Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which of the "Classic" games would you want to be remade?

Page: 1 of 1
 Nairb Notneb
11-07-2004, 4:40 PM
Which one of the "classic" games would you want to have Lucas Arts remade ro maybe just rereleased? Or possibly a version two (if there wasn't one already) etc.

I really want a Rebellion II because I could get enough of that game. Plus, the Tie-Fighter and X-Wing series games were among the best.
 topshot
11-10-2004, 5:38 PM
If I had my choice of LucasArts "classics", I'd say Full Throttle. I never really played the full version of the game, but by just playing the demo, I was hooked. I looked everywhere for a copy of the game, but most of the stores didn't have it in stock.

Damn them for cancelling the production of the PC/XBox sequel..........

MUTINY, I SAY! :cool: MUTINY!:D
 Leper Messiah
11-10-2004, 6:12 PM
Supremacy/Rebellion because that did kick ass, its a shame they never continued and made that a series, with all the advances in technology since sequels could have had homeworld-esque combat. and the updates to the expanded universe since the game mean new missions and events could always be happening. anyone who owned that game ever get to the "final battle" scenario more than once?
 Evil Dark Jedi
11-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Probably the first Dark Forces. That game was the best.
 Shok_Tinoktin
11-10-2004, 11:21 PM
I would say Rebellion because I never got a chance to try it, and it looked really good and I don't know (mostly too lazy to look) where to get it. My other choice would be another game in the X-Wing series. IMO the best two games are TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance, so I would love to see another one, especially after seeing the screenshots of jtls.
 Kurgan
12-13-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Nairb Notneb
Which one of the "classic" games would you want to have Lucas Arts remade ro maybe just rereleased? Or possibly a version two (if there wasn't one already) etc.

I really want a Rebellion II because I could get enough of that game. Plus, the Tie-Fighter and X-Wing series games were among the best.

I'd like to see Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith remade.

On the following condition:

Gameplay remains unchanged. I mean the speeds, buttons, etc. be the same as the original Win95 versions.

- Otherwise everything else can be modernized (well, I say leave the cutscenes alone, unless LEC has some higher res versions of those FMV cutscenes lying around they want to re-encode and use, we can dream right?).

- Improved graphics. Probably shouldn't use the Q3 engine though, since the lighting model for JK/MotS was so good and never fully duplicated in JK2/JA.

- "FPS Enhancements" you know, the usual, like chasecams, customizable AI Bots, pure server option, demo recording, kick by numbers, rcon style administration, dedicated servers, enhanced netcode, higher number of players (16 was the max, and 32 was next to impossible, previously), etc.

- Control improvements. I said leave the controls the same, but they could improve support for multi-button mice, like being able to use my five button intellimouse optical with mouse wheel and map any button to any function. ; )

A nice console would be good too. And text/HUD that can be scaled appropriately according to user-taste and to the resolution used (JK/MotS both had a flaw that in higher res.. ie: anything over 800x600 the text and HUD got REALLY SMALL and hard to read). Plus the font used was too limited (too many symbols and letters looked alike). This should have been fixed.

Other key features: the 3-D overlay map has to stay!

If other enhancements are desired, drivable Speeder Bikes, and enemies that ride Kell Dragons and Speeder Bikes could be added in key places, as well as the ability to "kick" with secondary fire fists.

As far as MotS is concerned, the same stuff could apply (except kicking I guess), with bug fixes. An enhancement to add to this would be CTF, tailored specially for use with the "Personalities" classes or without.

But aside from all that, these would just be the same games with a facelift and better online support. Sort of like those Source Ports that have been released for games like Doom/2 & Duke Nukem 3-D.
----------------------------

Other than that, I'd love to see a revamped "Outlaws" game. Keep it the same, except make it full 3-D with modern graphics and add two important features to both Single and Multiplayer:

Dual Pistols

Ridable Horses (perhaps limiting some of the weapons you can use while in the saddle)
 90SK
12-13-2004, 1:00 PM
Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi
Probably the first Dark Forces. That game was the best.

I'd have to agree, though the DF mod team is doing a pretty fine job of re-creating it, IMO.
 Jinni Tsurugi
01-12-2005, 11:10 AM
I would have to go with topshot, Full Throttle is tight, but a sequal would be nice too.
 shukrallah
01-30-2005, 2:31 PM
How about Shadows of the Empire?
 90SK
01-31-2005, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Thats not a bad idea either. SotE was a pretty slick game. I always loved how it used flight and FPS modes. The veriety was refreshing.
 Great Scott!
10-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Wow... a topic this old on the first page? Strange... Anyways, I'd have to say a game similar to Yoda Stories (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153563), but make it more like an action RPG. I'd love to see it on the DS, but if they did remake it, it'd probably end up on the GBA.
 shukrallah
10-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Thats because this forum is dead... for the most part.
 90SK
10-09-2005, 2:34 PM
"Dead" is such a harsh word. I prefer "comatose".
 shukrallah
10-09-2005, 8:47 PM
"Not Active"
 90SK
10-09-2005, 9:17 PM
There we go.
 kookaburra
10-30-2005, 3:44 AM
Super Empire Strikes Back
 Paelon_Veers
01-13-2006, 9:33 PM
Rebel Assault I
 shukrallah
01-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Hah, this thread gets a few new posts each year. :D
 90SK
01-13-2006, 11:44 PM
I wonder just how long this thing will last? I place my bet on two more years before a passing s-mod ends it.
 Jamps
01-14-2006, 1:34 PM
EP1: The Phantom Menace.

I wish they would remake some of their older games. (I like the classic forums, even though about 4-5 people regularly visit.)
 Murray the Chao
01-14-2006, 11:01 PM
No reason why we couldn't have had the Super Star Wars Trilogy on the GBA.
 DarthDeceptus
01-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Shadows of the Empire, or perhaps legendary x-wing vs. tie fighter
 LDB_modeski
05-26-2006, 6:55 AM
I'd definitely go with the Dark Forces II/Mysteries of the Sith. The storyline was really absorbing. JK II was the first game I played 13 hours straight. :)
 Captain-Panaka7
05-26-2006, 11:38 AM
DARK FORCES II BY FAR! they could remake it to have better graphics
 Echo-7
06-01-2006, 10:30 AM
DARK FORCES II BY FAR! they could remake it to have better graphics

I AGREE LOL
 dacsus
07-02-2007, 11:07 AM
If it were up to me, I'ld want a new version of X-Wing. Maybe add some of the fighters from the prequel to "spice it up", but the game has stood the test of time and is still one of my favourites.
 TripHammer
08-29-2007, 12:00 PM
I'd like to see the old arcade games on PC. The arcade cabinet games came out when the movies came out. I loved playing those games. The old Star Wars game that looked like a Star Wars version of Battlezone, there was a Return of the Jedi Game, among others. Good stuff.
 Sir Phobos
09-03-2007, 2:31 AM
My first choice would be Rebellion, second would be X-Wing. Both are great games that need to be revisited.
 BattousaiCV
09-07-2007, 7:09 PM
Teras Kasi isn't a classic but I'd like to see a 1 on 1 fighter that does the franchise some justice.
 DarkLord79at
01-08-2008, 6:24 PM
Well since LA/LEC f... things up greatly with X-Wing Collectors' Series, I'd like that to be remade on first thought. It was such a promising product - but replacing the great MIDIs especially of Bajakian (T/F) with digital CD audio really destroyed the atmosphere.
They should make a proper DirectMusic variant of the games and include any cutscenes they left out.

Dark Forces would certainly be great but at least we have the Mod Project for JK2 regarding that.

Rebellion/Supremacy could be interesting as well since it featured quite weak in-game 3D graphics.

My 2 cents for the time being.
 LordOfTheFish
02-19-2008, 1:58 PM
Power Battles was such a good game.I would love to see what they could with it now!
 Goldblum
05-23-2009, 11:40 PM
It's quite hard to choose. Most of the games hold up well enough for me, as I played them when they were out. It's far different for someone just recently "discovering" them. I would have to say in light of the DF Mod, I'd like to see Shadows of the Empire possibly redone. With more in terms of story and cutting edge CGI sequences. I love the character of Dash Rendar, and I think alot could be done with him.
 LordOfTheFish
05-30-2009, 11:43 PM
^I agree. That was a great game.
 Darth Avlectus
05-31-2009, 9:39 PM

Agreed. In fact I wonder if there couldn't be a mod made for JO or JA to re enact this whole game. A well made mod.

Rebel Assault I

Good choice.

I wonder just how long this thing will last? I place my bet on two more years before a passing s-mod ends it.

Hmm. It's been longer than that and it hasn't been closed.

EP1: The Phantom Menace.

I wish they would remake some of their older games. (I like the classic forums, even though about 4-5 people regularly visit.)

TPM could also be imitated or emulated by the more recent games via a mod.
No porting, just a well made mod.

No reason why we couldn't have had the Super Star Wars Trilogy on the GBA.

Now *that* would be interesting.

I'd like to see the old arcade games on PC. The arcade cabinet games came out when the movies came out. I loved playing those games. The old Star Wars game that looked like a Star Wars version of Battlezone, there was a Return of the Jedi Game, among others. Good stuff.

I'd like the arcade trilogy game and all the old 70's arcade SW games as well.

Power Battles was such a good game.I would love to see what they could with it now!

Which one was that?

I know there was a Masters of Teras Khasi Street Fighter esque game.

I think games like that could be so well redone with the M.U.G.E.N. engine--as a matter of fact I think mugen hackers have already set off to work on it.
 spartan181
06-08-2009, 11:24 AM
I would like to see Shadows of the Empire remade, I have the Nintendo 64 version, but I would really like to see it updated and cleaned up.
 LordOfTheFish
06-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Gah, that would be so awesome.
 spartan181
06-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah it would.
 Darth Zavier
06-22-2009, 2:31 PM
I was gonna say MI, but they are already remaking it- YAY!
 Alexrd
07-06-2009, 3:17 PM
Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Just a newer version with updated graphics and maps. Gameplay and story the same.
 purifier
07-23-2009, 5:48 AM
I wish LucasArts would upgrade Star Wars Rebellion and remake the DF games. SW Rebellion was a damn good strategy game, and I still play it after all these years.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-22-2009, 1:26 AM
Remake everything! It would save Lucasarts from loosing their fanbase...
 bulsey86
07-04-2010, 10:01 AM
This thread seems to be dead...

I would absolutely love Lucasarts to remake the dark forces / Jedi Knight series.

My personal favourite was Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight (and the Mysteries of the Sith expansion). Two games I can still play all the way through today without noticing how dated it looks - a testiment to the excellent level design and gameplay.

Do it!
 StarHero-D
07-05-2010, 12:23 PM
galatic battlegrounds needs to be remade
 truJedi
07-05-2010, 6:44 PM
Return of the Jedi FOR SURE !!! but need to make luke look abit more ....powerful lol (kinda girly )
 swaaye
09-28-2010, 8:42 PM
There's a Dark Forces mod for Jedi Academy that is pretty amazing to say the least. It only has the first 4 levels or something but they are great.

I don't know if today's LucasArts can be depended on to make a good game period.

If you want a remake of the old SNES games, that's just what The Force Unleashed reminded me of actually. Don't pay more than $5 for it though.
 bulsey86
06-28-2011, 6:46 PM
I'd like to see Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith remade.

On the following condition:

Gameplay remains unchanged. I mean the speeds, buttons, etc. be the same as the original Win95 versions.

- Otherwise everything else can be modernized (well, I say leave the cutscenes alone, unless LEC has some higher res versions of those FMV cutscenes lying around they want to re-encode and use, we can dream right?).

- Improved graphics. Probably shouldn't use the Q3 engine though, since the lighting model for JK/MotS was so good and never fully duplicated in JK2/JA.

- "FPS Enhancements" you know, the usual, like chasecams, customizable AI Bots, pure server option, demo recording, kick by numbers, rcon style administration, dedicated servers, enhanced netcode, higher number of players (16 was the max, and 32 was next to impossible, previously), etc.

- Control improvements. I said leave the controls the same, but they could improve support for multi-button mice, like being able to use my five button intellimouse optical with mouse wheel and map any button to any function. ; )

A nice console would be good too. And text/HUD that can be scaled appropriately according to user-taste and to the resolution used (JK/MotS both had a flaw that in higher res.. ie: anything over 800x600 the text and HUD got REALLY SMALL and hard to read). Plus the font used was too limited (too many symbols and letters looked alike). This should have been fixed.

Other key features: the 3-D overlay map has to stay!

If other enhancements are desired, drivable Speeder Bikes, and enemies that ride Kell Dragons and Speeder Bikes could be added in key places, as well as the ability to "kick" with secondary fire fists.

As far as MotS is concerned, the same stuff could apply (except kicking I guess), with bug fixes. An enhancement to add to this would be CTF, tailored specially for use with the "Personalities" classes or without.

But aside from all that, these would just be the same games with a facelift and better online support. Sort of like those Source Ports that have been released for games like Doom/2 & Duke Nukem 3-D.
----------------------------

Other than that, I'd love to see a revamped "Outlaws" game. Keep it the same, except make it full 3-D with modern graphics and add two important features to both Single and Multiplayer:

Dual Pistols

Ridable Horses (perhaps limiting some of the weapons you can use while in the saddle)

Exactly what he said.
 Jamps
07-06-2011, 2:42 PM
I think with the next-gen systems we have now, Racer would be an excellent game. With updated graphics and worldwide leaderboards, it would be perfect for Xbox Live. Maybe even design your own Pod?
 Alexrd
07-06-2011, 2:52 PM
Now with TPM 3D release, they could 'remake' both Podracer and TPM games.
 Jamps
07-06-2011, 3:07 PM
Now with TPM 3D release, they could 'remake' both Podracer and TPM games.

Actually, that isn't farfetched at all. Knowing the Lucas camp, they're going to squeeze as much money out of it as possible.
Page: 1 of 1