Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Converting JA models into KotOR

Page: 1 of 1
 Orsan
06-17-2004, 5:43 AM
I converted JA model into KotOR mdl format. It is E-11 Blaster Rifle. You can see screenshot here (http://kotormods.t-k.ru/image/E-11big.jpg), or download it here (http://kotormods.t-k.ru/mods/e-11.htm).
 Doom_Dealer
06-17-2004, 5:47 AM
hey that is soooo cool!

what model does it replace???
 Orsan
06-17-2004, 5:56 AM
It add new model. In console: giveitem g_w_blstrrfl010 to use this rifle.
 Doom_Dealer
06-17-2004, 5:58 AM
hey ive just had a go, its awesome mate.

very very good job!
 Drog
06-17-2004, 6:11 AM
Looks nice! , but does it have new animation etc like new shooting?
 DarkLord Re\/an
06-17-2004, 7:02 AM
does it have the rapid fire option or is it just like a normal blaster???
 Nodakrattler
06-17-2004, 7:17 AM
That looks sweet! Must have, must use. Yippee it's downloaded.
 Mono_Giganto
06-17-2004, 9:39 AM
Wow that's awesome, I don't supposed you could convert Katarn's sabee hilt could ya?
 Ziegfried
06-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Wow kool! Heh maybe eventually you could make a total conversion mod :)
Can you for example convert the stormtrooper and make it an armour? Or is that too hard?
 deathdisco
06-17-2004, 12:31 PM
Hey Orsan,
Could you translate the description into english and post it in this thread? I can take it from there. BTW good job:)
Thanks
 Colma Adawin
06-17-2004, 12:51 PM
hey Orsan Great stuff! and i and many others would like to see more converting!!! well done

MattCole
 cchargin
06-17-2004, 1:29 PM
hello all,

Looks nice! , but does it have new animation etc like new shooting?
does it have the rapid fire option or is it just like a normal blaster???
Just so ya know, the blasters don't have animations. All the animations are either stored with the character (i.e calo nord, selkath, etc) or are stored in master animation files for the main characters (i.e s_female03, s_male02, etc..). And we can't do animations yet.

Wow that's awesome, I don't supposed you could convert Katarn's saber hilt could ya?
We can't do sabers yet. They have animations, and a mesh type that does not appear to be used in NeverWinter Nights. I'm working on a work-around.
 Prime
06-17-2004, 1:38 PM
Very cool!
 Darth Kellen
06-17-2004, 5:43 PM
awww thats sweet!!!! could you make a storm trooper armor?:vadar::beam2: :beam3:
 FiEND_138
06-17-2004, 8:24 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Very cool!

:wstupid: Great work :D
 kampher
06-17-2004, 8:56 PM
I think we have to wait for the exporter tool to come out before we can make some serious mods like st armor.
 deathdisco
06-17-2004, 9:16 PM
I've all ready made mine upgradeable:D :D :D
 Orsan
06-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by deathdisco
Hey Orsan,
Could you translate the description into english and post it in this thread? I can take it from there. BTW good job:)
Thanks
Description:
This mod adds new weapon in game. The E-11 Blaster Rifle from JA.
Installation:
Copy all files of archive in Override folder. Further, during the game, in console to register " giveitem g_w_blstrrfl010 ".
 RedHawke
06-18-2004, 1:41 AM
Originally posted by deathdisco
I've all ready made mine upgradeable:D :D :D

Same here! Another great job Orsan, thanks for releasing it!
 deathdisco
06-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Actually Orsan, I meant the in games description.

Using bablefish I got this out of it:

The intensive version of usual blastera with the long range of action, shooting from which frequently requires both hands. The most known blasternaya rifle - BlasTekh e-11, the standard weapon of imperial attack aircraft. es-11 is compact and little it weighs, with the shooting it is possible to hold it in one hand. In order to increase accuracy and firing distance, it is possible to use a well-made support for the rifle. Other models possess an even larger firepower, but them to more complexly govern. In many systems this weapon is permitted to bear only by serviceman.

I cleaned up the sentence structures a bit:

The more powerful version of typical blasters with a longer range, firing this weapon requires both hands. The most recognized blaster rifle - BlasTech E-11, is the standard weapon of Imperial Storm Troopers. The E-11 is compact and light weight. In order to increase accuracy and firing distance, it has a built in folding stock. Other models possess an even grater firepower, but are more complex to handle. In many systems this weapons use is rescricted to servicemen only.

I'm not sure how accurate bablefish is but I don't think you meant
"the standard weapon of imperial attack aircraft"
I could be wrong.
Page: 1 of 1