Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strange Writings on the Flags

Page: 2 of 2
 Kurgan
04-07-2005, 9:18 PM
For the guys who haven't memorized it, check out page 1 of this thread. I posted links to download the various fonts that are typically used. These star wars fonts can then be used to "translate" stuff assuming the game developers are using similar alphabets (if not the exact same ones!).

Many of those sites also post letter for letter translations.

See, all these fake alphabets do is take the 26 letter english alphabet and replace it letter for letter.

So it's more like a code, than a language. ;)

So install the font, type out alphabet letter for letter in a word program, and print it out. Then hop into the maps and translate away!

Btw, the new "Hangar" map has some writing on the walls and stuff, I wonder what it says? :D
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-07-2005, 9:29 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Btw, the new "Hangar" map has some writing on the walls and stuff, I wonder what it says? :D

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
I've also translated what I could find on the new map. Nothing especially interesting (or intelligible) here. Aside from what has been seen in other places, this is what I found:

D FSLKJEDMEKWA FAS

F CDME

[mirror image of ME]ME

Plus there were some stuff that is also on other maps, like 'DFSLKJE CDMEKKA FAE' from Ghostship.
 Kurgan
04-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Ok my bad, I glossed over "new map" when I should have read "Hangar." ;)
 BeBop
04-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Another: On the map 'Garden', in huge letters is 'Love' and 'XXX'.

Okay, now the above words make a little more sense. While rather bored and just flying around in Spectator mode on the 'Garden' map, I noticed that on the blue team's side of the bridge, above that archway/entrance directly at the end of the bridge. (you know what I'm talking about right? You go through it, and turn right to head into the base.) There are in white lit letters the word; 'Hugs'. From the ground they are fairly difficult to spot. And I just stumbled on them by chance. A bunch of leaves almost cover them up. Backing up and looking at the whole wall it reads:

'Love hugs XXX'

Obviously the XXX is meant to imply kisses. Interestingly, the word hugs is not on the red team's side of the map.
 noanswer42
04-13-2005, 7:23 PM
The writings referred to a couple of posts up seem to be really similar, maybe there is something to it. I tried going back a letter in teh alphabet for each one, but it probably isn't anything.
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-13-2005, 8:05 PM
I finally got around to translating the main screen background. Here is what I got:

Looking forward to haging out _ _ and hearing more about trip back home. I'll be with Kash Fri and Sat. [wierd symbol]he sat sorta across from me at graduation party _ _ the san (maybe sian, this was hard to read) doctor dude. [same wierd symbol, but backwards] Sunday 'll be in PA for July 4th bbq - wanna do that again? 15 years later? Otherwise I'm not sure if I'll be back in city on Monday or stay down there since I do have that day off. . . let me know how things unfold for you.

Then it sort of repeats (some stuff is in a different order).

Is it just me, or did the people making this game travel a lot?
 BeBop
04-13-2005, 9:58 PM
Good work. Hmm wonder what that symbol is. Could be some symbol that didn't transfer well. Though I can't think of any. I know the Aurebesh Bracket... which is the only english symbol i could compare that to. Oh btw, looks like the text on the Sniper Rifle scrolls if you put it on an enemy or a friendly.
 ManaMana
04-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by LukeKatarn
In your religion, sure, but in mine, yes you are born with a soul.

F*ck religion. Give me some proof instead ;) !

Anyway, you could however discuss if a sole is you, or a sole is nother thing.

But this thread isnt the one where this should be discussed... :rolleyes:
 LukeKatarn
04-17-2005, 5:55 PM
Yeah you're right. And to the people takeing vacation alot part, maybe that's why the game was held back! o_O Obviousley... :D
 Doomie
04-18-2005, 2:33 AM
DFSLKJE CDMEKKA FAE and
D FSLKJEDMEKWA FAS Look a lot like eachother. Maybe there was a translation error?
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-18-2005, 4:32 AM
Good point. W and K do look very similar (especially when the letters are close together), as does E and S (although to a lesser extent). The missing C was most likely an error, and the different spacing was likely to make them look different. I'll check back and see if I can figure out which letters are most likely correct. If Chains would just tell us what he knows, then we could scratch these off the list of mysteries.

EDIT: I gave it a looksie, and I was definitely mistaken about the difference. The 'E' in Ghostship is definitely an S (have no clue how I messed that one up), the 'W/K' is impossible to determine for sure (im putting money on 'W'), the space between 'D' and 'F' is also difficult to conclusively determine, the other space was just a typo (my notes has it correctly), and the 'C' is definitely present.

Long story short, it is one of these:
DFSLKJE CDMEKWA FAS
DFSLKJE CDMEKKA FAS
D FSLKJE CDMEKWA FAS
D FSLKJE CDMEKKA FAS
 Renegade Angel
04-20-2005, 5:37 PM
Shoks gonna win!:D
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-20-2005, 11:07 PM
If you aren't going to just tell us what it means, can you at least say which of the translations are correct? (although I think we would all prefer you just told us what it means, I know I would)
 TK-425
04-22-2005, 11:32 AM
This is the best thread in the history of LF.

Anyway, I have a (stupid?) theory. Once we get everything translated, if you put it all together would it make a big long message?
 SlicerDude
04-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Wow, reminds me of the crates in Jedi Academy that say "crate" in Aurebesh. There were a few other things like that in JA, but nothing that looked like a designer's IM conversation...

"I hate computers so much" is quite amusing, though, coming from a video game.
Page: 2 of 2