Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Possible OJP/DF CoOp Colaberation

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
10-07-2004, 5:21 PM
It's come to my attention that the DF mod is planning on doing the mod for SP due to the crappy implimentation of the npcs, SP scripting, etc in MP.

I have an alternate proposal. For some time now I've been working on a Co-Op gametype for OJP, that allows you to play the SP maps with fully functional camera scripting, npcs, map triggers,etc. It's still a WIP but I continue to add features when I have the time.

Anyway, the point is that we could work together on this to make the CoOp gametype work for the DF mod as well. You guys would provide the maps, models, etc. and I would make sure that all the appropiate npcs, scripting, etc work for the maps.

What do you guys think? I've already talked to recombinant and he sounded interested.

Thanks,
Razor Ace
 recombinant
10-07-2004, 5:41 PM
I thought this was an interesting idea when razorace mentioned it to me, but I think the team had better take the suggestion offline and let the team leadership make the final call on this issue.

As most people know, the demo shortly to be released uses the SP engine, and if that works out to everyone's satisfaction (the team and the ones who play the mod), then there may be no need to take this step. However, using OJP as the foundation for the final product could provide more flexibility for us.

Basically, I think there's a fair amount of discussion that must be had before we make a final decision. I posted a thread on the team forums for us to post our feelings on the matter privately, and Darth_Linux will probably get back to you about it...

:holosid:
 razorace
10-07-2004, 5:51 PM
Sounds good. Feel free to pass out my IM contact info so they can talk to me directly.
 razorace
10-29-2004, 2:05 PM
Ok, here's a list of stuff (that I can think of) that would be nessicary to make DF Mod run in CoOp mode:

1. Source files for icarus scripting - MP can't run the camera script commands in the same way as SP so it's nessicary to make some minor (and easy to do) script syntax changes for the camera scripts.

2. Map sources - It would help out with determining which map entities and NPCs to impliment if I could look at the .map's for the maps.

3. In addition, it would really help if I could know the total number of map entities on each map. I've tried to run the maps in MP but have found at least one of the maps gives a maxed out entities error on map spawn.
 The_One
10-29-2004, 2:20 PM
Does the OJP have team forums? It may be possible for us to give you access to our team forums, and from there you could help us with the mod - although, it's not really my decision...
 razorace
10-29-2004, 3:02 PM
Since there isn't a team other than myself, there's not need for a OJP team forum. :)
 Darth_Linux
10-29-2004, 8:07 PM
The_One, why don't you give Razorace an account on our private forum and then we could make provisions for him to do the testing he needs.

I'm officialy on break from the DFMOD until about December, so don't expect things to happen right away. I need a break after 2 years of working on this demo . . . .
 Fracman
10-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Linux I'm officialy on break from the DFMOD until about December

Oha, that's kind of a news... :eek: :( :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Darth_Linux ...so don't expect things to happen right away.

December is not that far away after all,
just a month...

Spring Fall Break YEAH :D

Originally posted by Darth_Linux I need a break after 2 years of working on this demo . . . . [/B]

:c3po: Mater Dave, Master Dave... Definitely, you have well deserved it!

:)
 MikeGunther1969
10-29-2004, 11:09 PM
You all deserve a nice break after your hard work and efforts. This thing kicks serious ass, and I think you all deserve jobs at Ravensoft, Activision, or Lucasarts as a reward for showcasing your talents and dedication for a free worldwide release. Here's hoping that all of the legwork has been done, and as you mentioned before, you only need the other 11 maps to make this MOD happen in its' entirety. As a fan of SW and the Games it has spawned, I can honestly say this is as good as, if not better than 98% of the stuff out there today (JK Being my absoulte fave, but that's just me). Thank you all once again.
 Fracman
10-30-2004, 1:02 AM
Heh thanks for your confidence, MikeGunther :D

Only a few of the team really plan to or are already having game industry jobs.
All the others are people "like you and me", either pupils, students,
or have already a very interesting but also very tiring day-by-day job.

So, exception granted, this mod is only for leasure.
I remember one saying in another forum:
"if all this effort would be directed into something different...".
Well, we did direct all our available effort into this mod to make something great of it.
We will continue as long as we have time, as it makes fun,
and we get support from you there outside :D
 razorace
10-30-2004, 9:02 PM
Well, the good news is I've figured out what was causing crashes with the DF mod in MP. The problem is due to kyle's model being replaced with the kyle merc model.

This issue can be easily fixed by having the kyle model be shifted to different directory name to prevent it from overrighting the default kyle model.
 razorace
10-30-2004, 9:07 PM
In addition, Talay won't load because the number of map entities + the extra MP reserved entities (the bodyque and player clients).

I'm looking into solutions.
 Darth_Linux
10-30-2004, 11:07 PM
thanks for the investigation into this Razorace. Expect some details to access our private team forum in the next few days or so.

Dave
 razorace
10-31-2004, 2:20 AM
sounds good.
 The_One
10-31-2004, 3:25 AM
Hey, razorace, check your PMs :)
 razorace
10-31-2004, 11:10 AM
Checked!
Page: 1 of 1