Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Invisible Walls

Page: 1 of 1
 mikenike07054
01-18-2005, 6:16 AM
Im having a big problem in my map that i need help with. In my map i made a huge Wall, it dint have a texture or anything, so it was that checkerd blue colr. I went into my map and decided i dint like it, but for some reason, its in my map, but cannot be seen, or selected in GTK radiant, does anyone know how i can fix this? thanks alot:fett:
 mergatroid
01-18-2005, 9:00 AM
Have you checked the filters in: VIEW-->FILTERS
Check and see if you haven't 'filtered' that brush out.
 Nokill
01-18-2005, 9:19 AM
you probally got an errored wall maby press the to litle arrows the green one to filer errored brushes and try again if it dos not work try to copy paste your brushes into anothere map file and *hope* the brush will be gone :o

these are pretty anoying errors i have had tem myself
 Jedi_Vogel
01-19-2005, 5:00 PM
Isn't the checkered blue thing the "notex" texture, which basically means there is "no texture"...? rendering it invisible.

[edit] never mind you said you can't see it in Radiant... uhm...

Check you haven't got cubic clipping on, cos that can be annoying in camera view...

it's late, I'm tired, I make no sense :P
 mikenike07054
01-20-2005, 6:08 AM
Thats the things its not invisible, in my .map file its not there at all, you vcant see it, and if you select something in back of it like the sky shader, you dont see a big white triangle like a wall in the way. The wierd thing is, after the BSP process, you see the actual NO SHADER texture. so i have a huge Blue and Black Checkered Triangle in my map thatts not sposed to be there. The only way i thin k i could hide it is to Make another triangle over it with a the same sky shader as my board, but there will stil be a huge triangle, and my board is a Map for flying so that wont work out too well.
 demo
01-20-2005, 11:09 AM
do brush clean up
 KenshinHimura03
01-24-2005, 4:49 PM
I had a very similar problem. The solution was to copy my entire map into a new map and save it as a different map name.
 mikenike07054
01-24-2005, 5:41 PM
ok can i do it like i make a new brush, select it, then invert selection, so that it selects everything else? or do i have to select everything manually?
 wedge2211
01-27-2005, 6:38 AM
Just deselect everything and hit I (invert selection).

But first, be sure you already tried (1) Checking your filters and (2) Brush Cleanup (under PLugins)
Page: 1 of 1