Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anyone Got It?

Page: 1 of 1
 ZBomber
03-01-2005, 4:52 AM
As many of you know, Republic Commando comes out today! :) Any of you get it? Are you guys gonna try to enter the sweepstakes?
 Mango Fett
03-01-2005, 5:40 AM
Im going to get it tommorow night, the 2nd. :emodanc:
 NiCK-LeSS
03-01-2005, 5:55 AM
Are you guys gonna try to enter the sweepstakes?

what sweepstakes?
 adillon
03-01-2005, 6:04 AM
the sweepstakes hath been entered by yours truly.

:D
 ZBomber
03-01-2005, 6:15 AM
This Sweepstakes (http://www.republiccommando.net/index.php?action=game&page=sweepstakes) :)

I should get my staff copy in a few days, good thing too, because I'm broke. :D
 Pad
03-01-2005, 6:16 AM
Originally posted by NiCK-LeSS
what sweepstakes?
You can win a free copy by answering easy questions at our official site ;)

And I hope my copy is in the mail yet.
 NiCK-LeSS
03-01-2005, 6:28 AM
how many copies are you giving out? (i know theres 4, but is it 2 pc and 2 X-box or 4 pc 4 x-box?)
 Nokill
03-01-2005, 6:50 AM
i got it
 ZBomber
03-01-2005, 8:34 AM
Nokill - How is it?

And, I think there is only one copy going out, but I could be wrong.
 TK-8252
03-01-2005, 11:55 AM
I got it and it's all installed. Wish my Delta squad luck. :)
 Joetheeskimo
03-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
I got it and it's all installed. Wish my Delta squad luck. :)

Lucky bastard :xp: Mine is due to arrive in the next two weeks, minimum.
 Ham Yoyo
03-01-2005, 4:13 PM
I just started playing Medal of Honor Pacific Assault a few days ago and I'm really into the game. Looks like RC is going to have to wait a little bit. But when I get it I'm going to play the crap out of it.
 TK-8252
03-01-2005, 7:34 PM
Damnit, the ending kinda pissed me off. I'm not gonna spoil it but I wish it could have been otherwise. :(

Anyway... I wonder why they made the regular Clone Troopers so wimpy. Come on, they kicked ass in AotC. :p
 El Sitherino
03-01-2005, 8:50 PM
Anyway... I wonder why they made the regular Clone Troopers so wimpy. Come on, they kicked ass in AotC. :p Marketting, they gotta make the Commandos look supremely awesome and be like "only a commando can do this job". :p[/simple answer]
 Nokill
03-01-2005, 9:33 PM
hehe but my mind did also chance on the normal clone trooper thay are *poke..* dead :o

i hope MP gets a litle more ppl on soon
it whas calm yesterday ;)
 Sifandor
03-02-2005, 4:38 AM
If i preordered it when should i get it im dying over here!!!
 El Sitherino
03-02-2005, 4:46 AM
Originally posted by Sifandor
If i preordered it when should i get it im dying over here!!! Depends on delivery type. It's most likely standard, so sometime before the end of the week.
 ZBomber
03-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Damnit, the ending kinda pissed me off. I'm not gonna spoil it but I wish it could have been otherwise. :(

Anyway... I wonder why they made the regular Clone Troopers so wimpy. Come on, they kicked ass in AotC. :p

You beat it already? :eek: Are you just good at FPS or was it a short game?
 El Sitherino
03-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Well it's only a 10 hour game on average. Which is common considering gameplay standards now. I and many others beat JKA within the day we got it.
 Kurgan
03-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Marketting, they gotta make the Commandos look supremely awesome and be like "only a commando can do this job". :p[/simple answer]

Now don't label me as an EU hater (I'm not, only PARTS of the EU annoy me heavily, while others I love), but this is just their classic MO. Weaken/downplay the G-canon characters/tech in favor of the C-canon stuff.

If I were the creator of a new official Star Wars character or technology, I admit I'd be tempted to "show off" a bit with them too!

Btw, it took me a week each to beat each of the JK games. Elite Force was a short game, it took 6 hours (I think I beat it in 7 or 8, I screwed around).

As far as MP is concerned, give it time. 36 hours after release you can't expect much of anything to be out there (have they released dedicated Linux binaries for the server yet? usually those need to be tweaked and released first, and are any companies providing rental servers yet? those are another must). Sure, the first day buyers have already beaten the SP game, but those are the fanatics (apologies if I offended any fanatics reading this!). ; )
 Joetheeskimo
03-03-2005, 5:31 AM

Yeah, the clones were wimpy in Hard Contact as well. It almost makes me lose faith in the clones that save the Jedi on Geonosis! :eek:
 KOTORManiac
03-04-2005, 9:06 AM
Got it today from Asda (or Walmart in the US) great fun, but i kept dying on the bit with the Geonosian Elites
 deloused
03-04-2005, 12:20 PM
I got it today, and its pretty much what I expected from the demo.

Gave the MP a little whirl as well. I was a little dissapointed there wasn't any squad-basedness or similar. However, it seems to be played freakin' FAST, which I liked. There was only one server online, but hopefully more will pop up once the dedicated server binaries get released.
 Lundquist
03-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Got it yesterday, finished it today - quite fun but WAY too short for a FPS imo.

I like that you actually have to think to overcome some of the opposition - sometimes it seems like you're against impossible odds, right until you figure out the right way to coordinate with your teammates.
 Kurgan
03-05-2005, 3:28 PM
I finally got my copy less than an hour ago. Here's some scans:

Box front (http://www.republiccommando.net/bootcamp/rc_boxfront3.jpg)

Box back (http://www.republiccommando.net/bootcamp/rc_boxback3.jpg)

Once I get it installed I'm going to have a dive into MP (like JA, the game's manual doesn't devote much space to it) and see what all the fuss (or lack thereof) was about, for myself... wish me luck!
 TK-8252
03-05-2005, 4:54 PM
There's hardly any servers. Like six or seven. Playing MP first will give you a bad impression... oh well...
 ZBomber
03-05-2005, 6:27 PM
Hmmm, didn't see UPS today. :( Was hoping I'd get it so I could play on the weekend, but looks like I'll have to wait til Monday
 Kurgan
03-05-2005, 6:57 PM
There's hardly any servers. Like six or seven. Playing MP first will give you a bad impression... oh well...

No danger of that, I've played the Demo first. ; )

There were 15 servers when I checked.
 Joetheeskimo
03-05-2005, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
I finally got my copy less than an hour ago. Here's some scans:

Box front (http://www.republiccommando.net/bootcamp/rc_boxfront3.jpg)

Box back (http://www.republiccommando.net/bootcamp/rc_boxback3.jpg)

Once I get it installed I'm going to have a dive into MP (like JA, the game's manual doesn't devote much space to it) and see what all the fuss (or lack thereof) was about, for myself... wish me luck!

There's a manual with the game? Awesome..I was just going to ask if there was one. I love reading manuals cover-to-cover like books :D Thanks for the scans, btw.
 Kurgan
03-05-2005, 8:51 PM
Like the SWBF manual, it's pretty short and doesn't have much info on Multiplayer, but at least it explains a few basics like the HUD and such.
 Rogue15
03-06-2005, 2:15 AM
man i just finished the demo (decided to play with 'recommended' settings and it ran nice) and whoa. I love it. I want it. I'm not paying $50 for it. I'll have to wait for the $30 or for it to go classic. =\

oh well. An Empire Divided and Jump to Lightspeed keep me busy with the Expanded Star Wars Universe. :D
 Kurgan
03-06-2005, 2:48 AM
To those who play the game online, may I recommend Assault. So far it's the most fun part of the MP game I've found, once you get the hang of it. ;) Just wish there were bots to help balance out the teams!
 ZBomber
03-07-2005, 4:15 PM
JUST got it at the post office. Going to install right now!
 Joetheeskimo
03-07-2005, 6:15 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber

*Cries*:xp:

Just...one...week...:wornout:

EDIT: To anyone who's played MP, is it possible/fun to play a 1-1 battle? Can it be clone vs. clone?
 ZBomber
03-07-2005, 6:29 PM
Haven't tried MP yet, waiting for Kurgan to get back from being busy.
 adillon
03-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
EDIT: To anyone who's played MP, is it possible/fun to play a 1-1 battle? Can it be clone vs. clone?
sure it is, just set up a server with only 2 slots, and make sure it's the deathmatch gametype, as team deathmatch forces trandos (red) VS commandos (blue).
 Pad
03-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Copy that :D

Visac, you rule! ;)
 ZBomber
03-08-2005, 3:24 PM
Originally posted by Pad
Copy that :D

Visac, you rule! ;)

Three cheers to that, Visac is king! :D
 Kurgan
03-08-2005, 5:03 PM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
*Cries*:xp:

Just...one...week...:wornout:

Yes, and yes.
 adillon
03-09-2005, 10:45 AM
@ kurgan ... no offense, but i had already answered that, and a little more 'in-depth' if you know what i mean. :p
Originally posted by adillon
sure it is, just set up a server with only 2 slots, and make sure it's the deathmatch gametype, as team deathmatch forces trandos (red) VS commandos (blue).
 Kurgan
03-09-2005, 7:57 PM
Originally posted by adillon
@ kurgan ... no offense, but i had already answered that, and a little more 'in-depth' if you know what i mean. :p

My apologies then.
 adillon
03-10-2005, 8:52 AM
heheh, no worries, and no apologies needed ... was just a friendly reminder.

;)
Page: 1 of 1