Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod Requests Thread (#3)

Page: 3 of 8
 ChAiNz.2da
01-19-2005, 9:40 AM
Originally posted by Neo Vatter
Would it be possible to have a usable datapad ingame? (like one you can put messages on such as stuff you want to remember from the game.)

As Darth333 stated, it isn't possible for 'useable' datapad. However, if you want to have a vital piece of info in the game without having to search for that scratch pad, you can edit/make a datapad containing pertinent info. (modding)

I've made "Cheat Code" datapads (not released to public) that I keep in my pc's inventory. They really help for being able to find the code for other modder's "giveitem" codes that aren't included on the "cheat" sites & such.

::EDIT ::
Darth333, your new avatar freaked me out! I thought I was seeing things at first because I could've sworn it was brown, then it was black...no wait, it's brown..no arggh! ;)
 tk102
01-19-2005, 9:45 AM
Originally posted by magnoliafan78
Oh, Darth, here's one more for you, though it may be a royal pain...
Would it be possible to make an AIOFP mod release that wasn't in an exe form?
The exe renders it sadly unusable for us poor mac users...

PS: I also noticed that you made the Dustil recruitable mod...
My Yuthura idea would be pretty cool for a future version of that mod, too.
Ooh, I have to second this request... :p

Maybe I can get of hold of Darth333 by PM...

And Chainz.2da, that's a cool idea.
 alyt_valen
01-19-2005, 12:21 PM
I was wondering that with all the modding being done for things like Clone and Storm Trooper armor and Jango Fett's armor if there was anyone thinking of doing the ARC (Advanced Recon Commando) Trooper armor from the Clone Wars mini-cartoon series and the Star Wars Expanded universe by any chance? I'm just curious because I'm currently using the mod that changes all of the Republic troops into Clone Troops and the Sith troops into Storm Troopers and I was thinking that an ARC Trooper suit of armor would be useful in the game.

Just throwing that out there.

:duel:
 Mono_Giganto
01-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Welcome to the forums, but first, I'm going to say-

The first two words in your thread title are "A request." This means that it goes into the request thread at the top of the page. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but I'm just letting you know for future requests. :)

And about the ARC trooper, I think Bneezy started working on it, but probably abandoned it. He and Xavier2 are the only people who have successfully edited a body mesh that I can recall at the moment... Svosh did one too I think... Dunno if anyone else did. So this is looking pretty slim unless Bneezy picks it back up. :rolleyes:
 Allronix
01-20-2005, 5:56 PM
Now, I'm not quite up to making my own mods from scratch yet (though I figured out the arts of editing 2DA files and dlg files. My copy of KOTOR Tool doesn't want to bring up the utc/uti editors, BTW. Any alternative programs?). But for those who are further along the curve than I am...

1) Scoundrel to "Civilian"

Basically, edit out references to the PC having a smuggling background and subsiture it with "Bastila's translator" or other civilian background. Feat and skill gains like scoundrel, but without Sneak Attack or Scoundrel's Luck. (NO class-based feats until PC goes Jedi).

I already do this on my game using a save-game editor, but someone else might want the challenge. (I know it's not possible at startup, but perhaps a mod to change the class?)

2) Sith Base on Kashyyyk

Why not? They're in bed with Czerka, and no modder has done much of anything with this planet. Hide in in the Shadowlands and set to it with Zaalbar and Jolee.

3) Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest

(accessed on Korriban, natch) This powerful Sith Illusionist lures the PC inside an illusion of the Ebon Hawk, complete with crew. But the illusions of the crew either have to be fought, or outwitted. Doing so would present an opportunity to get some insanely powerful items.

4) Am I the only one who thinks the default clothing is unflattering? Maybe someone has some good ideas for a fashion show (and if those clothes can have armor stats, all the cooler)

5) Additional character banters. I'd love to see a Canderous/Juhani squabble. Or how about a Zaalbar and Jolee side conversation?
 Shrub91
01-20-2005, 5:57 PM
Well, the ARC trooper has a skirt-type thing and since making things that 'flow' isn't really possible at the moment, You might have to wait a while
 EnderWiggin
01-21-2005, 12:48 AM
# 3 Sounds really cool.

_EW_
 Darkkender
01-21-2005, 6:35 AM
Originally posted by Allronix

2) Sith Base on Kashyyyk

Why not? They're in bed with Czerka, and no modder has done much of anything with this planet. Hide in in the Shadowlands and set to it with Zaalbar and Jolee.

3) Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest

(accessed on Korriban, natch) This powerful Sith Illusionist lures the PC inside an illusion of the Ebon Hawk, complete with crew. But the illusions of the crew either have to be fought, or outwitted. Doing so would present an opportunity to get some insanely powerful items.

4) Am I the only one who thinks the default clothing is unflattering? Maybe someone has some good ideas for a fashion show (and if those clothes can have armor stats, all the cooler)

5) Additional character banters. I'd love to see a Canderous/Juhani squabble. Or how about a Zaalbar and Jolee side conversation?

Okay I'll be brave here and I will say that I'll go ahead and try to tackle some of the above. I've been trying to get the hang of area module making so this would be a good chance. I'll try tackeling number 3 and maybe #2. Since #5 is just some extra dialogue branches with conditional scripts that should be pretty easy. As to #4 there have actually been a variety of clothing mods out there some that give armor stats others that are extravegant I would say go check out pcgamemods.com alot of our mods are hosted there.
 Jamps
01-21-2005, 7:47 AM
Never mind, been answered :bdroid2:
 JediKnight72482
01-21-2005, 7:31 PM
Hello, I am fairly new to the KOTOR modding world, as I have just gotten the computer version (beat the xbox version last year). Its been a while since ive modded anything (last game beind Total Annihilation, if anyone remembers the Stormcrow tank killer vtol, or the Condor claoking bomber, those were mine.. plus i helped with TA: War In Space.. the Starwing was my model).
Anyways, since I suck at graphics, and all attempts to make my own lightsabers fail somehow... i was hoping someone might be able to help me with a "robe" and 2 custom sabers, a shortsaber and regular lightsaber. no modeling, just texturing and item creation. here is the information for the robe and lightsabers..

The robe would be for a female main character, and use bastila's outfit as a base model (only outfit i can recall that has the "loincloth" part in front and back). Id like the outfit to look like Kasumi's sleeveless white outfit from the Dead Or Alive series, including the white thigh-high stockings and the armsock things. as for the sabers, id like them to sortof look like katana hilts. the blades would be light pink. As for stats, i woujld like them to be something the character could use the entire game, so maybe the robe could have some decent defence, no max dex bonus, and some dex and cha bonuses. the lightsabers need not be special. lastly, it would be great if they could all be named Xia's Robes and Xia's Lightsaber/Shortsaber, and placed in the footlocker in the beginning room of the Endar Spire (Im using the force sensitive mod by camerson).
If whomever decides to tackle this request needs examples for the robes and lightsabers, send me a pm.
 PoM
01-21-2005, 9:37 PM
Errhm...
I want..A saber!
Got my inspiration from....T7Nowhere!
I was thinking about it when I made the single blade, but Kun's double saber is really a converted single so it is really short. So if the hilt is to short when its being held it will look like the blade is being held and not the hilt. If I were to make it it would only be in the style of Kun's.

Yes!!
I want a double bladed saber, without a hilt!
Just the blade!
Like a double vibroblade but a saber..I mean..Ah, a double saber without a hilt.

Can anyone do this? ^_^
 Mono_Giganto
01-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by magnoliafan78

It then occurred to me, instead of replacing current characters like T-3, it might be possible to insert some sort of script that makes the game look for Juhani before initializing the recruiting of the new dialogue.

I thought the same thing a while back, and started a recruit mod, where the npc would spawn on Korriban after you killed Belaya. You could only fight Belaya on Korriban if you killed Juhani. Which means that slot would be blank. Unfortunately I never finished it, I'm not sure why, I was very close to being finished and I just tossed it off, but it's uploaded to my old website, kind of just sitting there.
 Mach1
01-22-2005, 10:18 PM
An Emperor's Guard armor and helmet..U know..They are those guys dressed in red..:guard:
 commando1968
01-23-2005, 3:26 PM
I think we need a new planet. Something that is as good as Ord Mandell. Must haves are...

1. Swoop Track (big payouts)
2. Duel Ring (like one on Taris but possibly vs. more than one person)
3. New side quests (DUH!)
4. Semi-challenging to super challenging enemies
5. A cantina (everyone's favorite place for a drink;) )
6. Therapy shop (massages *drools*)
7. New merchants and merchandise
8. New armor, weapons, the "works"

Can't think of much else.
This is just an idea:D .
 commando1968
01-23-2005, 3:28 PM
How about a skin based on Leia? Perhaps Leia's metal bikini?:cool:
 90SK
01-23-2005, 4:22 PM
^^^^

Well, theoretically that could be made using the underwear skin of all the female PCs, though I suggest just playing K2 instead (they have one there;) )

I have a question, actually. I don't remember ever seeing this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/CaptainSkye/Temp/Mandalorian.jpg) armor actually inside the game. Could someone tell me when it shows up?
 Fearless_Jedi
01-23-2005, 6:02 PM
Alright now I have made some requests in the past and I might as well do it again. most of the time I at least get pointed into the right direction on doing it myself. However this is not the case with this request because it requires some artistic ability of which I lack much.

If it is possible I request a gold color like the one in JA.
Next would be a dark green color which as a reference I only have the jedi in the first volume of Star Wars Empires Comic Collection(if anyone has it).
 Emperor Devon
01-23-2005, 7:20 PM
okay, I have a mod request, though I doubt anyone will make it. The possibility is slim, but it's worth asking.

I was wondering if someone could make the Revan outfilt (the one with the cape, hood and mask) into an item, only without the cape. Why am I asking this instead of continuing to use the Revan's mask+ mod? The answer is the maslk shows some of your character's ceeks and hair.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-24-2005, 3:37 AM
Originally posted by Fearless_Jedi
If it is possible I request a gold color like the one in JA.
Next would be a dark green color which as a reference I only have the jedi in the first volume of Star Wars Empires Comic Collection(if anyone has it).
Gold & Green what? Saber Blades, Robes, Armor, etc?

I might be able to conjure something up (or may already have ;) )
 Fearless_Jedi
01-24-2005, 9:33 AM
Gold and Dark Green Saber Blade Colors
 Darth Stryke
01-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Alright, not really a request-more of a question. I need to know if any of you modelers are making an Anakin Skywalker Episode 2 lightsaber anytime soon. I was considering making one to kick off TSL (if saber models are similar) and of course would make it in KOTOR first. But if it is already started, I shall go ahead and work on my next project. ;) Also, what is a good polycount in KOTOR for a custom saber hilt? I am not that good at modeling so I am not even sure if I could do it yet but hey...maybe it will work.

EDIT: Picture of the saber for you non-hardcore SW fans (love this saber for some reason, own the replica of it.)

http://www.thesabervault.com/files/MasterReplicas/Items/Anakinbig.jpg)
 ChAiNz.2da
01-24-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by BoL_Stryke
Also, what is a good polycount in KOTOR for a custom saber hilt? I am not that good at modeling so I am not even sure if I could do it yet but hey...maybe it will work.
Not sure about the "anyone currently modeling the saber" part, but svцsh suggests keeping the model under 1,000 poly's. T7's "Blood of Malevolance" saber is around 1,300 (correct me if I'm wrong T7), but my game has no problems running it being at that count (not to mention it looks bad-ass ;) )
 Darth Stryke
01-24-2005, 12:28 PM
In that case, I will probably start working on it but I am not that good at modelling so if someone beats me to it, I will gladly move on.

P.S. Can't wait for that Dooku saber model!
 Darkkender
01-24-2005, 4:31 PM
Alright, not really a request-more of a question. I need to know if any of you modelers are making an Anakin Skywalker Episode 2 lightsaber anytime soon. I was considering making one to kick off TSL (if saber models are similar) and of course would make it in KOTOR first. But if it is already started, I shall go ahead and work on my next project. ;) Also, what is a good polycount in KOTOR for a custom saber hilt? I am not that good at modeling so I am not even sure if I could do it yet but hey...maybe it will work.

EDIT: Picture of the saber for you non-hardcore SW fans (love this saber for some reason, own the replica of it.)

That looks alot like the anakin saber that t7nowhere has included with his lightsaber 6 pack at his site.
 Darth Stryke
01-24-2005, 4:50 PM
Well, most of anakins sabers do look similar. However, T7's is anakins Episode 3 saber (the one luke gets in ep4) and the one I posted is his episode 2 saber. Best saber info site around is this one for reference (everyone) :D

http://www.thelightsaber.com/)
 T7nowhere
01-24-2005, 8:39 PM
svцsh has Made that ep 2 Hilt, But has not yet released.
 Darth Stryke
01-25-2005, 5:59 AM
Cool, then I shall pester him via PM until it is released :p (Kidding) What hilts from Episodes 1-3 are not made yet or in progress? I have started work on a custom saber but I also like the designs of the film sabers.
 deathdisco
01-25-2005, 7:16 AM
Cool, then I shall pester him via PM until it is released :p (Kidding) What hilts from Episodes 1-3 are not made yet or in progress? I have started work on a custom saber but I also like the designs of the film sabers.

It's not from EpisodesI-III but I don't know of anyone working on a Vader Hilt.
 Mono_Giganto
01-25-2005, 9:09 AM

To my knowledge:

Episode I:
Darth Maul
Qui-Gon Jinn

Episode II:
Anakin
Dooku
Yoda
Mace Windu

Episode III:
Anakin/Luke

Episode IV:
Old Ben

Episode V:
None that I know of.

Episode VI:
(See Episode V)
 Fearless_Jedi
01-25-2005, 10:06 AM
So.....how about those Gold and Dark Green Saber Blade Colors?
 ChAiNz.2da
01-25-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Fearless_Jedi
So.....how about those Gold and Dark Green Saber Blade Colors?
I sent you a PM yesterday. Basically however, can you point me to some reference pics? I don't have JA, so I want to make sure I get the right color.
 RebelScum!
01-26-2005, 4:20 AM
IM suprised this hasnt been already asked but does anyone know of a mace windu skin and his lightsaber? If not then thats a request it would be ok if it was just a new face you could get when you started a new game and make it not for nps..and as for the lightsaber make it good...but no that good. That would be awesome. :)
 Darkkender
01-26-2005, 7:11 AM
Originally posted by RebelScum1
IM suprised this hasnt been already asked but does anyone know of a mace windu skin and his lightsaber? If not then thats a request it would be ok if it was just a nex face you could get when you started a new game and make it not for nps..and as for the lightsaber make it good...but no that good. That would be awesome. :)

Well a mace windu saber is part of T7's lightsaber 6 pack. And a skin will be a part of an up and coming MECK project release as well as Qui-gon Jin.(insider knowledge)
 RebelScum!
01-27-2005, 5:41 AM
O sweet ok thanks ill download the pack then :)
 magnoliafan78
01-27-2005, 5:07 PM
Well, I managed to get ahold of an old pc (mac user).
Anyway, I've been playing around with Kotor tool and have had little luck getting the enemies to respawn after a short time or at least every time you re-enter an area.
I tried clicking the "no permanent death" and setting the enemy to respawn a certain number of times in a certain amount of time... no luck.
I'm sure that it isn't really hard to do, I'm just doing something wrong. Anyone have some specifics on how to make this work?
 Astrin
01-27-2005, 5:17 PM
Could some one make A break party limit that way i could get like everyone in the game to do some ownage together.
 Darkkender
01-27-2005, 7:22 PM
Originally posted by Astrin
Could some one make A break party limit that way i could get like everyone in the game to do some ownage together.

This type of request has been asked numerous times I believe even earlier in this thread. The answer is no and it's not for a lack of anybody trying. This is a hardcoded element to the core of the game itself and cannot be modded around at all.

Darkkender, I have already warned you many times in the past concerning the tone of some of your posts. Please stop using caps and huge font characters in your posts. This question may have been asked many times in the past but someone who comes here for the first time may not know this. If you don't have the patience to answer politely, then do not answer. Everyone is welcomed to post here and we also encourage new members who do not have any experience with modding to try modding and post their questions.

I removed the bold caps from your post

- Darth333-
 tk102
01-28-2005, 9:22 AM
In theory though, you could script-spawn your missing party members and everyone could gang-up for a fight, then leave them behind when you're done (because they won't follow you anyway.)
 Mono_Giganto
01-28-2005, 9:31 AM
Originally posted by tk102
In theory though, you could script-spawn your missing party members and everyone could gang-up for a fight, then leave them behind when you're done (because they won't follow you anyway.)

Nor would you actually be able to switch and control them, correct?

Hey tk, you're a monkey now, cool!

tk102 says: That is correct. And I don't know what the effect would be if they died... (probably the same as when the Darkside Choker gets them.) And you're right on the second point too. See how I monkey with your post?

Very cute, tk.
 La-li-lu-le-lo
01-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Uhhhh, yes, I've got a request. Could someone make me a Darth Nihilus skin? Evn better, if possible, could he have Malak's flourish? [use the KOTOR Save Editor to change your PC to Unique Malak and you'll see ;)]

Someone could do that, I'd be grateful, as I suck at modding myself ^_^
 StormSinger
01-29-2005, 12:50 AM
He already has Malak's flourish as long as he's wielding a single bladed melee weapon.
Like a lot of other appearances, he doesn't play well with a pair of weapons.
 Janan Pacha
01-29-2005, 4:03 AM
A request of mine . . . it would be really neat if you could use a body type of any class. IE if you're a Soldier you can use a Scoundrel or Scout's body type or if you're a Scoundrel you can use a Soldier or Scouts body type or if you're a Scout you . . . hopefully get the idea by now. :p
 Mono_Giganto
01-29-2005, 7:07 AM
DOwnload the Holowan Cloakworks, you can do that with disguises.
 MarKomus
01-29-2005, 12:29 PM
I used the search feature to look for this and came up empty. Has anyone put together a force power for something like, "tame beast"? I remember Anakin pulled something like this off in AOTC. My opinion: first tier: calm beast (beast no longer attacks unless attacked); second tier: tame beast (beast cannot be attacked or attack); third tier: ally beast (beast becomes ally and attacks enemies). One risks losing experience points for not making the kill, so perhaps there should be some doled out for using this, but at a reduced reward. Any takers?
 ChAiNz.2da
01-30-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by MarKomus
Has anyone put together a force power for something like, "tame beast"? I remember Anakin pulled something like this off in AOTC. My opinion: first tier: calm beast (beast no longer attacks unless attacked); second tier: tame beast (beast cannot be attacked or attack); third tier: ally beast (beast becomes ally and attacks enemies). One risks losing experience points for not making the kill, so perhaps there should be some doled out for using this, but at a reduced reward. Any takers?
Somewhat what you had in mind...
Darth333 made a new Force Power mod "Mind Trick Force Power". Basically turning enemies into allies for 23 seconds (blatantly stolen from her site's description ;) ).

Get it here:

http://www.geocities.com/d333mods/index.html)

It's located in her Force Powers section. :)
 Jamps
01-30-2005, 6:55 AM
This is a bit early, but I think the first thing we need for Kotor2 is an after-ending mod.
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2005, 3:27 PM
My first mod for KOTOR 2 would be something that doesn't affect the game at all so i can get the FULL experience before changing stuff. Big thing for me will be changing the sabers right away so they do not all look the same and like in the films, each person has his or her own saber. :D
 EnderWiggin
01-31-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by madog
ok i am a total noob and i still cant quite figure out how to import moldles(i dont care aboot spellling but if you do then SHUT IT!!!)from gmax and i wanted to know if any one could make a Blade's Sword (for Blade I,II,III) or at least make .mdl and .mdx files so i can do the rest

Thank you all so much

Not to sound rude, but you will have a lot more people that respond to your post if you do not tell them "i dont care about spelling but if you do then shut it!"
I for one am finishing KOTOR 1 for the last time before TSL, with a clean override.

I believe most modders are finishing up their KOTOR 1 mods in preparation for KOTOR 2 on PC. (With the exception of Redhawke.... he has made 2 awesome mods this week.)

_EW_
 Almisen
01-31-2005, 8:06 AM
I have 2 ideas that u probably could help me with:

I: The Gloves

II:Malak

The Gloves
I just came up with a great idea! I thought if some1 of u awesome modders could make me a couple of gloves that can be used as a weapon. And it could be About as strong as a maxed lightsaber.
Ohhh and by the way..... If this is possible could you enable me to throw the weapon with throw lightsaber but nothing would happen but the enemie taking damage.

Malak
This is a pretty complicated idea but could you make something like an item that i could use to make me look like Darth Malak.(if u help me with the idea above please dont make this gloves to cause i want them both in the same time) I would really be glad if some1 could help me with this!

PS! Please pm any replies cause sometimes its hard to know if the replies are for me or some1 else! And i cant do theese myself cause i'm kinda' busy! Please help me! Thanks in advance! :)
 Darth333
01-31-2005, 8:46 AM
Both requests are very doable and if you want to make your own mod, this is a good place to start. It's two simple mods that take a few minutes to do :)

Originally posted by Almisen
The Gloves
I just came up with a great idea! I thought if some1 of u awesome modders could make me a couple of gloves that can be used as a weapon. And it could be About as strong as a maxed lightsaber.
Ohhh and by the way..... If this is possible could you enable me to throw the weapon with throw lightsaber but nothing would happen but the enemie taking damage. The throwing part is impssible but the rest of the mod is very easy to do. You simply have to edit the .uti file of existing gloves with Kotor tool and you are done. Check this tutorial: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132253)

Malak
This is a pretty complicated idea but could you make something like an item that i could use to make me look like Darth Malak.(if u help me with the idea above please dont make this gloves to cause i want them both in the same time) I would really be glad if some1 could help me with this! Not complicated. First, you can use Andargor's Holowan Cloakworks (one of the first mods ever made for Kotor) - check for Andargor's site in the new "List of mods" sticky or you can use tk102's KSE: http://www.pcgamemods.com/9170)

If you want to actually make a mod, then attach this script to a .dlg file (you need to compile the script) :
void main()
{
object oPC = GetPCSpeaker();
effect eDisg = EffectDisguise (DISGUISE_TYPE_N_DARTHMALAK);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, eDisg, oPC);
}
Page: 3 of 8