Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The option to kiss an NPC at will

Page: 1 of 2
 TheExileReturns
10-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Hey how 'bout adding an option to the dialogue tree to "Kiss (what's-her-name or what's-his-name.") You would click this and go to a cut scene of your PC (your name here) grabbing your love interest and planting a wet one on them. This would be kind of like ESB where Han kisses Leia (you could use a good kiss!) followed by either a positive response ( if you have high influence) or a not so positive one- (like getting cracked across the face and lose even more influence with that character.) What do you think?
 fresnosmokey02
10-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Interesting idea. I doubt it'll happen, but I like it.
 RobQel-Droma
10-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Nice. Pretty much what fresnosmokey said. You did kiss in KotOR 1, but it faded out. I would like the ability to do this.
 Achilles
10-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Too romantic for the chaste Jedi. Also too romantic for the power-hungry, controlling Sith.
 Kensai
10-27-2005, 12:19 PM
I think, if you want video game eroticism, buy the European version of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy.

Achilles is right. Unless you don't play a Jedi in K3. Which I doubt.
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-27-2005, 1:32 PM
Nice idea, although that high/low influence thing isn't really convincing, and should be a bit more... improved.

Achilles is right. Unless you don't play a Jedi in K3. Which I doubt.
Oh, man... I PRAY not to play as a Jedi from the start. I am sick and tired of that: "Jedi are sinless, Sith are unbeatable; bla bla bla...".

What about Republic soldiers? Or Sith soldiers, or maybe even a villager that is an excellent sharp shooter and soldier?
 biscuitneilston
10-27-2005, 2:12 PM
I agree, a bit of a change from the usual Jedi guff we have been fed through the previous two games would be good. Not saying that Jedi and sith shouldnt be in the story, but a different point of view perhaps would be refreshing. Like, in the previous two games you always hear locals who are sick of the jedi and sith, would be nice to perhaps play as one of them.
 Prime
10-27-2005, 2:25 PM
Why stop at kissing? I want a "cope a feel" option!
 IndianaSolo
10-27-2005, 2:56 PM

Do you get LS points if the NPC is into it? But DS points if they slap you?
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-27-2005, 3:10 PM
Uhhh... Yeah, sure! Just hold on for a moment...
* Goes to the corner and... * :barf:
 Achilles
10-27-2005, 4:52 PM
Why stop at kissing? I want a "cope a feel" option!THIS JUST IN! KOTOR 3 TO BE DEVELOPED BY ROCKSTAR!!

In an interesting turn of events, Lucas Arts officials announced today that they had completed negoitiations with controversial developer Rockstar Games. Although Rockstar officials were unavailable for comment, rumors have already begun circulating on the Internet. Fans of the Star Wars series are already anticipating a host of new feats and force powers including "Force Grope", "Slip Ruffy", and "Jedi Skirt Trick". There is also speculation on the existence of content for a future "Hot Juma Juice" mod.
 Bob Lion54
10-27-2005, 5:26 PM
^^
HAHAHA!! good one.

I donno, if done right it could be ok. A bit more romance wouldn't hurt. If your character is not part of the Jedi Order (like the Exile), they probably wouldn't be so up tight, so it would be feasible for them to do some Un-Jedi like things....
 RobQel-Droma
10-27-2005, 5:28 PM
Why would you play a game as a person that hates Jedi and Sith and isn't a force-user? The game is Knights of the Old Republic, not Mad Villagers of the Old Republic. I don't mind not being a Jedi at the beginning, but we need to be one. That is what most of the games are about.
 The_Maker
10-27-2005, 6:10 PM
If we start out as some villager on tatooine or some "uNKn0ne s0Op3r pLaN4t!1!one!" I am just going to... :barf:

I agree with Rob, the Jedi/Sith are the point of both games, if you don't like it... go play Galaxies or something :xp:
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-27-2005, 6:22 PM
Why would you play a game as a person that hates Jedi and Sith and isn't a force-user? The game is Knights of the Old Republic, not Mad Villagers of the Old Republic. I don't mind not being a Jedi at the beginning, but we need to be one. That is what most of the games are about.
If we start out as some villager on tatooine or some "uNKn0ne s0Op3r pLaN4t!1!one!" I am just going to...

I agree with Rob, the Jedi/Sith are the point of both games, if you don't like it... go play Galaxies or something

A few remarks on your complaints:

1. I never said that you shouldn't be a Jedi or a Sith
2. I am complaining about the fact that in KOTOR 1, you were a Republic soldier, and then *puff* you're a Jedi, perfect and amazing. And what do you get? You're not a soldier anymore and you're someone respected throughtout the Galaxy
3. Just because you become a member of the Jedi Order after you had an extensive career as a soldier, doesn't mean that you still aren't a soldier

So please read my posts carefully before postin you two. :dozey:
 RobQel-Droma
10-27-2005, 7:30 PM
^^^^
Um, Vlad :lol:. I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to biscuitneilson. :D, I understood your point of view.

And I am ok about not being a Jedi for a while, what about having a part where you travel to the Republic academy or whatever, then progress to a "republic commando" team, and after an encounter something happens and you become a Jedi.

Perhaps I should have said that you have to get force powers because that is the way it is in KotOR; but, you don't exactly have to use them, until maybe you fight the Sith, then it would be good if you got good at fighting with a lightsaber. But you could fall back on your commando/republic training.
 Achilles
10-27-2005, 8:09 PM
I donno, if done right it could be ok. A bit more romance wouldn't hurt. If your character is not part of the Jedi Order (like the Exile), they probably wouldn't be so up tight, so it would be feasible for them to do some Un-Jedi like things.... I agree to an extent. I think that a tasteful, well-written romance could be built into the games, I just think that it shouldn't take place between your PC and a party member. According to the movies Jedi are forbibidden to love. This is why I struggle with the Bastila romance in K1 and Handmaiden and Visas warring over you in TSL. I think a Jedi should use his or her influence to play matchmaker with your party members, while a Sith should be able to undermine and manipulate.

How much replay value would it add if you could convince Bao-Dur to attack Mandalore in TSL? On the next playthough, you could betray Bao-Dur and have Handmaiden kill him. Or for LS, convince Atton and Handmaiden to bury the hatchet and hook up. Or Visas and Disciple on the next playthough.

No more tacky Jedi-love. It just doesn't feel right.
 MdKnightR
10-28-2005, 1:47 AM
THIS JUST IN! KOTOR 3 TO BE DEVELOPED BY ROCKSTAR!!

In an interesting turn of events, Lucas Arts officials announced today that they had completed negoitiations with controversial developer Rockstar Games. Although Rockstar officials were unavailable for comment, rumors have already begun circulating on the Internet. Fans of the Star Wars series are already anticipating a host of new feats and force powers including "Force Grope", "Slip Ruffy", and "Jedi Skirt Trick". There is also speculation on the existence of content for a future "Hot Juma Juice" mod.

Priceless! Great fun! Actually, I think that whoever becomes the developer for KOTOR 3 should consider using some of the "free roaming" seen in Vice City.
 fresnosmokey02
10-28-2005, 9:20 AM
Speaking of "at-will"...I think it would be cool to punish or reward your NPC's at will and to have it affect your influence with them.
 TheExileReturns
10-29-2005, 5:46 PM
Yeah... put me down for "Force Grope" as well as "Force Disrobe others."
 TheExileReturns
10-29-2005, 5:47 PM
You forget Jedi's can have sex... just not relationships. Sounds good to me
 Jeff
10-29-2005, 5:53 PM
Too romantic for the chaste Jedi. Also too romantic for the power-hungry, controlling Sith.
Well said. No direct offense toward TheExileReturn, but this is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard for a Star Wars game. I would never use this function if it was included.
 Hallucination
10-29-2005, 6:26 PM
How much replay value would it add if you could convince Bao-Dur to attack Mandalore in TSL? On the next playthough, you could betray Bao-Dur and have Handmaiden kill him. Or for LS, convince Atton and Handmaiden to bury the hatchet and hook up. Or Visas and Disciple on the next playthough.
While I disagree with 'kiss at will' thingy, this is a good idea. And the security cameras they added in TSL would be a little more useful :naughty:
 BattleDog
10-29-2005, 6:42 PM
I think the ability to kiss your love interest is a good idea but it should be a dialogue option at certain points. For instance, after you've run the course with Bastila and she admits that she does have some feelings for you you should have had an option [Just grab her.]. They you could kiss her, she could sort of fall into it and then push you away, slap you and storm off.

It might have addad another dimension to that plot in K1. I don't think kiss at will is a good idea though.

What you're all forgetting though is how bad in-game kisses look, what about the bit in Jedi Outcast after you rescue Jan?
 Samurai DD
10-29-2005, 7:45 PM
Heh, kissing and romantic relationships would be kewl. THe friggin kiss scene with Bastila was so idiotic... we dont get to see anything, just whiny goody-two-shoes jedi walking away worried.

It would be real cool that K3 would be like K1, in the sense that you start like a regular guy, but I agree with Vladimir, the transition has to be a lot slower, and I think that it could take place towards the middle of the game.

Just my opinion.
 RobQel-Droma
10-29-2005, 7:54 PM
You forget Jedi's can have sex... just not relationships. Sounds good to me

When are you ever told that? If you ask me, wouldn't those two lead to each other? I would think Jedi would probably already have to be in a relationship to even think of having sex. Love and passion are forbidden by the Jedi code. There was a discussion about this in the Cantina, in fact.

I think that this idea should take the very very back seat. Don't spend hardly any time on this, the game shouldn't be sexually centered. But it would be a nice addition.
 SITHSLAYER133
10-31-2005, 4:29 AM
i agree with the person who said about startin off as a commando and somthin happenin i reckon u should be sent to the valley of the jedi with a team to take out sith somthin goes screwey and u end up versing a weak sith who has just killed a jedi and then u pick up his saber and get thrown into the force thingy and com out with it
u then kill or capture the sith
 Aurora Merlow
10-31-2005, 8:55 AM
[QUOTE=BattleDog]I think the ability to kiss your love interest is a good idea but it should be a dialogue option at certain points. For instance, after you've run the course with Bastila and she admits that she does have some feelings for you you should have had an option [Just grab her.]. They you could kiss her, she could sort of fall into it and then push you away, slap you and storm off.[QUOTE]

Good idea, i don't think you should be able to kiss at will, it wouldn't be good for the game but if you built up a relationship to a point and then get a dialogue option it would be almost like a quest
 Prime
10-31-2005, 10:31 AM
When are you ever told that? Because Lucas has stated as much...
"Jedi Knights aren't celibate - the thing that is forbidden is attachments - and possessive relationships."
 RobQel-Droma
10-31-2005, 11:40 AM
^^^ Hmmm, thats wierd. I would think that that wouldn't be the case. Strange. Anyways, regardless of what Lucas said, it doesn't matter in the game, that isn't what it would be about. If they made a game like that I would never buy it. As I said, I really hope they put this one in the back seat.
 TheExileReturns
10-31-2005, 1:07 PM
Actually when I wrote this, I didn't have regular Jedi's in mind. Perhaps a Gray Jedi with no formal attachment to the council (like Exile or Jolee Bindo) Who knows, at this point in Kotor III, there are so few Jedi's left- well Jedi's would have to get busy and make some new ones. Two force users would almost assuredly have offspring strong in the force.
 RobQel-Droma
10-31-2005, 1:54 PM
Or look at it this way. If Anakin and Padme didn't have Luke, what would have happened? Even if Padme and Anakin hadn't married at all, Sidious would still have drawn him to the dark side, and his mother would have died. Kind of good out of something bad.
 The Doctor
10-31-2005, 4:40 PM
Speaking of "at-will"...I think it would be cool to punish or reward your NPC's at will and to have it affect your influence with them.
I hope they drop the influence crap. It's a pain in the @$$ when you have to gain DS points to gain favour if you're trying to do a LS file, and vice versa.
I though influence was a stupid idea, and I hope K3 doesn't have it.
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-31-2005, 5:28 PM
^^^^
Well that's mainly because the Influence system was a sort of impression game: The better impressions you make on party members, the more they like you. The worse impressions you make on party members, the more they DON'T like you.

And all you get is: A bit developed soldiers. :rolleyes:
 The Grey Ranger
11-01-2005, 3:08 AM
Well I don't see the possibility of flirting or kissing a romantic interest offensive. One of the best mods I've played for a game was the flirt pack for BG II, I played it through two or three more times just to play around with that.
 Prime
11-01-2005, 10:35 AM
I hope they drop the influence crap. It's a pain in the @$$ when you have to gain DS points to gain favour if you're trying to do a LS file, and vice versa.
I though influence was a stupid idea, and I hope K3 doesn't have it.I liked it. It is much more realistic. But I agree it could be implemented a bit better and not limit what you learn as much.
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 11:12 AM
I would rather be able to influence your NPCs, perhaps even ones not in your party to an extent. Instead of influencing and shifting alignment on your party, what about on certain important people throughout the game? It would make the game a lot different every time.
 jedi3112
11-01-2005, 12:08 PM
I liked it. It is much more realistic. But I agree it could be implemented a bit better and not limit what you learn as much.

I wouldn't call it realistic, what happened was that when you turned somebody to the DS, only their alignment would change, but not their behaviour. It also lacked the situation to really turn somebody. K1 had that situation, but not the system. I really would have loved it if you can tell Carth to kill/not kill Saul, and that what he does would be somewhat based on your standing with him, and if he kills him, he would be turned to the DS and he would join you after the temple, if you chose the DS.
 JediMaster12
11-10-2005, 4:46 PM
You should be able to kiss NPCs at will depending on alignment, etc. I got a bemusing face when I played KOTOR 1 and Bastilla kissed the malePC. I would actually like to see it happen though. You need a bit of romance. :ben:
 Prime
11-11-2005, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't call it realistic, what happened was that when you turned somebody to the DS, only their alignment would change, but not their behaviour. It also lacked the situation to really turn somebody. K1 had that situation, but not the system. I really would have loved it if you can tell Carth to kill/not kill Saul, and that what he does would be somewhat based on your standing with him, and if he kills him, he would be turned to the DS and he would join you after the temple, if you chose the DS.My point was having your behavior influence other characters is reaslistic to real life. But I agree it could have been implemented better.
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Be mindful of your feelings.

It is forbidden for Jedi to have such attachments.
There's a reason for this.

One thing leads to another, the next thing you know there will be a bunch of little siths and younglings out in the backyard squaring off with dad's lightsaber when he's not home.

What would've happened if Luke and Leia grew up together with Vader as Dad?
What would Christmas be like at Uncle Sidious' house?

Takes sibling rivalry to a whole new level.

NO KISSING!!!
 JediMaster12
11-11-2005, 1:14 PM
What do you think you are saying. Yes they do follw the Jedi Code:
There is no emotion, there is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
There is no passion, there is serenity
There is no chaos, there is harmony
There is no death, there is the Force

BUT, in expanded universe and in Revenge of the Sith, you do have Jedi falling in love. Think of Jolee Bindo and his theory of love and Bastilla kissing you if you are the MalePC. There has to be some kissing. It's a spontaneous emotion or feeling and it is a natural reaction for humans. I don't know about aliens but there you go. Leave the kissing in besides its amusing to watch. :forkyou:
 Samurai DD
11-11-2005, 4:00 PM
I am with JediMaster12. Plus, there is a lot of grey jedi that are light sided and fall in love without problems. I still don't see the real reason behind the no love rule for jedi. It can lead to other things, but this is very difficult, and only happens with jedi, while there can be lots of good people who fall in love. Leia married and Luke fell in love numerous times.
 jedi3112
11-12-2005, 7:24 AM
4th time I try to post this because of my stupid router (one dead router coming up)
What do you think you are saying. Yes they do follw the Jedi Code:
There is no emotion, there is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
There is no passion, there is serenity
There is no chaos, there is harmony
There is no death, there is the Force

It doesn't mention anything about one night stands. Though there is some debate possible about this, doe it require
ignorance (no)
chaos (no)
death (no, however it can create live)
emotion (debatable, but it doesn't really NEED it. There are other thing to make it rise. I think that is what Palpy meant when he sais something like 'rise my friend' in I believe EP VI)
passion (same as emotion)

A JC debate about exiling a Knight would be something like
JC: 'Did you impregnate her?'
Knight: 'Yep'
JC: 'Do you love her?'
Knight: 'Nope'
JC: 'In that case it's OK with us, hell, we do it all the time. Why do you think Bastila is our favorite Padawan?'

That is why the Sith are so much better, the Jedi are perverted.
 Alkonium
11-12-2005, 9:01 AM
Because of all these rules about love, I'd rather be a New Republic Jedi, although they have no Sith to fight, but they're ok with things like love and taking on old Padawans.
 Samurai DD
11-12-2005, 9:54 AM
Yeah, Luke changed a lot the Jedi Order, making it more neutral and less dogmatic, which has proven to be a good method. Balance is not on the extremes.
 JediRevan
11-12-2005, 11:02 AM
You guys are something else. As for passion and emotion being the same thing, they are two totally different things. As Jolee Bindo would say, passion leads to the dark side through anger and jealousy. Emotion does not lead to the dark side only to passion. Anger and jealousy are the misuse of emotion and passion.
 jedi3112
11-13-2005, 5:01 AM
You guys are something else. As for passion and emotion being the same thing, they are two totally different things. As Jolee Bindo would say, passion leads to the dark side through anger and jealousy. Emotion does not lead to the dark side only to passion. Anger and jealousy are the misuse of emotion and passion.

I didn't mean to say that emotion and passion are the same thing, but the same reasoning can be applied.
 Prime
11-14-2005, 9:31 AM
Passion is an emotion.
 JediMaster12
11-16-2005, 5:36 PM
You know though, even though Luke changed the New Jedi Order it's like trying to justify using an AMRAM missile on a city, the way how he justifies using powers of the darkside, to me that chips away at integrity.

On another point: as Jolee would put it, "Love doesn't lead to the darkside. Passion which can lead to rage and fear and can be controlled but love itself will save you, not condemn you. Controlling your passions while being in love, that is what they should to beware. Love causes pain and how you deal with the bad part of love determines your character."

I hope that gives my thoughts. I may be a romantic idiot but that is what I believe and the option to kiss an NPC would give KOTOR 3 what KOTOR 1 had. :holosid:
Page: 1 of 2