Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Trooper in Republic commando??? *Possible Major Spoilers*

Page: 1 of 1
 Ackehallgren
08-26-2004, 4:20 PM
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/images/screenshots/50.jpg)

Just found that picture, and those looks like a DT prototype to me!
Looks very much like the one you guys've made for the mod :)
I know this isnt as on topic as it could be, just sharing a fun thing.
So don't be hatin :P

These might maybe possibly work as reference? Or maybe not...

As said - Just sharing :)
 Suprosa
08-26-2004, 10:51 PM
pffft

there are plenty of droids/combat-droids/assassin-droids in the SW universe...Of course some would look similar with such a number. I Dont think they look very alike. If I saw that photo without any mention of the DTs, I wouldnt have thought that.
 SlicerDude
08-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Well, there is a general resemblance in that they're silvery humanoid droids with red eyes. I'd say that the distinguishing feature for the Phase One DT is that sword thing on its arm. And that creepy sound it makes...

So are those General Grievous's Bodyguards, the ones they keep talking about in the trailer for that game?
 Ackehallgren
08-27-2004, 1:19 AM
Might be - no idea...
But if ya would throw a sword on them hands it would look very DT'ish :P
 CortoCG
08-27-2004, 10:25 AM
All these droids are clones of James Cameron's Terminator T800. You can add or remove a couple of features but they'll still be the same concept.
Those are not dark troopers simply because they didn't exist, or their existance was not certain, until the destruction of the first death star. And the emperor canceled the project when Katarn blew away the Arc Hammer.
 Ackehallgren
08-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Yeah, but I didn't mean that they would be darktroopers, I ment like... superearly prototypes:P
 CortoCG
08-27-2004, 11:10 AM
There's always room for copies and prototypes.
 ZBomber
08-28-2004, 7:33 PM
Well, over in the RC Forums we pretty much decided they are Grevious's Body Guards. :)
 CortoCG
08-30-2004, 5:37 AM
That's fine with me. I don't even know who Grevious is. Actually I don't recognize as SW things that happen outside the original trilogy's timeline.
 recombinant
08-30-2004, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by CortoCG
I don't even know who Grevious is.

Star Wars Databank: General Grievous (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/)

Currently has only appeared in the Clone Wars cartoon series (worth checking out on Star Wars Hyperspace if you have an account); General Grievous will be in Episode III, so stay tuned (there's a cool web documentary on the designing and creation of The General also on Hyperspace)...

:D
 CortoCG
08-31-2004, 6:17 AM
Oh, great. Yet another seemingly unbeatable foe. Where're gonna see him killing a lot of Jedis, and then defeated by Obi Wan by throwing a bucket full of water at him. Bravo Mr Lucas! SW looks and feels less and less like SW each passing day.
 Kyral
08-31-2004, 10:16 AM
I saw Grievous in Clone Wars and I like him somehow, especialy his fighting style.
Maybe he is the one that will kill Windu.
Samuel L. Jackson said Windu will take someone with him when he dies. Maybe the two kill eachother.

To stay on topic.

No those two are no DTs.
 recombinant
08-31-2004, 11:38 AM
Yeah, an interesting character:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/img/bts_bg.jpg)

We probably won't find out too much about him & his history in the movie, but perhaps in the EU Books, Comics, etc.
 Hiroki
09-22-2004, 8:17 PM
Nah...Obi Wan chops off two of Greivous' arms ( He was apparently fighting with four sabers, so he can continue... ), but then loses his lightsaber, and ends up shooting Greivous with a E-11...it sounds cheesy, but thats the top rumor...
 Benevolence
09-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Kyral
I saw Grievous in Clone Wars and I like him somehow, especialy his fighting style.
Maybe he is the one that will kill Windu.

Sorry to remain a little off topic, but my theory is Mace is going to wail on Anakin and before he kills Anakin, young Boba Fett will kill Mace by disintigrating him somehow in revenge for killing Jango. That will tie into Vaders comment to Boba in ESB "No disintigrations!" which is very much in the style of George Lucas to do.

[/off topic]
 Empire Defender
10-18-2004, 7:23 AM
Like Benevolence said, it seems to be the most possible end for Mace Windu, given Georges Lucas' way of making connection with the 1rst trilogy.
 Treepop
10-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Boba does kill Windu out of revenge.. hopefully it will be in the movie for continuity.
Page: 1 of 1