Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Co-Op Gametype Progress

Page: 2 of 2
 Kurgan
10-29-2004, 12:39 AM
Now that the DF Mod's second demo is out, I see it doesn't really support coop (loading the maps in MP causes them to crash after a few seconds of spawning).

The first demo (made for Jedi Outcast) doesn't load in JA MP either.

While coop is a very cool idea, I really want to see a tested Linux port for OJP first. But that's me...

Server admins need to sign up as testers!
 razorace
10-29-2004, 7:41 AM
Yeah, I speculate that the problem stims from the droid NPCs, I've been seeing crash issues whenever they're spawned in the game. I haven't figured out why yet.

As for testers, I haven't had any takers so there's not much I can do.
 Fracman
10-30-2004, 9:57 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Now that the DF Mod's second demo is out, I see it doesn't really support coop (loading the maps in MP causes them to crash after a few seconds of spawning).

The first demo (made for Jedi Outcast) doesn't load in JA MP either.

Kurgan, you are funny.
We never said we were using the coop stuff.
But i think we clearly wrote the first demo was explicitely done for JO SP, and that it would not work in JA.
As well as the 3level demo is for SP only.

Anyway nice try to load it in MP :p
 razorace
10-30-2004, 10:38 AM
I don't think Kurgan was trying to offend. He's just trying to help.

Anyway, on the subject of the crashes, I now think they're due to the new blaster effect sounds. Probably incompatible bit rates or something. Still working on it.
 Fracman
10-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Of course, no offense taken, neither it was my intention to offend him.
My apologies if you two took it wrong. :(

We have not tried ourselves what he did simply because we thought - or we were pretty confident it would not work anyway. :rolleyes:

I'm not against it, since we have reached our limits with SP exe (at least without coding).

RazorAce, you'll be contacted by Darth_Linux or The_One soon.
 recombinant
10-31-2004, 3:55 PM
...and I'd like to help get it to work. I'm helping razorace with some other issues presently, but OJP --> DFMod integration is something I'd like to ultimately focus on... for obvious reasons. ;)
 Fracman
11-02-2004, 2:41 PM
yup
Page: 2 of 2