Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

brush limit?

Page: 1 of 1
 JeeMonkey
01-28-2005, 8:22 PM
ok i searched everywhere for an answer to this problem and i found the answer......only the answer doesnt make sense

i am gettin an error that says ************ ERROR ************
MAX_MAP_BRUSHES (32768)

so i search around for a solution and it says that the problem isnt the number of brushes, but the number of surfaces matters.......only i deleted every single brush and surface that i added since the last good version of my map.....and then some
but the problem hasnt been fixed.

what the F- is going on?

and why should the number of surfaces matter when my map takes seconds to load in gtk radient, and has great fps?
 JeeMonkey
01-30-2005, 6:57 PM
ok its been over a week and no one has responded.......thx a lot!
 demo
01-31-2005, 4:32 AM
ERROR: MAX_MAP_BRUSHSIDES
This is normally a problem with your total amount of brushes on the map being over the limit, the limit is apparently 32768, so you should try to get rid of some brushes. If your amount of brushes is around that area or you can remove some brush sides, each brush has multiply sides so try removing some of the sides that wouldn't be seen when playing

you posted that a bit back if you've read it i have no clue but make sure the brushes inside are detail so they arn't drawn as a different area or select the stuff you want and prefab it then open it

try brush clean up too
Page: 1 of 1