Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Planets in KotOR III

Page: 1 of 4
 starmark2k
08-13-2005, 3:00 PM
This is like the Characters In KotOR III thread i started but with planets, What planets would you like to visit in KotOR III. Do you want planets from the previous KotOR, from the films, From the EU or a completly new world to visit. What could you do there (side quests) and why do yo want to see it. Also what planet do you not want to visit?

Personally i would like to actually go to coruscant and do things there like fight crime and visit the senate and the jedi temple. I also would like to visit the massassi tempkes on yavin 4.

This time round i do not want to go to Dantooine or Korriban, i think we have seen alll we can see there.
 Mira Dona
08-13-2005, 3:07 PM
I would like to see all the planets from the previous games, plus a couple others. I think Yavin 4 is a good idea, but I would LOVE to see Alderaan. We never get to see Alderaan, not even in the prequels or comics! I think its about time. . .
 Magus Kyros
08-13-2005, 3:24 PM
I hope they're done with Korriban. There is nothing left to do there anymore.

I do hope we can go to Coruscant this time.
 Snafu7
08-13-2005, 3:25 PM
Dantooine will be back for sure is my guess, I would like to see alderaan and yavin IV as well, IMO coruscant would be way too big to put into the game, and it there just wouldn't be alot there besides a bunch of buildings, which isn't that interesting.
 XMan3223
08-13-2005, 3:52 PM
I agree that it would be sweet to go to Coruscant maybe even start out at the jedi temple and train there for the first part of the game. Alderaan would be awesome to see I'd like to see Mon Calamari I think that the art design of Mon Cal and Alderaan if they made them would be just out of this world.
 Aleggy
08-13-2005, 4:24 PM
id like dantooine to be somewhere you visit as well as alderran, and maybe the heidden planet from k1 but other than that i cant wait to see what they come up with
 btyte
08-13-2005, 4:41 PM
Since most likely we'll be going into "Unknown Regions", It would be cool if there was a certain planet that went by the Chaos Theory or parallel universe. For example, say a certain planet looks strangely familiar to Taris but different things happen then what really happened on Taris. Twileks rule the world and the Sith are slaves (lol, idk, i'm just spit balling really)

Aside from that, here are some planets I would like to see:

Corellia, Dantoine, Alderaan, Yavin 4 (especially with the native Massassi), and Kessel (good for racing, and just sounds cool from the SW Databank)
 ChAiNz.2da
08-13-2005, 4:53 PM
Just a few I'd like to see... though how they could fit into the storyline / timeline will be the Devs job... hehehe ;)

- Coruscant (we all have our reasons for this one) ;)

- Ilum (icy, cold world known for saber crystals)

- Myrkr (interesting little planet with a species of salamander that can render Force Powers useless, has a the creature called "vornskrs" that attacks Force Sensitives & plus home to alot of smuggling due to the 'metal' content trees making scanner use impossible).. would be a nice "challenge"

- Felucia (Fungal Planet... ie, Aalya's deathscene location)

- Mustafar (Outer Rim Planet, lava, aka Final Battle Scene between Obi & Ani/Vader)

- Raxus Prime (Outer Rim Planet, literally a "junk" planet.. great locale for Jawas without having to re-visit Tatooine)

- Corellia (Big Ships, open plains & the city of Coronet bustling with varied Alien species).. plus a known locale for "pirating" and could "connect" a possible smuggling mission between it and Myrkr
 Mono_Giganto
08-13-2005, 5:09 PM
Well, if I had to guess, the game will take place mostly on planets unknown to us. Hence going into the Uknown Regions. Though I would like to see something similar to Bespin. ;) A floating gas mining station would be cool.
 Mira Dona
08-13-2005, 5:09 PM
and Kessel (good for racing, and just sounds cool from the SW Databank)

Yeah and you can harvest spice from the mines and smuggle it to other planets for a tidy sum of credits, now thats a cool side quest!
 Snafu7
08-13-2005, 5:18 PM
- Corellia (Big Ships, open plains & the city of Coronet bustling with varied Alien species).. plus a known locale for "pirating" and could "connect" a possible smuggling mission between it and Myrkr

I forgot about corellia, that's be a pretty cool planet to add.
 Commas
08-13-2005, 5:45 PM
Origiannmlyt posted by Mira Donna:
I would LOVE to see Alderaan. We never get to see Alderaan, not even in the prequels or comics! I think its about time. . .

you do see a little bit of Alderaan at the very end of epIII when bail is delievering baby leia to his wife. And from that tiny glimpse at the surface of alderaan i can say that i definetly want to see Alderaan included in k3. it was freaking gorgeous. Tall cities near the peaks of snow capped mountians. I'd say that if alderaan were included in K3 it would rival "Unknown World" for most beautiful kotor location. I'd also really like to see corellia, mostly cause i want more smuggling missions, i think the atmosphere would be really cool (except that those tend to be dark in nature, which is a bummer, cause i usually play lightside) Hoth, or another ice world. probably more chance of seeing Ilum as the ice world tho because of saber crystals. I really have no desire to see Coruscant. we see enough of that planet in the prequels movies, in the games i want to go to places i haven't seen yet. besides, taris was enough like coruscant for me. Yavin 4 would be a good world for the climax because of all the darkside energy, plus the jungle and massasi temples would be really great to explore. Dxun's jungle just wasn't big enough for me tho, so yavin would have to be huge, so it doesnt feel so linear. However, considering where the story seemed to be heading at the end of K2, what i'm expecting is a bunch of planets i've never heard of, which doesnt excite me as much as the prospect of visiting planets i've heard of but never seen.

I as well am also over Korriban and Dantooine, especially cause those too planets didn't really excite me in the first two games either, and god i hope there is no return to Manaan planned, i can't stand that fishtalk. My favorite planets for K1 were Kashyyyk, Tatooine and Unknown World. Favorites for K2 were Dxun and Onderon
 Mira Dona
08-13-2005, 5:56 PM
you do see a little bit of Alderaan at the very end of epIII when bail is delievering baby leia to his wife. And from that tiny glimpse at the surface of alderaan i can say that i definetly want to see Alderaan included in k3. it was freaking gorgeous. Tall cities near the peaks of snow capped mountians.

Come to think of it, I don't remember even noticing the background during that scene. But it sounds great though, deffinately must see Alderaan in K3.

I'd also really like to see corellia, mostly cause i want more smuggling missions, i think the atmosphere would be really cool

A lot of people have been mentioning that, the more I think about it the more I like the idea. And it sounds like it would be much more interesting than going to Coruscant, to me at least. I've had just about enough of it with all books, prequels, and comics. So long as we get to see some planets which we have never been to before then I'd be cool with that.
 Jeff
08-13-2005, 5:56 PM
I want Coruscant, Correlia, Mustafar, and I want Tatooine again.

And I'll bet we'll either get Korriban or Dantooine again.
 Snafu7
08-13-2005, 6:00 PM
I as well am also over Korriban and Dantooine, especially cause those too planets didn't really excite me in the first two games either, and god i hope there is no return to Manaan planned, i can't stand that fishtalk.

If they do make another game, I can almost garuntee that dantooine will be included, and I hope to God that Manan stays the hell away from the next KotOR.
 Smilodon
08-13-2005, 8:03 PM
I want all the planets we already know plus a bunch of new ones, especially Coruscant, the core world of the Republic. All in all they need to be bigger than in KOTOR I and II.
 JoshVoidstalker
08-13-2005, 8:25 PM
Yes to Aldeeaan, Correlia, Mustafar (lava is cool), Yavin 4 (jungle!), A Bespin clone, maybe an asteroid station. I want to see Telos again, check in on the reconstruction. How about the Czerka Corp homeworld (In the corporate sector i pressume). Coruscant and the senate chambers would be cool, as well as the seedy down below area seen in Ep. I. Kamino? Hoth? Dagobah? Naboo? How about Juhani's homeworld, or the mandalorian world?

Dantoine and Tatooine have been done to death. Especially Dantoine; I don't see how a world like Dantoine would remain a minor colony for much longer, given its apparant fecundity. It would seen become an agri-corp world, breadbasket for the likes of Coruscant. Unless maybe it has a badass winter...

Korriban has been done as well, unless we finally get to see the depths of the catacombs. How about a Hive world, like unto WH 40K. A giant city-spire miles high (doubling as an orbital elevator as well) with immense factories and foundries at its base, and an endless ash waste of devestation (and mutants!) stretching out as far as the eye can see.

just my 2 cents...
 Jeff
08-13-2005, 8:28 PM
How about Juhani's homeworld
That's Taris :)
 Mira Dona
08-13-2005, 8:30 PM
That's Taris :)

He's probably referring to Cathar.
 JoshVoidstalker
08-13-2005, 8:42 PM
He's probably referring to Cathar.

yeah that one
 Jeff
08-13-2005, 8:44 PM
yeah that one
Ahh. Well, my mistake.

And welcome to the forums :)
 JediWatchman
08-14-2005, 3:44 PM
I think we should go to ALL of the planets we've seen in KotOR I and II plus a lot of new ones. I think we should be able to go to different parts of the planets we've already been to (like the jungle of Onderon instead of Iziz again). We should be able to go to more parts of the planets rather than just one city. My favorite planets from KotOR were Taris and Kashyyyk. My favorite planets from TSL were (well actually not planets but moons) were Nar Shadaa and Dxun.
 IndianaSolo
08-14-2005, 5:08 PM
I only really have two wishes in terms of planets:

1-They not reuse planets. What made TSL a bit disappointing and somewhat short was the fact both Dantooine and Korriban was reused. Not surprisingly those were my two least favorite planets in TSL.

2-Coruscant. It's the center of the galaxy and it would be a fitting end to the KOTOR series if the most famous and influential planet is in it.
 MdKnightR
08-14-2005, 7:55 PM
Since the 3rd installment of the series will likely still revolve around Revan, they need to include his/her homeworld as well.
 Bastila
08-15-2005, 6:32 AM
Coruscant would be a good start i love them to put that in the game, also Korriban cool place, i think Dantooine will be there i liked it there anyway, and maybe telos.
 Aleggy
08-15-2005, 10:16 AM
i have to agree korriban is a cool place to visit, or at least is was in kotor 1 but in kotor 2 it was boring at best imho, if they do include korriban this time round i hope they improve on k2's performance
 IndianaSolo
08-15-2005, 1:29 PM
i have to agree korriban is a cool place to visit, or at least is was in kotor 1 but in kotor 2 it was boring at best imho, if they do include korriban this time round i hope they improve on k2's performance

Korriban was interesting in KOTOR I, but boring in KOTOR II. The only redeeming part about it in KOTOR II was the cave in which you revisit your past. I thought that was a really neat touch, but unfortunately the rest of the planet seemed like it was put together in a rush.

I really hope we don't see it again, nor Dantooine, nor Tatooine, nor any of the other planets we've already seen.
 Soogz
08-15-2005, 3:00 PM
I would like to explore the Outer Rim more, and also would be able to return to some of the original planets. Most of all, I would like to explore Exar Kun's tomb, that would be pretty cool.
 IndianaSolo
08-15-2005, 4:56 PM
I would like to explore the Outer Rim more, and also would be able to return to some of the original planets. Most of all, I would like to explore Exar Kun's tomb, that would be pretty cool.

You mean on Yavin IV?
 Mira Dona
08-15-2005, 5:08 PM
Most of all, I would like to explore Exar Kun's tomb, that would be pretty cool.

I hear this pretty often, it seems like a lot of people want this too, thought its actually a temple and not a tomb. I hope they put it in, but I'm unsure as to whether or not Exar Kun should make an appearance.
 Andrelvis
08-16-2005, 12:21 AM
My choice of new planets:

Alderaan(As someone has cited above, it has never been shown)
Coruscant(Would be very nice to go to the Jedi temple, and maybe even some interaction with the senate?)
Csilla(home of the Chiss;because, after all, Revan DID go to the Unknown Regions)
Mon Calamari(The coolest species live there!:))
Unknown Planet of the Rakata(again yes, but we need to have more revealed about the Rakata!)
 Sabretooth
08-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Here's the planets that I say:

Coruscant: It's thje capital and a ton of things are done there. I think it would be a great idea to use it as some sort of home base so that the protagonist can stock up on resources and such. Something like Dantooine of KotOR 1.
Kril'Dor: It's the Kel'Dor's homeplanet and a mission of it was featured in Jedi Academy. It's a great place, a bit like cloud city with buildings and walkways floating in the air and all. It's known for gas and such so it'll be great to have a mission where you save a gas plant or destroy it or something of the sort.
Yavin IV: Yavin has a lot of potential for inclusion in the kotor series. Exar Kun built quite some temples in there and it's a great place with a lot of scope for missions. The trees will need heavy system requirements, though.
The Unknown Planet: As Andrelvis said, Unknown Planet too has a lot to explore and the Rakata secrets are yet only touched.
Chandrila: Another cool planet, home to some Jedi tombs and such. It is very mountainous and rocky and tons of gorges in there.

Of course, there should be new planets.
 General Kenobi
08-18-2005, 9:50 PM
I agree with ChAiNz up there. ;) I'd love to see Illum with blizzard effects and all. :D I'd like to be able to explore the caverns as well as maybe a settlement on the surface. Not to mention the "Jedi Caverns" or whatever they are called. ;)

:ben:
General Kenobi
 DarthPeldorJoi
08-19-2005, 2:44 PM
I would like to see courscant, alderran, naboo. i think mon calamari, being an oceanic world, would bee too much like manaan. no more dantooine or korriban!!!!!!!!!! I would also like to see more than the four main quest planets. I would like too see more planets but you don't have to go to all of them to beat the game. I think it would bee cool to be able too see actual locations from the film designed to duplicate the location. For example the senate rotunda or chancellor's office. i would also like to be able to address the senate.
 Commas
08-19-2005, 3:14 PM
^^^ star wars politics never really interested me all that much. i think the simpsons said it best: Bart: That sucked.
Lisa: I can't believe 'The Gathering Shadow' was senate redistricting.
Comic Book Guy: Worst Cosmic Wars Ever !! I will only see it three more times ... today.

Pernsonally, i don't really want to see a bunch of planets i've already seen a billion times in the movies. Coruscant for me was way over done in the prequel movies, and not that interesting to begin with. After the prequels, i'm honestly just a little bored with coruscant and would rather the devs spent the time they had make new experiences than stuff i've already seen a billion times. I'd like to see stuff that was mentioned but never actually seen anywhere before, like correllia, ord mandell and alderaan (which i tried to find some screen caps of, but i think i wont be able to find any until the epIII dvd comes out, but i swear you see it, Bail's ship does a fly over and you see a snow capped mountain landscape with retro seventies futuristic style buildings, and then there is a shot of Bail delevering baby Leia to his wife, does anyone else remember this???)

basically i think i'd be ok with every planet mentioned in this thread so far, especially ones like Yavin 4 and Corellia where i know there would lots of potential for fun missions, but considering where we were at the end of K2, coruscant just doesn't make much sense to me. the jedi order is dead or in hiding at the end of K2, so the temple will be deserted. there will be the senate, but thats boring, and there is the gritty underworld, but this aspect could be done much better on Corellia. The is the rich upscale part of coruscant where the rich live, but this could be done on Alderaan. I think the reason i like alderaan so much is that its been an important planet since the first star wars, but other than the fact that its leia's homeworld we don't know anything about it (i've never read any EU books, so forgive me if its been explored there) but hey, thats just my two cents, if they do put coruscant in the game, i'll still play it and think its awesome, and all of you coruscant fans out there, i'm not trying to offend you, so don't take this personal or anything
 zippydsm
08-19-2005, 3:54 PM
Boreing is boreing even if its new,I hope they keep thigns fresh and give the palyer the abilty to go outside town aeras and level up!
 Commas
08-19-2005, 4:58 PM
^^^i agree, just look at manaan, brand new planet, incredibly boring, however the star wars universe is so big and has so much potential, that i find seeing the same few places over and over again boring. I'm not saying that i think any missions based on coruscant would be boring, they could be great, i'm just saying choosing to use a planet that we've seen so many times in the movies and other games like coruscant is just boring in general.

and i totally agree with your other point, there should be more room for exploration, like going out side the main town areas. K1 did this with almost all the planets, kashyyyk took your from the czerka settlement to the wookiee village and then down to the shadow lands. in tatooine you went out to the desert, and manaan took you under the ocean, but TSL really cuts down on this aspect. Sure eventually you get to go to telos surface, but that was about it. it was kinda frustrating to hear about the beast riders and all the jungles of onderon out side of Iziz's walls and not be able to go out there. perhaps some locations that are less linear in the next game would be a nice change.

EDIT: Mono found me this pic of Alderaan (http://simonz.web.elte.hu/wallp/alderaan.jpg)!) See i told you guys you see it in epIII. That would look fantastic in KOTOR
 Emperor Devon
08-19-2005, 6:25 PM
I think they should have Korriban, Dantooine, Ziost, Ossus, Coruscant (The True Sith could be sieging it), Taris, Csilla, The moon Naga Sadow built his base on, and other planets in the True Sith Empire.
 biscuitneilston
08-19-2005, 6:29 PM
I certainly dont want to see Korriban again, in the second game it felt like there was like nothing to do and they had maybe just run out of ideas lol...I would like to see Coruscant, purely because it's one of the great worlds in the universe and it would be good to see how the artists protray it when its 4000 years previous to what they're used to.
Apart from that I dont mind much...but one thing I think is important is that there are WAY more people in the citys! Nar Shaddah was hyped to be the 'place to get lost in', but the moon was deserted but for a few refugees!
 Manny C
08-19-2005, 10:45 PM
bear in mind that "unknown regions" is just unexplored areas in the galaxy. could be a whole bunch of places from the movies/EU that just havent been explored yet.

Yavin IV would be cool, id like so see suvam again, hes a champ
 witchfinder
08-20-2005, 1:53 AM
I'd definitely love to see Bespin and Corellia. Oh and perhaps Alderaan. Aren't the people there stereotyped as pacifists? Imagine the Dark Side possibilities! I think half of the game should be you visiting 5 well known planets, and the other half should be where you visit the "unknown regions", like 5 Sith planets.
 Andrelvis
08-20-2005, 12:07 PM
bear in mind that "unknown regions" is just unexplored areas in the galaxy. could be a whole bunch of places from the movies/EU that just havent been explored yet.

Not really so. The 'Unknown Regions' is a definite region, what is unknown is what is in there, not where it is.
 TheOssusKeeper
08-20-2005, 6:59 PM
Well i'd like to see in K3 (planet wise) is:
Coruscant
Hoth
Naboo
Alderaan
Dagobah
Endor
Yavin
Bespin and my personal Fav.
Ossus

oh and anything in the unknown regions... :thumbsup:
 Lightsider
08-20-2005, 11:48 PM
Oh what a world they have created. But wouldnt it be nice to go to the planet that Yuthura ban was from,(straheyron) also if they would leave all the planets from the original two and add Corusant. As we all know the new X-box360 and the Playstation3 are going to be so powerfull that they will be able to do this, not to mention the amount of information that can be put on a single disk. Now if they would also expand these planets so more exploration can be done and craft these games so the can be more tailor made to our individual playing stlyes.

I cant wait to see where these next gen platforms will take this!!
Maybe us console gamers will have something to look forward to like the P.C gamers have.
 TheOssusKeeper
08-21-2005, 12:08 AM
it would be cool to have about 12 to 18 planets in the game, instead of about 6 or 7, it would also be cool to be able to book passage on private and commercial transports to get from one planet to the next as well as being able to purchase your very own ship, instead of getting hand-me-downs, or stealing them, however, stealing a ship would be cool also, hehehe :D
 DarthSquee
08-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Well for KOTOR III's sake, I hope theres some new planets that weve never heard of. I liked going to dantooie and korriban in TSL but not for a third time lol. But heres my list for K3

Coruscant (duh)
Mon Calamari
Dathomir
Myrkr (tatooinish planet)
Yavin 4
 JoshVoidstalker
08-21-2005, 2:16 AM
How about a planet with varied biomes? Instead of the "Desert", "Ice", "Jungle", "Plains", and "Lava" varieties of one hit wonders?
 MonCalamaerosta
08-23-2005, 3:42 AM
I didn't feel like reading all of the posts, but I like the idea of Coruscant, if it can be done well. I would be very disappointed if Coruscant was a city block or two with lots of drop off and tall walls boxing you into a little cage by a landing pad. (cough. Nar Shadaa. cough.) I think what is more likely is that the majority, or atleast an equal portion of the game will take place in the unknown regions, where both revan and the exile (assuming DS, but Malachor is pretty jacked up, we'll call it unknown) set off to. I think that's a very good idea, and would do a lot to continue the story and bring a sort of resolution to the series... that is unless they want to cook up a fourth... and fifth. If that's the case, they can take us where ever.
 Ragnos
08-23-2005, 5:56 AM
I would like to see the Mandalorian planet(Mandalore?),The Jedi temple on Coruscant, and different planets in the Unknown Regions.

I loved Dantooine and Korriban in K1, Korriban K1 was the best planet so far in the series. Korriban k2 dissapointed me.
 starmark2k
08-23-2005, 6:36 AM
I would like to see the Mandalorian planet(Mandalore?),The Jedi temple on Coruscant, and different planets in the Unknown Regions.

We have it's called Malachor, at the end of K2
Page: 1 of 4