Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod Requests(2): Post your desires here

Page: 3 of 5
 Nodakrattler
08-30-2004, 8:06 PM
Originally posted by JBeannie
is it possible to make a certain color of the lightsaber to ibe a insta kill lightsaber?

Extremely easily. Just get Fred's Kotor Tool. There's a link in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122049) , and there are tutorials here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124284) .
 darkknight014
08-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Can some one make a mod that would make a sword like the one in my upcomming game? If u will help me with this send me an e-mail (adress found in sig) and i will send you one with a picture!!:saberg: :saberb: :saberr: :saberr: :saberb: :saberg:
 Achilles
08-31-2004, 7:23 AM
Originally posted by darkknight014
Can some one make a mod that would make a sword like the one in my upcomming game? If u will help me with this send me an e-mail (adress found in sig) and i will send you one with a picture!!:saberg: :saberb: :saberr: :saberr: :saberb: :saberg:
You're making a game but you can't mod a sword? :eyeraise:

Since I'm not sure whether you're asking for a new model or just some custom attributes, perhaps you would be willing to PM (or post) some additional details. This will help us determine if your mod is possible.

MTV2
08-31-2004, 8:42 AM
What about a porttrait that has revans head in it!
or a portrait with malaks head in it!
or with anybodys head!
 Darth333
08-31-2004, 8:50 AM
Originally posted by MTV2
What about a porttrait that has revans head in it!
or a portrait with malaks head in it!
or with anybodys head!
You could use KSE to change your party members appearance, portraits, voices and much more: http://www.pcgamemods.com/6692)
 Mono_Giganto
08-31-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Vampiro
So woud you make it for me?and can u (example)replace 1 robe with Jolee's clothes?

PM me with your email it's done. I switched Jolee's head with a PC head, so Jolee's gonna look like a younger person, so there may be issues regarding the Old Man Voice with a younger person, but if you can stand that, it should work fine. :D
 TygerThorn
08-31-2004, 11:50 AM
Checking in to see if anyone ever started work on the Jango helmet mod. I see you guys are kinda swamped right now, so I don't need it right away.

I wish I was able to reskin things myself, but I suck at any kind of art (computer or hand-drawn).

:jango:Take it easy and may the force be with whoever decides to take this request.:jango:
 darkknight014
08-31-2004, 1:48 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
You're making a game but you can't mod a sword? :eyeraise:

Since I'm not sure whether you're asking for a new model or just some custom attributes, perhaps you would be willing to PM (or post) some additional details. This will help us determine if your mod is possible.

I meant im writing the storyline..And I wanted a new modle but some one could just mod the Bacca sword with the attributes..Not that it looks like the Bacca Sword but itll work.
 stingerhs
08-31-2004, 2:03 PM
Originally posted by TygerThorn
Checking in to see if anyone ever started work on the Jango helmet mod. I see you guys are kinda swamped right now, so I don't need it right away.

I wish I was able to reskin things myself, but I suck at any kind of art (computer or hand-drawn).

:jango:Take it easy and may the force be with whoever decides to take this request.:jango:

thats okay, i can't reskin either. just so you know, we can currently import new helmets, including jango fett's. someone was working on it, but he got banned. i'm currently checking back on those threads to see if i can duplicate what he did so we can enjoy them.
 Darth333
08-31-2004, 3:34 PM
I meant im writing the storyline..And I wanted a new modle but some one could just mod the Bacca sword with the attributes..Not that it looks like the Bacca Sword but itll work.
why not try your hand at modding? ;) this is not complicated: read the sticky "guide for the newbie: how to install mods/ what do I need to start modding? ", get the tools listed in there and then read achilles tutorial on editing Item properties (check t7nowhere sticky "do you want to mod sw-kotor ? then start here". It is not complicated at all :)
 Achilles
08-31-2004, 3:41 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
why not try your hand at modding? ;) this is not complicated: read the sticky "guide for the newbie: how to install mods/ wha do I need to start modding? ", get the tools listed in there and then read achillies tutorial on editing Item properties (check t7nowhere sticky "do you want to mod sw-kotor ? then start here". It is not complicated at all :)
darkknight014,

Darth333 is absolutely right...this is a very simple mod to make (less than 5 minutes if it takes you 4 to figure out what you want). If you are dead-set on having someone else make it, I can do it, but I'm still going to need to know what stats you want.
 darkknight014
08-31-2004, 10:05 PM
darkknight014,

Darth333 is absolutely right...this is a very simple mod to make (less than 5 minutes if it takes you 4 to figure out what you want). If you are dead-set on having someone else make it, I can do it, but I'm still going to need to know what stats you want.

Well if u would be so kind sice im lazy Email me and ill send you the stats and a picture. Although the picture will be kinda poorly drawn...... But it u want me to do just say something!!!My email adress is in my sig!
 Achilles
08-31-2004, 10:21 PM
darkknight014,

Well if u would be so kind sice im lazy Email me and ill send you the stats and a picture. Although the picture will be kinda poorly drawn...... But it u want me to do just say something!!!My email adress is in my sig!
Since email addresses are not allowed in the forum, I would strongly recommend removing it voluntarily before a moderator sees :D

Don't bother with the picture...I don't make models. Feel free to PM me with the stats and I'll get started.

Thanks.
 vomder
09-01-2004, 12:20 AM
I would like to see someone make a mantle of the force crystal combined with all the other crystals and and upgrade crystal not a central crystal, and also the same with the heart of the guardian crystal. Also a central crystal that combines the mantle of the force and the heart of the guardian with all the crystals.
 Achilles
09-01-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by vomder
I would like to see someone make a mantle of the force crystal combined with all the other crystals and and upgrade crystal not a central crystal, and also the same with the heart of the guardian crystal. Also a central crystal that combines the mantle of the force and the heart of the guardian with all the crystals.
I'm not exactly sure that I understand what you're asking for, but if I'm even close, then my Enhance Lightsabers mod might be what you're looking for. It's on my web site.
 vomder
09-01-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
I'm not exactly sure that I understand what you're asking for, but if I'm even close, then my Enhance Lightsabers mod might be what you're looking for. It's on my web site.

And I took a look at you enhanced sabers and thats not what I meant.

Maybe this will make more since. What I was thinking was having a upgrade crystals that combines all the bonues of all the in game crystals, as well as a focusing crystal that combines all the focusing crystal bonues. Does that make more since.
 Achilles
09-01-2004, 7:08 AM
And I took a look at you enhanced sabers and thats not what I meant.

Maybe this will make more since. What I was thinking was having a upgrade crystals that combines all the bonues of all the in game crystals, as well as a focusing crystal that combines all the focusing crystal bonues. Does that make more since.
"a upgrade crystals" So do you want one crystal or multiple crystals?

"that combines all the bonuses of all the in game crystals". You want it (them?) to have all that attributes of all the crystals. So one (or many) crystal(s) with dozens of attack modifier points, damage bonus points, keen, massive criticals, etc?

Am I on the right track now?
 stingerhs
09-01-2004, 9:52 AM
i'm thinkin vomder wants all the attributes that the upgrade crystals have combined into the color/focus crystal. ie, all the attributes of the luxam, solari, etc crystals combined into the heart of the guardian crystal.
 vomder
09-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Yea you got the idea now.
 Achilles
09-01-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm assuming that was directed at me???

If so, please note that there are some unanswered questions in my message. Perhaps it would be best if you sent me a PM with the exact details of your request (ie number of crystals that you want, the exact properties you want them to have, saber color, placement, etc).

This will help me to get started.
 Mono_Giganto
09-01-2004, 11:08 AM

Well, with all those bonuses, why not just download an insta-kill lightsaber? Cause that's effectively what you will have with those bonuses...
 Mono_Giganto
09-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
maybe its becoz it makes the sabre look MORE powerful :D:D:D thats Y I do it HEHEHE and i dont like the idea of an instant kill sabre, you've got to have your misses and light attacks, it adds to the realism

MattCole:cool: :cool:

If you want realism, why do you want these overkill sabers lol.
 Colma Adawin
09-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
If you want realism, why do you want these overkill sabers lol.

when you slice someone with a lightsabre, they dont fight back, becoz there DEAD :rolleyes: silly monkey :p im kiddin bud, im a wierd person to please :p

oh, could someone supply me with the file names for the Endar Spire textures please, and possibly the others as well as

so i've got sommit to do when T7 is offline :p

MattCole
 Mono_Giganto
09-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
when you slice someone with a lightsabre, they dont fight back, becoz there DEAD :rolleyes: silly monkey :p im kiddin bud, im a wierd person to please :p

oh, could someone supply me with the file names for the Endar Spire textures please, and possibly the others as well as

so i've got sommit to do when T7 is offline :p

MattCole

I can't give you the exact name, but they should be in:

ERFs: Texture Packs: swpc_tex_tpc.erf: L

Textures for all the other planets and the Ebon Hawk are here, so it would make sense.

BTW, this is my 666th post. :lol:
 Dark_Scorpio
09-01-2004, 1:00 PM
Here's my list of ideas:

1) I really liked both the Revan Redemption Robes and the Revan the White Robes, so my idea was to add along with the robes would be a new icon, that would activate when the either robes were worn (ex. I have the blue redemption robes equipped and my icon has a blue revan displayed.)

2)A mod that would allow you (or the other NPCs) to hold two short lightsabers or short swords backwards (like dueling daggers).

3)It's probably been done before but I have yet to see it. A mod replaces the Star Forge Robes or Darth Devan's Robes with a caped verison of them, no dorky hood or anything covering the head. Just a reskin of both with a cape added.

4)Speaking of reskins, an entire reskin of the Party NPCs. Something subtle, nothing dorky, be authentic to the Star Wars universe and make George Lucas proud - as funny it sounds, I'm being totally serious.
P.S. Something to consider is making Carth's clothes in the beginning look like a Republic officer/solider - has colors and similarities to the Republic solider armor, but not entirely.
Another thing to add is make all their clothing/armor upgradeable, it'd be a waste to make brand new armor or clothing and not give it more of a purpose.

5)I'm not totally into replacing NPCs with new ones, but I liked the Aayla Secura mod and thought "Hey, why doesn't any one make this into a NPC instead", replacing either T3 or Mission or Juhani. A suggestion as to where to put her, either find on her on Dantoonie near the Enclave, or on Korriban where she's thinking of becoming a Sith.

6)To represent my FF7 buds, a mod that allows a creature, NOT a person, alien, whatever, a creature - like a kath hound - to join your party. It's crazy but I'd love to see someone attempt this feat. Of course if this creature is going to join you and your party, it's gotta be able to speak and look unique. An idea for the ability to speak could be that this creature is as Force Sensitive as your character and allows him or her to speak to you mentally (forgot the proper term for it). As for looks, either be ridiculous or subtle, it's to you.

This is all I got for the moment, but whether these mods are possible or not, I don't really care either way, I'm just taking advantage of this message board. Later

~Dark_Scorpio

PS. For the love of Obi-wan, could someone change the Selkath voice over to something else, it's like listening to nails on a friggin' chalk board...lol.
 vomder
09-01-2004, 1:18 PM
How about an all class mod. So no matter what combination of classes you are you get all the bonues for each one. So you would get the uncanny dodge, and implant level feats like the scout class, and the sneak attack feats from the scoundrel class, and from the jedi classes the improved and master force jump from the guardian, improved and master force focus from the consular, and the force immunity stun and paralysis.
 Mono_Giganto
09-01-2004, 2:12 PM
How about an all class mod. So no matter what combination of classes you are you get all the bonues for each one. So you would get the uncanny dodge, and implant level feats like the scout class, and the sneak attack feats from the scoundrel class, and from the jedi classes the improved and master force jump from the guardian, improved and master force focus from the consular, and the force immunity stun and paralysis.

tk102's KSE lets you give your character different feats and force powers, that may be close to what you want.

BTW Scorpio, the term is telepathy. :) (I think.)
And once animations are cracked, you can be assured that I will make the first "recruit a Tach" mod. :D
 Darth333
09-01-2004, 2:21 PM
Originally posted by Dark_Scorpio
[B] 1) I really liked both the Revan Redemption Robes and the Revan the White Robes, so my idea was to add along with the robes would be a new icon, that would activate when the either robes were worn Revan Redemption Robes already have a custom icon...:confused:

2)A mod that would allow you ...to hold two short lightsabers or short swords backwards (like dueling daggers).
3) A mod replaces the Star Forge Robes or Darth Devan's Robes with a caped verison of them, no dorky hood or anything covering the head. Just a reskin of both with a cape added.

sorry, that requires new animations and it is impossible for now . Same thing with the cape: that would be problematic...(see the status of new model creation in the sticky entitled "Guide For the Newbie: how to install mods/what tools do i need to start modding" ) Closest you can get for now is Mono's mod which uses the Revan model in the cutscene where you see your PC face (check http://www.pcgamemods.com/6)

4)...an entire reskin of the Party NPCs. Something subtle, nothing dorky, be authentic to the Star Wars universe and make George Lucas proud...

there are some reskins for party members here an there . Check Pcgamemods again and for Jolee and Bastila, check svцsh's site: http://www.angelfire.com/crazy2/xclone_0101/kotor_mods.htm)

P.S. Something to consider is making Carth's clothes in the beginning look like a Republic officer/solider - has colors and similarities to the Republic solider armor, but not entirely.

Amerazoth just made a similar mod for the soldier uniforms (pcgamemods). This is very easy. Perhaps you could try your hand at modding too ;) (check the Guide for the Newbie and the Do you want to mod sw-kotor stickies to get started) - we are always happy to see new modders here :)

5)I'm not totally into replacing NPCs with new ones, but I liked the Aayla Secura mod and thought "Hey, why doesn't any one make this into a NPC instead", replacing either T3 or Mission or Juhani. A suggestion as to where to put her, either find on her on Dantoonie near the Enclave, or on Korriban where she's thinking of becoming a Sith.

I made a tutorial to make recruitable npcs (DO you want to mod sw-kotor sticky) - if you use Ayala secula however, you need the author's permission to post the mod.

6)...a mod that allows a creature, NOT a person, alien, whatever, a creature - like a kath hound - to join your party. It's crazy but I'd love to see someone attempt this feat.
Get KSE: http://www.pcgamemods.com/6692) you<ll be able to customize your party members as you wish, turn them into rancors, gizkas, etc...you can also change the soundset to get a more "realistic" experience. You can also edit their .utc files by changing the reference to the appearance.2da row in the appearance_type field (just make sure yo don't change the tag field or you'll run into trouble.

Some people may make some of your requests (I would gladly do a few of them but I have a very tight schedule ) but I encourage you to try :) It's even funnier than playing the game. If you need any help, just ask (after reading the stickies ;) ) there are a lot of people ready to help.
 Achilles
09-01-2004, 2:29 PM
Another thing to add is make all their clothing/armor upgradeable, it'd be a waste to make brand new armor or clothing and not give it more of a purpose. Try this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134135) :D
 Dark_Scorpio
09-01-2004, 3:48 PM
Darth333,
I downloaded the Holowan Plug-In 2 and got no such icon for Revan's Redemption Robes and however I was most displeased with the inability for all the mods to work together.

Sugestion: the next plug-in should be able to have all programs that work together, but still have the customizer so you can decide what you want and what you don't want.

I don't demand that these things be done, however I wouldn't mind seeing if such things were possible for experts like yourself.

I have Svosh's good & bad bastila mod and the new clothes for jolee mod and that's about it. The ones of Zaalbar I'm not too cool with. So if anyone cares to improve on the others, by all means I'd love to see this.

I have the Republic soilder mod for my guy right now, and pcgamemods.com is the 2nd place I go to all the time, next to swordsonline.com.

If I wanted to create any NPCs of my own, I wouldn't of posted my request here. I would of just went ahead and did it. I posted it here to see if anyone cared to use it or give it a try.

I have KOTOR Save Game Editor already, "It's a jedi's best friend" lol. And I tried it out, making my guy into different creatures - a rancor, gizka, and a iriz - but it's no fun just doing it the easy way, all the time. I'm just wondering if anyone cared to take a hand at this task and create a unique creature to join the party.

Thanx for your help, Darth333, I had alot of fun turning you into a gizka and then killing you as a wraid on the Holowan Spire lol. Later

~Dark_Scorpio

P.S. Thanks for the link Achillies, another link to add to my favorites.
 Mono_Giganto
09-01-2004, 4:01 PM
I downloaded the Holowan Plug-In 2 and got no such icon for Revan's Redemption Robes and however I was most displeased with the inability for all the mods to work together.

Do you mean a PC portrait or an item icon?

Sugestion: the next plug-in should be able to have all programs that work together, but still have the customizer so you can decide what you want and what you don't want.

Much easier said than done, that would require a LOT of different 2da files, I think we should be happy T7 is doing what he is.

Thanx for your help, Darth333, I had alot of fun turning you into a gizka and then killing you as a wraid on the Holowan Spire lol. Later

Not the best thing to say to someone who's trying to help you. (Especially a moderator with a force lightning button in her Post Reply window :rofl: )

Edit: BTW, Zaalbar isn't the easiest character to reskin, seeing as he has very little potential (fur recolor is about it), that may be why you have trouble.
 Dark_Scorpio
09-01-2004, 4:37 PM
PC portrait, the item icon worked, but I'm asking for a PC portrait to show up when I equipped these items (both redemption robes and revan the white).

It's only a suggestion.

And that was a joke.

Later,
~Dark_Scorpio
 XeroXtreme
09-01-2004, 8:23 PM
Yes i recently brought This game for the PC { Xbox player since it came out} bcause of all the modding and its great.

Could anyone tell me where i could dload a decent Black Saber Mod ?
 Darth333
09-01-2004, 8:26 PM
here: http://www.angelfire.com/crazy2/xclone_0101/kotor_mods.htm)

PLease, post mod reuqests in the "Modding request" stiky ;) I am moving this thread.
 darkknight014
09-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Can some one make me a mod that takes you from the first place, the one in space ( i forgot the name) directly to Dantooine? I would greatly appriciate it and i could give you a GMail invitation if u want. PLZ? Thanks to any one who helps!!!:saberr: :saberb: :saberg: :saberg: :saberb: :saberr: :slsaber: :lsduel: !!!!!!!
 Amezaroth
09-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Well darkknight014 I don't think that has been done yet but there is a mod by shosey that lets you skip the Endar Spire...
You can get it here:
http://kotor.hosey.org/)
Hope that helps.
 darkknight014
09-01-2004, 11:26 PM
My only problem in the entire game though (and i gone through like 5 or 6 times) was the stupid Taris cause I kept getting lost and theres a bug in it (using the latest patch, i think its the CD) where i cant get to a certain part unless i use the teleport code.

Btw i :jawa stole my pants and my republic credits. Can u help me find him?
 Achilles
09-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Can some one make me a mod that takes you from the first place, the one in space ( i forgot the name) directly to Dantooine? I would greatly appriciate it and i could give you a GMail invitation if u want. PLZ? Thanks to any one who helps!!!:saberr: :saberb: :saberg: :saberg: :saberb: :saberr: :slsaber: :lsduel: !!!!!!!
You could do it, however you would not have Zaalbar, Mission, Canderous, or T3-M4 in your party. To make matters worse this could cause major game failures later on and is therefore not worth the risk.
 darkknight014
09-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Did u notice? I said all the pick-ups that includes party members!!!!!!
 Achilles
09-01-2004, 11:45 PM
First: No, you didn't. Neither of your last two messages have the words "pick ups" in them........anywhere...........

Second: Even if you did, how in the heck would any of us know what you meant by that unless you were specific.

Third: Don't expect help from people if you are going to be rude.
 Mono_Giganto
09-02-2004, 8:58 AM

You didn't say anything like that.
 Dark_Scorpio
09-02-2004, 9:01 AM
Hey has anyone ever tried putting both Revan the White and the Redemption Robes in the Override file and had any trouble with them in the game?

Cause when I used the Revan the white robes, my guy was almost transparent and his head was Darth Maul's - then again I was using that holowan plug-in, so that might of been the problem.

Oh yeah, so I don't have to download that program again could someone please give me a link or something so I could get the Redemption Robes and not have to have everything else.

Svosh only has the .rar file for download at his site and the site says I need the following...

apperence.2da included for those that do not already have one (but it wasn't included when I downloaded it)

-: svцsh skins uti's mdl hex 2da icons custom dlg custom shader
-: T7 uti's disguise 2da
-: Darth333 scripts and dlg custom dlg

Whatever help anyone can offer is highly appreciated. Later

~Dark_Scorpio
 Darth333
09-02-2004, 9:21 AM

Svosh only has the .rar file for download at his site and the site says I need the following...

apperence.2da included for those that do not already have one (but it wasn't included when I downloaded it)

-: svцsh skins uti's mdl hex 2da icons custom dlg custom shader
-: T7 uti's disguise 2da
-: Darth333 scripts and dlg custom dlg

The appearance.2da file is included in svosh's package...check the file. Btw, a .rar file is like a zip file but it opens with winrar (Check the Guide for the Newbie sticky to get a link for download)

And yes, both mods use the appearance.2da file so they conflict. However, this can be easily fixed. Read the section concerning conflicts in the Guide for the Newbie, get the tools that are mentionned there and follow svosh's instructions contained in the readme included in his Revan Redemption Robes package :)
 Dark_Scorpio
09-02-2004, 9:44 AM
Thanks for the help, Darth

*bows down to the Dark Lord of The Sith 333*

"I'm not worthy!"
"I'm not worthy!"
"I'm not worthy!"

Oh wait, wrong movie lol. Later

~Dark_Scorpio
 Darth333
09-02-2004, 9:53 AM
If you are still having problems after after reading the material which I pointed you out, don't hesitate to ask :)
 darkknight014
09-02-2004, 10:15 AM
How bout a mod that gives u all the force powers from the begging? It would be fun!
 Darth333
09-02-2004, 10:44 AM
How bout a mod that gives u all the force powers from the begging? It would be fun!
You can download Gameunlimited's all feats and force power mod here: http://alvin777t.tripod.com/)

or get tk102's KSE here: http://www.pcgamemods.com/7152/) (get kse anyways - you can customize your party as you wish: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123671) )
 darkknight014
09-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
You can download Gameunlimited's all feats and force power mod here: http://alvin777t.tripod.com/)

or get tk102's KSE here: http://www.pcgamemods.com/7152/) (get kse anyways - you can customize your party as you wish: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123671) )

I have KSE but it wont give me da force powers :( Thanks for telling me bout the mod tho!!!!
 Darth333
09-02-2004, 11:15 AM
I have KSE but it wont give me da force powers :( Thanks for telling me bout the mod tho!!!!
KSE will give you force powers: read the readme. Here is a screenshot: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/KSE_FP.jpg)
 darkknight014
09-02-2004, 12:16 PM
I have the latest vesion but i went to where its supposed to be but it isnt there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused: :( :(
Page: 3 of 5