Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strange Writings on the Flags

Page: 1 of 2
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-01-2005, 2:45 AM
While waiting for people to join an assault game, I decided to translate the writings on the hologram at the flags. On the Trandoshan flag, I noticed two legible things. The first one was 'Trandoshan', which made sense. The second one, however was strange. It said 'more excellent test is in'. Does anyone have any idea what that is supposed to mean? On the Republic flag, I could read three things. Where it said 'Trandoshan' on the trando flag, it said 'Trandoshan' on the clone flag, too. Where it said 'more excellent test is in' on the Trando flag, it said 'I hate computers so much' on the clone flag. The other thing I was able to read was 'talbotsite dot com'. Out of curiousity, I decided to type it in, and it brought me here: http://talbotsite.com/). Apparently it is the site of Jeremie Talbot who was one of the artists on the game.

Basically, does anyone understand why both flags say Trandoshan or what 'more excellent test is in' means?
 coupes.
04-01-2005, 3:03 AM
It's probably just an inside joke between some of the developpers. And most people wouldn't know the wrinting on the flags say "Trandoshan" so I guess they simply didn't bother to chage it.
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-01-2005, 3:18 AM
I assumed it was a joke, and that they expected few if any to know what it says. That is a satisfying explanation for 'i hate computers so much' and 'talbot dot com'. But I still don't understand why they would throw something in there that doesn't mean anything (more excellent test is in) and why they would bother to write 'trandoshan' on one flag, but not write 'republic' on the other. The two holograms are completely different with the exception of that one word, and that is strange.
 Kurgan
04-01-2005, 3:19 AM
I figured they could make up all sorts of jokes. There's alien writing on some of the wall textures in the various MP maps. Translate it and you'll probably find similar stuff.

The alphabets they use are available as fonts on the 'net so you could figure it out.

;)
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-01-2005, 3:25 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
The alphabets they use are available as fonts on the 'net so you could figure it out.

They were also printed in the SW Monopoly instruction book, and are memorized by some of us. :)

I'll check it out and see if I can find anything interesting.

EDIT: Found one! On the map 'Engine', there are signs posted all over that read: 'Regard: Too many right hand turns makes you go in a circle'.

Another: On the map 'Garden', in huge letters is 'Love' and 'XXX'.

On the map 'Lockdown' it says '11 Post' outside the red base, and '38 Main' outside the blue base. Wonder where they came up with those numbers? ;)

I can't make any sense of this one: on the map 'Ghostship', written all over is 'DFSLKJE CDMEKKA FAE'. I assume it is just jibberish, but maybe it means something.

The last thing I found, is that on the map 'Gunship', there are symbols that are not in the aurebesh. They seem to form a 3 letter word and a 5 letter word. I suspect that it actually means something, because one symbol from the 3 letter word is also in the 5 letter word, and if they were making up symbols, I think they could make up 8 and not just 7. Maybe it is some Earth language?

Here is what they look like:
http://www.geocities.com/jedi_duck_1138/symbols2.JPGhttp://www.geocities.com/jedi_duck_1138/symbols3.JPG)
 Doomie
04-01-2005, 7:54 AM
They remind me of that skull on Boba's shoulder. Maybe it's written in 'Mandalorian' wich could make sense, since the clones are actually mandalorians... Dunno where you could find a translation though.

Good finds on the other by the way.
 BeBop
04-01-2005, 12:26 PM
A week ago I decided to also translate stuff. Though I did most of mine in SP. First thing I did: Get Incapacitated so I could translate that text that starts scrolling on the right side of the screen. It reads (there are instance of gibberish sometimes):

I know we ve revisited it a ton of time but it just locks out too much of the playe's view to be helpful. I'd suggest either a Halo style 3D world indicator or a 2D indicato at the top of the Based on our Revised project schedule, and after talking with chris, its apparent that it would be good for the project if I delayed my upcoming vacation by a week. Thus I will be gone from monday September 20th for 3 Weeks and will return on Monday, October 11th However, I will still be out on riday, September 10th as my parents are taking a road trip across the country. The sew objective eliose thing makes it really hard to see it's a major imparment to come. (restarts at beginning)

So there you go, any spelling mistakes are just the way it was ingame.
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-01-2005, 3:58 PM
Okay, I've started looking through the single player game for more writings. I did the first campaign, but only found one. On the level 'Strength of Brothers', right after you get Sev, there is a hologram of a Republic ship, and the readable text is similar to the Republic flag, in that it says 'I hate computers so much' and 'talbot dot com'. I'll try to check more of it later.
 Kurgan
04-01-2005, 6:43 PM
Originally posted by Doomie
They remind me of that skull on Boba's shoulder. Maybe it's written in 'Mandalorian' wich could make sense, since the clones are actually mandalorians... Dunno where you could find a translation though.

Good finds on the other by the way.

What exactly are "Mandalorians"? Are they an ethnic group? Because the clones were born on Kamino, so they'd be Kaminoeans. Their species is human. And Jango Fett is supposedly from some place called "Concord Dawn" right?

All these years we've been told that Boba Fett wears "Mandalorian Armor" but I've never known what that really meant. For all we knew it was the manufacturer or style or material (like "Kevlar" not made on the planet Kevlus III).
 LukeKatarn
04-01-2005, 7:22 PM
Read the Dark Horse Comic Books. ((I've only read one, and that came with my BH game.)) The Mandalorians were in fact a group, and I would consider them a species. They are not the clones, but Jango is a Mandalorian, and there were many more like him, and he was a mandalorian BEFORE the cloneing, but actually, there IS reason to belive that Jango Fett, in fact, is NOT Mandalorian. EU spoilers ahead Jango Fett was not actually born a Mandalorian, I belive he had normal Human parents. The only reason he was with the Mandalorians, was because his parents died and Jaaster ((Forgot lats name.)) adopted him. There for, Jango probabley isn't, a Mandalorian.
 swphreak
04-01-2005, 9:00 PM
What exactly are "Mandalorians"? Are they an ethnic group? Because the clones were born on Kamino, so they'd be Kaminoeans. Their species is human. And Jango Fett is supposedly from some place called "Concord Dawn" right?

Once again Kurgan, over thinking ;)

Mandalorian were around before Jango Fett. Jango is not the only Mandalorian in the galaxy, and yes, he is human. I consider "Mandalorians" as a Galactic Ethnic group/Clan, besides, there are aliens in the Mandalorion Clans at one point in time. And actually, I think they rename their conquered planets "Mandalore," so yeah, they can be "Mandalorians." :p

And no, the clones can't Kaminoans. They're Human [Clones].
 LukeKatarn
04-01-2005, 10:32 PM
That is where you are wrong Phreak, Mandalore is the name of the leader of the Mandalorians, not the planets they conquer. And clones are clones. :p
 swphreak
04-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by LukeKatarn
That is where you are wrong Phreak, Mandalore is the name of the leader of the Mandalorians, not the planets they conquer. And clones are clones. :p

Yeah I know about that, I don't know why I just didn't just look at the magazine. Their "homeplanet" is wherever Mandalore "hangs his mask."

And apparently, at one point in time, Mandalorians were actually a species.

And yes, they're clones, of a human, thus they humans, albeit genetically altered and junk.
 LukeKatarn
04-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Lol, I just felt like saying Clones were Clones. :p Yeah, they are pretty much human, yet not. Cloneing is very confuseing. They aren't really Human because ((yeah, I sound religous here)) they have no spirit. A clone can't have a "Spirit" because they are just a copy. An "Artaficial Lifeform" to speak.
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Not to derail this thread, but:

Lol, I just felt like saying Clones were Clones. :p Yeah, they are pretty much human, yet not. Cloneing is very confuseing. They aren't really Human because ((yeah, I sound religous here)) they have no spirit. A clone can't have a "Spirit" because they are just a copy. An "Artaficial Lifeform" to speak.

So are identical twins not human? Are those born from in vitro fertilization not human? Are those born by c-section not human? If those are all human, I don't see how clones are not.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

I think they are of Kaminoan ethnicity, but of human race. All/most of their customs come from Kamino. Their genetic material is of a human.
 swphreak
04-01-2005, 11:43 PM

hu·man
1. A member of the genus Homo and especially of the species H. sapiens.

Seems like they're human to me. Of course in Star Wars they're probably not called that, but for all purposes, they're humans. ;)

Besides, "souls" and that crap is a religious belief. Not everyone believes that nonsense. Does that mean I don't have a soul?
 LukeKatarn
04-02-2005, 12:20 PM
That all depends if you are a clone. :D ANd yes, I do have those religous beliefs. I'm not bashing you, I just felt like saying why I think CLones aren't human. Carrie on.
 Oidar
04-02-2005, 1:20 PM
hu·man
1. A member of the genus Homo and especially of the species H. sapiens.

Seems like they're human to me. Of course in Star Wars they're probably not called that, but for all purposes, they're humans. ;)

Besides, "souls" and that crap is a religious belief. Not everyone believes that nonsense. Does that mean I don't have a soul?

I'd consider that comment an open invatation to start flaming.
so maybe we should just stop any kind of refrence to religion now. This could get into a really really really interesting flame war which I think people want to avoid.
Some people do belive in "that crap" and "nonsense" as you so intellectually put it.

Next time you'd like to say you don't belive in something, simply say. "there isn't enough scientific proof for me to support a theory like that."

I'm going to stop now, cause if I were to write anymore this post would turn out like most of the posts I make at the lucasarts forums..a total flame.
 Kurgan
04-02-2005, 7:22 PM
In the Star Wars universe the idea of a "soul" seems to be factual reality, not merely a unprovable belief based on faith. Unless we're to assume that Yoda, Luke, etc were all hallucinating.

At least Jedi have souls, via the fact that they were able to survive their own deaths and even appear to others and speak to them after their bodies were destroyed.

Note how Obi-Wan talks audibly to Yoda, and Luke also hears it, and replies to him.

Some people who says "soul" (or spirit) really mean "life essence." The ancients believed that a "life essense" is what kept a being alive. In this regard, ALL living things have souls, and that is the definition of death, when the soul leaves the body, rendering it a lifeless shell or husk. Of course, like the notion of "the heart" being the source of emotion and feeling, it's a concept that not too many people still believe, but in common parlance it's used because "everybody knows what you mean" and it sounds poetic.

If you want to argue that Clones (in Star Wars) are "not human" because they "lack souls" you could argue that by that logic that identical twins don't have souls either because they are genetically identical to one another. Or test tube babies... you'd have to establish what is the mechanism for a being acquiring a soul. If it's God-given, then God could choose to give a soul to a clone, just as God could give a soul to anyone.

My personal belief? If "normal" humans have souls, then so do human clones. I believe in a soul, so I believe that clones would be no different.

From all we know, Clones are biologically human. They're also "alive" in every sense of the word. They are also influencable by Jedi, so it's not as if they "exist outside the Force" (this concept is muddied by the EU insistence that this is how clones were "grown" though one could say that this is contradicted and overridden by the prequels, or it's just another cloning method entirely).

Obviously in real life some people believe in souls, some do not. If you want to debate that, head over to the Senate Chambers debate forum. Bashing people's religious beliefs in a thread about Star Wars is silly and rude. So let's just not go there, ok?
 Kurgan
04-02-2005, 7:42 PM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Not to derail this thread, but:

So are identical twins not human? Are those born from in vitro fertilization not human? Are those born by c-section not human? If those are all human, I don't see how clones are not.

I think they are of Kaminoan ethnicity, but of human race. All/most of their customs come from Kamino. Their genetic material is of a human.

I agree. This last part is what is an interesting point.

In our world we have only one planet we know of with life, and we have only one "intelligent" species ruling it (humans). We don't call ourselves "earthers" or "earthlings" though both of those terms are used in Sci Fi by aliens referring to us, or some other form like "Terrans" or something. In Star Wars there is no planet "earth" and they are just humans. I can only think of two utterances of the word "human" in Star Wars... Han Solo's comment to Jabba in the ANH SE ("Jabba you're a wonderful human being") and Padme's comment to Anakin in the (re-added) deleted scene in AOTC ("To feel is to be human" or something like that).

Humans from Correllia are called Correllians. I don't know of any other references like that, but the idea that every planet has only one intelligent species isn't supported by evidence from canon. Coruscant has thousands of species living on it. Do they refer to themselves as the name of their aliens species or do they identify themselves with the planet's name? Or the "nation" they come from on said planet? We don't know. But we can speculate.

We get the impression that human origins in Star Wars are not known. For all we know, humans are native to more than one world and don't consider themselves to be part of that one planet. Putting aside the apparently implausible idea of "paralell evolution" (which is brushed over by nearly all of Sci Fi as a matter of course, taken for granted like sound in space or traveling faster than the speed of light and other impossible conventions), what should we make of that?

I called the clones "Kaminoeans" because they were born and raised on the planet Kamino. They didn't come from some planet called "Mandalore" or "Concord Dawn" like Jango Fett may or may not have been. Even Boba Fett was born on Kamino (right?) so he'd be a Kaminoean.

Do the "Lama Su Aliens" (those tall skinny pale beings who run the cloning operation) identify themselves as "Kaminoeans"? Or do they call themselves something else?

It's like the Native American tribes who's name literally means "the human beings." Yet people refer to their tribal name even though it seems silly to be calling somebody "the human beings" as if you yourself were somehow different than that.

Anyway, it's confusing, but I think it would be odd to classify the units of the Grand Army of the Republic as "non-human Mandalorians" rather than "human Kaminoeans" which seems more proper. ;)
 ManaMana
04-03-2005, 12:07 PM
That all depends if you are a clone. :D ANd yes, I do have those religous beliefs. I'm not bashing you, I just felt like saying why I think CLones aren't human. Carrie on.

You're about sould. You dont get a soul when you are born, a soulґcpmes to you. So a clone could have a soul, yes.
 BeBop
04-03-2005, 5:50 PM
My personal belief is that a soul simply is your life force. When you die, your soul dies. So if you believed what I do, then Clones have a soul since they are alive. But, perhaps I'm the only one who notices how extremely off topic this has gotten.

There is writing on crates all over the Kashyyyk levels (mp & sp) but it isn't written in Aurebesh. I think it might resemble the writing on the wall. But then it again it could be different. What does wookie language look like?
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Good find, BeBop. I did a quick check through the Kashyyyk multiplayer maps, and found this:

http://www.geocities.com/jedi_duck_1138/symbols5.JPG)
(This may be the reverse of the actual symbols, they appear both ways depending on the side of the crate)

Is this what all the crates have, or is there something else?
 LukeKatarn
04-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by ManaMana
You're about sould. You dont get a soul when you are born, a soulґcpmes to you. So a clone could have a soul, yes. In your religion, sure, but in mine, yes you are born with a soul.
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Found another one (more mystery symbols) in Arena G9:

http://www.geocities.com/jedi_duck_1138/symbols7.JPG)

This seems to be very different from the symbols from Gunship and Kashyyyk.
 Kurgan
04-04-2005, 4:57 AM
Yeah sorry guys for my part in getting us off topic. You know I'm a sucker for religious discussions. ;)

I'll leave the alien languages up to the experts! I downloaded some of those fonts, but I haven't gone through the game to try to decipher any of them yet.
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-04-2005, 6:01 AM
Okay, I found another wierd one. On some crates on the Core Ship on Geonosis, the writing seems to say 'Hand turns makes' or 'hand turns majes'. It is a little blurry, so it might be a little off, but I can't seem to read it in a way that makes any kind of sense.

I'll leave the alien languages up to the experts! I downloaded some of those fonts, but I haven't gone through the game to try to decipher any of them yet.

Some as in more than one? I only know Basic, so its possible that one of these others matches some of the writings I can't identify. I'll try to check it out.

EDIT: One mystery solved! (sort of)

It would seem that the symbols from Arena G9 should be flipped to look like this:
http://www.geocities.com/jedi_duck_1138/symbols7.JPG)
When you do that, it seems to be Nubian, although I can't seem to identify the first letter ('A' is my guess, though it doesnt seem right). It reads '?BCDERQU'. Just more jibberish I assume, or designers initials or something.

EDIT: Crazy theory.

It might just be the fact that its late at night, but it almost seems like the writings on the Kashyyyk crates are not alien at all, but rather just upside down.
http://www.geocities.com/jedi_duck_1138/symbols4b.JPG)
It seems to read: SF SORE VHBRUE. I think its time I got some sleep.
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-05-2005, 4:04 AM
This one is written on the wall when you first reach the RAS Prosecutor in sp. It reads IMSAI 8080 W.O.P.R.
 BeBop
04-05-2005, 3:30 PM
Found one! On the map 'Engine', there are signs posted all over that read: 'Regard: Too many right hand turns makes you go in a circle'.

This is also all over the Lockdown map and on some of the screens on the RAS Prosecutor. (Though sometimes backwards)Also, I'm going to try to see if there is anything on the screens in the Bridge of the Core ship (when you get the data, the side of the bridge opposite that of the console you hack)
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-05-2005, 5:53 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I found those signs all over. I haven't started translating it yet, but the computer consoles that you slice on the Prosecutor seem to be legible.
 Kurgan
04-05-2005, 7:22 PM
Once again Kurgan, over thinking ;)

Mandalorian were around before Jango Fett. Jango is not the only Mandalorian in the galaxy, and yes, he is human. I consider "Mandalorians" as a Galactic Ethnic group/Clan, besides, there are aliens in the Mandalorion Clans at one point in time. And actually, I think they rename their conquered planets "Mandalore," so yeah, they can be "Mandalorians." :p

Considering how convoluted their "history" is, you can't blame me. I remember old books talking about Boba Fett's "famous mandalorian armor" and "the mandalorian super commandos" who "fought the Jedi" according to old Lucas interviews about the prequel era (long before he started making the new movies of course).

The term "Mandalorian" is never mentioned in any of the films. I don't even remember if it appeared in any of the film novelisations either. It would seem to be C-level canon except Lucas himself seems to have mentioned it in the past (but apparently dropped it like a hot potato when he actually made the prequels).

There was all that stuff (which I never read, only heard second or third hand) about "Jaster Mereel" who was Boba Fett's old name. This got trashed when AOTC was made, so they turned Jaster Mereel into Jango Fett's father (grandfather?) or something I don't recall exactly the explanation. Ask somebody who's read the old stuff and the new retcons. I don't know anymore, which was why I asked. Let a bigger nerd than me figure it out! ;)

And again, sorry to get off topic.

Those are some danged interesting inscriptions! (and fun too)... Any more?
 Kurgan
04-05-2005, 7:31 PM
Okay, I found another wierd one. On some crates on the Core Ship on Geonosis, the writing seems to say 'Hand turns makes' or 'hand turns majes'. It is a little blurry, so it might be a little off, but I can't seem to read it in a way that makes any kind of sense.

Some as in more than one? I only know Basic, so its possible that one of these others matches some of the writings I can't identify. I'll try to check it out.

Yes. The so-called "Aurabesh" alphabet (based on the gibberish first seen in ROTJ) is a Star Wars language, but is it really supposed to be "Basic"? (now the EU term for what is "translated for us" as English in the movies).

Anyway, yes there are other "alphabets" that I've seen online. Otherwise how are people translating this stuff (all you're doing is replacing each letter of the english alphabet with a letter from the fake alien alphabet)? So take them for what you will...

A few neat ones here:

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw/mmfont.htm)

Some variants of aurabesh:

http://www.xmission.com/~m2hills/notyourmother/sw_fonts.htm)

A few more variants (and mirrors):

http://www.blueharvest.net/download/)

Nice list:

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/4965/sffont.html#MEW)

A couple here:

http://unclebear.com/fonts/comments.php?id=450_0_3_0_C)

Tons more here:

http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/fonts.htm)
 LukeKatarn
04-05-2005, 7:58 PM
There was all that stuff (which I never read, only heard second or third hand) about "Jaster Mereel" who was Boba Fett's old name. This got trashed when AOTC was made, so they turned Jaster Mereel into Jango Fett's father (grandfather?) or something I don't recall exactly the explanation. [/B] Jaster Mareel is Jango's father, but not blood father. Jango Fetts real parents died, and Jater, the leader of the Mandalorians at the time, took him in and raised him. He was like a father to Jango, until Montross killed him. WHich explains the rivelry of Jango and Montross in the "Bounty Hunter" game. I am not sure if Jangos parents were real Mandalorians, so Jango may NOT be a Mandalorian, or he may be. All I know is that Jaster was like a Father Figure to him.
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-05-2005, 8:11 PM
Yes. The so-called "Aurabesh" alphabet (based on the gibberish first seen in ROTJ) is a Star Wars language, but is it really supposed to be "Basic"? (now the EU term for what is "translated for us" as English in the movies).

Anyway, yes there are other "alphabets" that I've seen online. Otherwise how are people translating this stuff (all you're doing is replacing each letter of the english alphabet with a letter from the fake alien alphabet)? So take them for what you will...

I suppose I'm not sure if it is supposed to be "Basic" (that has just been my assumption), and yes, it was translated by just replacing each Aurebek letter with the corresponding English one. Thanks for the links, but after your previous post I did some searching and came to those sites (among others). Unfortunately, it was only able to help me translate one set of mystery symbols (turned out that the G9 symbols were Nubian).
 Kurgan
04-05-2005, 8:31 PM
Ok. I updated some of the links. Anyway, those were some I hadn't seen before, and maybe they'll help some other people out (edited the post since you posted btw).

LukeKatarn, all I can say is "SEE WHAT I MEAN?" it's a confusing mess! Thanks for trying, of course.

It's like trying to make sense of a 40 year old Soap Opera. ;)

I didn't play far enough into the Bounty Hunter game (I had to rent a PS2 to play it and I didn't have a memory card) to learn that stuff about Montross.
 LukeKatarn
04-05-2005, 8:38 PM
Lol, sorry. I tried, my Jango Fett history isn't taht good. That's all I know. The reason why it might be so confuseing is if you haven't played/beaten Bounty Hunter. That game is hard. I'd help you guys translate this stuff, but I just took back my rented RC game on x-box a few weaks ago. :(
 Kurgan
04-05-2005, 9:08 PM
Since the EU is so huge and expansive (not to mention expensive if you collected it all) it probably helps to make people nail down the sources they're talking about. You say most of this info comes from the Bounty Hunter game right? Maybe there's a write up someplace that summurizes it for the people who don't want to or can't play through the whole game to get there.

Sometimes SW.com is useful as a source, but they often skimp over or get the facts wrong (don't ask me why, I guess continuity is hard to maintain even for the official site!).
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-05-2005, 9:43 PM
The Unofficial Encyclopedia tends to have a better track record with explaning these kinds of things. I couldn't really find anything conclusive looking up Mandalorian, but the entry on Jango Fett (http://theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=31909) yeilded some interesting results:

Unofficial Encyclopedia
As a child, Jango was orphaned on Concord Dawn when his family, farmers by trade, were murdered in a civil war among the factions of the Mandalorian Shocktroopers. Vizsla captured Jango and forced his parents to tell what they knew of Jaster Mereel, but the Fetts refused. Jango fled as Vizsla and his cronies executed his family. Jango himself was saved by Jaster Mereel and later trained by the Mandalorians, debts which he carried for the rest of his life. Jango became one of the noted Mandalorian Shocktroopers, and it was believed that he was the only survivor of that military group.

The fact that he 'became a Mandalorian shocktrooper' implies that Mandalorian is a group more then a race or ethnicity. The sources seem to be primarily comics (although I'm not sure where this particular bit of info came from). Of course, this is all unofficial, but it tends to be very reliable.
 LukeKatarn
04-05-2005, 9:44 PM
Yeah, I could get all the text from the comic book on the game, that basicley tells the story, but there are things that you need to know in BH. I haven't found any thing on BH, but I haven't been looking. I'll try to find one, I wish my info could help more. :)
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-06-2005, 6:38 AM
Im kind of surprised that BeBop hasn't beaten me to this, but the sniper rifle has a lot of text (it changes). I've only begun translating it (my estimate is that I have about half of it). I have a theory that when we have all of it translated, it may come together to form a single (or two) large message(s). Here it is so far:

Or a 3D indicator at the top of the based on our revised project

Much of the player's view to be helpful I'd sugge

Upcoming vacation by a week. Thus, I will be gone from monday, September 20th

This makes it really hard to see. It's a major imparment to comb

For 3 weeks, and will return on Monday.

After talking with Chris, its apparent that it would be good

Imparment to comb I know we

--------------------------------------------------

I've also translated what I could find on the new map. Nothing especially interesting (or intelligible) here. Aside from what has been seen in other places, this is what I found:

D FSLKJEDMEKWA FAS

F CDME

[mirror image of ME]ME
 Joetheeskimo
04-06-2005, 7:57 AM
While waiting for people to join an assault game, I decided to translate the writings on the hologram at the flags.

How did you? Is there a translator online, or what?
 BeBop
04-06-2005, 1:37 PM
I had to translate everything myself. Just found a page that had what each letter in Aurebesh (Star Wars writing all over the place) was, and then just compared it. Was a bit of tedious work till I got the hang of it. But there is no translator that I know of.
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-06-2005, 3:01 PM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
How did you? Is there a translator online, or what?

Years ago, I got a copy of the Aurebesh symbols and the English equivilent printed on the back of Star Wars monopoly, and have since memorized it. So basically I just read what the flag said.
 Renegade Angel
04-06-2005, 5:43 PM
They were also printed in the SW Monopoly instruction book, and are memorized by some of us. :)

I'll check it out and see if I can find anything interesting.

EDIT: Found one! On the map 'Engine', there are signs posted all over that read: 'Regard: Too many right hand turns makes you go in a circle'.

Another: On the map 'Garden', in huge letters is 'Love' and 'XXX'.

On the map 'Lockdown' it says '11 Post' outside the red base, and '38 Main' outside the blue base. Wonder where they came up with those numbers? ;)

I can't make any sense of this one: on the map 'Ghostship', written all over is 'DFSLKJE CDMEKKA FAE'. I assume it is just jibberish, but maybe it means something.

The last thing I found, is that on the map 'Gunship', there are symbols that are not in the aurebesh. They seem to form a 3 letter word and a 5 letter word. I suspect that it actually means something, because one symbol from the 3 letter word is also in the 5 letter word, and if they were making up symbols, I think they could make up 8 and not just 7. Maybe it is some Earth language?

Here is what they look like:
http://www.geocities.com/jedi_duck_1138/symbols2.JPGhttp://www.geocities.com/jedi_duck_1138/symbols3.JPG)

Heres a hint for Ghostship- Its either scrambled or stands for something.
First person to figure it out wins!
(I know what it says)
:)
AND....................GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-06-2005, 5:53 PM
I hate guessing games, can't you just say what it is? I'm assuming it stands for something, because there doesn't seem to be enough vowels for it to be scrambled.
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-06-2005, 11:41 PM
I've translated a bit more of it, and I'm pretty sure it forms (a) larger message(s). This is because of the overlap I've found between them. My theory is that it has (a) larger message(s), and randomly takes a piece of it to display every so often. If anyone wants to help me by posting more pieces, or trying to fit stuff together, please do. Here is what I've collected since the last time:

's view to be helpful I'd suggest either a Halo

10th, as my parents are taking a road trip acro

style 3D world position indicator or a 3D indicator at the top of the

imparment to comb I know we've revisited

lpful I'd suggest either a Halo style 3D world position indicator

I know we've revisited it a ton of times

the new objective elipse thing makes it really hard to

-------------------------------------------------

I'll edit my post after I try to piece some of this together.

EDIT: Here is what I have so far:

much of the player's view to be helpful I'd suggest either a Halo
style 3D world postition indicator or a 3D indicator at the top of
the Based on our revised project

this makes it really hard to see. It's a major imparment to comb I
know we've revisited it a ton of times

EDIT: Okay, I've translated some more of it, and this is what I have for sure:

the new objective elipse thing makes it really hard to see. It's a major imparment to comb I know we've revisited it a ton of times but it just blocks out too much of the player's view to be helpful I'd suggest either a Halo style 3D world postition indicator or a 3D indicator at the top of the Based on our revised project schedule and after talking with Chris, its apparent that it would be good

upcoming vacation by a week. Thus, I will be gone from Monday, September 20th

for 3 weeks, and will return on Monday.

riday, september 10th as my parents are taking a road trip acro

October 11th, however, I will still be out on

Now, considering that october 11th is three weeks after september 20th, im guessing it can be put together like this:

upcoming vacation by a week. Thus, I will be gone from Monday, September 20th for 3 weeks, and will return on Monday, October 11th, however, I will still be out on Friday, September 10th as my parents are taking a road trip across
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-07-2005, 3:46 AM
I have found an overlap between the two parts. Assuming the second half is accurate (there was no overlap that would confirm it), all I should need it the ending. So far it reads:

The new objective elipse thing makes it really hard to see. It's a major imparment to comb I know we've revisited it a ton of times but it just blocks out too much of the player's view to be helpful I'd suggest either a Halo style 3D world postition indicator or a 2D indicator at the top of the Based on our revised project schedule and after talking with Chris, its apparent that it would be good for the project if I delayed my upcoming vacation by a week. Thus, I will be gone from Monday, September 20th for 3 weeks, and will return on Monday, October 11th, however, I will still be out on riday, september 10th as my parents are taking a road trip across...

EDIT: I have found overlaps to confirm that this is accurate. Now we just need the end.
 BeBop
04-07-2005, 2:11 PM
Below is a post I posted in the first page of this topic. I didn't see the overlaps but I know I tranaslated all of it. The end of your missing piece is simply 'the country'

Originally posted by BeBop

I know we ve revisited it a ton of time but it just locks out too much of the playe's view to be helpful. I'd suggest either a Halo style 3D world indicator or a 2D indicato at the top of the Based on our Revised project schedule, and after talking with chris, its apparent that it would be good for the project if I delayed my upcoming vacation by a week. Thus I will be gone from monday September 20th for 3 Weeks and will return on Monday, October 11th However, I will still be out on riday, September 10th as my parents are taking a road trip across the country. The new objective elipse thing makes it really hard to see it's a major imparment to comb. (restarts at beginning)
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-07-2005, 5:54 PM
Interesting. So the text when you get incapped is the same as what the sniper rifle displays? When you get incapped, does it give you all the text at once, or is it in small pieces? The sniper rifle gives text only a few lines at a time, and sometimes begins and ends mid-word.
 BeBop
04-07-2005, 6:34 PM
As Far as I've seen, every time you get incapped, it will display all of the text scrolling on the top right of the screen. It scrolls rather fast, but it's the exact same. (Even the missing letters it seems like 'riday')
Page: 1 of 2