Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hunt mode!

Page: 1 of 1
 ParanoidAndroid
10-06-2005, 3:03 PM
Fineally some concrete info about hunt mode. The first update is at Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/starwarsbattlefront2/news.html?sid=6134977). Towards the end of the article they talk about hunt mode, theirs also three new videos showing some space battles.

Now THIS (http://wickettheewok.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5647119&pager.offset=0) site has some very good information, just scroll down past the interview to the screens. These reveal the units that will be predators, or prey.
 Micahc
10-06-2005, 5:39 PM
YES! It's confirmed I can be my ewok!
 Darth Andrew
10-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Mos Eisley looks MUCH better, and so does the brief glimpse of Theed (as in level design). Can't wait to gun down some wampas.
 ParanoidAndroid
10-07-2005, 6:00 AM
It looks like the Theed battle will take place during the night, judging by the lighting in the screen, and slaughtering jawas as tuskan raiders looks fun, or maybe it will be the other way around. It looks like jawas have weapons this time around. It's going to be so much fun mauling rebels with a wampa!
 darthkangaroo
10-07-2005, 8:36 AM
Its Been Confermied You guys Live in te past
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Hunt Mode is going to be quite interesting to play.
 MachineCult
10-07-2005, 7:58 PM
Its Been Confermied You guys Live in te past

And we're talking about it, thats the point of a message board.
 Darth Arrow
10-07-2005, 10:36 PM
It will be interesting to be a Wampa.. wonder what attacks they have
 Micahc
10-07-2005, 10:50 PM
It will be interesting to be a Wampa.. wonder what attacks they have
Chances are you smash 'em

Sweet! #100
 HordaK
10-08-2005, 8:52 AM
hmm "all part of instant action" does that mean that the Hunt mode is only available for 1 Human + Bots....i would like it more if its a Multiplayer mode....hunting a Human Rebel with a Wampa wouild be more fun than hunting only stupid AI
 Micahc
10-08-2005, 1:38 PM
Why wouldn't it be multiplayer?
 HordaK
10-08-2005, 2:02 PM
in the interview (one of the links above) is talked about the Hunt mode as part of Instant Action, you know, instant action is not Multiplayer...but i really hope it will become a multiplayer mode, otherwise its just a... dunno whats it then...
 McCusto
10-08-2005, 3:32 PM
Oooo, Ewoks look fun to play as. But I bet they will have a blaster pistol and not their crossbows or spears
 zerted
10-08-2005, 6:40 PM
Yea, Hunt Mode won't be very good aganist the AI. Make it multiplayer.
 Kurgan
10-08-2005, 7:00 PM
Well perhaps they don't have enough "time" to adapt it for Multiplayer. After all, in the PC version Galactic Conquest mode was single player only, yet I hear in the console version you could play it with two people...

So the same thing might happen to "Hunt" mode... hopefully not though! If they can't get it done in time for Nov. 1st, the least they can do is patch it in later. *fingers crossed*

Edit: On the other hand, SWBF1 on the PC did NOT allow multiple players to go against the computer in MP either, so perhaps it is some limitation of the engine (again, hopefully not).

Not letting people gang up on the computer is kind of crappy. Though I never tried to see what would happen if we had a bunch of people playing and then kicked all members of one team...
 ParanoidAndroid
10-08-2005, 8:02 PM
I think it will be for multiplayer, it isn't mentioned specificly but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not included. I really hope you can at least, single player can get old fast.
Page: 1 of 1