Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding K2 (xbox stuff, for now)

Page: 3 of 3
 DarthPsycho
01-15-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Dak Vesser
I don't think that there's anyway or anywhere in the 2D array to start inventory at the character setup.

The easiest way to get a Lightsaber at the start of the game, is to just drop one in one of the corpses. A corpse is a placeable In the Modules that you can find in the RIMs file.

When your character wakes up out of the Kolto Tank at the start of the game, that's RIMs "101PER_s.rim" You can look in Blueprint, Placeables within 101PER_s.rim, and you'll find "g_tresgencorp005.utp" <---That's the first corpse (with the "Vibrocutter") you find after you talk with Kreia and leave to unlock the first door.

With Kotor II, Fred Tetra's Kotor Tool is having a problem when it comes to looking at the inventory through the "Placeable Editor" It's better to just extract the file out and use GFF editor to add Items. In this case a Lightsaber.

That's the way I do it.

Thanks mate, your a smart cookie BTW.

Im looked at the influence.2da and noticed all the figures are at 50, suppose if I increase them it will make me have better influence with my NPC's.
 Montross87
01-19-2005, 8:03 PM
Storm when are you releasing your saves?
 StormSinger
01-19-2005, 9:51 PM
I'm wrapping the first of them up tonight. Sometime Thursday, probably afternoon.
 Montross87
01-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Jeeze, I sure picked the right time to ask that question.
 envida
01-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Hey Stormsinger since you already know so much about K2. Have you seen the files that seem to be for droid world? The developers at Obsidian said they took out the droid world at the last minute and it seems it's still in the game.
I'm new to this modding stuff but I had a look at the Xbox game files with the Kotor Tool and under Rims/Modules there are some files that start with 801DRO.rim - 805DRO.rim. I had a look at these files and it looks like it is the Droid world! Since I have no idea on how to go about trying these levels I was hoping you could check it out, since you already managed to access the HK Factory.

I mean it would be awesome if we where able to play the Droid level, since they cut it out at the least minute I would guess it’s more or less complete.
 StormSinger
01-22-2005, 11:59 PM
It's there. Not complete by any means... more of a test area. If you've been through the game, you'd recognize some things from a certain level.

Some very odd stuff there. I didn't even try to figure out what some of it was doing there. I was planning on posting a save similar to the HK factory, so people could check it out.
Some of it is disconnected, so you can't get to all the areas, but most of it is still accessible.

I'll post it sometime this next week.
 envida
01-23-2005, 1:12 AM
Ok that's cool. I'll have a look at it when it's availible :)
 Tonku-Lhasa
01-24-2005, 6:53 AM
Originally posted by StormSinger
I'm wrapping the first of them up tonight. Sometime Thursday, probably afternoon.

Thanks millions STORMSINGER, I just downloaded the new modified save and will tinker around with it some later tonight. Thanx extra for including a bald head character! :)

Very impressive indeed.
 Tonku-Lhasa
01-25-2005, 6:56 AM
Thanx again to STORMSINGER.

I played with the save last night, and it is nothing short of awesome! I must confess that I don't understand how the custom items are able to work on my unmoded XBOX, but I'm thankfull anyway.

As feedback, I did notice two minor issues:

1. While my character can immidiately equip the wrist rocket launcher, I cannot seem to find any rockets selectable. Perhaps I have to get the Mara character first?

2. The "unique" crystals seem to change once equipped, becoming multiple reproductions of the standard character crystal. I'll do more research on this.

I love being able to start the game with a lightsaber, and the skins are just too much fun.

Excellent work.
 StormSinger
01-25-2005, 7:27 AM
I've tested the rockets on an unmodded xbox and they all work fine from the very start of the game. It takes a bit of scrolling to get to them though.

The crystals were "wait and see" issue. I knew the game would react in some way, but I just wasn't sure how.
There isn't much I can do about it in a save, unfortunately.
 Tonku-Lhasa
01-25-2005, 12:29 PM
I've tested the rockets on an unmodded xbox and they all work fine from the very start of the game. It takes a bit of scrolling to get to them though.

The crystals were "wait and see" issue. I knew the game would react in some way, but I just wasn't sure how.
There isn't much I can do about it in a save, unfortunately.

Oh, I'm not complaining, not one bit! I was giddy as a schoolgirl when I started tinkering with the extras. :)

I'll post more when I see how the character crystals, and tuning interract with the new custom crystals.

...must remember to scroll more....
 envida
02-01-2005, 5:33 AM
Can't get at the textures as far as I know. Even some of the erf files have an invalid header as far as the GFF editor is concerned.

If you rename the SuperModels folder to TexturePacks the Kotor Tool will read the textures. If that is what you are talking about.
 StormSinger
02-01-2005, 6:18 AM
No, the textures are in the bifs. I jumped the gun on that comment.
There are some other files I'm not sure are being read.
 Dak Vesser
02-01-2005, 1:34 PM
Lightsabers are a strange trip when it comes to modding them. Take "g_w_dblsbr002" <---Red Double-Lightsaber, for example. Trick it out with high properties and what not, give it a new name, like "Darth Ming's lightsaber" with a discription, leave the tag alone, and you have modified version of "g_w_dblsbr002" in the game. Now, when you take "Darth Ming's" red saber to a Work Bench, change the color crystal to, let's say "Yellow", all the sudden it's no longer Darth Mings' lightsaber. It now says "Double Lightsaber and you lost your discription as well.

Another weird one is: Creating a new lighsaber with a custom Tag like:"g_w_dblsbr012" Set the model variation at 2, you now have a working Red Lightsaber without a red crystal. "mhmmmm" On the work bench you'll notice No color crystal in the hilt , yet it's red, and when you try to add one in, ---> the game crashes. You can upgrade everything else on that lighsaber, just not the crystal. Has anybody else come across this problem? and if so, have you figured out a way to custom tag a saber with it's color crystal installed?
 StormSinger
02-01-2005, 2:27 PM
That's always been a problem because of the way the sabers are identified by color. Change the color crystal and you effectively change the type of saber.
If you want to keep a custom saber alive and well, you have to take the 2da route. Sabers are defined in a couple of 2da files.
You can even add new colors that way as long as you back them up with the other files they'll need.
 Dak Vesser
02-01-2005, 2:59 PM
Ok I gotcha on that. I can pretty much see how that works now. But it doesn't look like I can make a game save out of the Saber's custom identity in the 2da. Oh well, people that downloaed my saves will probably figure that out about my modded sabers.

Actually, If you download my 4th GameSave at codeJunkies, you'll see that some of the red sabers were custom tagged with no red crystal. the sabers are "dropable". I uploaded it yesterday morning.

:evanpiel: <----what in the hell is this thing?
 Darth Stryke
02-01-2005, 3:43 PM
Just to answer your last question, that thing is Even Piell, a Jedi Master on the council in Episode 1. :D (Feels like a geek now)
 Tonku-Lhasa
02-02-2005, 6:46 AM

STORMSINGER, do you have any interest in posting a link to your wonderful KOTOR2 XBOX saves on the OBSIDIAN site?

I think they add a lot of replay value and possibility to the game.

Just a thought.
 Tdcquicksilver5
02-03-2005, 5:57 PM
Were do I put my override folder?I have TSL installed in E:\games\swkotor.Do I need to change the .ini files?
 StormSinger
02-03-2005, 6:56 PM
The override folder goes in the game directory.
 Tdcquicksilver5
02-05-2005, 3:12 AM
With Kotor II, Fred Tetra's Kotor Tool is having a problem when it comes to looking at the inventory through the "Placeable Editor" It's better to just extract the file out and use GFF editor to add Items. In this case a Lightsaber I extracted the file and edited the inventory with leto,but i dont know what to do with it after that.
 Dak Vesser
02-06-2005, 5:35 AM
After you're done editing the file, "Save as" the "name of file".utp if it's a placeable, or .utc if it's a character, or .uti if it's an Item - and then take the file and drag it in the xbox's Override folder using "FlashFXP" file transfer program. Some people, I hear use kazaa lite to do it, but not me.

(Quick Tip): Changing the "StackSize" in any item such as a lightsaber or parts, or any other item will determine the quantity. For example: Changing the stacksize from 1 to 100 in g_i_progspike01.uti will equal 100 Spikes per drop.
Page: 3 of 3