Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Very good things! *keep it clean* (big images)

Page: 112 of 133
 BongoBob
05-23-2009, 4:32 PM
http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/Coolermaster_V8_Cooler/main.jpg)

Lets just say my computer doesnt have heat issues anymore

That's a mammoth heatsink. Did you go from a stock fan to that?

And please tell me that after dropping that much on a beastly heatsink you paired it with some Arctic Silver 5.
 Anthony
05-23-2009, 9:22 PM
That's a mammoth heatsink. Did you go from a stock fan to that?

And please tell me that after dropping that much on a beastly heatsink you paired it with some Arctic Silver 5.

Yes I did, the stock fan was probably a few days away from vaporizing. and of course, i had some spare :P
 Tyrion
05-23-2009, 11:23 PM
What in God's name is that thing?

It's the device that's going to drain away all the heat in the universe. Hope you like absolute zero, folks.
 TiE23
05-24-2009, 3:25 AM
Woke up this morning and decided I wanted to watch Spirited Away... so I did. Revelation time!

I just realized I don't ever watch movies, ever. There are so many DVDs my family has that I've never touched, so I've decided that my time would be better spent catching up rather than just look at random Digg articles for 2 hours per day.

So now I've got multiple podcasts, The Persona 4 Endurance Run, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and now a stack of movies in addition to video games, school work, and work work.

Whooo... maybe I should actually finish the crap I have... I mean, back in January or so my brother and I watched the entire Extra Super Extended cuts of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy together. Just Return of the King alone is 252 minutes long, that's 4 hours and 12 minutes FFS!! I also watched Lawrence of Arabia in two sittings and then The Great Escape (both awesome movies by the way).

Anyway, my guaranteed stack:
Ratatouille
Wall-E (I've seen it in theatres, but not a second time)
Slumdog Millionaire
Tropic Thunder
The Incredibles (my fav Pixar movie, wanna watch again)

May or may not stack:
Pirates of the Caribbean 2
Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Monsters Inc. (my third favorite Pixar movie)
Finding Nemo (my fourth)

I should watch these again sometime:
The Great Escape
Lawrence of Arabia
Dirty Harry

Also, when is the Gran Torino DVD gonna come out?

Oh god, this is just reminding me of all the media failures I've had. Books, movies, games, TV shows... awwww gawd.

Books: LotR (read all the way 'til book 4 of 6), Harry Potter (got up to #5), Musashi (half way), Battle Royale (half way), My 30 Year War (half way), Bone (20% perhaps), Yotsuba&! Manga.

Games: Mass Effect, The Witcher, Mirror's Edge, The Sims *cough*, Fallout 3, Zeno Clash, CoD:WaW on PC, Baja EoC, Dark Sector, Lost Odyssey, GTA4 TLaD on 360 (This is really ones I'm "working on" now)

Movies: (Other than the above mentioned, I would like to see more Miyazaki films)

TV: Avatar (I got to the first "funny" episode and was pretty much repulsed after the awesome first couple episodes), House (used to be a big fan, just stopped), ... you know what, I don't care that much for TV shows. Though now I just remembered I think I skipped a few episodes of Full Metal Alchemist... which I watched 5 years ago... This is killing me.

Summer vacation - Please grant me the strength to complete at least a small proportion of these works.
 GTA:SWcity
05-24-2009, 5:49 AM
^^^^^
Needs one of these if he ever hopes to accomplish all that (in any significant portion anyway):
http://www.trendlines.com/images/pics/planner.jpg)

Suit yourself...:) You have a busy summer ahead.
 Anthony
05-24-2009, 11:35 AM
With aforementioned massive heatsink, successfully overclocked an intel Q6600 to 3.6ghz which was previously not possible

now I have to think of a way to make the geforce 280 not heat up enough to fry an egg, which so far seems impossible.
 RoxStar
05-24-2009, 12:35 PM
:words: :words: :words:

Do you actually enjoy and learn anything from doing all of this? Or are you merely a consumer of culture? Too busy gorging yourself to actually taste what you are eating?

/Serious Question

I find that a lot of people are in the same situation where they feel they must "catch up" with their peers but do not actually take anything away from the books they read, movies they watch, or music they listen to.

EDIT: I realize how much of an ******* this makes me sound like but I promise you i was actually trying to gauge how you viewed and digested the various media you are talking about. I have a friend who prides himself on having listened to all of Dmitri Shostakovich's symphonies at least once (that's more than a dozen 45-60 minute symphonies) but he can't really tell me what he learned from doing so
 TiE23
05-24-2009, 1:38 PM
Do you actually enjoy and learn anything from doing all of this? Or are you merely a consumer of culture? Too busy gorging yourself to actually taste what you are eating?

/Serious Question

I find that a lot of people are in the same situation where they feel they must "catch up" with their peers but do not actually take anything away from the books they read, movies they watch, or music they listen to.

I watched Lawrence of Arabia and loved it... I don't think that's an example of "catch up".

Edit:

EDIT: I realize how much of an ******* this makes me sound like but I promise you i was actually trying to gauge how you viewed and digested the various media you are talking about. I have a friend who prides himself on having listened to all of Dmitri Shostakovich's symphonies at least once (that's more than a dozen 45-60 minute symphonies) but he can't really tell me what he learned from doing so
Nah, it's cool. I'm the kind of person who actually turns on the Classical music radio station that plays here. My bro and I even had a great time - for shizzles and giggles - cruising the town one day with Classical blasting on the car stereo.

I whole, I don't feel like I need to consume them, it's combination of guilt for not finishing what I started, and the feeling that I missed out on something great.

I finished Ratatouille in one sitting last night, from around 11:30pm to 1:30am. Really, really enjoyed it.
 RoxStar
05-24-2009, 1:40 PM
I watched Lawrence of Arabia and loved it... I don't think that's an example of "catch up".

Point taken.
 Dath Maximus
05-24-2009, 3:12 PM
scored me some pizza bitches
 DarthAve
05-24-2009, 3:15 PM
My boyfriend is graduating high school right now...

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
 MrWally
05-24-2009, 3:30 PM
I was at a party the other day where this 20 year old was trying to hook up with a 14 year old. He'd been trying for the past few months, and the only thing stopping her was her (thankfully) protective cousin.

I don't think two years is much of an issue.
 DarthAve
05-24-2009, 3:38 PM
I was at a party the other day where this 20 year old was trying to hook up with a 14 year old. He'd been trying for the past few months, and the only thing stopping her was her (thankfully) protective cousin.

I don't think two years is much of an issue.

No it's not in the morality of the relationship, it's the fact that adulthood is breathing down my neck, and I know that in 2 years, I won't be ready to graduate... =\
 RoxStar
05-24-2009, 3:59 PM
I know that in 2 years, I won't be ready to graduate... =\

You have no idea how ready you'll be for high school to be over with!
 Tyrion
05-24-2009, 3:59 PM
College is more or less just a 4-year extension on childhood anyway, with the added bonus of binge unprotective sex and beer pong.
 Jeff
05-25-2009, 11:57 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/10/fable2box.jpg)

I also picked up the first Rock Band used, but I'm just gonna rip the songs to RB2 and return it. :p
 jon_hill987
05-30-2009, 12:21 PM
http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/subs/1662/header.jpg?t=1243636458)

I never played this, apparently it was quite good.
 Jeff
05-31-2009, 6:41 AM
Got another one of these:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31AFAplSxaL._SS400_.jpg)

and

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2Bp2BckboL._SS350_.jpg)

for $30 from some dude off craigslist. Don't have my guitar out here so figure I can either ship this stuff home at the end of the summer or just sell it off.
 Boba Rhett
06-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Just made this table with my fiancee:
 acdcfanbill
06-01-2009, 9:05 AM
nice man!
 Dath Maximus
06-01-2009, 11:52 AM
MAC AND CHEESE BITCHES!!!!

also dath's gf brought a wii into the house, so there be a wii in our room...dath rocks at cooking mama
 Kain
06-01-2009, 3:24 PM
I was at a party the other day where this 20 year old was trying to hook up with a 14 year old.

Sounds like my last Friday night...my 17 year old little sister (not really my sister) was flirting with a 24 year old. Not his fault...at first. But he knew how old she was and decided he wanted to flirt back. I made her sister take her home and was about 3 words from dragging the guy and his friend (who is one of my friends boy-toys) out the front door and beating them with a fire hydrant top.

Good times, especially since now everyone's giving me **** about not liking the guys. Maybe I should have posted this in Very Bad Things.:indif:
 PR-0927
06-01-2009, 4:33 PM
Sounds like my last Friday night...my 17 year old little sister (not really my sister) was flirting with a 24 year old. Not his fault...at first. But he knew how old she was and decided he wanted to flirt back. I made her sister take her home and was about 3 words from dragging the guy and his friend (who is one of my friends boy-toys) out the front door and beating them with a fire hydrant top.

Good times, especially since now everyone's giving me **** about not liking the guys. Maybe I should have posted this in Very Bad Things.:indif:

No, that definitely belongs in this thread. Bastards deserved what you were doing, maybe a little beat down.

:P

- PR-0927
06-01-2009, 8:10 PM
^^^Seconded PR-0927.

Yeah, don't take that crap. I wouldn't. I have a younger sister, so I know what you mean about being protective.
 PR-0927
06-01-2009, 8:38 PM
^^^Seconded PR-0927.

Yeah, don't take that crap. I wouldn't. I have a younger sister, so I know what you mean about being protective.

Same situation here.

- PR-0927
 BongoBob
06-02-2009, 9:41 AM
A Favor House Atlantic, by Coheed and Cambria (Easily my favorite song of all time), as well as another song of theirs, The Running Free, are now up for DLC for Rock Band.

The world is a much better place. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to change my pants.
 Kain
06-02-2009, 5:49 PM
MWA HAHAHA!! Sheer-awesomeness.

So, I go back over to my friends house (the same one where my drama-filled Friday went down) last night. Come to find out that EVERYONE hates the guys...cept my friend. But she's kinda...eh. But whatever. In any case, I feel alot better about my gut feeling about them asshats.
06-02-2009, 9:14 PM
<lifts up beer mug> CHEERS! Good for you, mate.

Insticts usually are correct about these kinda things. Strange there is no conclusive study on the phenomenon.

--Hint: If the pets start acting crazy (dog freaks out and wants to kill), that should be an indicator for bad company. Or so it is in my experience.
 Kain
06-03-2009, 12:56 AM
The pet is a pit bull. If it wants to kill it will...

Lyrical miracle up there.

The thing that surprises me is that one of the guys (actually my friend's little brother) is usually a really accepting guy and even HE hates him.

The bastard actually had the audacity to ask about me in a text to my friend when I was sitting right there. She was staring daggers at me when I snorted in contempt.
 Commander Obi-Wan
06-03-2009, 2:57 AM
http://musicstate.ru/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/hollywoodundead-band.jpg)

Got tickets to see these guys at the end of June. Friggin' stoked. It should hold me up till AC/DC. :D
 BongoBob
06-03-2009, 10:24 AM

Got tickets to see these guys at the end of June. Friggin' stoked. It should hold me up till AC/DC. :D

Must...resist...urge...to laugh...
 MrWally
06-03-2009, 3:31 PM

I actually heard one of their songs for the first time yesterday. I have no idea which one it was, but I really enjoyed it. I think I'm going to have to check them out when I get the chance.

EDIT:

I did not enjoy the other songs I heard. Hit and miss, it would seem
 Ratmjedi
06-03-2009, 9:59 PM
Looks to me like a wannabe Slipknot mixed with Linkin Park :raise:

:lsduel: :duel:
 Pie™
06-04-2009, 2:59 AM
And why would anyone want to be Slipknot, let alone Linkin Park? :P
 Seph
06-04-2009, 3:27 AM
I just got all of Mindless Self Indulgence's Cd's and all that
and Smoke Signals
and Forgetting Sarah Marshall
 Kain
06-04-2009, 6:27 PM
And why would anyone want to be Slipknot, let alone Linkin Park? :P

Because both Slipknot and Linkin Park are sweet. Although, a hybrid of the 2 has got to be something summoned from the very deepest pits of the deepest layers of Hell...

...I'm saying they suck. IMO, no offense Obi.
 Pie™
06-04-2009, 8:16 PM
Ugh, enough of this nonsense. Very good thing, I finally have my vacation plans ready for this summer:

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/19/2410319/1280_6133393763653963.jpg)

A few days in Berlin won't hurt either. :)
 Kain
06-04-2009, 8:30 PM
Got UFC Undisputed. I guess its a good thing, except my blood pressure has gone through the roof since I began playing it. Couple that with the excess aggression I've been feeling lately and it makes for some good ole' TV screaming action.
 Da_man
06-04-2009, 10:38 PM
I rented Mortal Kombat Vs. DC universe. I all most smashed my controller against something when Dark Kahn pulled another 50% unblockable atack on me for the TENTH time. Oh, and I also rented Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, which is fun, but lacks in songs. The ones that are on there are pretty good though.
06-04-2009, 11:01 PM
^^^Curious, I wonder. How does it seem? What does it play like? I am sort of interested in this game since I love crossover stuff like MVC and M.U.G.E.N.

Would you say worth the investment so far?
 MrWally
06-05-2009, 12:47 AM
Watched Dethklok's Metalocalypse for the first time.

I saw the entire first season.

Oh. My. God.

I don't really listen to that music normally, but the show was absolutely hilarious and I just couldn't stop going through the dvds. Loved it.

And now Pie's avatar finally makes sense!
 Commander Obi-Wan
06-05-2009, 3:25 AM
...I'm saying they suck. IMO, no offense Obi.

None taken. When I first heard of them, I thought they were ****. About a few months later, a friend was playing it in his car and it sounded pretty good. I found out it happened to be Hollywood Undead. So, I guess my taste in music changed in those few months.

In all honesty, any song that I listen to enough, but not too much, I tend to like. :indif:

@Pie - I'm jealous. You damn Europeans get all the good metal festivals. :p
 Da_man
06-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Would you say worth the investment so far?

I rented through Gamefly, so I didn't really invest anything. It's a good game, but it lacks a tutorial, and it really needs one. There is a s***load of buttonmashing, but otherwise it's pretty good.
 BongoBob
06-05-2009, 4:07 PM
Watched Dethklok's Metalocalypse for the first time.

I saw the entire first season.

Oh. My. God.

I don't really listen to that music normally, but the show was absolutely hilarious and I just couldn't stop going through the dvds. Loved it.

And now Pie's avatar finally makes sense!

Pickles the Drummer doodily doo ding dong doodily doodily doo.
 RoxStar
06-05-2009, 4:44 PM
http://www.thehdroom.com/images/xbox360/large/513.jpg)

Late to the game, I know. But still, this game is so damn good
 Samuel Dravis
06-05-2009, 5:47 PM
Speaking of concerts, I'm going to The Watermarks (http://www.thewatermarks.net/)') EP Thoughts Like Bombs release tomorrow. Sweet.

Too much to list, got an apartment, lots of books, a Collective Soul poster, several games, picked up a running habit, got rid of my internet which is a great thing although paradoxically I'm posting here, have drawn a bit, going with a friend on a road trip in around a month and am in general quite well off. :D
 leXX
06-07-2009, 5:13 PM
Booked tickets for Walking With Dinosaurs (http://www.dinosaurlive.com/) the live show at Wembley Arena. Managed to get tickets on my daughter's birthday. Gonna be so awesome, I can't wait to surprise her! :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45580000/jpg/_45580052_dino5pa.jpg)
06-08-2009, 1:28 AM
Was Best Man today at my "uncle's" wedding.
 TiE23
06-08-2009, 2:10 AM
Booked tickets for Walking With Dinosaurs (http://www.dinosaurlive.com/) the live show at Wembley Arena. Managed to get tickets on my daughter's birthday. Gonna be so awesome, I can't wait to surprise her! :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45580000/jpg/_45580052_dino5pa.jpg)

Spoiler alert:

They all die out in the end.
 Tyrion
06-08-2009, 2:31 AM
Spoiler alert:

They all die out in the end.

The twist is that Raptor Jesus rises three days after and leads the faithful Velociraptors against the heathen Triceratops lead by Satanosaurus Rex. It's how the term "the Rapture" came into existence.
Page: 112 of 133