Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PC For KotOR III?

Page: 2 of 2
 Soogz
08-16-2005, 8:59 PM
I have only beaten it once, and the only other time I have played it was with mods, I just didn't like the concept of a random Sith Lord finding an exiled Jedi and reconnecting his/her connection to the force.. Just my opinion anyway.
 Sivy
08-17-2005, 6:11 AM
it will a different character i'm sure.
 Ztalker
08-17-2005, 6:22 AM
I think it will be a new character, trained by Bastilla (Jolee?) or some others. By investigating ruins, you make a choice: Revan=evil and lead the Sith, thus the Exile is being a general on the frontlines, or saying Revan is good, thus making the Exile the leade of the true Sith, and Revan a general in the Frontlines.
That's what i think. In this way, the Exile and Revan return, and one of them could join your party, since your (obviously) are going to join the rage of battle.
 The Saint
08-23-2005, 1:47 AM
K3 without the exile, would lead me to hunt down Obsidians design team. With the way K2 ended it would only make sense to finish off the current story arc before moving onto a new character..maybe instead of putting out a full fledged game Obsidian can make correct, the mistakes of the past and release a K2.5..thats right expansion pack. 2-3 worlds, and a wrap up of what happens to the exile before K3 happens. Flying off into the cosmos, ticked me off...we know what happens to the crew but the ending still seems alittle..well...unended for lack of a better word.
 Ztalker
08-24-2005, 5:46 AM
Hmmm

An expansion pack would make sense....
Adding the droid factory, the council chambers...and more unlockable stuff:
A friend of mine found a program that can unlock al the voice-records in the game. It also features Darthj Sion saying something like: "You failed me again...I will kill the Exile myself! I'm going to Nar Shaddaa!!"
never saw him there.......

Stuff like this coul be unlocked, etc.
 A-Dark-Power
08-24-2005, 6:18 AM
It would be nice to start off as a padawan, and then later in the game having Revan and/or the Exile join you in your party.
 THE MANDALORE
08-24-2005, 8:07 AM
No Revan in party. No Exile in party. New cast of characters including your PC but keep Mandalore and the droids. Because they're cool :)

I concur.
Mandalore, HK, and T3 have been in KOTOR from the start. It would be a shame if they were kicked out.
 Anon21
08-24-2005, 9:48 AM
I, personally, would not mind if it is Revan, the Exile, or a new character. However, I do think it would be smart to continue the unfinished story as the Exile, as it left alot unexplained. If they could find a way to have Revan in the game it would be great. But they definitely need to explain what happens with the Exile and Revan by playing as them, having them in your party communicating with them, or someone just telling you.

By the way everybody, I'm new. So, Hello! :)
 THE MANDALORE
08-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Welcome to the forums.
:)

I think Revan and the Exile have to appear in some sort of cameo role, if not a party member.
 witchfinder
08-24-2005, 10:05 AM
I think the PC will most likely be the Exile.
 Dark Lord Maul
05-27-2006, 6:58 PM
I think it should be a new character like a padawan who survived the destruction of the danttoine academy and goes in search of revan,bastila, and exile.
or master vandar sensed something was wrong and sent the padawan away for preperation.

i also think you should have a choice of rebuilding the jedi academy or joining the sith that are in hiding.
 Henz
05-28-2006, 10:16 AM
New PC.

"When I offered to go with him... he laughed. Then, he attacked me. Revan, at his full power, was more than a match for me. The battle was over quickly - and then he made sure I couldn't follow him, even if I wanted to. He left me there, a broken wreck on the Outer Rim.I vowed that I would never bend knee to another. Any alliances I entered in to would be ones where I was an equal..."

This makes me sure that you won't be using Revan in the next game. I think he/she'll be back, in robes, non specific alignment, and you kill the bugger near the end. He/she decides to test you to see if you're strong enough to take on whatever is the final fight/s.
 Arбtoeldar
05-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Sorry if any of this has already been stated, I just skimmed the thread.....

A new character.

The whining that goes on with the previous 2 games about ease with higher levels, can you imagine the bitching that would happen if you could force storm everything in your path from the opening level?

& personaly, I don't want anymore of these memory wipes, lost connection to the force stories. Just want to start out as a fresh level 1 Padawan.

Agreed
 Prime
05-29-2006, 1:18 PM
Who should the story not revolve around? REVAN!

;)
Page: 2 of 2