Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Planets in KotOR III

Page: 3 of 4
 Phantom Joker
07-16-2006, 1:37 PM
Ithor. Never been there...
 Force Lightning
07-16-2006, 5:02 PM
I think we need Korriban in there somewhere. Perhaps where the final duel takes place, seeing as it is strong with the Dark Side, making it seem like the right place for the duel to take place. Erm... perhaps an early look at Nabbo, getting to see what it looked like a few thousand years before the films. Also, as some people have said, Taris - the rebuilding phase, like Telos was in KOTOR II. And lastly a new planet, seeing as they like to add new planets into games.
 jonathan7
07-16-2006, 7:47 PM
Telos restoration zones!!! maybe catch up again with bao durr, and hava better look around! maybe visit an abondoned polar academy as well

Naboo - the captial city thieves (sp) see what it looks like 4000 years before episode 1, enjoyed the PM game as thieves looked awesome!

we all want courscant, even tho im not actually a big fan of the city i want to be able to go to the 'room with a 1000 fountains has run dry.... etc' that kreia refers to in TSL an see whatever it was that predates the jedi temple (the jedi have always owned that land, but donno if the temple was there in its form shown in the films

ilum for the lightsaber crystals an a look around or ossus to see the ruined planet see if you can find any jedi stuff

alderaan or yavin 4 (surface, tho a trip to visit a now abandoned space station with a few cool odds and ends to salvage would be cool

gotta hav korriban in there, but be able to explore more of it!
 T.Nova
07-16-2006, 9:42 PM
I'd like to see completely new plantes, planets that weren't in any of the movies, or games, except, of course, Coruscant. That's a must.

What you kidding me? There's like a thousand planets in SW, most of them are simply referenced in books and such. Last thing we need are completely new planets. I mean this gives you a fair idea of just how many there are.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_planets)
 igyman
07-17-2006, 6:08 AM
No, the last thing we need is a sequel where all you do is revisit worlds you've already seen. Revisit one or two, that's fine, but the rest have to be new and preferably not from the movies. (I've seen all of Tatooine and Dantooine I can stand and I can't stand no more).
I think the Twi'Lek homeworld would be interesting to see, or maybe Mon Calamari.
 The Architect
08-18-2006, 8:47 AM
The planets I want to see in KOTOR III are...

Dxun
M4-78
Sleheyron
Alderaan
Myrkr
Khar Delba/Khar Shian
Thule
Ziost

Like everyone else, I have my reasonings (plot and roleplaying reasons) for why I would like to/want to visit these planets in KOTOR III. That's all I'll say...
 lessthanjake2
08-18-2006, 4:13 PM
I dont want all the planets to be mainly human planets. I want planets where there are alien cultures in the majority that have their own ways to do things. It is interesting to be dropped into a culture you dont totally understand. To me that make Kashyyk and Manaan great.
 generalvaklu321
08-18-2006, 9:16 PM
Of course, Coruscant. You should be able to migle with the politics of the Republic, e.g. persuading, bribing, extorting, supporting, , etc. Also, swing by Telos again. Oh yeah, unless you are there for 2 seconds, drop Korriban. It was great in KOTOR 1, is sucked in 2.

They should also have tons of planets. You should only have to go to a certain amount, making the replay value of the game high.

Mostly, Coruscant, they've been putting that off for a while. It's probably because it has soooo many opurtunities, they programmers dont want to bother
 Lomall
08-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Any place is fine as long as it isn't Tatooine. There have been way too many trips there as it is.
 Jae Onasi
08-18-2006, 11:35 PM
As long as the landscape doesn't feature endless sand, endless rocks, or endless snow, I'll be happy with pretty much any planets.
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-04-2006, 2:53 PM
Personally I'd like to see the following:

Ziost: From what I understand, it's practically right next door to Korriban and may even be considered its sister planet. It's pretty important because the Sith species existed there as well as on Korriban (I'm guessing some of them were transferred there by their Rakatan slavers during the days of the Infinite Empire, since the Sith were far too primitive, even in 7,000 BBY, to have known of space travel on their own). It was also where the capital of their kingdom was moved for a time, and from where the Sith king ruled. It should deffinately play a part in the KOTOR saga.

Coruscant: This is a no-brainer. Capital of the Republic and home of the Jedi. There should deffinately be a part of the game where the player traverses the Jedi Temple.

Yavin IV: The place where Exar Kun raised his army of Massassi warriors, died, and returned 4,000 years later to terrorize the New Jedi. Also the future base for the Rebel Alliance home to the New Jedi Order. We may battle some of the leftover Massassi from days past.

Tython: Birthplace of the Jedi Order. Perhaps some ancient ruins may shed some light on the Order's enigmatic origins. It was a place where the Force Wars were waged between various religions and philosophies, out of which the Jedi were born; so it's probably extremely high in Force activity, both light and dark. This world was also cleansed of Tarrentaktics during the Great Hunt. Perhaps there are still a few lurking in the shadows?

Ossus: Home to the Jedi Order for many, many millenia. Right up until just before the games, no less. There's deffinately got to be something important to be uncovered there.

Corbos: The world on which the Dark Jedi were defeated before being exiled to the Outer Rim, where they came upon Korriban and Ziost and their native species: the Sith. Deffinately important.

Various Outer Rim Worlds: Home to the mysterious "true Sith."

Chainz has chained my thread.
 Diego Varen
10-04-2006, 4:46 PM
After thinking about what Planets should be in the game, I thought of my list.

Coruscant: As many have already said, the place to learn the ways of the Force, become a Jedi, etc. This could also be like the Taris/Peragus Training opening level after the Prologue.

Alderaan: This Planets needs to be seen. Our only chance to see it was in ROTS, near the end. Perhaps it could be like the Dxun of KOTOR III.

Yavin IV: Though I like Korriban, Yavin IV could be the replacement for the tombs, etc. Also, perhaps an old friend from KOTOR could meet you there...

Mygeeto: Other than ROTS and Battlefront II, this Planet wasn't seen much. I like the Planet and it could have potential as the snowy Planet, instead of the Polar Regions on Telos and Hoth. Mygeeto could also be a Republic base.

Sleheyron: A cut Planet from KOTOR. It needs to be seen, other than severa screenshots, etc. However the lava Planet could be Mustafar, but I'd rather see Sleheyron, because I doubt Mustafar would be much, without the Droid factory.

Unknown Regions: To find the True Sith and perhaps these could be the final Planets of the game.
 igyman
10-04-2006, 5:24 PM
Here's my latest list:
Coruscant: As it has been said over and over already, this is a must.
Csilla: I know this is a long shot, but I'd really like to see the Chiss homeworld.
Myrkr: Ysalamiri and all that.
Muunilist: Could be an interesting world.
Ryloth: Twi'Leks, what more need be said? :naughty:
Ithor: Yup, the flying herdship cities would be a very spectacular sight.
Mon Calamari: A watery world and it's not Manaan (which everybody hates for some strange reason)
The homeworld/headquarters of the True Sith: a planet located either deep in the Unknown Regions, or somewhere at the very edge of the galaxy.
 Jediphile
10-04-2006, 5:50 PM
Coruscant: Clearly a must
Alderaan: Like the man said - it's about time
Myrkr: Wonderful twist in a jedi game
Sleheyron: Cut from one game, mentioned in the other. To be seen!
Khar Delba/Khar Shian: Private world of Naga Sadow, complete with secret moon
Rhelg: Private world of Ludo Kressh
Ziost: Throneworld of the Sith Empire. Read: No-brainer
 General Kenobi
10-04-2006, 6:06 PM
How about Corusant ONLY IF it is an actual city/planet rather than a 10 things to do Taris like in KI. ;) I'd like to see bounty hunter missions, bounty hunters for hire as followers (some very powerful but expensive). How about custom return here to get paid from different organizations like the Exchange, Cerka, etc. for doing custom quests? A rogue Jedi here or there to either contend with or based on your alliance purchase their loyality as followers. Custom shops with a wide variety of items. How about a senate house you can visit to listen to debates on your events in the galaxy.

Assignment of day/night settings to vary player effects/powers/combat etc based on their stats. (It's NEVER night in Star Wars Land) ;)

An actual house or home base other than the Ebon Hawk for storage and the like. Ability to leave followers for as long as you like "at home" without any ramifications.

I agree Alderaan should be a given as it's a CORE planet as core as you get with the galaxy revolving around the people it produces or the planet itself.

Sleheyron is another Tattoonie knockoff that they won't do just because of that; global appeal. ;)

Private worlds like Rhelg would appeal to a few but general SW fans would be like "where the heck is that?"

I think if the plot keeps with what it "hints" at, it will be a Sith Empire from outside the known rim where the Sith Lords escaped too when the original Sith planet was overthrown or the like.

I really think they should rehash ALL of the worlds encountered in KOTOR 1 & 2 plus add at least 6 more for the new core content of the game. Unique ones like Jediphile and others mentioned like Alderaan and the like.

Stretch off to custom oddball planets with vague references or the like and your in trouble. Thats why in the end they'll only go for core worlds that are very well known like Mon Calimari that are fundamental to the SW universe. Or thats my 2 cents anywho. ;)
 HerbieZ
10-04-2006, 6:54 PM
Here's my latest list:
Coruscant: As it has been said over and over already, this is a must.
Csilla: I know this is a long shot, but I'd really like to see the Chiss homeworld.
Myrkr: Ysalamiri and all that.
Muunilist: Could be an interesting world.
Ryloth: Twi'Leks, what more need be said? :naughty:
Ithor: Yup, the flying herdship cities would be a very spectacular sight.
Mon Calamari: A watery world and it's not Manaan (which everybody hates for some strange reason)
The homeworld/headquarters of the True Sith: a planet located either deep in the Unknown Regions, or somewhere at the very edge of the galaxy.

Add Ithor to that list and you got Kotor 3 brotha!
 Manny C
10-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Ossus wouldnt work, it was destroyed
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Oh yeah? Then how does Luke relocate the New Jedi Order there, where they remained until the Legacy era in 140 ABY? The planet wasn't destroyed, life on the planet was destroyed. Even the ruins of the Jedi Enclave there still remain.
 Manny C
10-04-2006, 11:16 PM
yeh thats what i meant, there's nothing there except ruins, and frankly, im sick to death of ruins. Korriban twice, dantooine enclave ruins, etc etc, lets have some planets with life please. The best planets in the previous games imo are the ones that ARENT dead. Hey, i just thought of a new thread.
 Totenkopf
10-05-2006, 1:10 AM
I'd prefer to chart out NEW territory (ie no repeat planets). However, whether alien or human, I'd like those worlds to be better fleshed out than the half hearted efforts in TSL. Eight to ten planets/destinations would be fine, but I'd want to see a lot of options for sidestories/quests. Better to have a lot to do than not. If that means they need to wait till late '07/08 to release it, doesn't bother me. If it's really good or great, than it'll be worth the wait.
 RedHawke
10-05-2006, 1:36 AM
Who wouldn't mind seeing Ryloth? :xp:
 Manny C
10-05-2006, 3:06 AM
i totally agree, dantooine and Korriban AGAIN? there wasn't even much to see on korriban the first time, and even then they cut them both in half! Pure laziness. And this isnt the case with just the planets either, there were almost NO new models for armour or weapons, just new names and reskins of the old ones. The only new stuff was the robes.

Edit: ryloth is all underground, which i think would be kinda boring, but you never know, could work
 khawk
10-05-2006, 4:33 AM
You know, I think making planets list is okay but I really think it should just fit in a story. Kotor III allready needs quiet a bit of variables considering Revan / the Exile, their alignments and their companions. If you add to that a lot of planets you want to visit, it may be very difficult if not impossible to build a good story.

So far, I am building a story myself and I have the following planets:

1) Coruscant
2) Ord Mantell
3) Xin (a planet in the unknown regions in true sith space).

Don't worry, a lot more come up but this is it for now.
 igyman
10-05-2006, 5:07 AM
Add Ithor to that list and you got Kotor 3 brotha!

It is on the list. :p Look more closely. It's just before Mon Calamari. :D
 Mandalore252
10-05-2006, 8:15 AM
Any planet but plz put more than 5 or 6 planets! kotor II is small!
 Jediphile
10-05-2006, 8:20 AM
yeh thats what i meant, there's nothing there except ruins, and frankly, im sick to death of ruins. Korriban twice, dantooine enclave ruins, etc etc, lets have some planets with life please. The best planets in the previous games imo are the ones that ARENT dead. Hey, i just thought of a new thread.

Agreed. Besides, planets like Ossus and Yavin IV were devastated by Exar Kun's Sith War, which is only 50 or so years before the KotOR games. The movies are 4000 years later, and so the planets would have recovered much more. And yet Ossus is still more of a wasteland than anything else in Luke's time...

Who wouldn't mind seeing Ryloth? :xp:

Actually, I'd rather see Zeltros :naughty:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zeltros)
 BigJaySolo
10-06-2006, 9:35 AM
Personally I would like to see Dagobah. We know very little about the planet and I want to learn more about it.
 BanthaFodder01
10-10-2006, 9:04 PM
I think we should be thinking...oh wait someone said it lol. Well ill repeat Khawk, we should be thinking of planets related to the story.

-Alderraan, maybe Mira is there, she did mention wanting to see it in KOTOR II, and I know she was all serious about it but at least its a reason.
-Ossus - since this was the home to the jedi for hundreds and thousands of years it should at least be there to go and see to find artifacts or maybe Mical. however in KOTOR II we learn Atris took most of the artifacts from Ossus, but maybe we never got to see them, so maybe someon took them back hehe.
- Couruscant, it shouldnt be too hard, I mean they were able to do Taris in 2003, and seeing as how theyll probably be developing this game in 07 or 08.....
- Rhen Var - I wouldnt mind seeing a jedi academy here, however im not sure if Rhen Var has gone into an ice age yet or not, if it hasnt then its a jungle world I think. However the jedi academy is there regardless and theres lots of temples (not sure if they are ruins) and crystal caves.
 khawk
10-11-2006, 2:45 AM
Thanks for the support Bantha Fodder.

To me, Alderaan is fine. It's a popular planet. Nearly everyone wishes to see it so I guess it would be good to include the planet.

Ossus however is difficult. At the time of Kotor, it would be a planet like Malachor V. Desert, chemical and electrical storms and very little life remained on the surface. Link to Ossus (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ossus)

Coruscant: Off course it should be included, it's the capital world of the republic!!

Rhen Var: I agree! If you wonder what's it's like? Link to Rhen Var (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rhen_Var)

It is an ice covered planet after the Great Sith war, but a Jedi academy? Who wants to become a Jedi if you have to stay for years on a very cold planet?
The Jedi have to have some kind of competition over the Sith! What if the Sith build their academy on a Tropical paradise world like Rakata Prime? :laughing:

No that's unfair.
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-11-2006, 9:57 AM
I agree at too many planets would thin the plot. After all, there are a total of twelve different ways you can play the game (and yes, I did the math), depending up what gender you choose, which path you take, and which genders and paths Revan and the Exile held when you talk about their paths.

Another thing: nearly all of the Jedi we meet in both games were trained at the enclave on Dantooine. And the Jedi have how many enclaves throughout the galaxy? it's getting old! Revan (twice!), Bastila, Juhani, the Exile and Mical. Jolie and Kreia we don't know about, and Atton and Brianna had no prior Jedi training. Seriously, have the Jedi characters in KOTOR III come from different enclaves. The main character should come from Coruscant. If not, then have one of the other Jedi characters come from Coruscant, but deffinately have a part of the game where you must visit the Jedi Temple there.
 RC-1162
10-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Personally I would like to see Dagobah. We know very little about the planet and I want to learn more about it.

thats asking for an INTENSIVE game lag with some of our less advanced graphics cards. did you see the planet in ESB? the place sucks.
 [FTJ] NiCkY
10-11-2006, 1:43 PM
wot about a new planet where there is a sith and jedi training place already established, but they are both hiden from each but yet there are stil rumors of each other on the island...if u no wot i mean i am new here by the way
 Vaelastraz
10-11-2006, 1:58 PM
I don't really care what planets are included in Kotor III as long as we do not need to go to the already explored planets again.

I myself would like to see planets full of life. No deserts, no kashyyk like planets, no dantoine like planets.

I'd like to see Coruscant, Corellia, Zeltros (:D), and others..
 Diego Varen
10-11-2006, 1:59 PM
NiCkY']wot about a new planet where there is a sith and jedi training place already established, but they are both hiden from each but yet there are stil rumors of each other on the island...if u no wot i mean i am new here by the way

Welcome to the Forums [FTJ] NiCkY. First, a bit of advice and I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but that spelling is a bit bad. People usually take each other more seriously if words are spelled correctly and there are capitals when needed. Words like "wot" I doubt people will take seriously.

Also, that idea doesn't sound that great, no offense. I would've thought both the Jedi and the Sith would be able to sense each other.
 [FTJ] NiCkY
10-11-2006, 2:59 PM
Welcome to the Forums [FTJ] NiCkY. First, a bit of advice and I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but that spelling is a bit bad. People usually take each other more seriously if words are spelled correctly and there are capitals when needed. Words like "wot" I doubt people will take seriously.

Also, that idea doesn't sound that great, no offense. I would've thought both the Jedi and the Sith would be able to sense each other.
i am using my psp coz my motherboard....i use short hand anyway
 Diego Varen
10-11-2006, 3:01 PM
NiCkY']i am using my psp coz my motherboard....i use short hand anyway

Can PSP use the internet? I need to read my manual again.
 [FTJ] NiCkY
10-11-2006, 3:05 PM
my motherboard broke
 khawk
10-11-2006, 5:52 PM
@Zerimar Nyliram
I guess you ment Dantooine. Not Ossus. No problem.

@Nicky
The idea about the Sith and the Jedi on the same planet doesn't really sound good to me either.
I do remember off course that the entire Jedi council stood in front of their enemy (Palpatine) in AOTC but two academies?
I guess the developers wouldn't think about it.
 RedHawke
10-12-2006, 2:29 AM
Stay on topic folks. ;)
 HerbieZ
10-13-2006, 6:58 PM
"I never thought I'd find true love on Zeltros, and I didn't. What I did find was a double-jointed Zeltron cafarel named Lissahl who taught me the errors of monogamy. I might never leave!"
— Jiri Sools

Pack up your troubles, were going to Zeltros and im driving! Also, igyman, thats spooky i swear it was never on there. however i agree with your herdcities comment. Seeing that it Kotor would be spectacular.
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-13-2006, 7:04 PM
I'll tell you what I'd like to see: something about what happened to the Outcasts from the undercity on Taris, and if they made it to the Promised Land. Perhaps they found this underground city and were thus spared from the destruction of the planet's surface? The player could visit this land deep beneath Taris' ruined surface.
 thegreatjoshini
10-15-2006, 8:05 AM
If we get corellia, then I would hope we might get to see some ancestors of some well known heros hint, hint.
 MetalMark
10-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Korriban and Dantooine again. One is the planet of the sith and the other of the jedi so they need to be included.
 Diego Varen
10-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Korriban and Dantooine again. One is the planet of the sith and the other of the jedi so they need to be included.

As much as I like Korriban, I wouldn't want that or Dantooine to return in the third game. The Jedi planet can be Coruscant and the Sith planet could be somewhere that hasn't starred in the KOTOR games. A Planet like Dromund Kaas.
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Or Ziost. That'd be the most obvious choice.

I think KOTOR was before the Sith settled on Dromund Kaas.
 goldberry
10-15-2006, 3:24 PM
Okay, I would just like to mention that at this time, Mustafar would still be
a lush green world
Malachor V cannot be revisited, because two versions would have to be made (Exile stayed and left the planet alone, or Exile blew the living s*** out of it).
Same kind of deal with Onderon (Dxun could be revisited, because all that would be needed is a mention of who controls Onderon.)
Dantooine strikes me as kind of pointless (Sure, the enclave is back, but if the dark path was chosen for the exile, there are no "new" jedi to live there)

If we are saying, say... eight planets? Then I will say:

1) Coruscant- I'm not going to even put a reason.

2) The Unknown Planet- We need more info on the Rakata peoples.

3) Either Telos or Taris- We really only need one ruined planet, but it would be nice to visit one.

4) Either Tatooine or Geonosis- Only one desert planet needed.

5) Ossus- Ruins, yes, but IMO we need a planet this cool.

6) Hoth- It's really... freaking... cold.

7) Either Yavin 4 or Korriban- Expanding on the sith temples and... stuff.

8) Mandalore- Mandalorian backstory needs exploring a little more. Maybe a Mandalore=Canderous sidequest for the slow people.
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-15-2006, 8:29 PM
2) The Unknown Planet- We need more info on the Rakata peoples.
Well, we know that it's called Rakata Prime.;)
 Manny C
10-16-2006, 1:04 AM
id like to see alderaan personally, but its supposed to be peaceful, ie uneventful (other than its demise of course)
 ViperSkeele
10-16-2006, 2:03 PM
Personally i would like to actually go to coruscant and do things there like fight crime and visit the senate and the jedi temple. I also would like to visit the massassi tempkes on yavin 4.

This time round i do not want to go to Dantooine or Korriban, i think we have seen alll we can see there.

Yes, definately the fourth moon of Yavin, Coruscant would be cool. I would like to go back to Dantooine to see the cleaned up (possibly rebuilt) Jedi academy, even if it's not a Jedi location any more. Specifically I would want to see the "star forge" ruins again, maybe with a sub level previously undiscovered.
As far as Korriban, I would if the whole module were in a new location, not at the Sith academy. Certainly there must be more ancient Sith Lords buried there, and more artifacts to be discovered in some other ruins, maybe a really creepy buried temple (something which was noticeably missing from the tombs area)
My biggest wish though would be to travel beyond the outer rim worlds to some previously unknown planets, maybe even to Nihilus' birthplace, or the location in the Kreia's fall cutscene from TSL
Thoughts?
 MetalMark
10-16-2006, 2:27 PM
The cutscene of Kreiaґs fall is on Malachor so youґve allready been there. Like I said in my other post Dantooine and Koriban again. Further planets in the unknown region for the search of Revan (or something like that).
Page: 3 of 4