Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

password

Page: 1 of 1
 madjawa
04-28-2005, 6:40 PM
hello,
I'm not sure it is possible but I ask : can I make a door who opens or a teleport who teleports you when you enter a password? you press "use" on a button, you enter a password and if it is correct a door opens or you get teleported!

its for MP FFA (not siege)

madjawa:jawa
 wedge2211
04-29-2005, 2:13 AM
No. But there are various ways you could make a series of buttons that have to be pressed in a certain sequence.
 madjawa
04-29-2005, 4:22 AM
make a series of buttons that have to be pressed in a certain sequence.
yes that would be cool. But how can I make this??

thx in advance
madjawa:jawa
 MDN14
04-30-2005, 10:07 AM
You would probably have to use a whole lot of trigger_multiple brushes, target_relays and target_counters
 Mercenary
04-30-2005, 5:48 PM
You could possibly use a code sequence like in Kejim Post for JK2. The map and scripts were released for it. It would most likely take some time to figure it out if you've never scripted before.
 jadendecar
05-02-2005, 9:11 AM
hey where would i find the maps and scripts for that lvl.
 wedge2211
05-02-2005, 12:27 PM
The .map file was included in the JO editing tools. The scripts are probably located in the...gosh, this'll be surprising, take a deep breath!...scripts directory in the pk3. Probably scripts/kejim/ or scripts/kejim_post/.
 lassev
05-03-2005, 5:15 AM
Originally posted by wedge2211
The scripts are probably located in the...gosh, this'll be surprising, take a deep breath!...scripts directory in the pk3. Probably scripts/kejim/ or scripts/kejim_post/.

Actually, I think the script sources for JO were also in the Editing tools packet, not in a game pk3... ;)
 jadendecar
05-12-2005, 10:25 AM
hey could anybody send me a map file of kejim outpost.
 SMoKE
05-12-2005, 6:04 PM
Key: classname
Value: trigger_multiple

Key: usetime
Value: x

Then the player must 'use' the trigger_multiple in x amount of milliseconds before the trigger_multiple triggers its target(s). Often seen in Siege. I know that's maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but it's easier than trying to to figure out how it's done on Kejim.

Also you can try with some coding if you know how to:p
 madjawa
07-13-2005, 5:23 AM
sorry, its a little old but
there are various ways you could make a series of buttons that have to be pressed in a certain sequence.
Can you explain in detail one of these ways?? (with or without scripting, it doesn't matter)

thanks in advance
madjawa
 lassev
07-16-2005, 8:07 AM
One logical problem here is the need of resetting the system in case the player presses a wrong button in the middle of the sequence, thus terminating the correct sequence. Whilst Wade (RIP) might be able to solve this with some crazy entity hack, scripting might be an easier solution.

What comes to recognizing the correct sequence in general, how much the method relies on entities or scripting is a personal choice.

It could be achived by having all but the first button's targets inactive (not the buttons themselves to make it look like they could potentially work). The first button's target would then activate the second button's target, etc, until the last button was reached, which would launch (target) the actual wanted effect.

Now, taking into consideration my first statement, it's obvious there should be an alternative target for all the buttons. This would be active always when the primary target is inactive. This secondary target would only reset the sequence. So, if a wrong button was pressed anywhere during the sequence, the common reset would occur, returning the system to the beginning state, and possibly giving some alarm sound, or whatever (if desired).

Well, that was probably a medium method between entities and scripting.

Since I haven't personally built a system like this, I don't have readily available a detailed explanation. I very much doubt anybody would have...

All in all, it shouldn't be that hard, even if you want to have the same button pressed more than once. Just give it more regulated targets. ;)
 madjawa
07-16-2005, 5:09 PM
ok I get it :D thank you very much:jawa :jawa :jawa

madjawa :cool:
Page: 1 of 1