Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kerry's concession

Page: 3 of 3
 Hiroki
11-06-2004, 2:40 PM
Yeah Kipper. It is to stop people who aren't injured at all from draining money from the government, and making hard working people pay so they can lay up on there lazy asses all day. It will not stop legitimately injured folks from using it.
 Spider AL
11-06-2004, 3:05 PM
Are you referring to this: http://www.newsday.com/...ybusiness-headlines) (http://www.newsday.com/business/local/newyork/ny-bzwall054030415nov05,0,4299048.story?coll=ny-nybusiness-headlines) Kipper?

Ahhh part-privatisation. The mark of an eroding society, every time.
 kipperthefrog
11-06-2004, 3:37 PM
I read that article! I understand that people are going to be forced to gamble their retirement money into the stack market insted of social security!

We might as well put it in the HORSE RACES!

The whole point of social security is to have younger people pay for the old people to live! now we have to make today's youth play the stock market for retirement money!

I never had experience with the stock market! thats social INSECURITY!
 Hiroki
11-06-2004, 3:42 PM
Well, at least we don't have to pay for it anymore. :D
 Kain
11-06-2004, 4:05 PM
"We will do anything it takes to win the war on terror...now watch this drive."*swings* - From our AWESOME Prez Geedubya

Whatashmuck.
 Hiroki
11-06-2004, 4:34 PM
Did I miss something? Sorry, not big on sports.
 Tyrion
11-06-2004, 4:39 PM
Originally posted by Hiroki
Did I miss something? Sorry, not big on sports.

It was just the Massachusetts Donkeys and the Texan Elephants competing in the big game. It was close, conflicts were harsh and there was alot of dirty tactics used by both sides. By the end of the game though, Bush had downed Kerry with his famous "don't mess with Texas" tackle and had let Cheney score the winning touchdown.
 kipperthefrog
11-06-2004, 4:39 PM
originally posted by hiroki

Well, at least we don't have to pay for it anymore

Don't YOU want to retire??? when you are old do YOU want to work when YOU are old and weak?
 Spider AL
11-06-2004, 5:29 PM
Don't YOU want to retire??? when you are old do YOU want to work when YOU are old and weak?Many people simply can't be bothered to look that far into the future.

Sad, innit.
 kipperthefrog
11-06-2004, 5:56 PM
spider al

Many people simply can't be bothered to look that far into the future.

Sad, innit.

VERY sad indeed! if half us americans dont have the insight for THAT they deserve to suffer! That don't speak for those who DON"T deserve to suffer!
 El Sitherino
11-06-2004, 9:08 PM
Well, at least we don't have to pay for it anymore. :D wow, aren't you selfish. :x

I for one will be glad when you're 70, can barely do your job and get fired with no money left to feed yourself and you die lonely and starved.
 Rogue15
11-06-2004, 9:16 PM
ah....i'll see you all in iraq when you get drafted.

:rofl:
 Spider AL
11-07-2004, 11:36 AM
You won't see me, I'm British and not silly enough to sign up to fight for fascist overlords. ;)
 Hiroki
11-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
wow, aren't you selfish. :x

I for one will be glad when you're 70, can barely do your job and get fired with no money left to feed yourself and you die lonely and starved.

Well, when I'm 70, I won't be of any use to anybody, will I? ;)

Edit: And if you haven't caught on yet, I'm joking about the old folks.
 SkinWalker
11-07-2004, 3:55 PM
Originally posted by Rogue15
ah....i'll see you all in iraq when you get drafted.

:rofl:

Not me. I did my 20.

The next time I go to Iraq, it'll be on an archaeological dig.
 kipperthefrog
11-07-2004, 3:56 PM
Well, when I'm 70, I won't be of any use to anybody, will I? ;)

Edit: And if you haven't caught on yet, I'm joking about the old folks.

You mean you were only KIDDING?? If so, thank goodness! I thought we had a looney on our hands!

I hope you actualy understand the needs of the elderly, and I hope the American public won't STAND for the removal of social security! I hope the workers protest NONviolently enough to get it through thier heads to get that benefit BACK!
 Hiroki
11-07-2004, 5:34 PM
Though, perhaps at a tad bit less luxurious rate. :p And that I'm serious about. They need to live, but they don't need to be rich...
 ET Warrior
11-07-2004, 5:46 PM
Right....I'm not sure who's been telling you about the super rich old people living off of social security...but you should ask them to actually research social security.

I believe the income from social security of somebody over 70 is a good deal less than 20,000 dollars a year, and it keeps dwindling.
 Spider AL
11-07-2004, 6:34 PM
Right....I'm not sure who's been telling you about the super rich old people living off of social security...Yeah, all those freeloading old fogies... If you're old, you don't need all that food and heating and stuff! PERKS! Leave the luxury to the youngsters! Thieving old geezers.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-07-2004, 6:40 PM
Pull the plug when they get to 60!
 Hiroki
11-07-2004, 7:12 PM
Yeah, now we're talking! And don't get me started on old folks driving. Yeah, I want to get to work TODAY. :D
 ronbrothers
11-07-2004, 7:43 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Right....I'm not sure who's been telling you about the super rich old people living off of social security...but you should ask them to actually research social security.

I believe the income from social security of somebody over 70 is a good deal less than 20,000 dollars a year, and it keeps dwindling.

My mother receives only $700 a month.
 Spider AL
11-07-2004, 7:44 PM
I guess that means you're not in favour of Bush's social security policy then Ron. Bet you'd still vote for him though. ;)
 ET Warrior
11-07-2004, 7:47 PM
Originally posted by ronbrothers
My mother receives only $700 a month.

Which is HARDLY the luxuriously rich level :\

So I'm really not sure how much lower you think SS should go Hiroki...
 ronbrothers
11-07-2004, 7:48 PM
Originally posted by Spider AL
I guess that means you're not in favour of Bush's social security policy then Ron. Bet you'd still vote for him though. ;)

Actually, I've been in favor of privatizing social security since before Bush was in office. Social Security is not what it once was. At this point, it serves only as a supplement. I'm not counting on it when I retire unless something is done to fix it.
 Spider AL
11-07-2004, 7:52 PM
Actually, I've been in favor of privatizing social security since before Bush was in office. Social Security is not what it once was. At this point, it serves only as a supplement. I'm not counting on it when I retire unless something is done to fix it.Ah, I see, because your social security system wasn't fixed under Bush's first administration, you voted to ruin it completely under Bush's second term.

Makes perfect sense. ;)
 Hiroki
11-07-2004, 8:51 PM
Well, conservatives voted for Nixon again as well. That is the point of being conservative, we don't learn! :D

Joking again by the way. :dozey:
 El Sitherino
11-07-2004, 8:57 PM
seemed pretty truthful to me. :x
 kipperthefrog
11-08-2004, 5:28 AM
Originally posted by ronbrothers
Actually, I've been in favor of privatizing social security since before Bush was in office. Social Security is not what it once was. At this point, it serves only as a supplement. I'm not counting on it when I retire unless something is done to fix it.

Here is a Website that explais the LIES!

-BU$H LOOTS SOCIAL SECURITY- (http://www.hermes-press.com/sss1.htm)

They just been gradualy lowering it to make people THINK its in trouble!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/kipperthefrog/lotr2/sss_05.jpg)
 Kurgan
11-11-2004, 5:50 PM
A bit earlier in the conversation, but here's a link to a detailed map of who voted for whom in the election, much better than the state-by-state maps you've seen on elsewhere:

http://www.princeton.edu/~rvdb/JAVA/election2004/purple_america_2004.gif)
 ronbrothers
11-11-2004, 7:42 PM
That's very interesting, Kurgan. Thanks for posting the link. In fact, if you go to the website it's from, there is a gif image which loops from 2000 to 2004 results.
Page: 3 of 3