Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Happy Birthday tk102! New side-quest & areas

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth333
02-04-2005, 6:23 PM
Happy Birthday tk102! :cheers:
:clap2: :guitar1 :band1 :mm1 :guitar2 :clap2:

==========================================
Quest for tk102's birthday (February 4)
By Darth333 & al.

New Models by: svцsh (hv88 blasters), Seprithro (blaster model), t7nowhere (saber models + birthday cake)

Download: http://www.pcgamemods.com/10110/) ...and a small patch in this post: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1748548#post1748548)

Direct Download Link:
http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/10110/tk_birthday.zip)

============================================
WARNING: Do not warp from the Endar Spire. Get at least to Taris or this mod won't work as I re-used a global from the Endar Spire! warping from Taris to Tatoine is fine...just raise your stats ;)

This is a side quest in which you have to find some items required for the preparation of tk102's birthday. The quest spans over three planets and includes new areas and many hard ennemies (for cheaters or high lvl characters only!)

To begin the mission, go to the swoop registration office in Tatoine and listen carefully. (Do not warp to the new areas: you'll get stuck.)

Explore the various dialogue options as they can sometimes lead you to different solutions and items. But remember, if you disobey my orders, you better travel around well armed!
And if you speak badly of some people, expect to gain DS points! Some doors maybe locked, it's up to you to discover how to open them...

(Note: once you have unlocked the door in Dreshdae, to enter, look down, just in front of the door. The "lock" is placed a little low )

Some of the dialogues in this mod will make more sense if you are a regular member of Holowan labs. In any event, I suggest you play Doom_Dealer's Holowspire mod (available here: http://www.pcgamemods.com/5453) to fully understand the dialogue with Doom_Dealer.

Many members of LucasForums, mainly from Holowan labs, make at least cameo appreances in this mod:

tk102
svцsh
T7nowhere
Prime
Boba Rhett (da boss man)
Doom_Dealer
Achilles (sorry Achilles but I couldn't give you Malak's appearance :D )
REdhawke
Tanesh
Fred Tetra
ChAiNz.2da
Xavier2
CDRSeadog
Darkkender
Mono_Gignato
FiEND_138 and his band
Seprithro
cchargin (try to find him - I was inspired by his avatar :p)

Unfortunately, tk102's birthday is on February 4th and due to this "deadline" I couldn't include more people although I wanted to.

You'll find svцsh's blaster on Doom_Dealer, Seprithro and t7 carry their own items.

I would have like to make more balanced ennemies but due to time contraints it was impossible. If an interest is shown, i could turn this mod into a "more serious" smuggling mission.

=========================================
INSTALLATION/REMOVAL -
======================================

To install the mod:

Put the files contained in the folder called "For override" in your override directory. Default location is: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override

Drop the files contained in the folder called "For Modules" in your Modules folder. Default location is: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Modules

To remove, delete the files from your override folder and remove the 4 following files from your modules folder:

d3_czerka.mod
d3_party.mod
ebo_burn.mod
d3_banned.mod

=====================================

The Models by svцsh (hv88 blasters), Seprithro (blaster model) and t7nowhere (saber models + birthday cake) were included in this mod with their permission.

If you want to get the models separately, visit:
svцsh: http://www.angelfire.com/crazy2/xclone_0101/kotor_mods.htm)

Seprithro: http://www.pcgamemods.com/9268/)

T7nowhere: http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=105329)
 tk102
02-04-2005, 6:35 PM
Holy @*%#!!! This is so cool! Thank you! You are great friends to do this. :D :D

Edit: Finally played through the whole thing this afternoon. It's a very side quest Darth333 in its own right. You should be happy with the great work you did.

Thank you again! And to everybody else in Holowan, thank you for all your birthday wishes! I had a great day.
 Boba Rhett
02-04-2005, 6:42 PM
Woah, this is the coolest thing ever! :eek:

I can't believe I still haven't bought the PC version of Knights. :o I may go try and pick it up tomorrow and try this out!

Oh man, I almost forgot, Happy Birthday, tk102!

*hands tk102 a birthday gift basket and an elf*

The Elf's name is Skittles ad he enjoys holding his breath and befouling things. Enjoy! :rhett:
 Mav
02-04-2005, 6:43 PM
Awesome job on an awesome mod Darth333, and of course happy birthday to tk102, you have definetly been one of the more helpful people here and where would I be without KSE and all the rest of your various tools, thank you tk and I wish you a very happy birthday.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-04-2005, 6:46 PM
Sweet it's released!...now I can confess :lol:

Hey tk, thanks to Darth333, she pointed out to me it was going to be your birthday. I didn't want to say anything because I knew this was coming, and I just wanted to see your reaction (this sure beats my avatar huh? ;) ) hehehe

:rock: :emodanc: Happy Birthday tk102!! :sbdance :cheers:

and Darth333 (and everyone involved), this looks fantastic, can't wait to play this!! I guess we all get to celebrate with tk :D

OK, so who brought the paddles, and who gets to give the first 'swat' to the birthday boy ;)
 wolfshadow
02-04-2005, 7:27 PM
Does it have to be the 1st time to Tattooine for the mod to work?
 Darth333
02-04-2005, 7:36 PM
No, you can go to tatoine at any time during the game to start this quest.

BTW, replace the module d3_party.mod by this file: (adds cchargin and corrects the dlg with ChAiNz.2da and the cake.).
 RedHawke
02-04-2005, 7:40 PM
So that's what you have been doing Darth333! :)

Very nice idea, sort of like a SW KOTOR treasure hunt...

And happy b-day tk102! :D

:gift: :cheers:
 stingerhs
02-04-2005, 7:42 PM
well, congrats!!!

umm, considering your b-day is, well, umm, over by 21 min, i guess you'll have to consider this (http://gallery.spacebar.org/images/misc/birthday.jpg) as a belated present.

anyway, hope you enjoy it. :D
 90SK
02-04-2005, 7:43 PM
This is really nifty D333! You guys sure know how to throw a party. ;) Superb job, and happy B-Day tk102!:elephant:
 T7nowhere
02-04-2005, 8:45 PM
Can't wait to play it.

Happy birthday tk.
 svцsh
02-04-2005, 9:21 PM
Happy birthday :bday2: :roll1: TK , hope it a great one :bounmult:

I Just reinstalled kotor to play this mod looks great Darth et al, great work as always! :thumbsup:

svцsh
 FiEND_138
02-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Just played it & that was FUN!!!
Great work.

Happy B-Day TK!!! :elephant: :monkey4: :elephant:
 RebelScum!
02-05-2005, 2:43 AM
Little lat but read my sig and avatar!
 Seprithro
02-05-2005, 7:11 AM
nice job darth awsome mod cheers to you Tk
 Leviathan
02-05-2005, 7:20 AM
Excuse me to be late, but happy birthday nevertheless to tk102 !
I do not have any present to offer, but it is the gesture which is important, no ?
 Darth Stryke
02-05-2005, 7:28 AM
This is just a fun mod. You guys did a great job on this! Happy birthday TK, sorry I am a bit late! :D
 Mono_Giganto
02-05-2005, 8:14 AM
I have got to try this today, great work Darth333.

And happy birthday TK!
 Darkkender
02-05-2005, 8:48 AM
Well I will say this here as well Very good job Darth333. Since I wasn't aware of it yesterday I will wish you a belated Happy Birthday TK102. So was the boss man nice enough to give you a day or 2 off here at the boards.
 Darth_ToMeR
02-05-2005, 8:55 AM
Very very nice!!! And happy birthday!
 Keiko
02-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Happy birthday Tk102! And, also, a AWESOME mod, Darth333! Sorry i'm late! Hehe! P.s. That's cool, mine and yours is only two days apart! Mines tommorow, YAY!:D :bday2:
 T7nowhere
02-06-2005, 1:03 AM
Ok I finally got to play it, and I'm glad you finally found a way to use that area. That Pazaak player still cracks me up. :) A strange thing happend on my way to the party though.

For a split second Bastila appeared and was surrounded in a red cloud and she said something like "what, whats going on" then it cut to the landing scene.

It seemed abrupt though and I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that Bastila was no longer part of my group.

Also an odd bug occured when I went to the czerka office. I had Mission in my party abd the little rodian would only talk about griff and nothing else. as soon as I sent her back to the hawk everything was fine.

I know you said this a Joke Mod, but you still did a great job. :)
 tk102
02-06-2005, 4:26 AM
A strange thing happend on my way to the party though. That happened for me too, but you can still get enjoyment out of it if you read the dialog in the Feedback screen.
 Darth333
02-06-2005, 6:23 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
For a split second Bastila appeared and was surrounded in a red cloud and she said something like "what, whats going on" then it cut to the landing scene.

Ah! Crap! :mad: That was supposed to be a cutscene. I donиt know what happened: when I tested it it was ok but I just noticed that Carth disappeared when I removed the sound for his dialogue :(

in short, he says the Ebon Hawk is on fire because of the candles! Good thing you purchased insurance :D
 sketch42
02-06-2005, 7:20 PM
How Do i edit the global.jrl to make this compatible with RedHawks ORDMandell Mod????

btw Happy Very Belated B-day tk... :D
 Darth333
02-06-2005, 7:36 PM
Originally posted by sketch42
How Do i edit the global.jrl to make this compatible with RedHawks ORDMandell Mod????

btw Happy Very Belated B-day tk... :D
Check this thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1741889#post1741889)
 Starcat5
02-09-2005, 7:09 PM
Let me know when you manage to work out the patch. I for one would love to see this.
 Prime
02-11-2005, 2:42 AM
Happy belated birthday, partner. Sorry I didn't do it sooner, but I haven't had access to the Net. :)

Can't wait to get home and try this out...
 Liverandbacon
05-02-2005, 5:30 PM
I'm sorry about bringing this old thread to the front again, but I've just downloaded the mod, and I cant seem to get the pazaak player to work properly. When I say I want to play for his authorization, It just ends the dialog. After I play him (or her, I can't really tell) once, whenever I try to talk again, it just ends the dialog. :confused:
 Darth333
05-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Liverandbacon
I'm sorry about bringing this old thread to the front again, but I've just downloaded the mod, and I cant seem to get the pazaak player to work properly. When I say I want to play for his authorization, It just ends the dialog. After I play him (or her, I can't really tell) once, whenever I try to talk again, it just ends the dialog. :confused:
Are you talking about Achilles? I tested it and it works for me :confused:

The dialogue is actually pretty simple:
NPC: Hello there!
Player: (blank)
NPC: Are you ready for a game of Pazaak?
Player:
-> Sure, let's play! ->starts pazaak
-> No thanks -> exits dialogue.

Note that this mod was made for a specific occasion and I had very little time to release it and couldn't polish it as much as I would have wanted to.
 tk102
05-03-2005, 12:27 AM
This mod brings back great memories.
Originally posted by Darth333
Note that this mod was made for a specific occasion and I had very little time to release it and couldn't polish it as much as I would have wanted to. It was still much appreciated and came as a very welcome surprise. I am certain that svцsh and Colja know exactly what I mean. :)
 svцsh
05-03-2005, 4:17 AM
Very much so Tk , A very nice surprise and i was touched that my friends would do this for Colja’s and my birthday. Just Shows what kind of great people they are :)

svцsh
 Liverandbacon
05-03-2005, 8:39 AM
No, it was the guy who goes on about you being a lab tech in the Czerka facility. I would have been more specific if I had known there was another. Sorry.:)
 Darth333
05-03-2005, 10:03 AM
No, it was the guy who goes on about you being a lab tech in the Czerka facility. I would have been more specific if I had known there was another. Sorry.:)
oh that "guy" :D I have to check when I get home.

..and tk, svosh: it was as much fun to do for you guys :D
 Liverandbacon
05-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks. :)
 Liverandbacon
05-03-2005, 4:06 PM
Oh, also I read the link on editing global.jrl, but I don't really understand how to make the mod compatible with RedHawke's ord mandell mod. Does the self-unzipping .exe file automatically overwrite your version? Sorry, I am a complete and utter noob. :)
 Darth333
05-03-2005, 4:11 PM
Oh, also I read the link on editing global.jrl, but I don't really understand how to make the mod compatible with RedHawke's ord mandell mod. Does the self-unzipping .exe file automatically overwrite your version? Sorry, I am a complete and utter noob. :) It should ask you to replace the existing global.jrl file in your override folder.

If you want an easy solution, What you can do is rename Redhawke's file to keep it in your override folder and install this one. Once you are done with my mod, delete the file (or rename it to something else) and put back Redhawke's. (note: don't do this with other .2da files such as spells.2da or appearance.2da unless you have a specific reason for doing so: the mods will stop working)
 Xcom
05-03-2005, 6:12 PM
Happy Birthday, tk.

<edit>

oops..

well, better late than never. :D :o :p
 Liverandbacon
05-03-2005, 6:30 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
It should ask you to replace the existing global.jrl file in your override folder.

That's odd, because it didn't do that.
Originally posted by Darth333 Once you are done with my mod, delete the file (or rename it to something else) and put back Redhawke's.
What if I want to keep the birthday mod?

Thanks for the help, I hope I find out what's wrong with the pazaak "guy".
 RedHawke
05-03-2005, 10:54 PM
What if I want to keep the birthday mod?
Then you will have to "merge" the two global.jrl files from my mod(s) and Darth333's birthday mod with a GFF Editor. :D
 Liverandbacon
05-04-2005, 9:09 AM
<stupid noob question> How do I do that? </stupid noob question>
 Darth333
05-04-2005, 10:15 AM
LIke this: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143372) ;) Unfortunately, there's no way to automatically merge them :o but it's the best way to learn :p

I coulnd't check the pazaak player thing yesterday. I'll be able to do it tonight.
 Liverandbacon
05-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks, I think I understand, I just copy and paste the bit about your quest into RedHawke's global.jrl file, rename it, and then I'm done, right?
 brwarner
10-15-2005, 5:37 PM
I talked to everyone in the tatoine swoop place and they are all just ravcers, nothing happened
 Mono_Giganto
10-15-2005, 5:40 PM
What contents of the mod did you extract? Are there many files or a single file with the .rar extension?
 brwarner
10-15-2005, 6:08 PM
I extracted override to override and modules to modules
 The_Maker
10-15-2005, 6:43 PM
If you already had been in the module with the edited characters/diaglogue/whatever it won't work because its been pre-loaded.

Try a savegame before then and see if that helps ;)
 Darth333
10-15-2005, 8:50 PM
If you already had been in the module with the edited characters/diaglogue/whatever it won't work because its been pre-loaded.

Try a savegame before then and see if that helps ;)
No, it will work even if the area has been loaded before as it is fired with a script when you enter the area.

In order to fire the script, you must have done the Endar Spire and not warp to Tatoine from the beginning of the game as the script reuses a global from there (I didn't wanted to edit globalcat.2da in order not to create compatibility issues). You can warp to Tatoine from Taris however or set the Global variable End_TraskTalk to 1 with KSE.

Someone should greet you on Tatoine when you enter the Swoop racing area.

try reinstalling and make sure there are no subfolders inside your override folder.

Note that this is a joke mod so don't take anything seriously ;)
 akuma7802
08-21-2006, 10:25 AM
is there another link to download this mod that is not at pcgamemods.com i would like to play this mod.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Page: 1 of 2