Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Beta: You can no longer "lie prone" ?!

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
10-05-2005, 6:04 PM
I just realized this today... apparently you can't "lie prone" or crawl anymore in the SWBF2 beta.

Or am I just missing something?

I don't know if this means it won't be in the full version... some people here were calling it "useless" (in SWBF1), but it would be a shame. It kind of added that little extra bit of realism, even if it wasn't used much (sort of like the cockpit views!). You can still crouch, but that's just not as cool!
 MachineCult
10-05-2005, 6:12 PM
I never used it to be honest,
But still theres no good reason to take it out, i'm sure loads of other people used it.
It might be just be in the beta.
 zerted
10-05-2005, 6:23 PM
I just realized this today... apparently you can't "lie prone" or crawl anymore in the SWBF2 beta.

Or am I just missing something?

I don't know if this means it won't be in the full version... some people here were calling it "useless" (in SWBF1), but it would be a shame. It kind of added that little extra bit of realism, even if it wasn't used much (sort of like the cockpit views!). You can still crouch, but that's just not as cool!

"<i>Useless</i>", not at all. I have gotten to many places others have only dreamed of being, through a compination of gernade jumping and crawling. Gernade jumping opens up a whole new world of places (not inside walls) you can get to and an entire new type of tactics, which I'm just starting to learn... Crawling lets you say on slopes you can't walk on, and lets you get to those places above the 'no fly zone' of the jet trooper. Who ever though crawing gets you higher than flying? If they take it out, it may be because somehow, the way they coded crawling, it bypasses some of their impassible map 'textures' :headbump :blast5: .
 Kurgan
10-05-2005, 6:58 PM
Hmm, didn't realize you could "grenade jump" in either game... I guess I just assumed it was a glitch! My mistake. ;)

Perhaps the crawling thing might explain why they removed it, to limit players and prevent them from "exploiting" hard to reach places or getting inside walls like that. Another cheap solution to a problem (like deleting maps that had glitches instead of fixing them). ;P

Hopefully they'll work those issues out and include it again in the full version!
 ParanoidAndroid
10-05-2005, 7:15 PM
I too hope going prone is still in the game, if something is considered "useless" then maybe they should try making it useful. Instead of just solving the problem quickly by removing it from the game entirely.
 Darth Andrew
10-05-2005, 8:51 PM
I found it dead useful to blast away baddies through tight openings on the floor. Shame, shame.
 yellowblood
10-05-2005, 9:20 PM
it's useful for snipers DUH
 zerted
10-05-2005, 10:07 PM
I found it dead useful to blast away baddies through tight openings on the floor. Shame, shame.
^^The number #1 reason they should keep it in the game.

Maybe its just not in the beta. The beta doesn't have dying animations, so mabe they didn't have time to draw the prone animations too. Just think of going prone with no animations... You would be invisible.
 yellowblood
10-06-2005, 9:35 AM
The prone thing is realy missing for me. I like to be a sniper and prone in a high platform, but when I do it with "docking" I'm an easier target.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-06-2005, 12:56 PM
The crawl/lie ability I found helpful when using snipers....too bad they took it out.
Page: 1 of 1