Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Demo Reel

Page: 1 of 1
 FatSpider
10-24-2004, 9:41 PM
Like Old school Pie! It really felt like the original Dark Forces only like fresh out of the 2004 oven, hot and full of thermal detonator goodness!

Things to try!

-The original Dark forces never had Crosshairs turn them off, playing without them is always fun! How good of a hotshot are you?

-Turn up the music to 100%, the Effects 75%, and leave voice at around 100%. The Demo has a great soundtrack listen to it!

-Look for them "secret areas", especially in Talay -they're all over the place!

Oh wait you guys can't play it until later in the week, HAHAHA. Sorry, I'm so sorry.... Soo fun...
 Benevolence
10-25-2004, 2:45 AM
Well I just tried out the demo release with the installer and it works great. One issue with the installer I'll share with you here and I'm sure it wil be noted when we release it is that if you rename the MODs default directory you cannot have spaces in the folder name. I.E. 'Dark Forces Mod' will not launch properly but 'DarkForcesMod' or 'Dark_Forces_Mod' will work fine. It's an issue with the '"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set fs_game Dark' command. It will only see the first word after fs_game.

Well so far I know one other team member whose tested the mod/installer. Three more and we're good to go!
 Ackehallgren
10-25-2004, 6:44 AM
Originally posted by FatSpider
Oh wait you guys can't play it until later in the week, HAHAHA. Sorry, I'm so sorry.... Soo fun...

That's just... Just... Mean...
 FatSpider
10-25-2004, 7:03 AM
ha ha ha... yeah.. it is.....
 Fracman
10-25-2004, 9:23 AM
Originally posted by Benevolence
[B]Well I just tried out the demo release with the installer and it works great. One issue with the installer I'll share with you here and I'm sure it wil be noted when we release it is that if you rename the MODs default directory you cannot have spaces in the folder name.

There is no need to rename the folder.

I had to use this directory selection window in order to be able to check if the file space is enough, but i couldn't disable this box without getting much more trouble.

Please just keep the default Dark folder, and that's it. :p
 Ackehallgren
10-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by FatSpider
ha ha ha... yeah.. it is.....

Just... Mean... Like... Incredibly... Horifficly mean...
I'ts so...

...Mean...

:(
 MikeGunther1969
10-25-2004, 12:58 PM
I'd bet FatSpider was the kind of kid who used to pull the wings off of flies and laugh at them...wooooooooohahahahaaaaaaa!!!
 I.M.H.D.
10-25-2004, 1:50 PM
Actually, I bet it was butterflies, and he thought that it was hysterical that Nature's beauty couldn't withstand the cruel hand of evil...

So, so horrible...

I'm going to go crawl into bed and die now...

:toilet1:
 FatSpider
10-25-2004, 3:06 PM
IT WAS A BUG COLLECTION!
Page: 1 of 1