Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

If you're Spoiler Free for Episode III will you get RC? *minor spoilers*

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
10-13-2004, 2:27 PM
I was thinking about this the other day, and while I don't have much of a choice in the matter (my responsibility as a reporter for the site and all), will others do this?

I mean, let's think about this, we have confirmed that the game will contain Episode III spoilers (to what degree is not exactly clear), and the game will be released about 3 months before Episode III comes out (and still 2 months before the movie trailer).

Will you still get the game, if you're trying to avoid spoilers?

One way I might try to get around this is to just focus on MP when I get the game, since that is virtually a guarenteed way to avoid story-line stuff, until I've seen the movie.

Anyone else?

Obviously some people love the spoilers game, they'll be glad to get the game and see some of the stuff early, but me, I have reservations...

[Edit: Okay, now only 2 months before the actual movie. The ROTS Teaser Trailer came out Nov. 8th to the public, with more trailers to come.]
 ZBomber
10-13-2004, 2:37 PM
Well, there's not much to spoil. I never read the spoilers, but I know what basically is gonna happen. It's all I'm gonna play/eat/sleep until Ep III comes out. ;)
 Winduwt105
10-13-2004, 3:34 PM
I would get it whether it had spoilers or not i mean i of course would play this like 10 hours a day until the All awaited release of Episode 3. Which would be a happy yet sad day.
 eastcoast2895
10-13-2004, 6:47 PM
i don't think the game will have huge spoilers. since the game comes out inbetween episode 2 and episode 3, all i'm guessing that will be in it are names of characters, planets, and maybe a basis of a relationship or two. anybody know if the game is an official tie in with the movie like the matrix game, where if you play the game you get to see the entire story instead of just the main characters view points?
 Joetheeskimo
10-16-2004, 9:50 AM
Yeah, RC will have it's own storyline, and Clone Troopers aren't new to us. So I think it'll be Ep2 based, not 3.
 ZBomber
10-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
Yeah, RC will have it's own storyline, and Clone Troopers aren't new to us. So I think it'll be Ep2 based, not 3.

No, it is already revealed that Grevious will have a big role in this game.

[Edit: Dang it!]
 Alegis
10-17-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm not sure. If I get KOTOR II and/or san andreas first, i'll wait to play RC till after release
 Joetheeskimo
10-17-2004, 3:29 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
No, it is already revealed that Grevious will have a big role in this game.

Oh, really? Hm...where can I see a Q&A? Everyone seems to know more about this game than me...
 Alegis
10-17-2004, 4:55 AM
its said in those gameplay movies, they come to an area with weird grievous' bodyguards and then they say it
 Pad
10-17-2004, 4:56 AM
Oh, really? Hm...where can I see a Q&A? Everyone seems to know more about this game than me...
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129580) ;)
 ZBomber
10-17-2004, 6:55 AM

Not everyone, just the people who come here often. :D
 swphreak
10-17-2004, 8:14 AM
I'm notm really trying to be spoiler free.... heck I read the Episode 2 book before movie was released.

I'll get RC as soon as I have money for it :p
 Joetheeskimo
10-17-2004, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
I'm notm really trying to be spoiler free.... heck I read the Episode 2 book before movie was released.

I'll get RC as soon as I have money for it :p

It's not even released, so you'll have plenty of time :p
 ZBomber
10-17-2004, 1:13 PM
May I remind you that, not only does Phreak have a life (GASP!), but KOTOR2 is also coming out around RC. ;)
 txa1265
10-18-2004, 4:33 AM
I was clueless on EpI (too busy having kids, etc) but for EpII I was very spoiled (wanted to make sure it was OK for said kids), but for EpIII I'm somewhere in the spoiler-lite territory. I'm not looking for anything, but also will look at 'official' stuff, which does reveal some things.

So I *will* play this game, even if it gives away bits and pieces I wouldn't otherwise know.

Always a tough call ...

Mike
 DarkLordTrooper
10-19-2004, 4:10 PM
RC will have General Grievous in it. Take a look at the Kashyyk walkthrough video on the official RC site and youll se him and his bodyguards.
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-19-2004, 4:40 PM
I wasn't planned on getting it right away in any case, so that everyone else can try it out first, and I can better gauge whether or not I'm gonna like it enough. Also, I dont mind letting the price go down a bit before I get it. I might otherwise get it right away, but I would be dissapointed about the spoilers, because I am trying to know as little as possible about ROTS going in (not trying very hard though). I felt I knew too much about AOTC (I still loved it though), so I am trying to prevent that this time around.
 Kurgan
10-21-2004, 1:43 AM
Watch it with the spoilers guys (at least use the tag)...

C'mon, in the same thread.

Look, I realize they are putting up gameplay videos containing spoilers (which I haven't watched) on the site, but still.

It's been confirmed that this game takes place between Episode II and III. It will come out before Episode III and contain Episode III spoilers.

Thanks to the Clone Wars cartoon series, I already know how a main character in the movie is General Grevious, who's last name must be "bodily harm", and now I know this character is also in the game, in addition to the of course Episode III Wookiees and Kashyyyk planet.

It might be hard to talk about the game with some of this stuff, so perhaps if we do it in such a way as to not give away plot points for Episode III, that would be great.
 Sabretooth
10-26-2004, 11:13 PM
I'll play it from a game's perspective, not a saga's.
 Alegis
11-03-2004, 1:02 AM
We all knew Sauron was the bad guy before the LOTR movies right :p GG aint really a spoiler for anyone that visits a star wars forum.

Add Guild Wars to my february wishlist...gonna be busy then so yeah i'll wait for the movie
 CodeDrifter
11-03-2004, 2:48 PM
I'll be too busy with first KOTOR 2 then The Movies and I can always play another Star Wars game, but I'll probably get this and just do MP.
 Kurgan
11-12-2004, 2:25 PM
Originally posted by Alegis
We all knew Sauron was the bad guy before the LOTR movies right :p GG aint really a spoiler for anyone that visits a star wars forum.

Add Guild Wars to my february wishlist...gonna be busy then so yeah i'll wait for the movie

Not the same 'cause those books were out for four decades before the movies (plus there were animated versions on TV and in theaters just a couple of decades ago!). ; )

And that's no excuse. Why read spoilers for any movie before you see it (unless you have no plans to see it yourself and are just pre-screening it for your kids or something?) I first heard about him from the Clone Wars cartoon. I don't read spoilers on TFN and I don't seek them out. That's why we have a specific forum for spoilers, etc.

Even the Teaser Trailer doesn't reveal certain details like that, c'mon now.

I agree, when Episode I came around it was VERY HARD to avoid spoilers. I had to literally stop watching TV and stop visiting my favorite websites (it just so happened I was on a backpacking trip at the time the movie came to theaters), because the media was saturated with previews and other spoilerific materials.

To me, the official trailers are enough. Anything else is optional and should be relegated to a "spoilers here" section for the benefit of those who don't wish to unplug "the world" for the next six months.

I know that part of the fun for a lot of fans is finding out as many details as possible about the new SW movies before actually viewing them in theaters, but to me, that's kind of defeating the purpose. There's enough people who feel the opposite. That's my whole point with this thread...

Obviously I'll be getting the game, and obviously I'll be playing it, before May 19, 2005 (unless it's severally delayed yet again) but I figure I can get by with Multiplayer until the movie and that'll be fine.

The delays are nice though in a way, because that's less time to wait before the film (2 months instead of 8 or even 6!).
Page: 1 of 1