Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fanfiction

Page: 26 of 26
 shinzuku
10-27-2005, 4:10 PM
there's another one, where they all go to the mall, but they all act ooc.
 Purple Squid
10-27-2005, 4:11 PM
Mwhaahahaha RESURRECTION!!!

:( 10 fics on ff.net and already most of them are depressing...yea...random to bring that up...I'm just saying.

I KNOW. Klia wrote the Boyd one, though! I don't know who wrote the angsty-Raz one. :0
 alliespixie
10-27-2005, 4:13 PM
has anyone wrote one for ford?
 Zetz Darke
10-27-2005, 4:13 PM
Yeah :( It makes me sad. I go on and get depressed just reading the summary's. ^^ Klia's Boyd one is great...but other then that I can only stand reading a few others.
 Purple Squid
10-27-2005, 4:15 PM
Yeah :( It makes me sad. I go on and get depressed just reading the summary's. ^^ Klia's Boyd one is great...but other then that I can only stand reading a few others.

They're all 'aaaangst' and 'whiiiiine'. But, eh. To every man his own. All the obsessive fans have been to your page and has read less depressing stuff.

Tyraa's fic is up there, right? Two to Tango?
 Zetz Darke
10-27-2005, 4:39 PM
They're all 'aaaangst' and 'whiiiiine'. But, eh. To every man his own. All the obsessive fans have been to your page and has read less depressing stuff.

Tyraa's fic is up there, right? Two to Tango?

On ff.net? Yes hers is up.

Yea...i used to love angst when I was younger. Now I can't stand it.
 alliespixie
10-27-2005, 5:03 PM
do you know where i could read all of these stories? i have a lot of time on my hands.
 Klia
10-27-2005, 5:21 PM
Well one on Zetz's website. And the OFFICIAL FANFICTION THREAD.

Brought to you by the public service announcement for people by the people.
 Klia
10-27-2005, 5:23 PM

Thanks for saying that...I was going to pull it off.

The fics are deppresing...yes and no. Some of them I REALLY love and some of them I'm like "What the fuh..."
 Klia
10-27-2005, 5:24 PM
I KNOW. Klia wrote the Boyd one, though! I don't know who wrote the angsty-Raz one. :0

A; No Ford fics...but I plan to.

B: What angsty Raz one?

C: Has anybody else read the story of Oleander and Cheesenuggets?
 shinzuku
10-27-2005, 5:35 PM
c. I read it. It was kinda scary.
 Klia
10-27-2005, 5:36 PM
c. I read it. It was kinda scary.

It's by far my favorite story. Cheesenuggets transcends all levels. Chapter 2 was the best, Oleander's father was just pushing it. How did he get out of his mind?

Of course...I shouldn't be asking.
 shinzuku
10-27-2005, 5:40 PM
 TyraaRane
10-27-2005, 10:43 PM
C: Has anybody else read the story of Oleander and Cheesenuggets?

That one broke my brain. I didn't like it, personally, but...can't say why. Like I said, it broke my brain. (That and I just got out of a three hour staff/editorial meeting...I think I'm through critiquing anything for the next week. *THUD*)

I'm sure--or at least I hope--that there'll be some "happier" fics up eventually. (I hesitate to say "more in tone with the canon"...I mean, the game definitely has a dark side, it's just not delved into as deeply as it could have been. You could argue that fans are just exploring that side more--but that would be critiquing, and I'm not doing that tonight.) And you have to remember that FF.net has earned quite the bad reputation over the years...quite a few of the better writers don't post there anymore. I hesitate to, and only do with the "major" works, if only because it eats my blankety-blank-blank formatting, and I hate that. So FF.net is not the only place where good fic is going to get posted.
 Purple Squid
10-28-2005, 5:18 AM
FF.net isn't a place for me to go often. There's only so much 'H/D' or 'H/R' a person can take without having the letter translater in their brain snap in half. Plus I don't normally read angst--anyone can angst. I want dragons in my story. :0
 Klia
10-28-2005, 6:21 AM
That one broke my brain. I didn't like it, personally, but...can't say why. Like I said, it broke my brain. (That and I just got out of a three hour staff/editorial meeting...I think I'm through critiquing anything for the next week. *THUD*)

I'm sure--or at least I hope--that there'll be some "happier" fics up eventually. (I hesitate to say "more in tone with the canon"...I mean, the game definitely has a dark side, it's just not delved into as deeply as it could have been. You could argue that fans are just exploring that side more--but that would be critiquing, and I'm not doing that tonight.) And you have to remember that FF.net has earned quite the bad reputation over the years...quite a few of the better writers don't post there anymore. I hesitate to, and only do with the "major" works, if only because it eats my blankety-blank-blank formatting, and I hate that. So FF.net is not the only place where good fic is going to get posted.

See the thing with Psychonauts is you can take it as deep as you want. Insanity, suicide, and death are deep subjects and yet Psychonauts is considered a humorous game that delves into people's emotions. The thing with fanfics is that they tend to only look at one side, the humour or the darker side. We need them to come together for them to really be in the Psychonats line.

I like critiquing. It's what I do.
 DarthAve
10-28-2005, 2:24 PM
You're a critic? ME HATE CRITICS!! RAWR!
 Klia
10-28-2005, 2:26 PM
You're a critic? ME HATE CRITICS!! RAWR!

*Grabs Jasper Cloak and runs.*

On second thought

*Grabs Jasper*
 DarthAve
10-28-2005, 2:27 PM
Yes, run in fear of my purse smacking abilities.
 Purple Squid
10-28-2005, 2:29 PM
*Grabs Jasper Cloak and runs.*

On second thought

*Grabs Jasper*

...oh? Does someone have an affinity to Jasper? Or are you saving his buns from Darth's fury? Most likely the CHINESE FINGER CUFF ATTACK.
 DarthAve
10-28-2005, 2:30 PM
I have fury?
 Klia
10-28-2005, 2:30 PM
Oh god, I have to go on dictionary.com again to look up affinity. And here I thought I was smart acing my statwide vocab test.

No Darth has purse attack, DUH
 Purple Squid
10-28-2005, 2:31 PM
Oh god, I have to go on dictionary.com again to look up affinity. And here I thought I was smart acing my statwide vocab test.

No Darth has purse attack, DUH

DON'T GO! It means 'affection', 'connection'. 'Link'.
 Klia
10-28-2005, 2:32 PM
1.A natural attraction, liking, or feeling of kinship.
2.Relationship by marriage.
3.An inherent similarity between persons or things. See Synonyms at likeness.
4.Biology. A relationship or resemblance in structure between species that suggests a common origin.
5.Immunology. The attraction between an antigen and an antibody.
6.Chemistry. An attraction or force between particles that causes them to combine.

Number 6 please?
 DarthAve
10-28-2005, 2:33 PM
Yum, cookie. the fury is gone.
 Klia
10-28-2005, 2:33 PM
DON'T GO! It means 'affection', 'connection'. 'Link'.
Well now I really have to go.

Awaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
 DarthAve
10-28-2005, 2:34 PM
No, darth's fury is gone.
 Purple Squid
10-28-2005, 2:34 PM
Well now I really have to go.

Awaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Dang. Well, I mgith haf speeled it rong, bcuz its ben a wyle sense i used it.
 Zetz Darke
10-28-2005, 3:25 PM
Thanks for saying that...I was going to pull it off.

The fics are deppresing...yes and no. Some of them I REALLY love and some of them I'm like "What the fuh..."

hehe, pulling it off would down the value of that section :) We NEED to keep the good fics on.

Sigh...I hate my stories when angst leaks in. People seem to like it...and when they do I'm like BLECH! and I have to write parts of my stories while constantly rolling my eyes and making constant trips to refill my coffee mug so that I have enough caffiene to finish the bloody chapter.
 Purple Squid
10-28-2005, 3:27 PM
"What business are we in? The damned business!!!"

I love Terry Pratchet.

Anyway, I want to be able to write like Lemony Snicket. That man is an inspiration.
 Zetz Darke
10-28-2005, 3:31 PM
"What business are we in? The damned business!!!"

I love Terry Pratchet.

Anyway, I want to be able to write like Lemony Snicket. That man is an inspiration.

Hehe...I still need to read the rest of that series. I love his name tho. A man who can come up with a name like Lemony Snicket should be praised.
 Purple Squid
10-28-2005, 3:34 PM
Hehe...I still need to read the rest of that series. I love his name tho. A man who can come up with a name like Lemony Snicket should be praised.

His twelfth book came out and I didn't buy it because I was stupid. D:
 Zetz Darke
10-28-2005, 3:36 PM
Sigh :(
I need money for books. I've had to settle for my school Library and there selection kind of sux.
 Purple Squid
10-28-2005, 3:37 PM
Sigh :(
I need money for books. I've had to settle for my school Library and there selection kind of sux.

My library, living in the south and all, has burned all the interesting books. Even Tom Sawyer. It's surprising what they got rid of because it was 'corrupting the minds of children'...

I'm going to start practicing my writing style again. Something about how 'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings' makes me want to not follow the grammar rules.
 Zetz Darke
10-28-2005, 3:41 PM
Lol.

Ugh...people are weird about books sometimes, they get so uptight...
 Purple Squid
10-28-2005, 3:44 PM
Lol.

Ugh...people are weird about books sometimes, they get so uptight...

Yeah, and the south isn't too open-minded about all of the books I've ever read.

AND THEY STILL WON'T BURN 'THE INDIAN IN THE CUPBOARD'. Why don't they get rid of that book? Erg.
 Smon
10-28-2005, 3:45 PM
My library, living in the south and all, has burned all the interesting books. Even Tom Sawyer. It's surprising what they got rid of because it was 'corrupting the minds of children'...

I'm going to start practicing my writing style again. Something about how 'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings' makes me want to not follow the grammar rules.
Don't burn Tom Sawyer! I spent 8 hours editing out the sassback!
 Purple Squid
10-28-2005, 3:48 PM
I can see why they got rid of it, though. The 'special names for different people' really don't help today with all the rap stuff going around. But it's an american classic. Speaking of which, I read an excellent little compare/contrast thing.

Anyway, I want to write like the Snick. Because he's awesome. :<
Page: 26 of 26