Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

func_usable with an elevator

Page: 1 of 1
 madjawa
07-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Hello :)
I know it is possible but How? I want to have a func_usable within my elevator (the func_usable move with the elevator) but I dont know how to do that. I saw this in the little elevator(cabin) in sithcouncilv2

Thanks in advance
madjawa
 wedge2211
07-11-2005, 6:48 PM
My guess is there must be scripting. Just write one to move both the elevator and usable, and toggle the usable visible/invisible. Do some forum searches for scripting and elevators to find more detailed help.
 MDN14
07-12-2005, 8:16 AM
or if you dont care about having the switch change colors or whatever when you use it, then you could just make the elevator how you can, add the switch, and make the switch part of the elevator and not a func_usable at all. And then just use triggers like you normally would to target the elevator.
 madjawa
07-12-2005, 2:10 PM
thanks, it works with scripting :)
but another question : it is possible to reset a target_counter by pressing a button? because I'm trying to make a password protected door, with a target counter and I want that if you press the wrong button, the counter is reseted..

madjawa
 lassev
07-16-2005, 8:13 AM
Originally posted by madjawa
it is possible to reset a target_counter by pressing a button?

Not as far as I know. Use scripting and a float variable instead.
Page: 1 of 1