Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gamespot review, 8.7

Page: 1 of 1
 SITH_ShadowCat
02-26-2005, 5:06 PM
I can't believe nobody's posted this:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsrepubliccommando/review.html)

Gameplay: 9
Graphics: 9
Sound: 9
Value: 7
Tilt: 9

I've only seen the video review and from what I gathered the only thing slowing this game down is SP length and lack of a great MP. Other wise the review said this is the best Star Wars game next to KotOR.
 Kurgan
02-26-2005, 7:00 PM
More details about Assault game mode, though they were less than impressed with MP overall (as have been all the other reviewers so far):

The game does include a multiplayer aspect on both the PC and Xbox platforms. Unfortunately, the multiplayer isn't nearly as creative or exciting as the campaign. There are standard deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the flag modes, along with an assault mode that's basically the same as one-flag CTF, with one team attempting to carry a special item in to a capture area in the other team's base before the timer runs out. There are eight maps total, which are designed for four to 16 players. Many of these maps, however, are just derived from specific parts of the single-player levels, although there is one special level that includes some zero-gravity areas that provide extra amusement. Those who've played a lot of shooters won't find much in Republic Commando they haven't seen before. So if you were looking at this game specifically hoping for a great new multiplayer experience, you're probably better off sticking with other alternatives.

Emphasis mine.

Our only caveats are that the campaign won't last you long, and the multiplayer is merely competent, which doesn't make the game stand out in a crowded market of first-person shooters.

So very similar to what we've been hearing from the rest of the reviews.
 ManaMana
02-27-2005, 1:47 AM
Really good news:p !

Hmmm... Theese reviews differ much...
 Nokill
02-27-2005, 1:50 AM
verry nice score :)
 ZBomber
02-27-2005, 4:50 AM
Forgot to say I posted it last night. :)
Clicky (http://www.republiccommando.net/index.php)
 adillon
03-02-2005, 5:10 AM
 El Sitherino
03-02-2005, 5:15 AM
Excellent. :D
 adillon
03-02-2005, 5:19 AM
but just like all the rest, it's saying MP is not so great ... i think they said it was 'pedestrian'. yikes.
 El Sitherino
03-02-2005, 5:31 AM
Doesn't really matter to me, an average MP is fun. I really wouldn't like anything out of the incredible sorts. Distracts from the playing because you get overwhelmed with other stuff. :P
 ZBomber
03-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Thats cool, but we already got this thread. :)

Click Here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145165)
I put it on the site too. ;)
 El Sitherino
03-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Woah, I didn't realize this was about the same thing as the other. :x

*didn't click the link*
 Kurgan
03-02-2005, 11:10 AM
The biggest reason I'm hoping for good MP is because it's all the RC I'll allow myself to play until I've seen ROTS (other than the demo level of course, which I've already played).
Page: 1 of 1