Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Plz Make Df Mod A .pk3!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Shrub91
07-30-2004, 10:33 PM
We Mac users think this is cool too!!!
 ewok mercenary
07-31-2004, 3:09 AM
Erm... whuh?

There something other than .pk3 that could be used? :confused:
 Shrub91
07-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Yeah, an .EXE it's a Windows installer
 Benevolence
07-31-2004, 2:21 PM
You might be out of luck. :( The game must be launched using +set fs_game darkforces (darkforces being the name of the folder with the mod in it). You cannot load the mod from inside the game>setup>mods. It just plain won't work. Because of this we are looking at an installer that has a shortcut to launch the mod properly and installs everything in the right place for you. If we can figure out how to get it to run on the Mac (we do have a Mac user on our team) we of course will let everyone know. But for now, it seems, Mac users might be outa luck.
 Darth_Linux
08-04-2004, 9:41 PM
Originally posted by Benevolence
You cannot load the mod from inside the game>setup>mods. It just plain won't work. [/B]

Did this break in JA? It worked in JO . . . what has changed that the JA mod menu won't load our mod??
 chrustec
08-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Yes you can load the mod through setup - I think where Ben is coming from is that we wanted to release the 3 lev demo in an installer package to make sure it is installed correctly and that the starting cutscenes load at the start before the menu - but Im sure we can arrange for just the pk3 distribution to be available to Mac users too. That is if the team agrees to this idea I will talk to Darth Linux about this closer to release
 Benevolence
08-05-2004, 2:23 AM
Originally posted by Darth_Linux
Did this break in JA? It worked in JO . . . what has changed that the JA mod menu won't load our mod??

Remember? I tried it and the loading menus were broken. You couldn't load the first level. You got the briefing screen but no buttons to launch.
 Fracman
08-06-2004, 2:16 PM
I can't even run it from the mods menu, it gives me a crash with console output something like "recursive error after: Filesystem call made without initialization"

Using the -fs_game option with a shortcut works really great actually.
But other people in the team complained about their w2k/XP that cannot set the directories in the shortcut properties properly...
 chrustec
08-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Well then
Ben and Frac - lets leave this discussion for the TEAM forums shall we.

Be assured people that you should be able to run this MOD from the setup menu. If by the time the mod is ready for release (soon) - we will let everyone know weither or not you can run the MOD from the setup menu but like I said It works for me so it should be ok.
 Fracman
08-09-2004, 3:11 AM
Of course, we will try everything possible to make it work, the one or the other way.

And, Chrustec, not to give wrong illusions to our fans here, we will not release the (entire) mod soon, but only the demo ;)
 chrustec
08-10-2004, 12:10 AM
Hehe, yeah i meant soon for the demo not the mod - Sorry Guys.
Page: 1 of 1