**t! thanks for that.
im gonna kick myself in the pants till i die
 JediKnight707
12-06-2005, 11:32 PM
great fics

*blushes* :rofl: Great fic->Me? Not yet.
 RC-1162
12-07-2005, 12:44 PM
thats what you think. ask Vlad
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-07-2005, 1:41 PM
thats what you think. ask Vlad
He's right you know.
 RC-1162
12-09-2005, 10:55 AM
SIXTEEN

Yoda jumped above Palpatine’s blade and ducked to the side. He swirled around like a demented top and slashed viciously at Palpatine. The Dark Emperor stepped back and raised his blade and brought it down. Yoda dropped and rolled to the side and spin-jumped back up. He launched into a flurry of swipes and feints at Palpatine, not allowing the Sith Lord to even jab at Yoda. Suddenly, the second elevator hissed open and Vader jumped at Yoda in a snap. The Grand Master of the Jedi Order jumped forward seven meters and turned, waiting. Palpatine and his apprentice turned to face him, lightsabers held in front of them. The main elevator doors flew open and the three remaining Jedi burst into the room and targeted the Emperor at once. Tara went for Vader, who seemed to have repaired his calf prosthetics before coming. The Jedi Masters were hounding Palpatine. The Emperor ran to his desk and slapped a button. A side door slid open and a whole squad of Elite Stormtrooper bodyguards flooded out, the business ends of their blaster cannons blaring. Yoda just ignored them and continued fighting Palpatine. Mace also did likewise. Obi Wan, however, turned and shoved the troops away. He turned back; and immediately ducked to avoid being decapitated by Vader’s blade. Tara swiped from behind but Vader jumped up and landed behind Obi Wan. Palpatine decided it was time to help Vader and pushed Yoda away. He Force-jumped behind Tara and raised his blade. Tara turned. Too late. Palpatine’s blade slashed through Tara’s stomach and the Jedi Knight fell to the ground. At this point, Obi Wan and Mace, shocked by Palpatine’s move, used the Force and pushed him away simultaneously. The Dark Emperor flew across the room. Just as they were readying themselves to jump to their target, the door slid open and half a dozen Tara clones rushed in. Given the real Jedi’s affinity to the Force, they realized that the odds were heavily against them. Yoda took a ginormous leap over everything and landed just before the elevator doors. There, he hurriedly set a fragmentation mine and beckoned to the remaining Jedi. Mace levitated Tara’s limp body across the room to the elevator’s now open doors, then he and Obi Wan jumped as one over the mine into the elevator. Yoda slapped the panel and the doors whirred shut. The elevator shot down, its passengers doubled over panting for breath. At the 20th level, Hangar Bays, they were greeted, unfortunately, by another squad of troops, this time Storm Commandos. They rushed out and ran around pell-mell towards the Strike. They jumped in and Mace rushed to the cockpit, engaged the engines and took the ship out of the madhouse. As they shot into Hyperspace, Yoda shook his head sadly.
“Gone, she is,” he said, referring to Tara, who was lying in the medbay.
 RC-1162
12-09-2005, 10:56 AM
sorry its a bit short
Page: 2 of 5