Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Very good things! *keep it clean* (big images)

Page: 13 of 133
 Darth Groovy
02-12-2006, 10:52 AM
thats not true, there have been some state laws that were trying to get passed, but they were all struck down as unconstitutional. the fact is, that the esrb rates games based on content and its up to the consumer and the retailer to decide which games to buy/sell. now they could very well refuse service to you, but theres no law that says you have to be 18 to buy an M rated game. or any age to be perfectly frank.

Nonsense. If I get caught selling M rated games to a minor, I loose my job, the store get's closed temporarily, and the company has to pay a steep fine for every unit that was sold. Not sure where you are getting your info, but this one is actually posted in our store operations manual, and they politely warn us every time a major M rated release comes out.
 TiE23
02-12-2006, 3:29 PM
Whats with that Keira pic in your sig? She looks liek someone's mum?
:(

@Tie: whats NG Black like? I loved the original NG.. but since it was so hard to complete it I didn't really feel the need to play it again.. even with slight changes. I never even got around to downloading the hurricane packs (and they are free) let alone buying it again.
Does it feel like a new game, or just the same game with tweaks? What I really want in ninja gaiden 2!
Single player wise it's pretty much the same, the differences are only good ones, and the Lunar kicks ass. So far I've only been dying on the bosses, fighting against the normal enemies aren't that hard for me.

About difficulty, I heard that if you die a bunch of times in the begining it unlocks an easier level of difficulty.
 Jeff
02-12-2006, 3:50 PM
Whats with that Keira pic in your sig? She looks liek someone's mum?
:(She's still incredibly hot nonetheless.
 toms
02-12-2006, 4:44 PM
Nonsense. If I get caught selling M rated games to a minor, I loose my job, the store get's closed temporarily, and the company has to pay a steep fine for every unit that was sold. Not sure where you are getting your info, but this one is actually posted in our store operations manual, and they politely warn us every time a major M rated release comes out.

They have thrown out a lot of those bills recently though, he's right about that. I didn't think any were still standing.. but maybe they've managed to implement it in a different way. Or maybe the manual is out of date.

@darth m: not in that pic! Which i didn't actually think was possible. ;)
 BongoBob
02-12-2006, 4:45 PM
@Tie: whats NG Black like? I loved the original NG.. but since it was so hard to complete it I didn't really feel the need to play it again.. even with slight changes. I never even got around to downloading the hurricane packs (and they are free) let alone buying it again.
Does it feel like a new game, or just the same game with tweaks? What I really want in ninja gaiden 2!

Hehe, as Game Informer said, "Basically, if you die too many times, ayane pops onto the screen to tell you how much you suck, and then ask if you want the easy mode for the level."

Cheers :)
 acdcfanbill
02-12-2006, 8:27 PM
that may be your store policy, but the law that banned sales of violent video games to minors in Illinois was struck down by a judge.
link (http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/03/0558255)
 Seph
02-12-2006, 10:10 PM
I got Seether: Karmah and Effect, Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, but now I gotta go get a new ps2, because my bro's doesn't work and we don't have a defragmentation disk
 Det. Bart Lasiter
02-13-2006, 12:47 AM
 TiE23
02-13-2006, 2:15 AM
^^^
Oh mee gawd! Keeps your CPU nice and chilly? :P
 Samuel Dravis
02-13-2006, 11:20 PM
 Darth Groovy
02-14-2006, 4:12 AM
 CapNColostomy
02-14-2006, 4:20 AM
 Darth Groovy
02-14-2006, 4:21 AM
that may be your store policy, but the law that banned sales of violent video games to minors in Illinois was struck down by a judge.
link (http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/03/0558255)

Yes this will be interesting to see what happens next. Until I am told otherwise, or I get a memo that ammends our store policy, i'll have to reluctantly continue to practice the same ethics as before, which is to card anyone who looks younger than 30. I don't want the local soccer moms to come after me with pitch forks, because you KNOW this can happen. We've even recently had some parents call us and ask us to tell they're children that we "do not" sell certain titles just to keep them from wanting to purchase it. I call this piss poor parenting at best. I am all about the freedom of whatever, but I have to confess I would feel VERY awkward allowing someone who can barely see over the counter to trade in a copy of Scooby Doo's Cyber Chase towards a copy of God of War. :eek:
 toms
02-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Its a perfectly reasonable store policy... its just no longer due to legal consideration but simply common sense. I suspect when the guidance was issued it was based on legal considerations though.

I never finished Loom... what i played was good though.. Indy 4, Sam n Max and Day of the tentacle are still my fave scumm games though...
 Samuel Dravis
02-14-2006, 12:59 PM
I never finished Loom... what i played was good though.. Indy 4, Sam n Max and Day of the tentacle are still my fave scumm games though...I just finished it. It was really fun, mainly because it's completely unlike any games I've played in a long time. I thought it was cool how music was used in the game; too bad they never made the sequels to it because now I want them. :(
 toms
02-14-2006, 2:51 PM
I'm still baffled as to why lucasarts haven't re-released all the scumm games on the DS.
I know you can play them on the DS with scummVM... but its a huge ammount of hassle.

Having played Day of the Tentacle on a handheld (gp32 scummVM) I thought the small screen made the graphics look great.. and having a stylus like the DS would make implementation easy. The only issue might be having to scale the resolution down a bit for the DS.. but since they could move the inventory and dialogue onto another screen it should work.

Shouldn't be much work, and they could even release the older ones (MI, Loom, Indy3, Manic mansion) as double packs to get more people to buy them.

I for one would appreciate the chance to play loom, full throttle and the MI games that i missed the first time.. but don't look so great on full screen monitors anymore.
 Jeff
02-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Amazing Spider-Man 527
http://www.herorealm.com/Marvel_December05/December_Art/ASM527_COV_COLOR_A.jpg)

Amazing Spider-Man 528
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/0106/ASM528_COV_COLOR.jpg)

http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/12/12111.jpg)

Gotta pick up my new KotOR comic still, for some reason it didn't ship when these did.
 TiE23
02-16-2006, 11:28 PM
^^^ I'm liking that Rogue Squadron one. Where did you get it? eBay?
 BongoBob
02-17-2006, 12:12 AM
My mom finally deposited my money into the bank account, so I ordered my pair of Sennheiser PX100s today.

40 bucks with expitided shipping, which means that I should have it by tuesday. wednesday at the latest :)
 TiE23
02-17-2006, 12:20 AM
My mom finally deposited my money into the bank account, so I ordered my pair of Sennheiser PX100s today.

40 bucks with expitided shipping, which means that I should have it by tuesday. wednesday at the latest :)
*Looks them up*

Niiice. I've got Philips Surround Sound white earbuds, they're pretty sweet. Even though it's my third pair of them cause they've been stepped on and eaten. So I've spent $60 on one pair of head phones. ^_^
 Jeff
02-17-2006, 10:11 AM
^^^ I'm liking that Rogue Squadron one. Where did you get it? eBay?No, I have a local sportscards/comics store close to my house.
 ET Warrior
02-17-2006, 6:39 PM
 Curt-Man
02-17-2006, 6:43 PM
The Most recent things I got were:
Aliens
The Rock
Chinatown
& Iron Maiden: Powerslave
 TiE23
02-17-2006, 9:34 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000BNKSVC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg)

It's in the mail....
*Intercepts and steals*

Me FTW.

Edit: Oh yes yes yes, spam spam spam.
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-18-2006, 1:29 AM
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/3441/lfisweawce13hi.jpg)

I have it too, except the "Collector's Edition."
 Captain Wilson
02-18-2006, 1:53 PM
 Jeff
02-18-2006, 3:39 PM
 TiE23
02-18-2006, 4:19 PM
Those DarkTower/Gunslinger books look really interesting, I might need to get them some day. But I'm busy reading the Otherland series. But I'll definately remember to look into them.
 CapNColostomy
02-18-2006, 8:18 PM
Wiilson wants two concordance volumes. Would you reakon there worth the buy as I have some spare cash tommrow and may be shopping.

I also ordered this:
http://www.stephenkingshop.com/images/movies/DVD/kingdomhospital.gif)

Yeah, they're cool if you're into that stuff, and I know you are. You can get them in paperback pretty cheap (1-5 bucks) at amazon.

@ TiE, they're pretty good, but time consuming. They've become a bit of an obsession to me lately. When you start, you'll want to see the Dark Tower more than the main characters do. I'm not familiar with Otherland. Got a short synopsis or link you'd recommend? There's always Google if not, I reckon.
 TiE23
02-18-2006, 8:54 PM
I'm not a stranger to long books.
Otherland's books are 792, 675, 784, and 1072 pages long (1-4 respectively) I'm around half way through the second. It's pretty good, my first "cyber-punk" book. It's basically about a super complex simulation world that's like the Matrix. But instead of killer robots you have evil rich corporations (created by humans, for humans). It gets pretty f-ed up when the sh*t hits the fan.
Very interesting, but pretty long. And the entire first book is almost like the intro of the series, get's everything set-up.
Not for slow readers, that's for sure. I myself just saw it in a Barnes 'n Noble one day, read the first 10 pages, liked it, and bought it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0886777631/sr=8-1/qid=1140310099/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2529863-7873565?%5Fencoding=UTF8)

Amazon reviews are pretty good places to see if a book is any good. (The cover they show is the old one, pretty lame looking IMO)
 Exlan Xendar
02-19-2006, 7:49 PM
 BongoBob
02-19-2006, 9:22 PM
I won a copy of Call of Duty 2: Big Red One today from my friend.

I beat him in a game of poker :p
 Samuel Dravis
02-19-2006, 9:43 PM
I like Redwall books, what can I say.I used to read those too. I have most of them up to Lord Brocktree, I think: Mossflower, Mattimeo, Martin the Warrior, The Legend of Luke, Taggerung, Marlfox, Lord Brocktree, Redwall, The Long Patrol, Outcast of Redwall, and The Pearls of Lutra. I've read all of them up to Loamhedge (except for Triss). Eventually I realized they all had basically the same story, but they were good until then. :p
 TiE23
02-19-2006, 10:10 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/SlipKnotic2090/mariel_big.jpg)
I like Redwall books, what can I say.
I don't get why people like books with rats and **** fighting eachother in them.
I won a copy of Call of Duty 2: Big Red One today from my friend.

I beat him in a game of poker :p
PWNED! Nice job :D
 CapNColostomy
02-20-2006, 3:30 PM
I ordered this poster yesterday,

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000VI1VE.01-A2X3FMBNSRPS6U._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg)

And I also ordered a couple dvd box sets.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000CABAT.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0792842502.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg)

And I picked this game up. I blame the Dark Tower for this unhealthy fascination with the above items.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009Z3I0K.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg)
 Darth Groovy
02-20-2006, 5:14 PM
I think we should start a new game show:

"Win CapNColostomy's Money!"
 CapNColostomy
02-20-2006, 8:48 PM
I think we should start a new game show:

"Win CapNColostomy's Money!"

I have a better one. "Save Cap's Ass When His Wife Finds Out How Much Money He's Been Blowing On Garbage". Consumer Whore? And How.
 Darth Groovy
02-25-2006, 1:10 AM
I'd watch it. Sounds like an hilarious concept. I'd invest in that show.:)

I'll second that!

http://www.xboxusersgroup.com/gallery/data/762/HL2xbxPFTfront.jpg)

All BS aside, this really is a fun game. I checked it out from work before I bought it, I got up to the channels on the airboat. Swore at it like a sailor. I am determined to finish this game. I love the opened end feel of the levels. It's WAY better than Doom 3 IMO.
 BongoBob
02-25-2006, 5:30 AM
Grooves, you won't be dissapointed. I rented it, and it was quite excellent. If I had a better comp I'd buy it for pc, but, eh...

BTW: Striders suck : |
You'll know what I mean : |

Also, could you have found a bigger picture :p
 Darth Groovy
02-25-2006, 6:00 AM
Grooves, you won't be dissapointed. I rented it, and it was quite excellent. If I had a better comp I'd buy it for pc, but, eh...

BTW: Striders suck : |
You'll know what I mean : |

Also, could you have found a bigger picture :p

If I had a better compy, I'd have been all over this in the beginning. I was interested in the screen shots. Keep in mind, I have NO Idea what happened in the first Half Life, and please do not spoil it for me....i'll visit that scenario at a later time. Thanks to Valve, and XBOX, I can experience this without worrying about loading issues, the same way I did with Doom 3 (yes, Groovy beat that on the XBOX, and loved every minute of it!)

Picture is not large enough, what you want a full screen shot? :p
 BongoBob
02-25-2006, 6:53 AM
Neither did I, and that's what I love. It's a great game even if you havn't played the first one. Don't worry, I wwon't spoil anything for you. What I said was more for the peoples that played it :)
 Darth Groovy
02-25-2006, 9:36 AM
Neither did I, and that's what I love. It's a great game even if you havn't played the first one. Don't worry, I wwon't spoil anything for you. What I said was more for the peoples that played it :)

Oh i've seen the Striders.....they are part of what got me interested in the game. I have not had to fight the Striders YET, but I already know that is inevitable. You didn't spoil anything there. ;)
 Jeff
02-26-2006, 6:06 PM
 RoxStar
02-26-2006, 7:47 PM
Keep in mind, I have NO Idea what happened in the first Half Life, and please do not spoil it for me...

...because I'm spoling it for myself by playing the sequel?

Sorry, its sort of funny because I know literally 15 people who bought half-life 2 when it first came out and have never even touched the first game.

This upsets me because I have touched the first game... considerably. :nutz1:

*Not a pedophile by the way* :p
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-26-2006, 8:58 PM
 Jeff
02-26-2006, 9:06 PM
http://www.prenhall.com/divisions/esm/app/graphing/ti83/Graphing/entering/images/83Plus.jpg)

Need it for school.I need one of those, mine got ****ing stolen last year and now I am required to have one for school, I have to keep borrowing other people's whenever I need it.
 TiE23
02-27-2006, 2:00 AM
Those TI-83 Plus' are great fun if you get good games. Get Golden Pheonix and Wire if you can. You'll need Mirage OS first, so get that also. :D
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-27-2006, 10:22 AM
I need one of those, mine got ****ing stolen last year and now I am required to have one for school, I have to keep borrowing other people's whenever I need it.

lol. I didn't need one yet, but I want it because like everybody had one, and I'd borrow it because my other calculator sucks. But, ya it's neat to use.

Those TI-83 Plus' are great fun if you get good games. Get Golden Pheonix and Wire if you can. You'll need Mirage OS first, so get that also.

I'll look into that.
 Samuel Dravis
02-27-2006, 10:35 AM
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Going to the bookstore is fun. :)

It is.....if you have money. :(
Page: 13 of 133