Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Republic Commando: Progress Report @ IGN

Page: 1 of 1
 Pad
12-03-2004, 6:13 AM
Release is comming a bit closer (although march 1st still is far away) and we get a new preview from IGN with new screenshots and five new videos. :D

LinkmepleaseorIwillblowup (http://pc.ign.com/articles/570/570529p1.html)

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/570/570386/star-wars-republic-commando-20041202060430031.jpg)
 eastcoast2895
12-03-2004, 2:15 PM
great to hear a progress report. kinda is worriesome when you hear less and less news. sounds like the game is shaping up into the final product. also love the "cool moves" that can be performed.

watching the videos, the squad talk sounds great, not too much but just enough to remind me that they are their and more than just regular npcs. what seemed to be a boss battle sounded great. the noises from the guns and the music were terrific and made a real star wars feel to the video. also the teamate a.i. during that fight seemed smart (for a.i. controlled teamates) even without commands.

love this screen, seems that the game has the same type of subtle humor i enjoy in the movies

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/570/570386/star-wars-republic-commando-20041202060502311.jpg)

a warning to the people who hate to be spoiled, there is a small spoiler that may not even be considered a spoiler but may leave some wondering what they have just learned.
 Alegis
12-03-2004, 11:53 PM
I love it that you can be revived, because usually i go frontlines but then again your mates can be revived (unlike you in them games) so i have to send them as bullet magnets...
filling you with enough energy to temporarily stay alive.
Temporarily? Unless they mean till you get killed again...

Nice to have an article again. Was also getting worried
 Evil Dark Jedi
12-03-2004, 11:59 PM
Nice find Pad. Its good that they put comedy into the game. Hope it stays.
 ZBomber
12-04-2004, 6:57 AM
Videos! :D

Nice find Pad, thanks for posting it! ^_^
 JDKnite188
12-08-2004, 4:00 AM
I was impressed with the Kashykk (sp? yeah, I am lazy right now) movie. The architecture was greatly detailed, and everything had a dark, suspensful feel, a contrast to the cartoonish JO and JA. Good ole SW, indeed.

The weapons also seem to be hard-core.
 ZBomber
12-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Heh, I just noticed: Look at the pic Pad posted, in the blue part on the left of the scope. :)
 adillon
12-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Heh, I just noticed: Look at the pic Pad posted, in the blue part on the left of the scope. :)
you mean the commando?

why oh why are those videos for IGN subscribers?! :(
 ZBomber
12-08-2004, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by adillon
you mean the commando?

why oh why are those videos for IGN subscribers?! :(

No, I think it's a battle droid. ;)
 adillon
12-09-2004, 3:54 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
No, I think it's a battle droid. ;)
yeah, i guess it could be ... thought it was a commando, and since he was in the 'border' of the scope it was distorted somehow. either that, or he's just very skinny.
Page: 1 of 1