Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Imperial Stormtrooper Mod: now available for download

Page: 2 of 2
 Prime
10-26-2004, 4:36 PM
OK, thanks gsb. Can anyone confirm this?
 Achilles
10-26-2004, 6:36 PM
Originally posted by Prime
OK, thanks gsb. Can anyone confirm this? CONFIRMED!! (http://img21.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img21&image=untitled772.jpg)

This is the first one that I came across. I'd say that this is probably about 40% through Deck 2.
 OfficerDonNZ
10-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Prime love this mod :) Only one teeny tiny grip and I doubt anything can be done. The Stormtrooper Armour and hemlet look the part on Canderious and Carth but on a female PC forget it. It just don't look right. And I don't know how to expaine it :) I know a female Imperial Stromtrooper would look strage but very cool :D
 deathdisco
10-27-2004, 5:45 AM
I noticed going through the Starforge that a handful of Sith troops had an odd bug where their armor was just completely black

Yeah I got that. Also check line 303 in appearance.2da "Jedi_White_Old_Male"(Nemo). It looks like it was edited by accident and Nemo has no texture.
 Prime
10-27-2004, 8:02 AM
Thanks, I'll take a look when I get some time. If anyone else has information, that would be appreciated. The more help the better. :)
 Achilles
10-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Thanks, I'll take a look when I get some time. If anyone else has information, that would be appreciated. The more help the better. :) I can tell you that this only occured on Deck 2, that it only affected about 6 or 7 troopers, and that there was not clear difference between these troopers and the others in this section (weapon, spawn points, etc). I hope that helps.
 90SK
10-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Personally, I think the armor looks nifty.:D Once again, great job with the mod!
 deathdisco
10-27-2004, 1:48 PM
I can tell you that this only occured on Deck 2, that it only affected about 6 or 7 troopers, and that there was not clear difference between these troopers and the others in this section (weapon, spawn points, etc). I hope that helps.

:confused: It happend to me on Deck 3(the command center) before you find Bastila.
 Prime
10-27-2004, 7:43 PM
Originally posted by deathdisco
:confused: It happend to me on Deck 3(the command center) before you find Bastila. *sigh*

OK, thanks. :(
 EnderWiggin
10-28-2004, 2:14 AM
IMHO, That Black Hole texture thing, while no where near the complexity of Prime's Breathtaking work, Is kinda cool if you think about the troopers being assassins in the shadows....

_EW_
 Darth333
10-28-2004, 5:46 AM
Originally posted by EnderWiggin
Is kinda cool if you think about the troopers being assassins in the shadows....
lol now we have shadow troopers like in JO! That's one way to see it :D but I think the problem has been found: a wrong entry in appearance.2da, it just needs to be tested.
 Prime
10-28-2004, 6:21 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
lol now we have shadow troopers like in JO! That's one way to see it :D Oh great, I spend weeks creating a stormtrooper skin, and now all enyone wants is a black skin that I could make in 2 minutes. :D

Originally posted by Darth333
but I think the problem has been found: a wrong entry in appearance.2da, it just needs to be tested. Yep. I'll play around tonight. Unfortunately I haven't had any time to so far. Thanks again for the help Dart3333. We'll see what we can find out.

Incidently. does any one know if you can update an entry on pcgamemods.com with a newer version? When we get things fixed, I'd really like to just update the current Imperial stormtrooper posting without making an entire new one...
 Darth333
10-28-2004, 6:24 AM
Incidently. does any one know if you can update an entry on pcgamemods.com with a newer version? When we get things fixed, I'd really like to just update the current Imperial stormtrooper posting without making an entire new one...
There is no way to directly update an entry. What I normally do, is to upload a new version and e-mail kengo so he deletes the old version :)
 Prime
10-28-2004, 9:04 AM
OK, thanks :)
 Prime
10-28-2004, 7:58 PM
Update: I recreated the appearance.2da file from scratch and that seems to have fixed the trooper I encountered on the SF level 2 that were faulty. Also, poor Nemo seems to be working better. I'm going to get a couple of people to try out the new file, and if they don't encounter any problems I'll release it.

Check back here soon...
 MTV2
10-29-2004, 6:59 AM
Oh thank god it's available for download...I mean oh thank Prime it's available for download:D
 Prime
10-30-2004, 5:41 AM
Version 1.1 is up at Warped Productions. (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html)

This fixes the issue of some of the Sith Troopers and the Jedi Nemo having faulty textures. Please let me know if you run into other issues, but hopefully that won't happen. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

I'm going to contact the guys at pcgamemods.com to see what is the best way to get my updated version on the site. I'd like to avoid the a new entry if I can avoid it, but I'll see what they say.

I'll post in this thread when version 1.1 is up on pcgamemods.com.
 Buffy
10-30-2004, 8:48 PM
:D ;)
 T7nowhere
10-30-2004, 10:06 PM
The version on SWK Mod of the Week Section is updated as well.
 Mono_Giganto
10-31-2004, 5:34 AM
Heh I'm still on Manaan so I haven't even seen the bug, but nice work Prime.
 Prime
10-31-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
The version on SWK Mod of the Week Section is updated as well. Thanks T7...
 DarthMarv
11-07-2004, 4:54 AM
i have a question prime . Are you making a black stormtrooper skin or not . (I ask this ,because a black stormstrooper is great very great i think ):deathii: :fett: :D
 Darth_ToMeR
11-07-2004, 7:23 AM
Originally posted by DarthMarv
i have a question prime . Are you making a black stormtrooper skin or not . (I ask this ,because a black stormstrooper is great very great i think ):deathii: :fett: :D
Open Photoshop, paintshop or even Paint (or how you call this paint program, my windows not in english) and fill the armor texture with black.
 DarthMarv
11-07-2004, 8:27 AM
I have made it and i think its coll but not so cool like primes one .
Its easy to make it with photoshop . Thanks Darth_Tomer.
:p :D :rolleyes: :eek:
 Mono_Giganto
11-07-2004, 8:56 AM

To my knowledge no one has made a custom E-11 blaster model, so that means we would end up having to use the JO/JA one. This is against Lucasarts policy, which is why we won't do it.

Since I am not a model, no I can't make my own rifle. If someone else were to make a custom E-11 model from scratch, we might consider it. Until that time, unfortunately there won't be a E-11 mod supplied by us for the stormtrooper mod.

If you are really desperate, you can find and download Orsan's converted E-11 mod. It uses the JA model, which is why we don't use it.

Actually I'm almost done with one now, all that's left really is a skin and UV map. :p If you'd like to use it in your mod when it's done, I'd have no objections. :p
 kampher
11-25-2004, 6:16 AM
I seem to be having a bit of trouble combining this mod with the holowan-plugin. I edited all the values to 107, Untill I realized that had already been used by another mod in the plug-in. So instead, i changed the values to 120. I had everything all set, and was rdy to go, untill I loaded up Taris, and everything was gray, and my character was a big white octagonal polygon thing. shortly after the game froze. Anyone know what the problem could be?
 FunSolo
11-25-2004, 3:04 PM
Originally posted by DarthMarv

well actually there were some black guards in the movie on the deathstar.. the guys in the controlroom of its weapon, plus the pilots of the tie-fighter if im not mistaken.. the guys in the controlroom had a helmet like the raven one in NWN in black... and the pilots looked pretty much like the trooper i think.
 Xavier2
11-25-2004, 3:35 PM
Originally posted by kampher
I seem to be having a bit of trouble combining this mod with the holowan-plugin. I edited all the values to 107, Untill I realized that had already been used by another mod in the plug-in. So instead, i changed the values to 120. I had everything all set, and was rdy to go, untill I loaded up Taris, and everything was gray, and my character was a big white octagonal polygon thing. shortly after the game froze. Anyone know what the problem could be?
If you have edited app.2da using the sorting function you will need to reset the sort before saving and placing in override. The scenario you describe looks like what happens when app.2da is not sorted right.

Try it and let us know if this was the problem. :)
 kampher
11-25-2004, 7:16 PM
Not sure what you mean by "sorting" I just opened up my app.2da and put the values in myself. I remember a long time ago I used to have this problem when I tried to get the hoodless revan robes into the plug-in's app.2da. I just find that 2da impossible to work with. :p
 Xavier2
11-26-2004, 6:29 AM
Originally posted by kampher
Not sure what you mean by "sorting" I just opened up my app.2da and put the values in myself. I remember a long time ago I used to have this problem when I tried to get the hoodless revan robes into the plug-in's app.2da. I just find that 2da impossible to work with. :p
I meant sorting one of the columms in alphabetical order. It can be done by clicking the columm, but it must be reseted before editing or the game will change the appearences order.
 Prime
01-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread (but I will anyway) but...

I just noticed that all three sites that host the stormtrooper mod have each passed 1000 downloads. I would never have thought it would have gotten anywhere near 3000+ hits.

Thanks again to everyone who tried it. It is gratifying to know that people like what you make. :)
 Darkkender
01-14-2005, 7:14 AM
And even if you consider people redownloading the mod for various reasons you still have 2000-2500 original downloads of that mod most likely which is pretty amazing considering only about 10% of that post to modding forums for questions or anything else.
 Teancum
01-17-2005, 10:40 AM
Ya know, I wish you could have this mod without replacing the sith troopers. Just the armour. I'd like to have Sith Trooper armour as well.
 Mach1
01-18-2005, 8:15 AM
Good Job Prime!, Very Good Job!..The only thing we need now are some Dark Troopers ..hehe:trooper:
 Darkkender
01-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Mach1
Good Job Prime!, Very Good Job!..The only thing we need now are some Dark Troopers ..hehe:trooper:

You mean like the Tie fighter pilot armor/spacesuit?

That might be neet.

However would be cool is The Imperial Guards Armor the Red Armor with robes combo. This would be great to replace the sith troopers in red sith armor.
 Mach1
01-19-2005, 3:54 AM
No..lol..I mean the Dark Troopers from SW BF..They look like a Stormy that has turned Evil!
 Prime
01-19-2005, 5:42 AM
Originally posted by Teancum
Ya know, I wish you could have this mod without replacing the sith troopers. Just the armour. I'd like to have Sith Trooper armour as well. That is easy to do. You just need to remove some of the files from the Override directory. I can't remember off the top of my head which ones, but I'll post how to do it tonight.

EDIT:

You just need to follow the installation steps for Option 1 only.

Files for Option 1:
PMBH15.tga - texture for the stormtrooper armour suit
helmet.tga - texture for the stormtrooper helmet
ia_class9_015.tga - inventorty icon for the armour suit
ii_mask_099.tga - inventory icon for the helmet
i_mask_099.mdl - helmet model mdl file
i_mask_099.mdx - helmet model mdx file
helmet.txi - texture reflectiveness specification
storm_armour.uti - armour suit parameters and specifications
storm_helmet.uti - helmet parameters and specifications
lev40_armlock001.utp - item placement to add new equipment to the game as "treasure"
 Enak Xam
03-18-2005, 6:18 PM
Erm i apologize by bumping this old thread.
But when i put on the sith disguise i get this wacky error. The stormtrooper armor is there but the textures are all wrong.
The helmet works though.
Someone help!
 J4ngo
05-27-2012, 12:06 AM
Well, this mod took way longer than we had originally intended, but it is finally finished. I had fun working on it, and hopefully players will find it enjoyable. Thanks again to bneezy and Darth333 and everyone who helped make this mod a reality.

You may download when ready. :)

Warped Productions (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html) (scroll down a bit)

pcgamemods.com (http://www.pcgamemods.com/8068/)

KOTOR 2 version of this the helmet seems to be a gray mandalorian helmet but i have movie mandalorians 4.1 installed could that be the problem?
 battle111
11-17-2012, 4:36 AM
Hey Prime u your link is broken can you show me a direct link of your mod l realy wont to try your :thmbup1: mod and l known that your mod is realy awsome!!!!!!
 Marius Fett
11-17-2012, 7:39 AM
Hey Prime u your link is broken can you show me a direct link of your mod l realy wont to try your :thmbup1: mod and l known that your mod is realy awsome!!!!!!

I just downloaded it from his website with no problem at all.

Try it again. :)
 battle111
11-17-2012, 7:59 AM
I just downloaded it from his website with no problem at all.

Try it again. :)

Still nothing l don't understand :giveup::giveup::ohdear::ohdear:
 Marius Fett
11-17-2012, 8:13 AM
Well it's definitely working, as i've tried it three times now, to be sure.

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/stormtrooper.html)
 battle111
11-17-2012, 8:26 AM
Well it's definitely working, as i've tried it three times now, to be sure.

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/stormtrooper.html)

Thank's now l can try Prime's mod
Page: 2 of 2