Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise

Page: 5 of 5
 MTV2
10-18-2004, 2:56 PM
How much is left or when is this coming out( or am I behind and its already out?)
cant wait :emodanc:
 Prime
10-18-2004, 3:17 PM
I basically just have to write up the readme files, get all the files together and packaged, and do some last minute testing.
 Mono_Giganto
10-18-2004, 5:12 PM
Originally posted by Prime
I basically just have to write up the readme files, get all the files together and packaged, and do some last minute testing.

Yay I can't wait to be a Stormtrooper!!!

Any chance of an E-11 included I've got to know!!!
 bneezy
10-18-2004, 5:19 PM
Hap's E-11 is an original model but it uses the JA texture. No dice. The one Orsan made was a straight port from JA, model and texture. It really shouldn't be up for download (for KotOR, anyway.)

Update: The Clone trooper and ARC Trooper models and textures are by "The Great" NeoMarz1 and the Attack of the Clones: Total Conversion (AOTC:TC) Team. They've given us their blessings for a KotOR version of them. They've also allowed us to do their "Mandalorians" MOD for JA, which includes a Jango Helmet and Boba Helmet. As well as some awesome versions of original Mandalorian helmets and armors. These are all going to be released. Prime is taking care of some textures. Xavier2 is working on some original stuff as well as playing around with the Jango and Boba helmet textures. I'll start a new thread when we get further along with both the Clone troopers and Mandalorians.
 Prime
10-18-2004, 7:52 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Any chance of an E-11 included I've got to know!!! As bneezy has explained, unfortunately not.
 Darth_ToMeR
10-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by bneezy
Hap's E-11 is an original model but it uses the JA texture. No dice. The one Orsan made was a straight port from JA, model and texture. It really shouldn't be up for download (for KotOR, anyway.)

Update: The Clone trooper and ARC Trooper models and textures are by "The Great" NeoMarz1 and the Attack of the Clones: Total Conversion (AOTC:TC) Team. They've given us their blessings for a KotOR version of them. They've also allowed us to do their "Mandalorians" MOD for JA, which includes a Jango Helmet and Boba Helmet. As well as some awesome versions of original Mandalorian helmets and armors. These are all going to be released. Prime is taking care of some textures. Xavier2 is working on some original stuff as well as playing around with the Jango and Boba helmet textures. I'll start a new thread when we get further along with both the Clone troopers and Mandalorians.
And how much time it's gonna take?
 rictus135
10-18-2004, 10:56 PM
I know it's kinda late in the production process to change anything now, but I had a thought on the symmetrical skin issue. Rather than having the pattern on the back of the stormtrooper armor look like OO, you could add a line (OI) to make it look like OIIO. Anyway its a pretty trivial thing, but you were the one who wanted it to be perfect Prime. (Understandably of course)
 bneezy
10-19-2004, 4:33 AM
Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR
And how much time it's gonna take?
Not sure really. Prime is just starting on the Clone trooper armor textures. The Jango and Boba Helmets are pretty straight forward, but the tetxures they use have a funky "pitted" look to them. I believe Xaveir2 is smoothing them out or making a new one, not too sure which. [STGN]Locutus is creating some new weapon models from scratch. Understandably, that can take a while. We'll give you updates as they come. Like I said, we'll post a new thread when they start to take shape.

As far as the Stromtrooper, only very little details remain. The readme (need to be sure to give proper credit and information) and final testing (putting it all together and making sure we've included everything) are all that really remain. We don't want to have to release version 1.0119.022 ten minutes after we post it for download. Prime gave a pretty good ETA earlier. Although, I won't [/Qutote] him on that.
 *Yoinked*
10-19-2004, 5:46 AM
Man, I can not wait till this comes out, and bneezy that is quite an interesting picture, the one with the none symmetrical shoulders, very interesting......

-Adam G.
 Prime
10-19-2004, 6:55 AM
Originally posted by rictus135
I know it's kinda late in the production process to change anything now, but I had a thought on the symmetrical skin issue. Rather than having the pattern on the back of the stormtrooper armor look like OO, you could add a line (OI) to make it look like OIIO. Anyway its a pretty trivial thing, but you were the one who wanted it to be perfect Prime. (Understandably of course) An interesting idea, but I'll probably leave it as is. I just don't want it look too "bunched up", if you know what I mean.

And the skin is pretty much done as far as I'm concerned. ;)

As for the clonetrooper, it is a ways off, and we'll let people know at that time what is happening.
 FunSolo
10-19-2004, 9:16 AM
hm... would they get a moveable head if you would leave the coloured shoulderpads idea? .oO( that sentence sounds strange, hope you understand what i mean :lol: )
 bneezy
10-19-2004, 5:27 PM
I dont' think the head will move since the only successful way to add those are to add them to a head model. Xavier2 gave me some tips with the body meshes. I'll see it we can get them to work. I'll post an update when I see what happens.

Update: Here is what I came up with using Xavier2's suggestion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/traskjet1.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/traskjet2.jpg)

1. We've successfully added something to the body mesh and retained animations.

2. The jet pack stays exactly where you put it in gmax. It doesn't have animations. It won't follow the torso.

3. I know the jet pack is tiny. I wanted to try it as quick as possible and didn't resize it.

Any thoughts on how to get this to work?
 Crixler
10-19-2004, 7:59 PM
I have 2 ideas...

for the sholderpad u could put it as a seperate file for the texture, like in the JA version...

for the head/helmet idea: set the helmet as a head, but not fully setting it up, therefore it will not show up on the head screen, but having a .uti with scripts, so when u equip it as a mask, it sets it as a head, so it doesn't have the flaws of a helmet...

don't get mad if someone else has already thought of it, etc. cause i don't really know anything about moddeling or scripting.
 Xavier2
10-19-2004, 8:08 PM
I dont' think the head will move since the only successful way to add those are to add them to a head model. Xavier2 gave me some tips with the body meshes. I'll see it we can get them to work. I'll post an update when I see what happens.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/traskjet1.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/traskjet2.jpg)

2. The jet pack stays exactly where you put it in gmax. It doesn't have animations. It won't follow the torso.

3. I know the jet pack is tiny. I wanted to try it as quick as possible and didn't resize it.

This is a great accomplishment as it is. Locutus is also trying similar stuff. I tried to insert an animated object from other Kotor body model and the result is horrendous. I propose we insist trying to come up with techniques to improve Kotor moddeling and keep each other updated on the subject. Maybe opening a thead about it named "Improving Kotor modeling-post your bad or good experience here".

Xavier2
 gsb
10-20-2004, 2:17 PM
I'm just a lurker here, but I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you guys and gals for all the hard work you do. I'm a programmer by trade, and the stuff you people turn out just amazes me. You all are the reason I'm still playing KOTOR (I don't know how many times. Probably six now, thanks to wanting to try out Redhawke's stuff -- and as soon as this stormtrooper is released, I'll be going at it again). That fact that you are able to turn out such excellent mods without any official support or tools only deepens my admiration.

So kudos, and thanks again for keeping this game on my play list.
 Prime
10-20-2004, 7:01 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, gsb (I am a professional software designer myself). It is always nice to hear that people enjoy the mods we produce. It makes everything so much more worthwhile. :)

It shouldn't be long now. The readme is finished and the testing is more or less complete. Just a few last second things to do and then I'll get around to putting it up for download.
 stingerhs
10-20-2004, 7:04 PM
It shouldn't be long now. The readme is finished and the testing is more or less complete. Just a few last second things to do and then I'll get around to putting it up for download.

[little kid] ooh!!! ooh!!! [/little kid]

*starts trembling in anticipation*
 redphaser
10-20-2004, 7:36 PM
I don't know what to say... this mod is going to rock! I always enjoy beating down a few stormtroopers and now I can do it in my all time favorite game!(until Kotor II that is)

:urpdude:IMO the helmet in and of itself is a work of art. :urpdude:Kudos to all who worked on this!
 Hybris
10-20-2004, 9:31 PM
HK-47 Says: Xsided statement: I love to kill all the little Stromtroopers and maybe a dark jedi. How I love to kill!

Translation=I wait for this mod but make sure its a annoncement on the top of the boards.
 Darth Straker
10-21-2004, 3:45 AM
Good job Prime
 *Yoinked*
10-21-2004, 8:19 AM
*exited nerd voice* Dude, miniture jet packs, my favorite *exited nerd voice*
I kinda like the minijets, I know that is not the final thing and I am glad, though Mono would probably, if possible, plop it onto a Tach and be ready to go, he he he....
:monkey1:
-Adam G.
 Mono_Giganto
10-21-2004, 1:12 PM
Originally posted by Adam G.
*exited nerd voice* Dude, miniture jet packs, my favorite *exited nerd voice*
I kinda like the minijets, I know that is not the final thing and I am glad, though Mono would probably, if possible, plop it onto a Tach and be ready to go, he he he....
:monkey1:
-Adam G.

Who told you..... I'll have to resize this awesome little thing in GMAX I suppose... :lol: I could always put one onto a Wookiee too you know....
 Prime
10-21-2004, 9:47 PM
Well, everything is pretty much finished. I took a bunch of screenshots for when I post it on Warped Productions and pcgamemods. It is late here so I won't get it up tonight unfortunately, but I should be able to on Friday (if I don't hit the pub as per usual). Anyway, here is something to hopefully wet your appetite one more time. I figure a little advertising never hurt. :)

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/b1.jpg)

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/b4.jpg)

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/b6.jpg)

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/b10.jpg)

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/b11.jpg)

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/b12.jpg)

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/b15.jpg)

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/b17.jpg)
 ChAiNz.2da
10-21-2004, 9:58 PM
Well, everything is pretty much finished. I took a bunch of screenshots for when I post it on Warped Productions and pcgamemods. It is late here so I won't get it up tonight unfortunately, but I should be able to on Friday (if I don't hit the pub as per usual). Anyway, here is something to hopefully wet your appetite one more time. I figure a little advertising never hurt. :)

:drop2: :drool1: Well....there goes my weekend... :D :cheers:
 Ranger Six
10-21-2004, 10:20 PM
:drop2: Nice job !
 RedHawke
10-21-2004, 10:24 PM
Awesome Prime! Simply Awesome! :D
 FiEND_138
10-21-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz
Well....there goes my weekend...
Same here, I see myself refreshing pcgm's page every 15 min. ;)
Excellent work to all those involved
:thumbsup:
 redphaser
10-21-2004, 10:45 PM
:drop2:HOLY MISSING GHOST OF SEBASTIAN SHAW!!!:drop2:

That has to be the best mod out there right now!!

Many kudos to all who worked on this project!

It'll be interesting to see what other things may come.
 *Yoinked*
10-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Who told you..... I'll have to resize this awesome little thing in GMAX I suppose... :lol: I could always put one onto a Wookiee too you know....

A wookie, interesting...

HOLY F**C**NG GHOST OF TRASK, THAT IS AMAZING,I can not wait til it comes out, mange takk til meenesker arbeider om det! Many thanks to who ever worked on this!
 Darth Straker
10-22-2004, 1:28 AM
Prime you're the man, really fantastic. Can't wait for release, since I reinstalled the game now you've gave me a motive to play it again.
 Darth_ToMeR
10-22-2004, 5:07 AM
Can't wait!
 Prime
10-22-2004, 6:47 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Same here, I see myself refreshing pcgm's page every 15 min. ;) Don't worry, I'll let everyone here know when it is up. I may end up starting a new "release" thread, so people don't have to wade through all the posts. We'll see. But one way or another, you'll know. :)

Originally posted by FiEND_138
Excellent work to all those involved
:thumbsup: Well, Bneezy and I are "bring you this mod." But we had a lot of help from others around here, especiially Darth333. Please check the readme when it is released...

Originally posted by redphaser
That has to be the best mod out there right now!! Wow! That is very high praise indeed! I hope that this mod lives up to people's expectations (which will be hard from the looks of it :) ).

Originally posted by redphaser
It'll be interesting to see what other things may come. For me, after I finish updating my Jedi robe skins for Xavier2's new model, I'll be working on a Republic clonetrooper. The armour will be heavily altered textures from the stormtrooper skin. Bneezy will be importing the helmet, and I'll be skinning that as well. And I suspect there will be a similar replacement mod to turn all the Republic soldiers into clonetroopers. We'll see. :)
 Xavier2
10-22-2004, 9:05 AM
TAN TAN TAN TAN TATATTAM TATATAM >Vader score<

Impressive. Most impressive:vadar:

:trooper: WOW!!
 Colma Adawin
10-22-2004, 2:16 PM
Prime, you never stop to amaze me, i bow before you....but then get up due to cramp in my leg :p

keep it comming bud, im eager to see more :p HINT HINT

MattCole
 Xavier2
10-22-2004, 7:57 PM

I have. Thanks for your tenacious work bneezy we have:

1. successfully added something to the body mesh and retained animations;
2. The jet pack stays exactly where you put it in gmax...NO!!:D It will follow the torso.:cool:

Look here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/Jango_fett_Jet.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/Jango_fett_Jet2.jpg)

It was actually a simple trick!!!!:) :) :)

Wait for the Boba Fett armor. With a Jet pack!!!!
 Prime
10-22-2004, 9:42 PM
Pretty cool, Xavier2. :)

You might want to start a new thread about this stuff, since it doesn't have much to do specifically with the stormtrooper mod anymore...
 Colma Adawin
10-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Pretty cool, Xavier2. :)

You might want to start a new thread about this stuff, since it doesn't have much to do specifically with the stormtrooper mod anymore...

@ Prime
very suttle hehe j/k

@ Xavier2

wow, thats gr8, give more details, give us a Trailer!!!! in your own W.I.P. Thread though :D:D:D:D

MattCole

be happy guys (hippe) :ewok:
 Mono_Giganto
10-23-2004, 7:20 AM
All of these mods are looking great!
 Prime
10-23-2004, 7:36 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
@ Prime
very suttle hehe j/k :D

I don't really care if they still discuss it here, but I figure it would get more exposure in its own thread.
 Colma Adawin
10-23-2004, 11:35 AM
:D

I don't really care if they still discuss it here, but I figure it would get more exposure in its own thread.

hehe i was kiddin bud :p again, F****IN GOOD MOD!!!!

MattCole
 Darth Kellen
10-31-2004, 7:24 PM
Thats the greatest thing i have ever seen. great job Prime. If u guys get the clone trooper mod finished. I'll be in sweet heaven.:vadar:
 Sirus Fett
11-07-2004, 2:13 PM
Hey great work on that storm trooper but i downloaded it at pcgame mods then played it but the sith troopers have no head? same with sith disguise. also i was kinda wondering what program you used to make that skins?
 Prime
11-09-2004, 11:00 AM
No heads? That's very wierd. Are you sure you extracted all the files into the Override directory correctly and there were no conflicts?

Also, make sure you have the latest version, which can be found here. (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html)
Page: 5 of 5