Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Big room

Page: 1 of 1
 MeowTown
06-13-2004, 1:35 AM
hey im kinda new to mapping, and i am making this mp map where the initial room is *huge* but not too big. Anyways, when i compile and test it, if you stand on one end of the room, the other end looks all messed up like there is a leak. If you move closer, it stops doin it. help??
 lauser
06-13-2004, 2:48 AM
Define 'messed up'. If you are REALLY new to mapping go see Rich Diesel before posting anymore. Also...the search function on these forums is handy. Use it a lot BEFORE posting please.:D
 mergatroid
06-13-2004, 3:21 AM
I think it has to do with your room being to large and the distance_cull can't handle it, there is way to fix it but I'm not sure (I never had this problem).
 MeowTown
06-13-2004, 3:31 AM
yea i already did the diesel tutorial. and messed up as in it looks like when your map has a leak! all mirrored and crap
 Druid Bremen
06-13-2004, 6:15 AM
The best way to tell us = screenshot
;)
 lauser
06-13-2004, 8:52 AM
Aaahhh..yes the infamous HOM = Hall of Mirrors effect. Do you have detailed brushes in between the area you are standing in and the area that has the HOM? The best way to fix this would be to put in a structural brush and or HINT somewhere in the middle. Maybe a wall perhaps. Or a structural hill and or clip.
 saurumonk
06-13-2004, 9:35 AM
i think its a z axis fighting effect.

try making the room out of 6 brushes instead of hollowing because when you hollow your brushes overlap or try a different texture.

HOM suks had to scrap a 2 week project due to them cuz everytime one got fixed- 2 more would show up in its place... :(
 MeowTown
06-13-2004, 1:53 PM
nvm, i just had to change distancecull
Page: 1 of 1