Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making a new mod

Page: 2 of 3
 Jackel
07-13-2004, 7:30 AM
Originally posted by Gsccc
Well it appears I have made a big mistake. I just went to the KOTOR AE post
That was mistake one.

, wow. I had no idea you could make new areas and not have to use old ones.
Well so far no one has been able to actually make new areas at all , iots still a pipe dream.

And they can add sabers and jump buttons and all those planets?!?! I feel so dwarfed. There's no way I can compete with that.
These guys "making" AE are blowing smoke out their .. um yeah well. Jump button ? yeah , right.

Thanks for the encouragement Matt and Darth and you other guys. Thanks to everyone at holowan. But, no one is going to want my mod when AE is out.
I personally doubt AE will ever come out at all. Or if it come sout it wont be anything like what MG says it will be.

Sorry for taking up everyone's time. Guess this is just a pipe dream now. If anyone wants Manaan, I'll give it to you via email. Once again I appologize for taking up everyone's time. Man, I was so excited too.

You stay.. classy holowan.

Chuck McMackin.... Out.
Keep working on your mod , AE IF it ever comes out wont be out for a long time.

Besides, everyone that join AE seems to leave pretty quickly,so thats another stroke against them.
 kampher
07-13-2004, 7:51 AM
Whoa man, you better not stop with this mod. No offense to AE, but that mod is going nowhere, insanely fast. This is already shaping up to be the coolest mod ive seen yet. I beg you not to stop with it. Please keep up the good work.
 Darth Dex
07-13-2004, 8:17 AM
Yeah, come on keep working AE isn't going anywhere besides once you release this great modd nobody will know AE evens is there. Not only that, but AE might think you could be helpful once they see your mod being released and they might want you on there team, and you might just maybe be able to save their mod from the doom they are in right now! Come on forget about them they don't really count I would never download their mod without beating yours 5 times!
 Colma Adawin
07-13-2004, 8:22 AM
there you go Gsccc you've been told :P :D please go back to creating that mod BEEZE ? :)

Originally posted by Darth Dex
Yeah, come on keep working AE isn't going anywhere besides once you release this great modd nobody will know AE evens is there. Not only that, but AE might think you could be helpful once they see your mod being released and they might want you on there team, and you might just maybe be able to save their mod from the doom they are in right now!

please dont make the same mistake i did dont join it'll destroy you and your abilitys

MattCole
 Lord of Banthas
07-13-2004, 8:32 AM
Gsccc, plz don't quit.

AE is as good as dead, they've got a few screenies but I sincerely doubt it will ever go anywhere beyond the planning stage.
Finish your mod, everyone wants it!!:)

If there are any reskins you would like done I can help you, just PM me and tell me what you need.

The people in charge of KoToR:AE are so full of themselves I believe there is a serious risk of explosion ;)

Now, make this mod or i'll sick Revan after you!!!! :D (kiddin)

PM me if you need anything
 Darth333
07-13-2004, 11:10 AM
99% of what the kotor ae kids claim to be making is impossible. I think they just in need of some attention.
If Kotor AE comes out one day (which I doubt greatly), as I already said in the past, we will all be dead of old age...so don't stop modding for this.
 Doc Valentine
07-13-2004, 12:30 PM
I would personally like to thank each and every one of you. For a moment there, I had no idea anyone cared but matt and darth and that one guy. Ok you did good guys, guess i just needed a slap in the face. I'm glad to see all the support. Knights of the Old Republic: Reign of the Sith will continue. And I wont stop untill it is done. Thank you everyone, thank you. You have truely made me an extremely happy man.

YOU STAY CLASSY HOLOWAN!!!

CHUCK MCMACKIN.... OVER BUT NOT OUT YETT!!!!!!
 Doc Valentine
07-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by kampher
Whoa man, you better not stop with this mod. No offense to AE, but that mod is going nowhere, insanely fast. This is already shaping up to be the coolest mod ive seen yet. I beg you not to stop with it. Please keep up the good work.

Don't worry bud, you were my inspiration a long time ago. In a forum not so far away.

BTW, If I AM going to continue this mod i need to know how to make doors and the area transitions for them. Right now manm26ae1 links to manm26ac and not manm26ac1, I am not using the origonal modules anymore because of what I said before the heartbreak. Any help here would be hot.
 Doc Valentine
07-13-2004, 5:17 PM
Darth333 please reply to my BTW, i need those doors, i cant do anything until i find out. Please please please!
 Darth333
07-13-2004, 5:26 PM
Darth333 please reply to my BTW, i need those doors, i cant do anything until i find out. Please please please!

I can't give you a full answer right now because i'm not at home. To add new doors, extract a utc from somewhere else, customize it and place it where you want just like any other placeable.

To transit to another area, check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130451&perpage=40&pagenumber=2)

If there is more that you want to know or if you need more detailed info, post your questions and I'll check when i get home in about an hour :)
 Darth Dex
07-13-2004, 5:46 PM
Yah, the mod continues! Thank god! :D :D :D
:duel: (your mod is vader) and then later it's :luke: it always wins!
 Doc Valentine
07-13-2004, 9:00 PM
I'm real excited, I just got done with a reskin only it's a retexture. Check this out. You can have it with or withou the frosted weeds. What do you guys think.

HOTHLIKE PLANET:http://img41.exs.cx/img41/1107/Winterwonderlan.gif)
 Doc Valentine
07-13-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm real excited, I just got done with a reskin only it's a retexture. Check this out. You can have it with or withou the frosted weeds. What do you guys think.

I did ALL the retexturing myself in case you were wondering
 RedHawke
07-14-2004, 12:14 AM
^^^^^
Kind of Dantooine-like... only frostier... I like it! :D
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 12:28 AM
Glad someone likes it!!!
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Im curious to see matt's imput though, with or without blades of frosted grass???
 RedHawke
07-14-2004, 12:39 AM
Im curious to see matt's imput though, with or without blades of frosted grass???

I say... Leave em' frosted, makes more sense, and is more accurate. :D
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
I say... Leave em' frosted, makes more sense, and is more accurate. :D
Your probably right but it produces a little bit of lag, where is matt he would love this. Has anyone done a reskin on a module before for terrain???
 RedHawke
07-14-2004, 12:57 AM
Your probably right but it produces a little bit of lag, where is matt he would love this. Has anyone done a reskin on a module before for terrain???

Well if it causes lag, that would hurt users with low end systems, so the frosted weeds should probably go.

That is the first area reskin I've seen.
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 2:01 AM
Hey this is some storyline that is revealed in my mod, check this ou.

MANAN:http://img31.exs.cx/img31/8717/Kazakdullserver.gif)
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 2:51 AM
Tento_spear: Don't listen to GSCCC or his claims! I went to their site and saw the tutorials and there are already like 3 mods coming out for the dark side ending. [Well what I have for darkside I'm thinking of trying to find a way to have Master Vandar not die in the explosion of that republic ship by him using the force to somehow protect shield himself and then have some republic fighter ship happen to show up and save him and this ship gets past the sith onslaught and lands on this jedi planet that no one knows about. Then I plan on having Revan and Bastila taking over Manaan, Tatooine, a new planet that looks like Taris, and Korriboan. While your doing that Master Vandar is healed and he senses what you are doing so he summons a bunch of Jedi and they come attack you while your on some planet and this massive war is taking place with the republic soldiers and jedi vs. your dark jedi and sith soldiers. Then while your in some room master vander and two other jedi show up. the two jedi fight Bastila and master vander fights you. This is all I have so far, tell me what you think. Any suggestions are welcome.]If gsccc is REALLY making this mod, and we have no proof, there are still mod teams out there with a roster of more than just one guy. Not only is his mod second rate, it is redundant.

Is he correct??? Im getting that feeling again. Maybe he is right you guys, I mean, I know you guys "say" its good and dont give up, but name one good thing and unique thing about my mod. What makes it "good". This guy poses a compelling argument.
 Colma Adawin
07-14-2004, 3:18 AM
Is he correct??? Im getting that feeling again. Maybe he is right you guys, I mean, I know you guys "say" its good and dont give up, but name one good thing and unique thing about my mod. What makes it "good". This guy poses a compelling argument.

Prove him wrong! Gsccc forget him, your doing this becoz YOU want to, not becoz someone asked you, YOU WANT THIS! (and so do i, you've made too much publity for this to stop now, do not become KotOR AE! one man having a problem with your mod, so what?! ignore him, hes not even a member of Holowan, and if he were he'd get the same greetings as Grifman.( we ' fell ' out )

do this please, and stop thinking its not going to work, becoz if YOU say its not going to be done then it wont be done! think positively and you WILL complete this mod! sorry i just went hippie on you guys :) if your still feeling down LOOK BELOW:

[Force Persuade] You are happy, you will continue your mod.

[Success] Im happy :) i will continue my mod,

i'll do it, i'll do it for myself, and the ppl at Holowan!

Thank you Gsccc, i knew you'd see it my way :P :D

MattCole

PS and please remember you've got the support of the Infinite Empire! if you need help, :D
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 3:22 AM
Matt I want you too do a scan of this thread and look at what you havent seen yet, and answer the question that has yet to be answered;what is unique about my mod or good about my mod that people would want to use it???? What have i done other people have not? or will as I see in this mans thread? Just give me a few good or unique things, I cant find one.
 Colma Adawin
07-14-2004, 3:36 AM
Matt I want you too do a scan of this thread and look at what you havent seen yet, and answer the question that has yet to be answered;what is unique about my mod or good about my mod that people would want to use it???? What have i done other people have not? or will as I see in this mans thread? Just give me a few good or unique things, I cant find one.

the UNIQUE thing about this is that someone with 60-61 posts has managed to create a mod which EVERYONE @ Holowan is interested in which doesnt happen i can tell you, ppl NORMALLY get 150 ~ 250 till they've released mods, AND theres even those who havent even regestered so just think of that, and if you ask Infinite Empire im positive someone if not the whole team will come and give you ideas or some of our time to create some unique items (weapons, custom items, and all that) WE ALL want to use your mod becoz it hasn't been done before, AGAIN PLEASE JUST IGNORE HIM, CREATE THE MOD THEN SEE HOW MANY PPL DOWNLOAD THE MOD, then you can see if ppl will like / dislike your mod, and i doubt if you put a very decriptive description, this will be as popular as the Sith Armarda mod, IF not better! :)

MattCole

PS please just ignore what this person has said, create the mod, release it on PCGMs or Infinite Empires Web Site, whatever you decide
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 3:40 AM

I was going to make Sleharon or however you spellit like i did hoth, you didnt get to see this matt, it was actually pretty good. Like I said I was going to but I think I'll sleep on it tonight. Maybe watch a little charmed, dive into a bag of orioes. What ever tomorow brings I promis you willl know then.
 Darth Dex
07-14-2004, 8:31 AM
I love the hoth planet? Are you going to add new quest and people, the Jedi from Dantooine would be boring, make the Jedi Enclave some serect Rebulic base that you have to curse or something, but that's just my idea, you don't even have to listen to it.
 Jackel
07-14-2004, 9:46 AM
what is unique about my mod or good about my mod that people would want to use it???? What have i done other people have not? or will as I see in this mans thread? Just give me a few good or unique things, I cant find one.
What makes yours unique..

Youve shown us progress shots.

You havent been "working' on it for months and months and months.

Your actually getting somewhere with your mod.

You seem really enfused about working on it. (Well till you read the AE thread ;) )

Your asking Q's and doing lots of work.

So far the other mods for the DS ending have gotten no where , last i heard for one of them was litterally MONTHS ago. No updates , no screenies , nothing.

You are doing this all by yourself and have realistic plans and some experience in coding , skinning and editting.
 Hellfire Jedi
07-14-2004, 10:15 AM
If you quit out on this mod, I for one will be sad. :(
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 1:04 PM
Good morining people at holowan, Manaan is almost complete, I have the entrence and the Selkath Court left, both which have very few npcs. Oh right, and if anyone thinks I am leaving *now*, no. I have done too much strived too far. According to some people I was the first person to make a retexture. And Darth Dex that was my exact idea. You will also see sleharon[pardon the spelling]. But what I am most proud of is the fact that you dont need any "miracles" for it to work. Like Master Vendar just happening to escape the insineration of the explosion. But the cool thing is, Carth has set up a base somewhere and is attracting rebels, yes they are rebels now because we are the republic and you have to check around for answers, between completely dominating the once neutral planet Manaan, and Invading the poor planet of Telos [Taris Night time(never used)] You find yourself proving once again that the might of Darth Revan is endless. Should I have the last level as the Rebel Battleship or should I have it as the rebel base?

YOU STAY CLASSY HOLOWAN
 Colma Adawin
07-14-2004, 1:43 PM
Should I have the last level as the Rebel Battleship or should I have it as the rebel base?

it all depends on how you plan on ending it, if i knew that, i would be certain of the answer but in till then,

I vote for: Rebel Base

MattCole
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 1:46 PM
So what do you ALL think of the Hothlike planet yae or nae???
I need imput people.

Darth333 has been quiet for a while, what do you think Darth. Should I add the hothlike planet?
 Achilles
07-14-2004, 2:19 PM
So what do you ALL think of the Hothlike planet yae or nae???
I need imput people.

Darth333 has been quiet for a while, what do you think Darth. Should I add the hothlike planet?

Based on the amount of work that it looks like you've done, it kinda seems anticlimatic to not add it, don't you think?
 Darth333
07-14-2004, 2:31 PM
24 hours...is that what you call "a while"? I have a life outside this and i work full time so don't expect me to be there 24/24 hours. Do what you think you can do. Making a single new planet is a lot of work: placeables, dialogs, triggers, coding, etc... Just make sure you don't see too big...
 Colma Adawin
07-14-2004, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
Based on the amount of work that it looks like you've done, it kinda seems anticlimatic to not add it, don't you think?

Yea what he said :S ??? :D kiddin it would be good but Darth333, does have a point, you may tire yourself out, take it easy but not too easy, if you know what i mean, do the mod , but dont over exurt yourself. good luck for the future

MattCole
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 2:37 PM
My deepest appologies Darth333. I meant not to upset you. I do not expect you to be there 24/7 I just wanted to know the imput of someone as high up as you. As for quiting the mod halfway, forget it. No more hicups. I so far have created my own planet. There is no turning back now. I have to do it for the poeple.

YOU STAY CLASSY HOLOWAN
 Doom_Dealer
07-14-2004, 2:38 PM
Just one thing, you do know that by retexturing the files for that module you're retexturing dantooine, you cant do a seperate texture for a new module that that of the original, therefore dantooine would be a 'hoth like' planet aswell. And you cant just edit dantooine, as you couldnt get to all the other planets without it.

Anyway, apart from that, your mod looks good, cant wait to see it done :)
 Colma Adawin
07-14-2004, 2:52 PM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer
Just one thing, you do know that by retexturing the files for that module you're retexturing dantooine, you cant do a seperate texture for a new module that that of the original, therefore dantooine would be a 'hoth like' planet aswell. And you cant just edit dantooine, as you couldnt get to all the other planets without it.

oh thats the sprit Doom_Dealer just completely destroy his plans for Hoth :) im kiddin i do it becoz i care :P thats a major bummer if that happens BUT we shall just have to use our imaginations when we reach Dantooine for jedi Training :P

MattCole
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 5:10 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
oh thats the sprit Doom_Dealer just completely destroy his plans for Hoth :) im kiddin i do it becoz i care :P thats a major bummer if that happens BUT we shall just have to use our imaginations when we reach Dantooine for jedi Training :P

MattCole

Dont worry my plans are not destroyed. And listen you all seem to be forgeting one major thing I have said over and over agian this is an AFTER GAME mod so you wont be going to dantooine for jedi trianing. You install the mod, after you have at least gotten to right before malak cuz you cant save after malak. Then when you load the latest save, warp to ebon hawk and travel. There will be no jedi training there will be no dantooine. I mean no offence to the critisism but please understand this. If the person wants to start a new game he/she can simply uninstall the mod. It is as simple as that. And to add to the misconseption it is not hot but rather a hothlike planet.

PS: I dont mean this in any harm or anything but to Darth333 I realise you do have a life but I hope when you said that you didnt imply that *I* had no life, for I do too, I just work on a computer being a game designer for CRITTERS INC. Once again no offence.

You stay classy holowan.
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 7:45 PM
HEY GUYS ITS DONE!!!!! Check this new planet reskin, personally i think the sand should be darker.

SLEHARON:http://img47.exs.cx/img47/2479/BONEY.gif)

IMPUT IMPUT IMPUT
 Darth Dex
07-14-2004, 7:52 PM
That seems a little out of place, I don't know why....it just does, but who cares what I think!:D :D :D :D
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 8:13 PM
That seems a little out of place, I don't know why....it just does, but who cares what I think!:D :D :D :D

o_0 What is out of place THAT TOOK ME FOR EVER!!!
 Darth Dex
07-14-2004, 8:38 PM
nothing really, it's just the sky goes from blue to gray very quickly, i don't know.......just the way I am picky. It's nothing really great work.
 Doc Valentine
07-14-2004, 11:42 PM
There isnt even any blue in it at all? what are you talking about blue to gray????
 Darth333
07-15-2004, 1:58 AM
HEY GUYS ITS DONE!!!!! Check this new planet reskin, personally i think the sand should be darker.

SLEHARON:http://img47.exs.cx/img47/2479/BONEY.gif)

IMPUT IMPUT IMPUT
Reminds me of a screenshot taken by TK102 about three months ago when we found out about those textures: http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/c61c2203.jpg)
 Doc Valentine
07-15-2004, 2:22 AM
Yea, the only thing that is origonal from their almost done area was the sky textures, the ground is tatooine but i textured it too.
 Doc Valentine
07-15-2004, 3:10 AM
I must however reflect uppon one thing that Tento_spear said, there are a whole bunch of mod teams out there with more than one person. I cant get through this alone, and though Darth333 is helping me with coding, and a major thank you to that beautiful helpful woman, i need a team, a real team. So Matt, I think I'm going to take you up on your offer. How do I join Infinite Empire. Anyone else who wants to hop on may do so if they want.
 Doc Valentine
07-15-2004, 3:47 AM
This is the way I make my mods, notice this authentic map. I have the characters listed and their dialogue extentions with them. I then go into the game and stand in the dot and hit whereami, and record the coordinates. look at the map]
http://img25.exs.cx/img25/5015/korrmap.gif)
 Darth Dex
07-15-2004, 8:12 AM
Never mind about the map thing. I would offer to help, but my n00biess would probly slow you down...but if you need some dialong done, PM me about it and I'll see what I can do. Wish I could be more helpful.

-Dex
 Darth Dex
07-15-2004, 8:14 AM
Oh, Matt, can you put me Tatioone Spine mod in the Projects tab and let me post it on your site (when I'm done)?

Sorry this has nothing do with the forum.
 Colma Adawin
07-15-2004, 9:01 AM
Oh, Matt, can you put me Tatioone Spine mod in the Projects tab and let me post it on your site (when I'm done)?

Sorry this has nothing do with the forum.

this all depends on whether or not your joining hehe, and this mod, whats it entail ? (involve) before i go putting mods up there, i need to have a chat with team mates but it would be a certainty if you joined :) im not forcing you, you do what you like, we will probably put it up there, let me talk to ArmyJC first though, (Join now our team is growing ) hehe

MattCole
Page: 2 of 3