Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Robe Option for KOTOR III

Page: 2 of 2
 Clone L68362
12-07-2005, 6:57 PM
I think they had the right idea for the robes in K2, and some robe models in K1 (Check out the light side ending, three Jedi behind Vandar are wearing funky robes) but like Achilles pointed out they need to fix them. They do look funny to me now :)
 RedHawke
12-08-2005, 1:33 AM
Get ready to pass out Vlad...

An armour with a cloack would be nice as well.
I agree with you Vlad, an Armored Robes option would be quite nice, especially for playing a Jedi Guardian type.
 Ztalker
12-08-2005, 6:31 AM
Yeah, i've seen some concept art of SW Episode 3, and some of them wear batlle armors with robes, like Obi-Wan did...

it would be great indeed ^^
 Cygnus Q'ol
12-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Where does it say that you have to take away from the story to have upgraded clothing?

I'd love to be able to have choices and upgradeable/changeable robes, hoods, armour and other wearable items.

Why should the storyline suffer?
A good written story is a good written story, whether you're wearing robes or pajamas.

It's up to the devs to provide a game that exceeds the previous. It's their job to do everything necessary to accomplish this. If they can't, then get someone who can. This is Lucasworld. Anything is possible.
 RobQel-Droma
12-08-2005, 1:34 PM
^If anything is possible, then so is making robes like this. Man, what exactly do you actually want to spend time on, besides "the storyline"? :rolleyes: Cygnus, dude, why have you all of a sudden started thinking that any idea that doesn't have anything to do with the storyline will detract from it? :xp: Lighten up.

If they are given enough time, which I think they will, they will have time for this. Let me ask you something: Where did we say that this would take away from the story, or that we wan't this to take first priority? It won't, it is just another nice "touch" that we think would be good if it was added.
 Cygnus Q'ol
12-08-2005, 2:20 PM
Honestly I don't really care about the robes and items, they could stay as-is and I would have no problems...

They need to focus on making a complete storyline, many play options, including say differing LS and DS storylines, fully fleshed out NPC's who are interesting to speak to and have more of them than availalble slots so you cannot recruit all of them in one or two games, and all the other play and replay factors of the game first, before adding such eyecandy as customisable robes and sabers, is really low on the wanted list for me.

While I like the idea, it just would take the back seat priority wise.

Hmmmmmmmm...
 Cygnus Q'ol
12-08-2005, 2:27 PM
^If anything is possible, then so is making robes like this. Man, what exactly do you actually want to spend time on, besides "the storyline"? :rolleyes: Cygnus, dude, why have you all of a sudden started thinking that any idea that doesn't have anything to do with the storyline will detract from it? :xp: Lighten up.

If they are given enough time, which I think they will, they will have time for this. Let me ask you something: Where did we say that this would take away from the story, or that we wan't this to take first priority? It won't, it is just another nice "touch" that we think would be good if it was added.

If you read closely, you'll see that I agree with you. Anything is possible. Upgraded robes, weapons, and other items, AND a great storyline.

...and it isn't just possible, it's essential to the success of K3.
 RobQel-Droma
12-08-2005, 2:27 PM
If you notice, Redhawke doesn't say anything about not having the idea, he just says that it shouldn't take first priority. Which is what I said. And what does that have to do with my earlier post?
 Cygnus Q'ol
12-08-2005, 2:32 PM
My point is that there shouldn't be a problem with the devs implementing the ideas that were disscussed and writing a great story.

I would like the story to be better than TSL, but, improvements in modifications with usable and wearable items are neccessary for a better game than TSL.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way. I meant no offense.
 RobQel-Droma
12-08-2005, 10:53 PM
^ I guess I misunderstood you, then. Sorry :dozey:. I thought you were saying that the storyline would have to suffer if they did something like this for the game, and that they shouldn't try to do this because they should work on the storyline. I just didn't understand you right.
 Shem
12-09-2005, 2:07 AM
While I agree that the storyline should come first, I hope that this thread sticks to the robe option idea rather a thread that is focused on both. If the storyline is your concern, there should be threads on it.

The armor robe idea for guardian type PC's is a good idea. Like Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Clone War cartoons.
 Ztalker
12-09-2005, 10:31 AM
By the way,

I only think custom robes will increase the story intensity.
The best games/movies are about being someone, and identify yourself with the character you play. Chosing your own lightsaber colour is a start, chosing your alignment is cool, making your own robes will Pwn the world.

All i mean to say is, if you can identify yourself more with the PC, the gameplay will be cooler. That's the biggest power of Kotor, aye? You turning from no-one to someone.
 RobQel-Droma
12-09-2005, 10:48 AM
^Exactly. Being who you want to be, pretty much. All the saber colors, robes, robe colors, saber hilt, and crystals all make up who you are in the game. Half the time, I am choosing not so much what is the best, occasionally just what I like. For instance, instead of wearing the Zeison Sha armor, which has some other color (can't remember), once I got the Jal Shey Neophyte armor I wore that, because it was green, even though it wasn't actually as good as the Zeison Sha armor.
 marvidchano
12-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Better animations for robes would be great. And the color combinations would sure be neat. And Ive always wanted the option to use hoods.
yea same here
 JediMaster12
12-10-2005, 11:45 AM
By the way,

I only think custom robes will increase the story intensity.
The best games/movies are about being someone, and identify yourself with the character you play. Chosing your own lightsaber colour is a start, chosing your alignment is cool, making your own robes will Pwn the world.

All i mean to say is, if you can identify yourself more with the PC, the gameplay will be cooler. That's the biggest power of Kotor, aye? You turning from no-one to someone.

YES!!! Sometimes I tend to get carried away when playing the game and refer the PC as a real thing. But having custom robes to reflect the world the PC comes from would only make the story cooler. It would reflect the personality of the PC and any Jedi NPCs you have in your party. This is kind of like what Darth Windu suggested in another thread about how party members react to the clothing you wear. Interesting no?
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 7:01 PM
yea same here
yea, but i think there shoudln't be that wide of a range in robe colors, maybe just like red, different shades of the usual jedi brown, gray, and the usual sith black
 Samurai DD
01-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Viva la customization! It could be like in Guild Wars (yep, I'm an MMO freak, lol) where you got your items and stuff, but in the game itself you can find/buy dyes for customization of items. That tould be cool for KotOR III, in II we could customize our items, but it was too limiting, just some options, and they did not change the look of the objects. Plus, having more clothing slots would be cool, for combining things. IE:

Chest = Jedi Clothes
Legs = Soldier's Pants
Overall = Sith Robe
Gloves, Boots, etc.

And all of te items should be fully customizable both in looks and functionality (like in II) through items bought and found.

PD: Post 200!
 Gray_Master
01-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Wow, some really great ideas here.

I love the idea of wearing a tunic and than robs over it so you can get a more "me" look

Love the hood idea, I like it for my Sith Assassin but anyway.

Armor with cape..may I remind all that this story is taking place soon after the Sith wars (Lead by Exar Kun) and if anyone has read those storys you'll know that A LOT of jedis used armor with capes...they also looked extremly cool. So one big fat YES right here

Not to throw my idea in here but it is relavent...being so limited on foce powers with armor is stupid..I mean I won't even think of using armor because 1: it does look bad without a cape and 2: you can't use the best force powers....so I think they should add 1 more feat for jedi the "Force Power Armor" feat...at lvl one you can use lvl 1 of all force powers you could not use before..lvl 2 allows all lvl 2 powers 3 allows lvl 3...that way you can use force powers with armor...you just need to earn it..ohh look..I rambled
 Samurai DD
01-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Not to throw my idea in here but it is relavent...being so limited on foce powers with armor is stupid..I mean I won't even think of using armor because 1: it does look bad without a cape and 2: you can't use the best force powers....so I think they should add 1 more feat for jedi the "Force Power Armor" feat...at lvl one you can use lvl 1 of all force powers you could not use before..lvl 2 allows all lvl 2 powers 3 allows lvl 3...that way you can use force powers with armor...you just need to earn it..ohh look..I rambled

Kudos! Not being able to use the Force while in armor is a reasonable statement, but it is very extreme sometimes. Just some oher ideas:

- Limit it to 2 of the three classes. Imagine, a Consular with armor and his powers would be invincible.

- I suppose you mean it, but, if for example, we have at lvl 3 the 2nd power of a series, and have the "Force Armor Supress" ability, we will be able to use the first power in the series, which is less powerful, of course.

- And maybe restrict some powers even with the supress, there are a few way too powerful to be combined with armor, IE: the Force protection powers.

Remember: Balance is the key! I hope they do implement this idea, but try it over and over until it is not underpowered or overpowered.
 marvidchano
01-04-2006, 11:22 AM
I agree that the KotOR robes were awful. I did like the TSL robes. Yes they looked different than in the movies, but it was 4,000 years before the Star Wars Saga. Styles of clothes would be changing all the time. Especially over the next 4,000 years.
true but it was like someone puttin glue all over u and then stickin robes onto u! they were literally stuck to u
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 1:08 PM
Less complex idea: you hit a key, the hood goes up or down.
 Samurai DD
01-04-2006, 3:33 PM
Less complex idea: you hit a key, the hood goes up or down.

Yep, that is perfect for me. Simple and fast. No BS, just "I want my hood up or I want it down."
 Ransom
01-04-2006, 7:42 PM
i think when u are a dark jedi u should be able to create your own dark robe most dark lords have created there own robes like revan or Darth Vader
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 7:46 PM
I like the K1 robes. At first I thought they were awful, but over time I've grown rather fond of them, myself...I would like to see some in III, though not on all Jedi/Sith...
 Prime
01-05-2006, 10:29 AM
I like the K1 robes. At first I thought they were awful, but over time I've grown rather fond of them, myself...I would like to see some in III, though not on all Jedi/Sith...It would be nice to have them as an option at least.
 RobQel-Droma
01-05-2006, 6:10 PM
I would like it if that was what the padawan robes were, except a bit more like the TSL robes. Like some of the robes in TSL, except without the cloak or whatever. Those could be what the Jedi Padawan robes would be, mostly just the tunic.
 Achilles
01-05-2006, 6:31 PM
^^^^
I really like that idea! :)
 Jae Onasi
01-05-2006, 9:18 PM
I would like it if that was what the padawan robes were, except a bit more like the TSL robes. Like some of the robes in TSL, except without the cloak or whatever. Those could be what the Jedi Padawan robes would be, mostly just the tunic.

This could be cool-looking. I also like the idea of increasing level gives access to more robe parts. I'd like to see a few more types of Jedi armor, too. It wouldn't kill me if they didn't have a lot of fancy robes/armor, but I think it'd add to the atmosphere to have at least some options.
Page: 2 of 2