Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

This looks truly great !!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Empire Defender
10-24-2004, 1:48 PM
Given the new screenshots on the "front door" ;) and the new ones for the Talay Base and Anoat Sewers, it seems that your demo is going to blast everything :)

Even If you're creating a remake of an existing game, you're more inspired than Raven to create or recreate the Starwars ambiance.

It's a very good job you've done here, and I'm sure I'll confirm this feeling when we'll be able to play the demo !!!! :)

Continue with this excellent work, you're surely going to make a Name... if it isn't the case yet. ;)

Good Luck !!! :)
 MikeGunther1969
10-24-2004, 2:33 PM
Looks like you'll get Lucasfiles BEST MOD award 2 years running if ya ask me!!:D
 Fracman
10-24-2004, 2:42 PM
Thanks, dudes :)

Please don't forget that although Raven has the all the tools and other resources,
only limited time is allowed to work on commercial projects.

Exactly the opposite to our team:
we don't have all necessary tools nor even full source code, but virtually illimited time.
Well, we don't have much time in reality, so the only thing we really need from you is patience ;)

But you'll get paid back well most probably next week end,
then the most important mirrors should have the Demo file. :D

Fracman
 plokoon9
10-24-2004, 5:42 PM
after looking at your "front door" all i have to say is...

damn that's one ugly lookin dianoga:D

you just made my day...

It is sunday, however, so i should probly pay my respects to the mod gods:p :worship:

don't you just love these smileys?

BTW i didn't really look too much into this site until about a few weeks ago, (when I saw some updated screens and whatnot, which are so very very beautiful I might add) and now i'm so excited i might start losing sleep.
 Salv
10-25-2004, 9:36 PM
Generally speaking, pics can make things look extremely pretty. I just hope it lives up to expectations. We still have a chance to absolve ourselves anyway :). And it'll only get better.
 Fracman
10-26-2004, 2:49 PM
As long as they don't see our own ugly faces, they will be amazed :D
 Neverhoodian
10-26-2004, 4:39 PM
Originally posted by plokoon9
BTW i didn't really look too much into this site until about a few weeks ago, (when I saw some updated screens and whatnot, which are so very very beautiful I might add) and now i'm so excited i might start losing sleep.

Start?! Heck, I've been a mild insomniac for about a week now! It's not too bad, but it cuts off about an hour's worth of sleep per night. I never thought the day would come when I would stay awake from sheer anticipation of getting something...and it's not even Christmas Eve! :p

From what I read on the website, it sounds like tomorrow will be our lucky day. I'm really looking forward to playing this!
 MikeGunther1969
10-26-2004, 4:54 PM
I have a 12 pack of Mountain Dew and a bottle of No-Doz on standby just in case (rubbing hands together like I'm trying to get warm)...uh excuse me while I get something to wipe up all the drool....
 SlicerDude
10-26-2004, 5:38 PM
I better get my homework and college apps done now, or I might end up having to wait even longer. Bah, maybe I'll just drop out of high school and play the mod instead :D!
 ImmolatedYoda
10-26-2004, 6:06 PM
Originally posted by SlicerDude
I better get my homework and college apps done now, or I might end up having to wait even longer. Bah, maybe I'll just drop out of high school and play the mod instead :D!

I know what you mean dude...I have to get this GA Tech application done this week (well, I just have to revise my essay, but I'm lazy) and my mom won't give me my allowance until I finish it...and a new Juno Reactor CD came out today :\. me wants it...and this demo too, but at least I don't have to pay for it :p.
 FatSpider
10-26-2004, 6:45 PM
New Juno Reactor? F$@#$ing-A! Tell me how it is, thats like the best techno ever made, hands down.
 plokoon9
10-26-2004, 8:53 PM
at least I don't have to pay for it

yeah verily

there is a God

"In the beginning God said 'let there be a Dark Forces Mod demo.' And there was a Dark Forces Mod demo. And the demo was good":D
 Kurgan
10-27-2004, 5:33 AM
While I'm happy for the team, and all they've achieved in the last year, I must say I'm a little less than enthusiastic about one aspect of this mod (and the most important aspect): the gameplay.

I realize you're trying to re-create the atmosphere of Dark Forces in the new engine and that's an admirable goal. However with the lack of SP SDK, there is only so much you can do with it. This isn't the team's fault, rather the fault of Raven, when they made the JK2 SP.

Their solution for JA was pretty much to just sidestep the poor execution of non-Force non-saber fighting by giving you Sabers and Force at the start, and providing you with everthing you needed before each mission.

So we'll have new maps, textures, some tweaked models and new cutscenes. Cool! But will it be any fun to play?

I remember just how bad the gunplay with no Force was in those early levels of Jedi Outcast and I shudder.

However, I am still a bit excited because there is the possibility in JA of loading SP levels in MP (with the vastly improved gunplay). If this works, while it means I'll miss the cutscenes, at least I'll be able to have fun, and in a way it will be a little more like the "real thing" because there won't be a mid-level save feature. ; )

And there's also the possibility of coop!

If/When you decide to move on to the MP engine, you'll find many more options and be able to change the game physics a little to better re-create the game, instead of having to just model and texture swap everything, but still be forced to follow the same basic SP mechanics template from Jedi Academy/Jedi Outcast.

Good luck to you...
 Salv
10-27-2004, 9:11 AM
Well you said it, still...I think you left something out thats important. Having a shooter that takes you right into the bowels of the original trilogy in all its gritty, shadowy, dirty glory and at its most exciting time. With all the big bad guys still very much alive and kicking just waiting for you to pop your head. All with no fansy sabers against powerful, believable enemies. I think thats why everyone really loves DF.
 ImmolatedYoda
10-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by FatSpider
New Juno Reactor? F$@#$ing-A! Tell me how it is, thats like the best techno ever made, hands down.

I sure will, once I get it that is. I might finish that application tonight, which would mean I can get it tomorrow (assuming Media Play is carrying it), but with the demo coming out....who knows :p.

And at first thought I'm inclined to agree with you Kurgan, JO and JA are pretty bad with no force powers and no lightsaber. But I would imagine (and hope) that the DFMOD team has taken this into account and made the weapons and gameplay more like DF. I must say, DF and JK were some of the most fun/engaging shooters I have ever played (and the lightsaber didn't factor too greatly into JK/MotS, the weapons still kicked serious ass. two words - concussion rifle). Here's hoping! :cheers:
 The_One
10-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Well, you can quit guessing what the demo will be like, 'cause in around 60 minutes you can download it and see for yourself ;)
 Neverhoodian
10-27-2004, 12:02 PM
Argh! I'll be at my Psychology class when this is released! Oh well, if I survived waiting these many long months, I can wait a few more hours today.

Almost there...
 jp-30
10-27-2004, 12:15 PM
If anyone really misses their saber, there's probably some sort of JA cheat code that can be used...

Though that's cheating

:p
 JediMeister
10-27-2004, 12:28 PM
can't wait, but I'll be at work until 9 pm. :(
On a brighter note, I'm almost done with midterms...the end is near... :D
 Sulgran
10-27-2004, 12:56 PM
It is up on Lucas Files.
 Sulgran
10-27-2004, 1:06 PM
Hmm the first time I downloaded it it said the file was corrupted or something. Gonna try again.
 ewok mercenary
10-27-2004, 1:51 PM
And so The Dark Forces MOD 3 Level Demo was released, and there was much rejoicing, partying and spilling of drinks. :)
Page: 1 of 1