Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

AkosView Release

Page: 1 of 1
 checkmate
06-17-2004, 2:17 AM
I've decided to upload the finalized version of AkosView, with source code. This is NOT an alpha version, and is capable of extracting AKOS data from SCUMM files!

I actually finished the AKOS extractor a couple months ago, but I didn't want to release AkosView because there were still some things I wanted to work on, such as getting the colors correct and animations. I couldn't figure those things out, though, and I didn't want it to look like the project was dead.

Get it here! (http://www.geocities.com/nosedog2003/AkosView/AkosView.html)

Of course, AkosView will be obsolete once the ScummEx project gets going. Until then, "you can count on Nosedog to serve all your AKOS-viewing needs"...;)
 jannar85
06-22-2004, 6:27 PM
Wow! Hurray! :D

*bows*

Btw.. It cannot open Full Throttle...

AppName: akosview.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 ModName: akosview.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.0 Offset: 000028b7
 checkmate
06-23-2004, 9:58 PM
Oh DARN!:o I forgot to add code that detects the different SCUMM versions (hence slightly different file formats). I assume it works for Curse of Monkey Island, right? I'm on vacation, so unfortunately I won't be able to correct this problem for a week or two.

If you have a C++ compiler, you might be able to modify a few lines of code to make it work. Some DWORDs in the Directory blocks ought to be WORDs in Full Throttle (the value specifying the number of items, as well as the offset fields, I believe).
 jannar85
07-08-2004, 5:07 AM
I don't have a compiler :(
Waiting for a fix ;)
 jannar85
08-16-2004, 12:07 PM
*bump*
 bgbennyboy
09-15-2004, 6:05 AM
Nice one Nolan, you should release a final, final version though :)
 masterdebator
10-07-2004, 10:57 AM
Finally, This is what I have been looking for, it changes the cel distributions automatically, the AkosView that I got from the International House of Mojo only show a few. How do you save?

OK, it does work with CMI, pretty well too, I especially like that it'l open all AKOS's at once, instead of using Scumm Revisited. It is really only missing two things, auto image centering and export. Otherwise this tool is the best (only good) AKOS viewer yet, also, if you ever get a chance, the ability to edit the image. I would help, but I don't have enough money for a C++ compiler, and I am not cheap enough to use kazaa.
 Alien426
10-07-2004, 9:19 PM
Here (http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html)'s) your compiler. Or did you mean a decompiler?
 masterdebator
10-08-2004, 4:43 AM
that was fast. I want to thank you, for not letting me get visual studio, it is very expensive. You wouldn't by chance know a free/dirt cheap replacement for photoshop would you?

Damn dial-up, it is taking forever to download.
 john_doe
10-08-2004, 5:02 AM
Have a look at The Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/), an open-source alternative to Photoshop.
 masterdebator
10-09-2004, 7:59 AM
Thanks, I would, but I have dial-up. I'll burn to a CD when I get to work on Tuesday.
Page: 1 of 1