Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Do You Want Kotor III Made And Why?

Page: 1 of 1
 kookaburra
08-12-2005, 7:27 AM
Hello :D

Lets see how many people want Kotor III made any why. It would be interesting to see how many people would like to see Kotor III made so lets rockin roll and tell us why you want Kotor III made...

Cheero

Kooka :D
 Smilodon
08-12-2005, 8:06 AM
The devs made so many open plots in the saga about Revan and the Sith, there [i]has[/k] to be a sequel. Everyone who seriously played KOTOR I and II will want KOTOR III :rolleyes:
 Aiden Star
08-12-2005, 8:18 AM
I had gone 3 years without playing a pc game or any game for that reason as I couldnt get hooked on anything. Friend raved on about Kotor 1......i tried it....and was so moved by the story line I nearly cried when I had to fight Bastila. *embarassed*

This in my mind is one of the greatest games ever created. Both Kotor 1 and 2.

Id be very very very dissapointed if they didnt create another one.
 nas77
08-12-2005, 8:36 AM
I don't think anyone here would be against a third KOTOR game.

Why do I personally want a third KOTOR game? Because my main argument in defending TSL's ending was that there's still more to come... oh and chances are it'll be a helluva lot of fun.
 Snafu7
08-12-2005, 8:38 AM
The KotOR games, are some of the best rpg out there. I've played the first one six or seven times, and I could still go back and play it again without getting bored. I hope that they do make another game. If they fix the problems with the first game, and add a good story to KotOR III, it would be one of the best games ever.
 Prime
08-12-2005, 10:18 AM
I want KOTOR III because these games are ****ing fun.
 starmark2k
08-12-2005, 10:20 AM
They should make a third one simply to make it a trilogy, The first two created questions that still need to be answered. With the third one they can tie up loose ends and make the whole saga have a deeper story... it would also be cool.
 gonzzalez
08-12-2005, 1:33 PM
Why....to make it the best star wars trilogy since the originals.
 Darth333
08-12-2005, 1:36 PM
Ditto
 IndianaSolo
08-12-2005, 2:44 PM

No more reason needs to be given than that.
 Mira Dona
08-12-2005, 5:56 PM

Well you just can't compete with logic like that!

Course I don't just want 3, I want 3-9. Just keep cranking them out until I'm too old to see my PC monitor!
 IndianaSolo
08-12-2005, 6:23 PM
Well you just can't compete with logic like that!

Course I don't just want 3, I want 3-9. Just keep cranking them out until I'm too old to see my PC monitor!

Actually, I hope the KOTOR series ends at 3.

But I hope they continue making SW RPGs.
 Mira Dona
08-12-2005, 6:27 PM
Actually, I hope the KOTOR series ends at 3.

But. . . but why!?!

But I hope they continue making SW RPGs.

Without a doubt taht would be a great thing :D
 IndianaSolo
08-12-2005, 6:30 PM
But. . . but why!?!

Because, in my mind, the KOTOR series will always be about the Revan/Exile saga. I want a resolution to the story, since TSL left it wide open, but after that I don't want the story to drag on and on. Imagine trying to carry on a story involving Revan up to KOTOR 9? It would get silly.

If they end it after KOTOR3, they can move on to a new "storyline".
 Mira Dona
08-12-2005, 6:37 PM
Because, in my mind, the KOTOR series will always be about the Revan/Exile saga. I want a resolution to the story, since TSL left it wide open, but after that I don't want the story to drag on and on. Imagine trying to carry on a story involving Revan up to KOTOR 9? It would get silly.

If they end it after KOTOR3, they can move on to a new "storyline".

They can conclude the Revan/Exile story line and begin a new story within the same era. There are many Knights of the old Republic (well not at present, but you know what I mean) who have stories of their own to tell.
 Jeff
08-12-2005, 9:55 PM
I think we can safely say that everybody wants it done. Why? Because the first 2 games were so awesome. I can't stop playing them.
 RedHawke
08-13-2005, 3:21 AM
And as Darth333 said to this quote... I also say "ditto!" :D
 Dak Vesser
08-13-2005, 9:12 AM
"kotOR 9" Now that's funny! Bastila could join the party as an old & grey woman and be all mysterious like Kreia. It could happen. I wonder what year that would be in SW years?

I for 1 am waiting for the next kotOR to come out. By then I'll have the Xbox 360 and hopefully the graphics and story will be leveled up one, or two.. I also wanna find out what happened to Raven..
 Char Ell
08-13-2005, 12:50 PM
There must be a KotOR III. There is no option for not having it. KotOR has pulled me into the Star Wars universe much more than the movies have and I enjoy the movies. The storyline the KotOR dev team has put together compels me, makes me want to know more about Revan, the Exile, and how things will ultimately be resolved. K3 is necessary to answer those questions. I do belong to the school of thought that wants the dev team to finish the story in the third installment of the saga.

Oh yeah, it is fun to play the game too :D
 Captain_H
08-21-2005, 11:02 AM
I would like a KOTOR III so that the ending of TSL be complete. It ended in such a way that they would have to make a third installment. Also the fact that I love to play the first two.
 Murse DeSai
08-21-2005, 10:04 PM
I think they should make KOTOR III because every good story has a beining, middle and end. I think they should end the series with III. Of course they could, and should, make more Star Wars RPGs, but explore other story lines, Jedi and otherwise...
 Soogz
08-21-2005, 10:22 PM
I want this game because, its awesome.
 stingerhs
08-21-2005, 10:52 PM
I want KOTOR III because these games are ****ing fun.:wstupid:
 Blaze629
08-22-2005, 10:00 AM
I'm way too late. Everyone has already answered this one for me :D

These games to me are the VERY best I have ever played on XBOX. Yes I love the Halo series and so many others as much as the next person but these games just keep calling to me lol. I find myself playing these games more than any of the others I have completed. They just don't get old to me really especially TSL because of the influence system.

I want KOTOR III because I am greedy I suppose and because I want to see how much more in depth and how much better it will be on the 360. :D
 Qball21213
08-26-2005, 8:46 PM
we need a third game because they left the second one unfinished
 DarkMe
08-28-2005, 7:46 AM
I JUST NEED TOO KNOW HOW IT ENDS!!!:fist:
 Pneuvo
09-05-2005, 2:53 PM
Of COURSE I want a KOTOR III! I agree with just about everything said above, but the main thing is the STORY! I don't ever want the story to end. The KOTOR series has more story than any other Star Wars game, IMHO. These days, I buy a game for the story. I want more of the Star Wars story.

I play it over and over and over. Withdrawl! Must have FIX!

(sorry for the shouting)

--Pneuvo
 2p1k3
09-16-2005, 5:58 PM
Hello,

I want KOTOR III because I want to revisit the world/universe that was created. There are countless stories that are left open ended that had plenty of story left to tell. For instance, Space: Above and Beyond was such a story. Firefly was another story that had a similar fate though is currently being revived with a movie. I don't know of any better reason than I would 'buy' KOTOR III.

I will use this time though to illustrate some things I believe should be done. I hope that someone in LucasArts is listening.

1.) Let Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment work together on this. Please give them plenty of time to finish the game 'completely'. KOTOR II was a dissappointment because half the game seemed to be incomplete. Though I enjoyed KOTOR II; I could have enjoyed it even more, hense the dissappoint part.

2.) Please have the game be twice to three times longer than either KOTOR I or KOTOR II. Since this would be the final story? it would be nice for it to go out with a bang. To give you an idea of how long I am talking about think of Final Fantasy X-2's length.

3.) Redo the graphics engine. The old graphics engine was awesome for KOTOR I but it made KOTOR II seem dated and as if you did not really want to do your best in making it. I

4.) Here are some key made-up words I am sure you will understand. Multiple Starting Points; Multiple Converging storyline points; Multiple Endings. All of these I think you should look into and invest in. People 'need' a new huge single player role-playing game that redifines the industry. RPGs now days have a single storyline and multiple subplots but the subplots almost never actually change the original storyline. Also with KOTOR I and KOTOR II it was awesome that you could be evil but the story did not change at all. I think everyone would really want an Evil character to have an almost completely different Storyline even if they end up having to do the same thing the good guys have to do in the end.

As the voice said in the movie "Field of Dreams"; 'if you build it, they will come'. If you build such a game as KOTOR III, I am absolutely positive that you will be richly rewarded in sales from it.
 OptimalOptimus
11-19-2005, 11:59 PM
HEre's my confession.. I HAted star wars untill i played Kotor.. its' Turned me into an Uber Geek.. not i love Star wars & Star Trek :O)

I haven't played kotor 2 yet.. But i will & i would love to see Kotor3 made.
 Manny C
11-20-2005, 12:26 AM
I want to repeat the fantastically enjoyable time i had playing KOTOR 1, getting to know interesting and complex characters, visiting alien worlds, solving problems and unravelling the mystery behind the star forge.

The second wasn't as good because it wasnt properly finished, I want to see Obsidian given another chance to do another KOTOR game completely and properly.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
11-20-2005, 12:32 AM
if you build it they will come.....
 Inspectre
11-21-2005, 10:10 AM
of course i want kotor 3 to be made even though i have no idea how kotor 2 ends, it would be good to see another one like that. it also has a lot of potential to become way better than kotor 1 in my opinion. in conclusion i want it to be a franchise like final fantasy series.

i just can't stand ff series. i like to be a support for kotor series... I just wish to see kotor as a massive game where you can explore the planets completely with lots of sidequests and the characters to choose from...

Last of all, the next kotor could be bug-free if they spend more time on the improvements...

the game will be like a dream for me....
 JediMaster12
11-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Is anyone blind??!! Well except those who said yes but there HAS TO BE a third KOTOR. TSL left a lot of things open and I want to find out what happpened to Revan and the Exile.
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-22-2005, 11:28 AM
...having serious withdrawl(cough).

Hurry!(wheeze). Need kotor3 now...(cough).

Please, I'm not gonna(cough) ...make it.

...help me(ahhh!)
 The_Maker
11-22-2005, 1:48 PM
Well, using my common sense, K3 should be made because;

It (hopefully) will close the KotOR storyline and trilogy... more than 3 seems a bit...much :dozey:
It will tell you Revan and the Exile's fate
Everyone wants it to be made :xp:
 JediMaster12
11-22-2005, 3:26 PM
Well, using my common sense, K3 should be made because;

It (hopefully) will close the KotOR storyline and trilogy... more than 3 seems a bit...much :dozey:
It will tell you Revan and the Exile's fate
Everyone wants it to be made :xp:

YEA!!! AGREED
 Eagle Racer
11-22-2005, 7:36 PM
I want KOTOR 3 cause the first two are so much fun, and there are so many questions still left unanswered. I think 3 would be enough for this time period. After KOTOR 1 and the lost planet, I would be really intreague by a storey that takes place during the begining of the fall of the Infinite Empire. Anybody up for KOTIE 1 -3? :)
 IndianaSolo
11-23-2005, 2:44 AM
I'm starting to not really care if it gets made.

I guess I've just been subject to too many "they should make it more FPS-like" threads and my suspicion is that Lucasarts might actually contemplate doing just that.
 Master omega
11-23-2005, 12:25 PM
I would like kotor 3 becase off We all what to know what happened to reven What he ment by leaveing and going off to fight something in the unkown reagoins. If im being honest i dont think well here much about the exile he/she pretty much establised the new jedi order or the new sith depending on how you played the game.If they do a new one i think they should focus on reven maybe throw in some off the exile gang with your pc e.g Mira :)
 JediMaster12
11-23-2005, 2:19 PM
...having serious withdrawl(cough).

Hurry!(wheeze). Need kotor3 now...(cough).

Please, I'm not gonna(cough) ...make it.

...help me(ahhh!)

Don't you die on me or I will Force Choke you myself. Hang on just a little longer buddy. They will make a third KOTOR because sooo many people are asking for it. :vader3:
Page: 1 of 1